Buca di Beppo - Louisville
2051 South Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40220Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (502) 493-2426
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Leo Kolowitz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Louisville
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (59)special occasion (50)kid-friendly (37)fit for foodies (23)romantic (14)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not much of a celebrationunhappywifeDined on 11/21/2014I reserved a table for 2 to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and mentioned that in my reservation request. We were seated in the bar area with two big tables that had about 7 small children. Most of the staff was so busy watching the Kentucky basketball game that they couldn't even get a drink refill. The bar area was not appropriate and being surrounded by screaming children was not what I had in mind for him.
- Great Italian food!TuckdiningDined on 11/12/2014Our dinner here was terrific as usual. Our waiter was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A chain is a chainRipleyrulesDined on 11/2/2014Pizza was made in a cracker crust. Even my 5 and 8 year old boys thought it was bad. Lasagna was satisfying but salty. Green beans were fresh and cooked right. The menu options have - like almost all chain Italian restaurants - an over abundance of pasta dishes with chicken or sun-dried tomatoes. It is so unnecessary and unauthentic to cook Italian food with those two ingredients. I wish one big box restaurant would try something truly Italian.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Family PlaceZanettiDined on 11/2/2014We love Buca because its just like being at momma's house around the kitchen table with wonderful Italian dishes. Everybody wants to be italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodthediningMCDined on 11/1/2014the food was great. The service was excellent. I would definitely go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited forever.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We had reservations and were seated right away. However, once the drinks came, the food was late. Part of our large group of 14 got their pizza, but the others waited another 30 minutes for entrees. Bad service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall average experiencetastycakes23Dined on 10/26/2014Nothing bad to report about Buca di Beppo, but my experience wasn't above and beyond your average restaurant visit. If I went again though, it would definitely be with a group. Our family of 3 went, and I felt that we would have just been better off going to Olive Garden. The food is served family style, but because it was just the 3 of us, we ordered 2 dishes to share. With a larger group, more people could order different foods and you could sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- Birthday funeat4funDined on 10/25/2014We went to Bucca Di Beppo for my daughters birthday. It was a lot of fun. Love the birthday song. We had a large salad that was very fresh and good. We tried a couple different small pastas they were good, but my favorite thing was the sausages with peppers, they are wonderful. For a really fun group party this is a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's BirthdayRosesmomsbirthdayDined on 10/25/2014Went here for Moms 71st birthday. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Food was excellent and served in a timely manner and very large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of a busy WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/201413 of us dined at Buca in Louisville after a tradeshow. Great venue, our waiter was great and the food was delicious. We will definitely make this an annual tradition as long as we're attending the Hardscape Show at the Kentucky Expo CenterSpecial Features:
- Good experienceMattbDined on 10/24/2014Even after a snafu with giving our reserved table to someone else. They were able to promptly seat is at a different table. Food was great and service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Always a pleasant crew working at this location. They are very accommodating to group and flexible. The food selection is wonderful and we've never had a bad dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions and good!GreatVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great place for large parties or just a couple of friends with similiar food preferences. Food was great, service was good, and we had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another sucessful birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Thank you again for providing my family with a memorable birthday dining experience. The staff was great and the food excellent. We will see you again in the near future!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner with a couponOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I went to Buca because I had signed up and received a coupon for my birthday. The coupon was $20.00 off two entrees. As anyone who has ever visited.... That's a lot of food. We ordered one entree to go and my husband and I shared the other. Three helpings later we still took home enough rigatoni for us to eat a full meal of. I sent a drink back because of a weird taste... But overall we had a great time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Nice service Too noisy Tables too small/ very crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family style ItalianRoelDined on 10/5/2014If you feel like family style Italian and you and your partner can agree on the dish to order - one order serves 2 or 3 - this is the perfect place to go.Special Features:
- belleDined on 10/4/2014Food was great and the service was wonderful. We had a good time and enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!pastapastapastaDined on 10/3/2014Whether just me and my partner or my entire family, Buca always hits the spot! The food is great, the desserts are to die for and the ambiance alone keeps the conversation going.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodMattCDined on 9/29/2014Bucca DePeppo has a great menu with a wide variety of choices. Excellent for large groups or just a romantic evening. The decor will keep you occupied to the point you'll put down your phone to look around. Some real conversation starters. Enjoy!Special Features:
- steve&flyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The service was GREAT and the setting was perfect. We all enjoyed the many choices we made and shared. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant for Adult B-DaysHappyDinerDined on 9/27/2014We have now celebrated our 4th child turning 18 at Bucas. It is just a fun place with a motivated service staff and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make a reservation on the weekendbelleiladDined on 9/27/2014Luckily, I had the foresight to make a reservation. Even as we arrived Saturday evening, there we tons of people waiting. Because we had a reservation, we were seated in about 10min. The staff was visibly working their hardest and most of them remained friendly throughout the chaos. Our server was kind, personable, speedy, and knowledgeable. Thankfully, though, we are repeat customers and knew what we wanted quickly, and he was happy to take our order immediately, which worked out great for us and the staff! We ordered the 1893 Salad, Chicken Marsala, and Chicken Carbonara, all of which were DELICIOUS and came out in a timely manner! We will be back for sure! Thank you, Buca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday every yeartasteofsicilyDined on 9/27/2014Bucas is our go to spot for my cousin's birthday every year. The food is enough to feed our whole group with leftovers and the desserts are extravagant in size and taste. We always have a great time spotting pictures or decor we hadn't seen before. The wait staff is great and even when the restaurant is busy, very attentive to our needs as well.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceDinerightDined on 9/26/2014my mom and I enjoyed the fettuccine supremo, it was wonderful. I will highly recommend Buca to any one.Special Features:
- Good Family EatingloovilledinerDined on 9/20/2014Good food, family style with large portions. Portions make Buca's very reasonable for families. Service was great, and the kitchen table was a lot of fun.Special Features:
- birthdaybirthday52Dined on 9/14/2014SERVICE GREAT FROM MULTIPLE STAFF WAITRESS VERY UP BEAT AND HELPFUL REALLY ENJOYED EATING IN KITCHENSpecial Features:
- Will not returnLadiDevilDined on 9/5/2014This is our 3rd trip to this location and I was not happy camper. I went to location as a friend of the party wanted to go. I had a coupon and was over charged w our meal. The manager was supposes to come to our table to review the bill and never showed up. The server took extra 5$ out of each of my party bill (2 seperate bills) and an extra 10$ From my bill. That's a total of 20$. When we confronted him he denied it even thou we had the proof.Special Features:
- Great food fun atmosphereLynzDined on 8/29/2014This is a good restaurant when you are going out with friends. Make sure you aren't on the verge of a headache though because it is so loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great place to take family, friends, etc. for a nice night of good food and great service. Love the overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I celebrated my college graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014it was great we had 40 people and we were placed with one server he was great but we could tell he was getting overwhelmedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been Many Times...Great PlaceCheleBelle2Dined on 8/17/2014Went and enjoyed myself for my 44th birthday celebration. I got a chance to sit at the Pope's Table. As fun as can be had in such a public place.Special Features:
- Yum!!!!!food great-service ehhhhh😕OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Salads are awesome..pastas superb!loud atmosphere.waiter not so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hoped for.Kfar998Dined on 8/16/2014We reserved a group party table and were told upon arrival that we would need to be split up. When we walked in there was another party in an argument over the same issue. The person bring honored wasn't even at our table. The service was horribly slow, and waited nearly 45 min -hr for our orders to be taken. Three different people had problems with their order, receiving the wrong item or not getting it for 20 minutes after everyone else. The place was so loud it was impossible to celebrate between two tables. The food was good (when it was correct and finally arrived) but the service, atmosphere, messing up of accomodations and overall poor experience was a huge let down
- Packed in like sardinesfancie64Dined on 8/16/2014We had reservations for 8, ended up with only 6 adults, 1 child. One adult was actually sitting in the aisle, barely had access to the table. It was really too crowded to be an enjoyable 70th birthday for my husband.Special Features:
- Two grown womenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We took two daughters for their birthdays. Neither one had ever been to Buca di Beppo before this. One will be taking her husband back this week, We knew they would be excited about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian Place!JaclynDined on 8/6/2014I absolutely love this place! The service is great, the food is delicious. I always look forward to and enjoy going here. The collosal Sunday is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Our server was wonderful with handling our large group. All orders correct and drinks refilled, checks separated, and he was very patient. Made it a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 414 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Louisville reviews archive.
- out2eatnlvilleDined on 7/28/2014I took some friends for a birthday. I was pleased with the food but disappointed with the birthday celebration. A candle was brought but no one sang and not even a dessert was offered. Everyone loved the atmosphere and the staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy with so-so foodMaryLou1023Dined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere was great and we loved our cozy table but the spaghetti and meatballs was mediocre at best; very bland and disappointing.Special Features: