Buca di Beppo - Maple Grove
12650 Elm Creek Boulevard
Maple Grove, MN 55369Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Maple Grove
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 7634943466x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Carlos Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Maple Grove
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Maple Grove - Best Restaurants in Maple Grove ›
Buca di Beppo - Maple Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (59)special occasion (45)kid-friendly (35)great for lunch (15)romantic (14)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- our server ignored us, so we leftOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014It was our wedding anniversary and were looking forward to a great dinner at buca. We were seated and given water, but then no one talked to us for 12 minutes. Not willing to ruin our special night, we left. The manager understood and was compassionate, but we didn't want to be there any longer. I will dine there again, but was disappointed.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had great service and excellent food. Buca is a fantastic, fun place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the groupRonGDined on 9/19/2014We were seated right away. The servers were very friendly and happy to help us with our questions. Food was good and hot and came out quickly. Our group had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014I understand Saturday nights can be busy, maybe more wait staff is needed? Every time we asked our server for something, she would say be right back but wouldn't come back from 15 minutes at a time but yet still be constantly walking by us, maybe she forgot or maybe not enough staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We used a great coupon on our visit and got great value: a basket of crusty garlic bread, a huge bowl of tangy Caesar salad and a platter of delicious baked ziti. And the mammoth fudge and ice cream sundae for desert (not included in the coupon). Topped with a good Italian wine and we were well sates. My first visit and I would definitely go back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Style FoodLucyDined on 8/27/2014Buca's is a great place for your family or group. Served family style so that you can order many dishes and share between everyone. Excellent and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday party dinningjazzyprtyDined on 8/20/2014I booked a table at the maple grove buccas and all in all it was a very good experience the food was wonderful, the place felt welcoming, but the only thing I think could improve is the service. It took us quite a while to get helped from the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappoint!BP2006Dined on 8/15/2014Great service, great food, good times! Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightEbatDined on 8/2/2014The service at buca was fantastic. Our waitress was very friendly and prompt. We ordered an entree without peas and recieved an entree with peas. Our waitress handled it like a boss. We had a basket of complementary bread in about a minute and the correct meal in probably another 4. She handled it so well we didnt feel inconvenienced a bit. The good food and great service made for terrific dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday groupbrownleeDined on 8/2/2014Everything was good except how we were seated. Nine of us in a straight row was impossible to visit. I was disappointed that we were not seated in a round or square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Dining Experience!DiningForPleasureDined on 8/1/2014This was our first visit to Buca and we had a group of nine--six adults and three children. With an online reservation, we were seated immediately and received personal service promptly. Our server was fantastic!! He made great recommendations, based upon our feedback, and added much flavor to our dining experience with humor and his friendly personality. The children were entertained by the environment and loved the pasta. Overall, we were all very pleased and look forward to going back! Thank you!!Special Features:
- familyfoodfamilyfunDined on 7/31/2014Buca is a great place to go with family, and with family friends. As parents, we were able to enjoy a night out with friends, with our kids in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time Was A Charm...MelissaLOVEINITDined on 7/31/2014Melissa was the GREATEST ever ONE more time.... She was my server my last 2 visits to this location & service & the food was the BOMB once AGAIN!!! Thank You So Much Melissa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We enjoy Buca, it has a great atmosphere and good food. We have experienced various locations to sit and have dinner. We really liked the tables by the bar area located close to the front doors, however when a group of 8 came in to wait for a table it was too loud for a conversation at our table.Special Features:
- CertifiedhumaneDined on 7/26/2014I will not return until you remove veal from the menu. The inhumane treatment of these animals will not stop until the demand evaporates
- Fun and deliciousGroom4adayDined on 7/25/2014We chose this for a pre-wedding gathering. Everyone had fun and enjoyed the food immensely. We got to eat in the pope room which added to the experience. What else can I say, great food, service and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- `Date Night'buttons13Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went there for our weekly Date Night. We tried the combination plate..it was very good. We were too full for desert but opted to take some home instead. Chocolate cake and Tiramasu.....WONDERFUL!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OKpdubDined on 7/25/2014There were 4 of us and the price was $140 without dessert, yikes
- Crowded tableKGMFoodDined on 7/18/2014We had reservation for eight but still was crowded into a both and a moved two person table. Eating family style, it was not comfortable. Food & service was acceptable. Should have gotten a better table since group was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- framilyDined on 7/18/2014We came from all directions to one wonderful location for a family feast. A good time was had by all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurry up and eat!Hurry123Dined on 7/18/2014The food overall was good (it could have been served warmer) and the portions were very big. My daughter chose to celebrate her golden birthday at Buca with her family and grandparents. It was nice how they sang happy birthday to her. Our only complaint was that our server really made us feel rushed to get out of there. She was great up until she gave us our check. My mother was still eating and the server started taking our " leftovers" off the table and boxed them up. We had to stop her from taking the rest of the food off our table, because my Mother had not finished eating some of the other pasta dishes. It was very strange how she was hurrying us to get done because there wasn't even many poeple waiting to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014There was nobody there on a wednesday night. Great food. thanks.
- My Experience at BucaUnknownDined on 6/20/2014We had a reservation at Buca. They were ready for us right when we got there. The waitress came by our table often to check on us. The kids meals have generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a celebrationFlakeDined on 6/17/2014Great food. Great service. Our server Joshua made our daughter's birthday memorable. We live far away bur will make the trip for.special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointedthoughts4tidbitsDined on 6/15/2014We went to Buca to celebrate our daughter and grandson's birthdays in addition to Father's Day. We've all been to this Buca before and this was the restaurant that everyone wanted to go to. Our service in the past has been great and the food has been wonderful. Unfortunately on this visit, the service was less than good and while other parties celebrating birthdays around us had the wait staff come out and do a special birthday 'song' - my grandson was disappointed that they didn't do anything for him. At least the food was up to the usual - it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Family Style DinnerTALODined on 6/15/2014We love Buca and it was the perfect place for last-minute reservations when our original plans got rained out. It is a fun, casual atmosphere with great wait staff and plenty to see (although some of it is PG-13). We ordered our go-to favorite: eggplant parmigiana (which was as delicious as ever) and decided to try something new -- the chicken & sausage ziti. The ziti was rather bland though it did have good sized pieces of chicken and sausage...won't order that again. We will be back...it's a great buy for a family of 4 (just watch out for the soft drinks, they add up!) We also love Buca for a quick take out item for potlucks -- easy, tasty, and fast!Special Features:
- Not a happy visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We came in with a party of 15. A tray full of beverages was spilled at the end of our table and one of the kids was soaked. One of the main entrees didn't come out with the rest of the food. A plate was taken without permission that one of the kids was using and it still had food on it; needless to say the child was upset after discovering the plate of food was gone. When packing up leftovers, 2 of the kids meals were combined into one 'to go' tray; why wouldn't you put them in seperate trays if they are meals from 2 different people? We have been to Buca's before and have never had any issues.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014It was my wife and I's first time here. We were looking forward to this as I learned a few years back I was Italian, and that made since as I love the food. As for our visit I was a little disappointed with the lack of flavor of the food.Special Features:
- Excellent!aaaccralDined on 6/7/2014We had great service and the food is always fantastic. there is so much food you get though, that its definitely worth to bring friends, or to take a bunch home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to our bachelor partyhungrylikethewolfDined on 6/7/2014With a reservation we only waited about 3 minutes to be seated, and there's more than enough decorations and pictures to keep you occupied that long. We ordered two large Buca's, and all seven (big) guys were well satisfied with the rate and quantity.We all wanted the server to bring more bread, but the rest of his service was very good. I will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, but can be louddinewmrDined on 5/31/2014The tables are close together. Depending on who sits near you, it can be a challenge to communicate. We had one large table near us that was extremely loud. Most of the time, we were unable to hear the people at our own table. The food is decent, but nothing amazing. The service was ok, but slow.Special Features:
- Great for large groupsCJ323Dined on 5/29/2014Brought a party of 13 to this restaurant, and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very helpful in selecting quantities to order for the table. Would definitely return with a large group or for a date night.Special Features:
- The following 511 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Maple Grove reviews archive.
- DisappointingBenNDined on 5/23/2014Noise level was very high , service was mediocre at best. Food was not hot. Broccoli was so cold, we had to send back. Lasagna was very plain with way too much ricotta cheese in it. Poor imitation of a Italian restaurant, having dined in Italy a few times, this is nothing close.
- Great Birthday Party!BucafanDined on 5/23/2014My daughter wanted to celebrate her 9th birthday party at Buca's, so the 7 of us drove down from St. Cloud. The staff was extremely accomodating for our seating request and we found the service to be outstanding. For dessert we ordered the colossal brownie sundae and the girls loved it. The staff sang a vibrant happy birthday song and made my daughter feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Bucamlf8376Dined on 5/17/2014We brought my husband here for his birthday, although, no one at Buca knew this. He wanted to keep it quiet. Anyway, we had a great time and the food is outstanding. The large portions make for sharing and taste testing which is great. Sometimes you'd order something only to find out that you didn't care for it much, but this was great they way Buca did it. Lots of passing bowls and plates so everyone could choose. Thank you very much for a great time, we definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Sad but TrueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was my first poor experience at Buca, ever. Food was fantastic, but the service sucked. Appetizers came & we had no plates, silverware, or napkins. It took at least 10 minutes between the time the waiter said he'd be right back with those items and the time he actually showed up. We were in need of another round of drinks and my brother in law ended up having to go to the bar & order them himself. Dinner comes & guess what? Yep, no plates, silverware or napkins. Again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day successSotnosDined on 5/11/2014I brought my mother and bride to be to Bucca's for Mother's Day. It was my mom's first visit. Based upon the food and service, it definitely will not be her last! An absolutely wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Our family enjoyed the food and the family style dining. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. It was a bit noisy, but should be expected with large groups.Special Features:
- Disappointed.sixlarsonsDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Buca many times in the past and always loved it. My wife decided that was where she wanted to go for mothers day. We invited my parents and brought my kids, too. They first seated the 7 of us in booth meant for six people. They then moved us to a table that was much better. We ordered appetizers and they came out 20 minutes apart. We ordered our family style entrees and two of them came out pretty quickly, but were lukewarm at best. The third entree came out 15 minutes later, at least it was hot. When we decided we were ready to get our tabs and leave our waitress disappeared for at least 20 minutes. We feel for the $200 we spent we didn't get our moneys worth. At least all of the employees were friendly.Special Features:
- ok experiencehungryDined on 5/11/2014The experience could have been better if we had a better waitress. waitress seemed annoyed by having to refill your drinks and when we handed her a cell phone and asked politely if she could take a family picture of us on Mother's Day. we were also squished in a corner table with a huge party next to us and they were practically in our laps everytime we tried to ask the waitress something they would distract her and we would never get to the point. Unlikely to return to buca.Special Features: