Buca di Beppo - Minneapolis
1204 Harmon Place
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6122880138x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: David Burington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you"re hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Minneapolis
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Buca di Beppo - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (46)special occasion (27)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not a bad place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014I enjoy the food for the price I pay. If you are a pretentious foodie (read: foodie) pass this one by. But if you want to entertain some friends, have a group meal, etc and don't want to break the bank this is your spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Style ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Great Italian food served family style. The portions are generous, so plan to share! A fun way to celebrate a birthday or other special occasion with a group. Service was excellent. We were there for lunch on a Saturday and it was not at all crowded - made for a very relaxed and enjoyable meal!Special Features:
- First Visit2for1Dined on 9/24/2014I recently made my first visit to Buca on Harmon Pl., meeting two friends for lunch. The service was excellent and the chicken with lemon butter sauce was out of this world! I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- Great timeHijeanDined on 9/21/2014We made an online reservation for 13 people, and Buca made it a special occasion. Great family-style dining with something for everyone.Special Features:
- Coupon initially never appliedokayDined on 9/20/2014Our family decided on Buca because of a coupon we had. Prior to ordering anything our server wrote down the coupon code numbers. After we ate and recived the bill - the discount had never been applied. Adding to the frustration it took an very long time to even address the server about the wrong amount. Having younger kids with us only made the long wait worse. However, food was great and the extra nice job with packaging the take home food helped overall. Service was good other then the bill issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coupon is a scamFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We had a $10 off $20 or more coupon. The total discount came to $6 something. If a coupon says $10 off, one should get $10 off. Otherwise the customer thinks you're scamming them and they won't be back. This seems pretty obvious. If the food was worth overlooking this we might have been willing to go back, but it's not.
- mumzDined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating a birthday and were a large group. The food was excellent without a long wait time. The atmosphere was fun and festive, service was great. My only problem was the noise level, there was a table next to us that was very loud and a little obnoxious we were not able to hear anyone sitting on the opposite end of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateHoogie44Dined on 9/13/2014I took a girl who Ive known for 17 years to eat at buca for our first date. Ive been there many times but she has not. I was more than happy to get a reservation for two and 7pm which is prime time to eat there. Our food was delicious and our server was very friendly. She enjoyed the atmosphere and all the pictures and things on the wall, she also commented on how she wanted to come back. I couldnt be more satisfied with how dinner went and made it a successful first date.Special Features:
- YumYumVIPDined on 9/11/2014Chopped salad and tomato basil soup were good. Didn't need the full portions as even the lunch portions can be too big.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSteveDined on 9/6/2014We ordered a pasta with meat dish (chicken and sausage) and it had so little meat we had to send it back - it came back with only a skimpy amount of meat! The salad, eggplant parmiganio, and cheese manicotti were delicious.Special Features:
- Bucca going down hillbuddyDined on 8/31/2014I've eaten there for years, service was great but the food seemed really mediocre this time and the prices seem to be going up at the same time. Don't know if I would go back.Special Features:
- 14-person group including 2 infantsmuffulettaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great service, great food - really did a nice job. Will be back! Service was perfectly paced and we had 10 adults, 2 kids, and 2 infants with us. Food was great! Only thing that was slightly bad was 7 of us were stuck against a wall in a corner, making it near impossible for the people to get out without moving all 7 people. But Saturday night at 6:45, we had a great time with 14 people! :-) Very pleasedSpecial Features:
- Great pre-theater mealYUMMMMMDined on 8/22/2014We ate at Buca di Beppo last Friday before a play at the Orpheum. Excellent service by Josh. He helped us decide how many entrees based on party size (and appetite) while not overselling. 3 of the guests were making their first visit to Buca and I'm certain they'll be back. It was my first chance to visit the Minneapolis location and the food and service were impeccable. A little noisier then the Scottsdale or Columbus locations I visit often, but it could have just been the groups around us.Special Features:
- Buca's for memoriesPaulBunaynDined on 8/19/2014On the advice of my son my wife and I had dinner for our 42 nd anniversary at Buca's. This was our first visit to this eatery - we found it to be magnificent. The atmosphere made for a very memorable meal. Service was friendly and impeccable. We had Cheese Manicotti and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken. Both were well prepared, presented well and delicious. We will not wait another 42 years to return to Buca's.Special Features:
- Delicious but finicky.Ptrand01Dined on 8/16/2014While the food was great it took about half an hour for them to validate their most publicized coupon.Special Features:
- Rehearsal dinnergoodeaterDined on 8/7/2014This was the best restaurant I could have picked for a wedding rehearsal/groom's dinner. Absolutely perfect!Special Features:
- Still overpricedFstlmnDined on 8/2/2014Haven't been here in a while, but not much has changed. Big portions of so so Italian food. The wait staff tries to upsell. No prices in the various menus for the wines and beer. Everything was sort of flavorless. The lasagna was dry and overcooked. We did get in and out faster than usual. Nice for a large group that can agree on severs dishes.Special Features:
- travelertravelersVIPDined on 7/24/2014Stuck in a corner. Waiter didn't know about a beer on the menu. Hardly saw him. Cook had to clear our plates! Gave wrong dessert & when I tried to tell him he insited that it was the one I ordered! I know I said the right one, I'd been looking forward to it ALL day! It wasn't the first time we ate at one of there restrurants either! Will NEVER eat at ANY of there restaurants again! Took them off my email list! Worst experience ever! Very disappointed!
- Consistent Farejhagen902Dined on 7/23/2014We don't visit Buca very often because the portions are simply too large and expensive for two people. First, you have to agree on a single entree because the small size of each one is too large for two people. And, the food is good, but not spectacular, so it's hard to justify the cost. With a larger group (we had five), it is a it more manageable, but agreeing on what to have becomes that much more difficult. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great serviceBethDined on 7/18/2014Ask for Julien to be your waiter. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a large groupsskmDined on 7/11/2014I recently hosted an event for a larger group (15 people) here. We really enjoyed the food, the wine, etc. Good service. I would eat here again.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Gathering DinnerErichMNDined on 7/5/2014Informal, food served family style which made it great for our birthday celebration, encouraging interaction among our small group members. Everyone liked everything and portions are generous. This Buca di Beppo (I think the original one) has a happy and close neighborhood and old world feel. We have been there only for dinners and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun SpotMPLSMikeDined on 7/2/2014We haven't been to Buca for a long time and were looking for a place for 7 of us to eat. Great time and food was excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Impossible not to have a good time at Buca's. All ages will enjoy the festive atmosphere.Special Features:
- It was just okAjfriendsDined on 6/19/2014Really didn't like the food. Bread was good. Service was good. Waitress could have told us how large the sizes truly were, we did tell her it was out first time there, ended up spending way too much with way too baby leftovers. But I will never go backSpecial Features:
- A nice family restaurantTucsonlightningDined on 6/2/2014This was a nice family style Italian restaurant. The food is served family style. It was average quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 393 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Minneapolis reviews archive.
- Great food and lots of itblanch64Dined on 5/24/2014Food was outstanding at this restaurant and we had enough left over for a whole lunch the next day. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Poor SercviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Had reservation for 5:15pm. Overbooked. Waited 40 minutes with senior citizens standing in the entrance. Very unprofessional. Good food, sadly an extremely unpleasant experience.
- Good foodBabycakeVIPDined on 5/16/2014We always go for the meat lasagna. It is always consistently well made with lots of flavor, it is so delish. I also love and enjoy their meatballs. Great place to go for well prepared italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed, Fun, and TastyBaJaDined on 5/11/2014We made a last minute reservation at Buca on Mother's Day and it worked out perfectly. The atmosphere is fun and easy, and the food was great. The service was attentive and accommodating. We were first seated next to a very loud table of about 15 people and before we even had a chance to ask to be moved out server initiated the move for us to a quieter spot. The chocolate cake was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Mother's DayGenevaDined on 5/10/2014My mom has been begging my dad and I to go to Buca with her for the past few years. We hadn't been there for at least 10 years. I knew that's where we would take her for mother's day. And it was great. She was ecstatic! The only downfall was that this was also Prom night for some and a group of about 70 high school students prevented us from getting seated at our reserved time. That said, we got to hang out in the bar and were treated really well by all the staff. We didn't mind waiting because of how nice everyone was. We will definitely be back, and before 10 years lapses again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had a group of 13 for a post Confirmation celebration. Family Style added to the experience because everyone was able to try the same dishes. The server was attentive though sometimes we were lacking a few plates here and there. The seating was crowded but maybe thats expected when there are so many people dining together. The food was very good - loved the antipasto salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DancersDanceMomDined on 5/3/2014We came to Bucca for dinner as a group of Moms with our young daughters after a nearby Dance Competition and were very impressed! Great staff, great food and everything came out at the perfect speed! We all had a blast! Perfect place to celebrate our victory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Was there for my birthday this past Friday! Ordered the chicken carbonara w green beans. Meal was delicious! And we even had leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great serviceDanomite80Dined on 4/20/2014Come hungry and you won't be disappointed. Went to Buca's for Easter Brunch because that was one of the only options for brunch in the cities. I am very glad we did though, service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Night!FirestarterDined on 4/12/2014Our night out at Buca was exactly what I had hoped it would be. The ambiance, the food and the service were perfect for a romantic night out with my beautiful wife. Thanks to all the staff for helping make this a super special night! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as usual but theDaveDined on 3/29/2014Good food as usual but the noise level was off the charts that night due to a large group that was seated next to us. I know it's tough as a restaurant to accommodate large groups but shoehorning a group of 12 into that small back room was not a good move. Other than that we had a good time. This downtown Buca location offers a lot of charm and the parking is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confirmation DinnerjackputzDined on 3/29/2014We chose Buca because my daughter who was celebration her Confirmation loves Italian food. This was a different but awesome experience for our whole family. I like it when my kids enjoy things out of the ordinary and they try things "out of the box". Great experience and great food. The wait staff was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed my daighter's 24thAnnelizDined on 3/29/2014We enjoyed my daighter's 24th birthday here. The food and service was excellent and we enjoyed the family style dining as you get to try a few different entrees. The price is reasonable. We will come backSpecial Features:
- Love itads21Dined on 3/29/2014I had been there once about 6 years ago or so. It was as good as I remember it. Would like to go back again to try different things. Large portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.