Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa
10749 Westview Parkway
San Diego, CA 92126Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (858) 536-2822
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Antonio Pimentel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa - Best Restaurants in Mira Mesa ›
Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (45)special occasion (30)kid-friendly (24)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Most of our food was really good except the alfredo. It was kind of dry & plain & was only lukewarm when it came out. We would go here again but definitely try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for romantic couples or anniversariesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I made a reservation and specifically noted it was for our wedding anniversary night. We were given a booth next to all large parties. There were exceptionally large and loud birthday parties at every table surrounding ours. Every birthday party got a candle and loud screaming that demanded we join in. Our anniversary didn't receive any special treatment, and it was clearly the wrong place for any kind of romantic dinner, even on a Wednesday night. The food took 45 minutes, and although our waitress was nice, the staff was clearly just over-extended in some way. I will only come here for a large loud family birthday, never with my wife again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Two out of the three main courses were luke warm and by the time the waiter came around again it was too late to send them back.Special Features:
- MehDiegoDined on 11/7/2014It is what it is ... mid level chain serving up mid level food with mid level service. Expect nothing more and you will be impressed.Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 11/5/2014The food and service are consistently good and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- a fun timejlarrieuDined on 10/30/2014I love the decor, everyone had a smile on their facce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Value & Quiet Lunch SpotFriendlyVIPDined on 10/28/2014Buca was A Great Value & Quiet Lunch Spot. Great price, great food, and darn quiet.Special Features:
- Fantastic food & large portions!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014This was the 1st time I had gone to a Buca di Beppo and it was great! Very different in that they do family-sized portions, so definitely an awesome place to go with a large group (although the "small" portions are fit for a couple). We had the chicken parmesan & baked ziti and both were delicious :) Definitely would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Perez1279Dined on 10/18/2014We loved the food... the service is usually good , but noticed that our server and other servers would neglect their tables to help celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go on a Friday nightFoodie23Dined on 10/17/2014There were a million families and kids everywhere. Very loud, we had to shout to hear each other. The food was good but the service was awful. We asked our server multiple times for bread and he never brought any out. Finally we asked random bussers for bread and after we were well done with our meal and asking multiple people, we finally got some bread.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Frutti di mare was great. I did not like alfredo fettucini it was dry and bland. But everything else is great. Chicken with artichoke yummy. Apple salad great too. Plus the bread. And of course service was awesome. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta have it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014This place is amazing! I love the atmosphere, the service is outstanding and the prices are reasonable! If you are celebrating anything, this is the place to go as well!! I will be back for sure!!!Special Features:
- Buca di Beppo BirthdayLittledogDined on 9/27/2014Had a great birthday with my family, mostly from Northern California. We loved the family style dining, food was perfectly cooked, and there was plenty of attention to our table throughout the meal. Glad we made reservations because there was a line out the door on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KnJFoodGuruDined on 9/19/2014Our first time and great experience overall. Awesome food! A bit compact dining; not ideal for groups or someone claustrophobic. Again, the food was excellent and good service.Special Features:
- No Shrimp ScampiJblacklockDined on 9/14/2014Odd that an Italian restaurant no longer has shrimp scampi. For those who can't eat pasta they do not have options for you.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!SAL1Dined on 9/13/2014And even better service. My husband is 1/2 Sicilian...so he KNOWS good Italian food. The place was a little hard to find, but once we found the place our experience was perfect. We were celebrating both our birthdays (a little late for his, a little early for mine) and everything exceeded our expectations. Our waiter was especially helpful and caring, pointing out the best way to use the discount coupon we had brought. We enjoyed Chicken Parmagiana and a "small" side dish of spaghetti with meat sauce that was big enough to feed 6 people. Took enough leftovers home for a big Sunday dinner! We LOVED our experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingMichaelDined on 9/12/2014We had a party of 15, but the seating at the tables where so close together we had to sit others at another table separating them from or party. I fill you should have a little space between each other, it was shoulder to shoulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time visit.food619Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food. We both have heard positive comments and finally decided to try it for ourselves. It did not disappoint. We will definitely be back again as there was so much more we wanted to try. Until next time.Special Features:
- Great family place for good foodZulfiqarDined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere is lively - two birthday serenades from the staff in the hour and a half just in the section where we sat. The large portions are huge - 10 healthy adults could only finish 1/2 to 2/3 of the four entrees we ordered. Go with a large appetite and a large group, it will be fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014celebrated husbands birthday was great service excelant food outstandingSpecial Features:
- Where Italian food goes to die.EatgoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014If you have no place else to dine sort of place. I was astounded with the lack of quality of the food. As for the prices, they should be great full we dined there at all the first and last time. Service was friendly and cordial, however we were there for the food. All 6 of us were sadly disappointed.Special Features:
- NonnaDined on 8/24/2014We were seated upstairs and the table was good. It was hard to decide on what to eat. We did get some very good plates and I was happy with the selections. This was for my grandson's birthday and he was stuffed.Special Features:
- Lotsa PastaEpicureanDined on 8/22/2014We had 20 people in our party to celebrate grandpa's 94th birthday. As a family style restaurant, we ordered six main courses to split among us and still had leftovers! They do not overdo the garlic, so kids will enjoy most of their selections. I like mine a little more spicy, so I concentrate on the Shrimp Diavlo and the Spicy Chicken; I was quite pleased with both. Loved the photos on the walls, but this is not a quiet omantic spot. This is a great place for parties of 5 or more and you should be prepared to share. The complementary sour dough bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil was well recieved by everyone. The service was very good and, despite having two large groups, our waiter did a decent job keeping the glasses filled.Special Features:
- B-day celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Made a reservation for our son's b-day celebration. We had a fairly large group. They crammed us into a section that was too small for our group. It made the dining experience quite unpleasant. The food overall was ok. We have been to Buco's before & have been very happy. Unfortunately, this time was not a pleasure. Overall service was sub-par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table configurationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014We made a reservation for a group of 14 for a birthday celebration. We chose Buca di Beppo due to the family style service and ability to handle a large group. Extremely disappointed upon arrival to find that our table was in shape of oblong rectangle (about 20 feet long by 3 foot wide). This made it impossible for everyone to share in the same conversation or for everyone to hear what other family members were saying. When we asked the staff if we could move to the large round table which we passéd on the way in, they said that was the "Pope's table" and you had to specifically reserve that table when you called for a reservation. Unless you KNOW to ask for a round table, you won't get one.Special Features:
- Not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This was our first visit to a Buca di Beppo and it was very disappointing. The staff were ok but the food was awful. It was barely warm and it came out in only a few minutes, so was obviously not cooked to order. We left a considerable amount of food on our plates and the waitress did not ask if everything was ok, so I told her we didn't enjoy it and she offered us a free dessert! We said no thank you, and the bill was not adjusted to take into account our dissatisfaction. Sorry, but I would not recommend this restaurant.
- nice!momoDined on 8/8/2014Good experience every time I go, the ambience is cool and the food great, you definitely get your monies worth. Would highly recommend especially for couples!Special Features:
- Service could have been betterJB1378Dined on 8/8/2014This was my first trip in a while. The food was still as good as expected, but the service was subpar. Generally unenthusiastic, and not very good with communicating the status of certain food items. Also, did not even bother to offer my wife dessert even though it was her birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceWildBillDined on 8/6/2014Had a nice time, great service but food was not as good as it used to be.Special Features:
- Good Times at Buca di BeppoSecondsPleaseDined on 8/6/2014Our first visit was a great one! Celebrating a family member’s promotion, a friend recommended Buca di Beppo. The food was good and the service was outstanding. A fun place to have a large group. I am not saying it’s the best Italian restaurant I’ve been to but this place will be on my list to visit again, especially when we have a large group.Special Features:
- The following 469 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa reviews archive.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014I love this place. The food is great. Prices are reasonable. Drinks are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyamazingDined on 7/26/2014Definitely big enough portions to share, even when ordering the small! Everything was delicious. We had a group of 20, and we were accommodated just fine, and on time. Our waitress was AMAZING, wish I could remember her name. Would consider this location for our next big gathering (rehearsal dinner?) or for a night out with the fiancé. Only bad thing was that the AC wasn't working too well on the 2nd floor, once the food was served it felt even hotter :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and quantitysswisnerDined on 7/19/2014Family style italian favorites served up at a table IN the kitchen where you can see all of the food prepared. It was a fun treat to go take some girls in town for a basketball tournament with hefty appetites. If you happen to get the ONE table in the kitchen (you can reserve it in advance), the wait staff will bring over other guests' food before it leaves the kitchen so you can see what they look like. It's fun especially if you've never been before, or if you always order the same dishes. The food is very good and consistent. The portions are large (meant for family-style serving). This makes it a bit of a problem if you want to dine for just two. Don't expect anything fancy, but prepare to leave fat and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNaz3Dined on 7/17/2014Such a great experience! They first walked us through the kitchen and the staff were extremely nice. Our server stood and talked with us a long time and we shared some laughs. The food was fantastic and even had enough for leftovers. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Our server was overwhelmed with tables and getting our drinks and order in took a long time. Bread was delivered with no butter or plates. My brother did not get his lemonade. Server did not pour the wine. Just dropped it off and left.Special Features:
- Good eating!Run2eatDined on 7/12/2014We were in town for a half-marathon, and needed to "carb-up" the night before...And feed our group of 5! We saw this Buca de Beppo earlier in the day and remembered the street/location. After spending a day at the beach, we looked it up online and made a reservation. It was very easy! We actually arrived 15 minutes early, but they seated us immediately. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly...and my only minor complaint was that the temperature on the dining room was freezing! (But I find that to be consistent at several locations).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian FoodchauffeurPDined on 7/12/2014We had 4 at our table and we ordered excellent mini meatball appetizers and the mozzarella triangles. They were delicious. Then, we ordered 3 entrees between us. The eggplant parm, manicotti and the chicken. It was more than enough and some to bring home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good group placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014we had a large group of 12, they put us in an alcove area. interesting decor, overall great food, great funSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerSweetDUDEDined on 6/29/2014My Girlfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversary here and it was amazing. First time at the Mira Mesa location. I love the atmosphere and they treat you like family! Hopefully you will get Jennifer as your Server, she is awesome!Special Features:
- Always funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014I could just get lost looking at the eclectic art on the wall. We always order way too much delicious food - which is fine because we love leftovers (just extends the celebration). The bruschetta is a must! As pescatarians, we'd love to see more vegetarian/fish options but Frutta De Mer is always high on our list so we know there is always something we will love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.