Buca di Beppo - Milwaukee
1233 North Van Buren Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (414) 224-8672
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Sal Fontanazza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Milwaukee
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Buca di Beppo - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)special occasion (41)kid-friendly (28)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (13)romantic (10)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Girls night outChristmasEveDinerDined on 11/22/2014Our food was amazing. Simple basic fantastic Italian. Had some picky eaters in my group and they loved it all too. One person never does calamari because it is always chewy. She tried it here and said that it is the best she has ever had. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't count on your reservation.DeanDined on 11/15/2014A rare date night included dinner reservations at Buca's before seeing The Lion King. We heard other patrons lamenting their 45 minute wait times BEYOND their reservations. 30 minutes beyond our own reservation, the hostess honestly said it would be awhile before we'd be seated. Our dinner ended up being soup and cheese sticks at a bar, because where else are you going to get in and out quickly without reservations on a Saturday night?!? Overall, it was disappointing and defeats the purpose of a reservation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We had a 6:30 reservation on a Saturday night. When we arrived we were told we would have a 30 minute wait for the table. After 30 minutes passed we were then told it would be another 15-30 minutes for our table. We decided to leave at 7:15 when we learned diners with earlier reservations still were waiting for tables. One group left after we waiting an hour for a reserved table then another hour for food which had still not come. Very poor service and very crowded. Obviously they do not honor reservations and overbook!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014The evening would have been perfect if we had not been seated next to an entrance to a side kitchen. The table across from us was very close and then we had wait-staff pushing by all evening. That was the ONLY thing that was negative about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmomsshoppingDined on 11/9/2014We were seated in the bar area at a table that faced a wall. We were the only ones in that area. After some time the bartender came to take our order. We ordered a salad and chicken marsala. The salad came out and shortly after that, our entree came out. I mentioned that it would have been nice if they had waited a while and got no response from the bartender. We ate our entree and then went back to the salad so that we didn't have to eat cold food. Although we were the only ones in the bar area, he did not come back to see if we needed anything else. After asking, we finally got our check. He dropped it and never came back to collect the money. We had to take it up to the bar. Very disappointing visit after always liking Buca's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Party TraditionHappyDinerDined on 11/8/2014There truly isn't a better place to celebrate with friends and family a birthday party. Buca's make the celebration special in that you are enjoying great Italian food, in a family style environment with an attentive wait staff. We always have the best time at Bucas.Special Features:
- Great variety!WolkodDined on 11/8/2014We've been going to Buca's for years, and we always walk away happy and stuffed! It was a real bonus when they added smaller sizes years ago. Ordering several different items and sharing lets you mix and match, enhancing the whole experience. This will always be one of our staples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucas has easy Italia foodNonamerDined on 11/1/2014This is a VERY family friendly restaurant. I'd recommend a later dinner time if screaming babies aren't your thing. Also, it was very warm, but that could have been all the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DFManDined on 11/1/2014This is a great place for Italian food especially for groups, family style dining. Walls have a lot of great pictures.I have ate there many times and definitely would return. Glad they have the garlic mashed potato's back. Service is always very good and the manager always asks how your experience was.Special Features:
- Always good, always funRockEmSockEmDined on 10/25/2014We went with our neighbors to celebrate our wives' birthdays and as always the food was delicious and the place was energetic and fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Daughter's 18 birthday and this was her restaurant choice. Age range of diners was from 18 to 91! All agreed the food was excellent and the server we had was delightful. "Grandpa" has remarked "what a nice time we had." That coming from a 91 year old WWII marine is a great compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I realize that craft beers are very popular, but was surprised that some local popular brands were not available, specifically Miller Brewing MGD, and Pabst.Special Features:
- Tasty Food, Not so great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Tasty food, for the price of the food, the atmosphere should have been a little more appealing - Roof was leaking water, and service was below standards.Special Features:
- Great family style Italian diningJillyDined on 10/11/2014We love to share our holidays, birthdays and special occasions with Bucca's! Great service, food, family atmosphere. Can't wait to go back for another celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leftoversLuekDined on 10/10/2014First of all. I came because you litter my inbox with a million coupons. But when I use them. It's in convienent because a manager has to approve them which takes FOREVER!!!! Plus after this visit. I was eating my leftovers the next day and found something hard in my food which appeared to be a rock? only reason I will be back is because I have to use up the rest of my gift card.Special Features:
- Lot of foodCoolsDined on 10/4/2014if order Pizza ask for sause add portion a very bigSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food as AlwaysitalianstallionDined on 9/28/2014Been here over the years quite a few times. This was the first visit, though, that a GM didn't come around asking if food was Okay. It was, as it always is, but it's still nice to see a manager floating around the restaurant talking to people. It makes people feel like family, as if we are just guests at a dinner house. Also noticed that some of the waitstaff should hide their emotions until after they leave the dining room completely. We sat next to the kitchen, so there was quite a number of times when I caught the waitstaff smile at their tables, but as soon as they turned around, their smiles turned into a look of annoyance. I've been there, as I worked in the restaurant service for many years, but still have to maintain appearance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not goVK1984Dined on 9/27/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times, each one with a reservation and each time I have been advised by the hostess/host that there will be a wait on my table due to a "lot of walk ins" The have inexperienced frazzled young people on the front desk with zero help from management, placing them in an impossible situation. Reserved tables should not be kept waiting due to "walk ins" I will NEVERE return to this restaurant and strongly advise you to avoid.
- The meal that pleases2BRegaledDined on 9/25/2014The eggplant Parmigiana was fried to perfection and covered in a flavorful sauce. We had plenty to take home and eat the next day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Great place for larger groups. The good was good. Our server was friendly but could have been more attentive, we waited a long time for water, to place our order and the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to Whitney!MrsGriffDined on 9/12/2014We arrived at Buca to celebrate my daughter's birthday, while there was a bit of a delay in being seated, it actually worked out because it allowed time for the rest of our group to arrive. Our waitress, Whitney, let us know up front that she was fairly new, and while it was obvious that she has a lot to learn about managing large groups, overall she did a very good job. It's not easy to accommodate large groups so kudos to her for handling our group all by herself! Of course, the food was phenomenal and so were the drinks. Buca is a favorite of ours and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BesttsbestdiningDined on 9/11/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant, the food was amazing. When me and my fiance left we were happy and full. I give this place two thumbs up. The atsmosphere is excellent and the waitstaff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. The portion sizes are amazing and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPattiDined on 9/6/2014I made my reservation on line which was very convenient. Our table was ready when we arrived. Our waitress "Megan" was very friendly and gave us great service. The food was fantastic and none of us walked away from the table hungry. A great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food, family friendly!SuzanneDined on 9/1/2014When family comes from out of town, we frequently choose Bucca's for dinner as we did on Labor Day. The food is always good and the family style servings perfect for our group who range in age from grandparents to toddlers. This was the first time we brought our grandson who was asleep in the car seat. They were able to comfortably accommodate him. The ambiance is always relaxed and fun.Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We always have a great time and the food is excellent many choices and the service is always excellent,Special Features:
- johnydinanelliDined on 8/27/2014The kindness and generoucity of our waitress made me cry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGardaDined on 8/14/2014I wish I could rate the service higher than 5 stars. We had a group of 15 for dinner (like we do every year). All from Ireland. We insist on taking them to Buca on the Thursday of Milwaukee irish Fest. Once again, the staff went above and beyond to make sure we all got served fast!Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere/Great Food!HungryBunchDined on 8/13/2014Portion sizes are huge and we went with a hungry group. We had the combo appetizer, stufffed mushrooms, garlic bread, bruschetta, salad, ravioli, stuffed shells, chicken and sausage ziti, and canoli. I think that's it... My personal favs were the brushetta which was so fresh and the ravioli which had an outstanding meat sauce. We also had some of the signature drinks which were very tasty and specialty coffees which finished the dinner off quite nicely. We are looking forward to the next time! We're hoping to leave enough room next time to try the brownie/ice cream dessert :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-style classicsNottooshabbyDined on 8/7/2014This place is pretty straight-forward - simple, classic Italian cuisine with a respectable wine list and a great atmosphere for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couple's weddingQueenbeeDined on 8/5/2014I thought that they could have had better choices with the food selection, parties seemed to be pleased servings were good. Waitress was pleasant . The only reason reason that I gave them (3) stars because I did not care for the texture of the food, the waitress did offer me something else, but I decline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014Service and food is always consistently great! Went for a 52 year old birthday and the food came out fast and hot. I love the birthday song they sing to make the birthday guest of honor feel special!Special Features:
- The following 505 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Milwaukee reviews archive.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The Mrs. and I eat at Buca's 3-4 times every year, either dining in or carrying out. We enjoy the food very much; it is universally well-prepared, flavorful and very satisfying. I cannot name one dish as a stand-out favorite as we have enjoyed everything we've tried so much it has become difficult to choose. The service is regularly satisfactory, with pleasant and engaging servers, but rarely outstanding. I think kitchen times and high restaurant volume can adversely impact service. The atmosphere of Buca's is rarely conducive to a quiet dinner, but a family-style experience is what to expect especially at peak times. Bring your appetite!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014We came because we had 50% off and enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Spectacular experiencepastaloverDined on 7/21/2014We visited Bucas to celebrate my birthday and had a great experience! The service was awesome! Our waitress was very friendly and attentive and she added a nice little bit of extra fun to our dining experience. The food was amazing as always and keeps us coming back for more! I enjoy the atmosphere that Bucas provides to diners and will always have it listed as one of my top restaurants to dine. Can't wait till my next visit!!Special Features:
- Food was very blandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I absolutly love italian cuisine, but found the food to be very very bland. Wasn't very pleased with the food, but the atmosphere and the group of friends I was with made up for the food.Special Features:
- very disappointingjohnydinanelliDined on 7/6/2014We ate at Buca on Sunday evening because we had what we thought was an awesome coupon. The food is served basically a la carte, which we didn't understand at the time, so we received two large meat entrees with no sides. The first entree was Salmon limone which was overcooked and served on a plate of burnt oil. The second entree was Bruschetta stuffed chicken, which was dry and overcooked. The atmosphere was nice, the waitress was friendly. Previously we ate lunch there and enjoyed it. We may or may not return for lunch at a future date.Special Features:
- OkaySnookieDined on 6/28/2014The service was okay. I felt she was rushing us to get out of there. She made us aware it was the end of her shift and kept pushing us to leave. The lasagna was horrible! It was overdone! The Moscato wine was fantastic! The best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchbostonvisitorDined on 6/24/2014A friend and I got together for a late birthday lunch. Our server was wonderful and attentive, but unfortunately I would say my food was average, not great, but not bad. I had the chicken cannelloni and it had a fine taste, but finding any chicken in the filling was a challenge. The sauce had an excellent flavor, but was almost overwhelmed by the amount of melted cheese on top. This is why I gave the food just 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Group RestaurantCkressinVIPDined on 6/21/2014So what if it's a chain, it's still delicious and the best place to get an easy reservation that caters to larger groups. We had a last minute decision to go out to dinner and the group quickly grew from 4 to 8. Buca's had availability. Our server was great and there was plenty of food. Best part - dinner, drinks, dessert and tip came out to under $40 a per person (we were there for 3+ hours, drinks flowed...).Special Features:
- Ask for Sam!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Had a great experience! Our server Sam was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.