Buca di Beppo - Louisville
2051 South Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40220Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5024932426x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Leo Kolowitz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Louisville
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)special occasion (56)kid-friendly (31)fit for foodies (19)romantic (14)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food fun atmosphereLynzDined on 8/29/2014This is a good restaurant when you are going out with friends. Make sure you aren't on the verge of a headache though because it is so loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great place to take family, friends, etc. for a nice night of good food and great service. Love the overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I celebrated my college graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014it was great we had 40 people and we were placed with one server he was great but we could tell he was getting overwhelmedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been Many Times...Great PlaceCheleBelle2Dined on 8/17/2014Went and enjoyed myself for my 44th birthday celebration. I got a chance to sit at the Pope's Table. As fun as can be had in such a public place.Special Features:
- Yum!!!!!food great-service ehhhhh😕OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Salads are awesome..pastas superb!loud atmosphere.waiter not so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hoped for.Kfar998Dined on 8/16/2014We reserved a group party table and were told upon arrival that we would need to be split up. When we walked in there was another party in an argument over the same issue. The person bring honored wasn't even at our table. The service was horribly slow, and waited nearly 45 min -hr for our orders to be taken. Three different people had problems with their order, receiving the wrong item or not getting it for 20 minutes after everyone else. The place was so loud it was impossible to celebrate between two tables. The food was good (when it was correct and finally arrived) but the service, atmosphere, messing up of accomodations and overall poor experience was a huge let down
- Packed in like sardinesfancie64Dined on 8/16/2014We had reservations for 8, ended up with only 6 adults, 1 child. One adult was actually sitting in the aisle, barely had access to the table. It was really too crowded to be an enjoyable 70th birthday for my husband.Special Features:
- Two grown womenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We took two daughters for their birthdays. Neither one had ever been to Buca di Beppo before this. One will be taking her husband back this week, We knew they would be excited about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian Place!JaclynDined on 8/6/2014I absolutely love this place! The service is great, the food is delicious. I always look forward to and enjoy going here. The collosal Sunday is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Our server was wonderful with handling our large group. All orders correct and drinks refilled, checks separated, and he was very patient. Made it a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out2eatnlvilleDined on 7/28/2014I took some friends for a birthday. I was pleased with the food but disappointed with the birthday celebration. A candle was brought but no one sang and not even a dessert was offered. Everyone loved the atmosphere and the staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy with so-so foodMaryLou1023Dined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere was great and we loved our cozy table but the spaghetti and meatballs was mediocre at best; very bland and disappointing.Special Features:
- Really enjoyableJackDined on 6/21/2014First time there at Buca, live in neighborhood, thought it was time, to try, wonderful dinner for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaybeagainDined on 6/21/2014Overall experience was good. Food portions were great. The drink menu was very confusing on the take home glasses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Our waitress was very weird. We had to ask for straws and bread, she didn't automaticly bring them to us. She brought out the wrong salad and instead of asking if it was ok, she said that it was fine and we could just have that salad. She kept trying to clean off our table when we weren't done. She also poured tea in my water. Over all it was a very strange dinner. Also they have raised their prices so we won't be going back any time soon.Special Features:
- Fun Family DinnerEllieDinesDined on 6/15/2014We recently arrived about 45 min early early for our dinner reservation for a large family group on a Fathers Day. After a little initial confusion, we were seated quickly. The service was efficient and friendly. The food was very good. Several family members had never been to Buca, so the family-style dining was a bit new for them. In the future, I'll try to set the group menu before arriving and give it directly to the maître d or server. That will prevent them from passing out menus, followed by a lengthy decision-making process at the table. Overall, it was another fun outing, which I've come to expect at Buca. I can recommend them with confidence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!lovegrub34Dined on 6/14/2014Our recent trip to Buca was so amazing! The food was terrific (as usual), and our service was outstanding. This was our first time having their pizza, and it did not disappoint. We had 1/2 peperoni and 1/2 Supremo Italiano. Both were delicious. Russ was one of the best servers we've ever seen. He was great with the kids and made sure we always had what we needed, yet was not overbearing. We usually get the Chicken Carbonara (which is to die for!), but can't wait to go back and try the Penne San Remo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeObie1Dined on 6/5/2014We love their stuffed chicken :) Her birthday for year 12 was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great place, a little priceyKatster27Dined on 5/26/2014Had a great evening! Service was great, a little slow, but great. Was a little pricey though. Couldnt go there often, but worth the special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendly ItalianMauraLDined on 5/23/2014Our server was very friendly & attentive. The staff went the extra mile & sang Happy Birthday to my mom. Great food & atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCarnCriticDined on 5/17/2014BUCA is a shinning example of good food at a great price. A friend and myself found ourselves wanting something different so we decided on BUCA. My first impression upon arrival was a bit rushed as the host didn't ask for a reservation but only acknowledged the waiter to show us to our table. This could use a few improvements. Once seated we were great ed by a wonderful waitress who tended to our every question and need. We were also checked on several times by the managers. Our food arrived promptly and was simply outstanding. I would highly recommend BUCA for all types of crowds. The atmosphere accompanied by the service once you arrive at your seat is simply fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great for big families or large groups. Restaurant is very unique and fun. The food was awesome and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodohkyDined on 5/11/2014The food was good. Service was good. The meal was more expensive than it needed to be. The pictures on the wall may be a bit much for younger kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day CelebrationWeddngnightforLandKDined on 5/11/2014We spent Mother's Day with my wife, our kids, our daughter's boy friend and his parent, and we could not have asked for a better time. The food was great and plentiful, and for that much food serving that many people, was reasonable price wise. . Our server (Russ) not only did a great job, but his personality is the the type that makes you want to come back and ask to be seated at his table. If you want an Italian food experience for a family (or group), I highly recommend Buca di Beppo!Special Features:
- Rescued our Mother's Day CelebratioDeanieDined on 5/11/2014The welcoming young man at the host stand rescued our Mother's Day and birthday celebration last Sunday, May 11. We were wedging and our meal together as a family between two soccer games. We couldn't pin down a specific time for our reservation but decided to try Bucca anyway. They worked hard to work us in and serve us so that we could finish in time for that very important second soccer game of the day! Boy were we pleased with their service and the delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAD A GREAT TIMEQUIETDined on 5/11/2014MY FAMILY AND I ENJOYED OUR VISIT AND OUR WAITER WAS GREAT, THANK YOU FOR A GOOD TIME AND GREAT FOOD.Special Features:
- reasonably pricedSandiDined on 5/11/2014good food selection that could please all at the table. plenty of food and very reasonable priced. interesting wall art. noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Communion Family Celebrationmimito4pidgiesDined on 5/10/2014Our reservation was for Mother's Day weekend so we knew there would be a crowd. The servers were definitely prepared! Buca di Beppo does an awesome job at preparing the food and serving it in a timely manner. My advice would always be, if you know in advance that it will be a "big restaurant weekend" make reservations well in advance!Special Features:
- As always, Very Good!rladkfmaDined on 5/10/2014As always, the food was good, the server was great, and the staff was professional!! Always get the same thing: linguine frutti di mare, margherita pizza and Spicy Chicken Rigatoni. OH AND, never expected this, but their coffee is to die for!!!!!!!Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Girl FriendlymaggieDined on 5/9/2014A wonderful way to share a meal with a girl friend. We volunteer once a week, and having lunch at Buca di Beppo gave us an opportunity to talk and have a wonderful meal. Our booth was perfect. The time of day was excellent and we were not rushed, thus we fully enjoyed the meal and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 394 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Louisville reviews archive.
- Great!osundialDined on 5/3/2014We love this restaurant for entertaiing customers. Great atmosphere, food and service ... all at an affordable price. Our custeomers always comment on the fun experience they had at Bucca. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good for GroupsrladkfmaDined on 5/3/2014Our server was really nice and would have been even better if she put a little more smile on her face. Food is normally really good. Our Alfredo Supremo was a bit dry and our Margherita Pizza really didn't have much mozzarella cheese on it. Normally, we take big groups. Its a very good and fit restaurant for group/ family dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great Experience65MustangDined on 4/26/2014I NEVER leave reviews for anything, but this restaurant was great. I went for my senior prom and the food, service, and overall experience was great. I definitely recommend for couple or group outings!Special Features:
- Small tables!MikeDined on 4/26/2014As always the food and service was excellent.The only complaint. I made reservation, they gave me a very small table.Special Features:
- Big groups a mustOnlyPlayingDined on 4/25/2014Went with friends to celebrate someones birthday. You definitely need to go with a group of people, due to the family style dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter at Buca di BeppoLisaDined on 4/20/2014My extended family celebrated Easter with dinner at Buca di Beppo. Very attentive and wonderful service. Our table was ready when we arrived and our drink order immediately taken. Plenty of bread was soon brought to our table as we looked over the menu. The portions for the small size really can feed 3 people. We ordered way too much food and everyone left with to go boxes. The salmon Sorrento was excellent as was the chicken parm. We started with cesaer salad which again, a small can feed 3 people. No room for dessert. Great place for large groups!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Had a great time with my wife and kids celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary. The food was fantastic as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014We always love Buca di Beppo. However the restaurant was understaffed with servers and we waited much longer than usual for our food to come to the table. There were numerous empty tables and when we left we noticed a large crowd of people waiting to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Day lunch a successhungrydinerDined on 4/20/2014Our family gathered at Buca di Beppo in Louisville on Easter Day at the height of the lunch hour (12:15 PM). We had fortunately made a reservation and were promptly seated. The restaurant was very busy and service was a little slow on individual things, like getting bread to the table and asking for extra crayons (2 kids and only 1 box of crayons) but all in all it was understandable, considering the crowd. The food was very good; had one of their salads, veal saltimbocca, stuffed chicken and "spicy" rigatoni that was good but not at all spicy. We had a 7 and 8 year old with us and it worked well for them - the noise level is a bit high but this is a plus if you have kids along.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Love going to buca for big family gatherings. Our biggest struggle is everyone deciding on which dishes to choose. My only concern when we go is it's expensive. So not somewhere we go a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.