Buca di Beppo - Mesa
1730 South Val Vista Drive
Mesa, AZ 85204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Mesa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (480) 507-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Stephan Murst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: We’re open at 11am on Thanksgiving. Make your reservation today!
Join the Buca di Beppo eClub to receive special offers and discounts delivered straight to your inbox. Visit bucadibeppo.com/eclub/ and get a free Buca Small pasta just for signing up!
We look forward to seeing you! Please remember we seat complete parties only, so bring your whole group together. We allow a 15-minute grace period on your reservation. If you will arrive late, please give us a call.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Mesa
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Mesa - Best Restaurants in Mesa ›
Buca di Beppo - Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (31)special occasion (26)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Birthday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The only issue, we had was that we had ask for 16 / plus two high chairs and when we arrived there were 13 / plus two high chairs so trying to squeeze the extra seating made the table seating very tight. Dinner great, the staff excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food is great but service is always an opportunity at this location. Slow and forgetful.
- excellent service, food, and atmosphere!Arbertrand12Dined on 11/21/2014I went on 11/21 for my 18th birthday, it was an amazing night. I ordered 3 large portions of pasta and my guests split from that includING a Cesar salad, each couple only paid 40$. I'll most likely go back for my 19th :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!lovetodineoutDined on 11/8/2014A coworker recommended this little gem to me when I mentioned I was going to Phoenix for the weekend tof celebrate my sister's birthday. I quickly and easily located the nearest location to her and made a reservation online. We arrived 15 min. early but they quickly sat our party of 10. The waitress was great and the food was amazing! We ordered three dishes, 2 large portions and 1 small portion, and one kid's meal and some drinks. I found a $10 off coupon on my phone which they let me use and that helped take a little off the bill. The total bill was $130 ish but split between a party of 10 and for the amount of food we got and ate, it was worth it! My only complaint is that they wouldn't give my sister a free dessert and they didn't sing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere & delicious food!jennifervDined on 11/7/2014The food is always amazing and the atmosphere of course is wonderful. We had a birthday we were celebrating and they really made our birthday girl feel special! Not to mention the desserts were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food is very good and the portions are huge and made to share. The only difficult part about that is if you have that one person who always likes something different than the group. The service was a little slow but it didn't appear to be the fault of our waiter. It appeared as if they may have been under staffed or had an unusual amount of very large tables.Special Features:
- Consistently good!d2rdadDined on 10/31/2014Great food, great ambiance, family friendly, don't forget to ask for the kitchen table.Special Features:
- out of vealpm0904Dined on 10/30/2014Went for my birthday with friends. Spent all week waiting to go have veal. 5.30 reservation and out of veal. How does a fine Italian restaurant have no veal at 530. Was a fan but now We will be going to Baci
- goodplace2goDined on 10/26/2014Everyone had a good time and enjoyed the food and beverages. (Of course. we had a really good group!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmuprofDined on 10/25/2014LOTS of food - large sizes are very LARGE. Very good service. Quite noisy and busy - lots of people with the relatively high noise level. A great place for those wanting large portions to share at fairly reasonable prices.Special Features:
- AnniversaryanniversaryDined on 10/22/2014As always this is a great place to eat we only get to eat here when we come down from WY for the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Addicted to bucaMichelle7Dined on 10/10/2014We are from the east coast and all of them closed near where we lived . We were so excited to to see they had them in our new area in Arizona we went there for our 19th anniversary the other night. Always great food and great service! Our boys loved getting the glasses that light up too:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food... great servicehappymothersdinnerDined on 9/14/2014Nice job Darlene... great service with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very glad I chose Buca!happyandfullDined on 9/10/2014I made this reservation for myself and my immediate family to celebrate my 30th birthday. Our waiter was very friendly and very helpful. The food was delicious and the room we got was awesome - The Pope Room! my family thought I reserved it but I guess we just got lucky. It was intimate even with 10 people and two kids. We rarely go to Buca, mostly because of the amount of food given, but when we do it's for special occasions and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Was OkaySombreroDined on 9/6/2014Everything was okay. Nothing was really great. I will eat there again. The biggest drawback to this place is that it is difficult for each diner to just order their own meal, seperate from the others!Special Features:
- Just decided to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Went to restaurant, was really impressed by the service especially our waiter. Courteous knowledgeable and made my kids part of the conversation. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen tableEluqVIPDined on 8/31/2014The kitchen table for kids is the bomb. I loved it. Good food. Humongous servings and good taste. Spaghetti with meatballs and penne with added shrimp, really good. Rosemary side potatoes could be skipped. Colossal brownie Sunday, well, colossal and delish. CheersSpecial Features:
- Family sized deliciousDeliciousnessDined on 8/22/2014All of the dishes are HUGE! Which is perfect for our family! We always try new places every Friday night for dinner and this was the perfect choice! We all shared different things and it was DELICIOUS! I would not recommend it for just one person as the portions are for more than one person!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, very friendly. ..would definitely go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Not So Great ServicesummertimeDined on 8/15/2014I came here for my wedding dinner with a reservation.When I got there they placed us in a small room and did not have enough chairs for everyone so we had to move and wait to be seated again.It took a while for food and drink to come out we had one server with no one else helping her we were a table of 20. The server was nice but when she took our payment she charged everyones card twice resulting in all my out of state relatives alot of inconvience . The rest of my wedding weekend we had to replan because of the overcharge to everyones account . The waitress promised that the transaction did not go through twice which it did very disapointed this hindered my wedding weekend and we didnt even get to talk to a manager so unprofesional .Special Features:
- Gabe, was a great waiter!FarmdalecircleDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed celebrating my Birthday and my Son in Laws promotion. Great Family place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 344 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Mesa reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surprisedWayneDined on 7/18/2014We hadn't been there in a long time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Lunch ExperienceMmmmmmfoodDined on 7/13/2014We chose this as a last minute lunch option for our sunday afternoon family lunch. They gladly accepted our last minute reservation for 7 and seated us right away upon arrival. Everyone that we crossed paths with greeted us going in and coming out. Service at the table was prompt and thorough and everyone was satisfied with the very generous portions. Not the first time here and definitely won't be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.KshabDined on 7/12/2014First and last time at this establishment. Ordered muscles for appetizer and when only half the shells were open, they had to bring a new batch. Veal parm was tough and flavorless. The server warned us that the veal was not good but since that's why we went there we decided to try it anyway. He was right. Overall the food was etible but not worth going there again. Not worth the money at all.
- Dinner with family from NYBoot143Dined on 7/11/2014Outstanding meal and service - couldn't ask for any better. We have not been in a while and this was better than we remember it. We will return and will recommend Buca to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in sometime.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014What can I say. I took my girl here and this was my first time dining here. Waiter was very knowledgable and helped us review the extensive menu. Can't say enough. Best time in years. Don't miss this place. Perfect for that special personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetDined on 6/22/2014Had a late Dad's Day celebration with party of 4. Were seated in the bar area. Music was very loud, but waiter was kind enough to lower to volume so we could hear each other. As usual, our food was delicious. The waiter was fantastic. The owner?/greeter was nice enough to take some pictures of us before we left with our camera & also an iPhone. Had food left over for lunch next day. Do feel the dinners get pretty pricey if you want bread, salad, etc., which are all extra charges. Really think bread, at least, should be included with dinner.Special Features:
- Needs Improvement!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014When we were seated it was in a room with 2 large groups that had young children that were very loud. I could not carry a conversation with my husband with out kids yelling. Then there were 2 birthday in that small room that made it even louder. We had 2 servers come to our table because they were unsure who's table it was. Then we were served our food with out any silverware. We had to flag someone down so we could eat. Then our waitress blamed someone else as to why we did not have any silverware. Overall the food was good but service and location our where we sat could have been better. This is my husbands favorite place to eat so we will be back. Like I said above its good for groups not for couples!!! I would work on that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodEatouthealthyDined on 6/15/2014The rest of my party liked the food. I didn't enjoy the apple salad though. I thought the salad would be crisp. Some of it was crisp but a good portion was wilted. I ate very little of it at the restaurant and threw the rest away when I got home. It was tasteless and really threw my money away on that selection. We rarely eat here because there isn't a good selection of low carb entrees. But thought my husband would enjoy the pasta for Father's Day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014I had wished the wait staff read my request for table placementSpecial Features:
- the wrostbad123Dined on 6/13/2014The wrost expirience ever, the food had no seasoning was really blend. We were a group of 8. 2 orders did not come forever people had to wait a long time for the food. I asked for a kid spoon, took forever to get it and still the spoon was huge. HORRIBLE!
- better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/27/2014a very hospitable staff; kitchen execution was great; our server was really awesome!Special Features:
- Graduation celebrationGreatfamilytimesDined on 5/24/2014This was an extremely easy reservation to make, the atmosphere, service and food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Had a small gathering for a co worker, the waiter disappeared a few times, took awhile to get what we need...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Mother's DayDillOnTheFlyDined on 5/11/2014I made this late reservation for 4 people, while on the plane flying from Houston, TX to Phoenix, AZ. It was so easy to use opentable.com for the first time. We had a great time at Buca. The food was great and as always we left with take-out boxes. We ordered a Large Calamari, Small Garlic Bread, Large Spaghetti and Meatballs, Large Chicken Parmigiana, and a Large Margherita Pizza. It was all fantastic. My only complaint would be that we had to sit at a table, in what seemed like the smallest room and only room being used at the time so it felt a little crowded. At the same time, what more could you expect for an 8:15pm dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mother-in-law as a surprise and she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a mom happyhappymothersdinnerDined on 5/11/2014George does a fantastic job managing this restaurant and our server Donnie was great and made sure mom had a wonderful dining experience and the kids were happy too. He was also very helpful with serving my daughter a gluten free option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My review Mother's DaygaryDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service and a wonderful dining experience--good food (as before) and a nice choice of salads and deserts--enjoyed the Chicken dish and the green beans particularly!Special Features:
- Great spot for the familyFun2eatDined on 5/11/2014I love going to buca for group or family get togethers.Special Features:
- CelebrationAngelDined on 5/11/2014Took our mother to Buca's for Mother's Day and had 15 in our party. Our server, Megan, was wonderful and she was given help by other servers to be sure our table had everything we needed. My mother really enjoyed her day out with her children and grandchildren. I recommend Buca's for any special occasion or just a dinner with the family.Special Features: