Buca di Beppo - Kansas City
310 West 47th Street
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8169316548x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Kevin Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Kansas City
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Buca di Beppo - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (107)special occasion (79)kid-friendly (48)romantic (33)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (16)great for brunch (13)late-night find (11)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Kitchen ran behindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went there for a bachelorette party. We were there to have social aspects ,but our food took over an hour and a half. Then after the food came out and we started eating then he brought us our salads.They even ran out of some food as well.Our waiter was really patient with us and the manger came over and took care of some of the girls. We understand that the kitchen was behind,but we were on a time crunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyCindyDined on 10/14/2014Food was very good as usual as well as the service.Special Features:
- Once again2eatornot2eaTDined on 10/11/2014I have lost count of the times I've eaten here, and each time gets better and better. Whenever I have a special occasion, the first place I think of is Buca. If Italian is what you seek, you need not search any farther than Buca. Everything is great from beginning to the end. .. desert. Rest assured that I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl timeGottaTryItDined on 10/9/2014Great playful atmosphere and food! Prompt and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most memorable experiencenorris1781Dined on 10/2/2014Buca is one of those restaurants that you'll remember forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never coming backAreYouSeriousDined on 9/28/2014Thw food was horrible!!! I've had better at fazoli's, 500% mark up and the food isn't seasoned. I had a small amount of egg shell in my meat balls (3 for $15)... What a joke. In all honesty I regret spending my 26th Birthday here and my money. I could of gone to olive garden for a fraction of the price. The chicken in the Alfredo appeared to be boiled. It had no seasoning at all. I cant even compare this tp a tv dinner!!! Completely outdone $182 of my families money on bland fry food
- first time1stx4Dined on 9/27/2014This was my first time at buca. I will be back the salad, baked ziti was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The hubby and I recently celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary and our second trip to Buca Di Beppo and we were still amazed at how awesome the staff and food and just total feel of our experience. We were even able to sit at the same table as we did at our 1 year anniversary which made it even more amazing.Special Features:
- Best Birthday ever!mltNmthDined on 9/13/2014This was my daughter's birthday and everything was perfect. Our server, Melanie, was awesome. She attended to every single detail. She made sure that the table didn't collect unwanted dishes. She made sure that everyone was singing ! Happy birthday...!. We couldn't have asked for a better place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Homecomingluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014We went here for homecoming and it was great. It is good for really large groups. The food is super yummy! The colossal brownie ice cream dessert is huge and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were there to celebrate a good friend's birthday. It was a little loud, but we were in a corner booth which blocked some of the noise. It was my first visit to the restaurant. Everyone was very nice. We were in a bit of a rush and should have mentioned we had a show at Starlight at 8pm when we first arrived. We did mention it before our food arrived. We were 30 minutes late to the show. My suggestion is don't make other plans after eating at Buca de Beppo. Or else make earlier reservations, especially on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceMelkatDined on 9/12/2014We were seated shortly after 7:00 and did not see a waiter for 45 minutes. Service was slow. We didn't get all of our food that was ordered. We were there for a 60 th Anniversary and were told they only do special deserts for birthdays. It was so loud we couldn't hear each other talk. Have been here later at night and lunch and enjoyed it. This time was just awful. I think for almost $400 our experience should have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ISSUESpaulinaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had my sons 12th there with 14 boys. Food was o.k., but they forgot the garlic bread and the cheese bread, were very picky about the coupons and/or offers they had and the salad was tiny for a family sized. Accidentally served an extra pasta bowl to the boys I didnt order, and they took it off the bill, but still charged me for all the other items they failed to bring. We needed water and I had to clean my own table at one point. Not really sure I will be back again. Plus, I made reservations over 2 weeks in advance and still had to wait for a table when I got there and felt like they squeezed us in to a tiny space. They are huge boys, who ate like men and believe me my bill was that large as well. A large table would have been apropo
- loved itkemosobeDined on 9/12/2014Came with family for first-time. They have new fans. We will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serverDevryFoodieDined on 9/7/2014I've been to Buca many times & have never had a problem with service. However, this time our server acted as though he had never waited tables before & every request was either incomprehensible or a major incovenience to him. I was there celebrating my engagement & Zach acted like he had never talked to a group of women before. Sad to say, he was very awkward & seemed extremely uncomfortable, making for a poor experience for us. The food was delicious & other staff members were very personable & helpful. Zach was just not one of these notable staff members.Special Features:
- Can not beat itPwardDined on 9/6/2014As always, our experience at Buca last Saturday night was fantastic. It was crazy crowded and we were way back in the corner with friends. Incredibly the food and service were terrific. The noise was at an obnoxious level however, because of all the babies.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodRick74Dined on 9/6/2014One cannot go wrong at Buca di Beppo. The food and service are great. Portions are more than sufficient and there is always enough to take home. Prices may seem a little high but when compared to the quality and quantity on would find that they are not really high at all. As an Italian who was raised on good Italian food I would strongly recommend this restaurant to all lovers of Italian Food.Special Features:
- Great foodKimmiekinsDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at 3 different Buca di Beppo's. Generally I do not care for Itallian chains, but prefer more home grown places. This is certainly the exception. While their red sauce is a little boring, get into their whites and they are to die for. The family dining experience is great, and it is certainly for groups. You can do it with a couple, but you'll have leftovers, even with the small plates and two large, hungry people. :)Special Features:
- Always satisfyingJoMamaDined on 9/6/2014Ambiance is great. The pics and posters on the wall can keep you entertained for hours. Service could have quicker but the food is always satisfying and delicious. We had my 85 year old mother in law with us. Although there was an elevator, getting in to the restaurant took us through a very twisted route.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- budgieDined on 9/1/2014What a great place to eat with friends. The family style dining brings all close together and adds to the warm family atmosphere. Having visited the one in Michigan numerous times, finding one in Kansas City was a true find. Our group of four shared two appetizers, a large spaghetti and meatballs and the spicy chicken. Additionally, we had both the garlic bread and cheese bread. Everything was fantastic and you have to have a meatball--one half pound of pure Italian delight. We ordered the desert platter and shared it with the table next to us as it was more than we could eat. The Italian cream cake is the best desert ever made. If you are traveling and see a Buca di Bepo--- stop for a fantastic meal. You wont be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo ReviewTheMACDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have been here a couple of times, so this time we brought the kids and some out-of-town friends. We had a 2:00pm reservation, but we got there early. They happily sat us early; that was nice. The food was good, as usual - spaghetti and pizza. The friends really liked the atmosphere and the kids were very interested in the fact that it's "under ground." There was a very large group (30+) sitting near us so it made the noise level very high. And there was a crying baby near us, which didn't help. But, the parents DID take the baby out. I think the large group ordered before us, so it felt like it took our food a while to arrive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Interesting DecorFamousAmousDined on 8/30/2014Food was good (and affordable); service was ok. Waiter seemed very busy with multiple tables so we didn't get the best service, but not the worst either. The pictures and other decor on the walls was eclectic and very interesting, not necessarily for young eyes though. The room that we sat in was very loud, so difficult to carry on an intimate coversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereRadiationDined on 8/30/2014My son chose Buca for his birthday dinner. We planned for at least a month and finally all our schedules coincided for a Friday night treat to Buca. We have loved Buca for special occasions and just for fun for years. Way to go Buca!Special Features:
- Great Food Interesting AtmosphereSaltySalReview2014Dined on 8/29/2014Me and my daughter arrived for dinner for her 15th birthday. The wait staff was prompt, courteous, attentive, and efficient. The Italian food was outstanding. I had the Chicken Stuffed w/ Proscuitto with a side of broccoli. It was amazing. The linguine was amazing as well. Would definitely return and enjoy the curiously entertaining decor, great Italian music and great food. Could be pricey for some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food horrible serviceyellowcat00Dined on 8/23/2014the food was great, but the waiter was horrible. haven't had that bad of service from a waiter ever. We had to ask the other server twice to track him down just to order another drink. He only came to the table 1 time and that was when the food came out. Hard to come back to a place that has service like that.Special Features:
- Great EveningbirthdaycelebrationsDined on 8/23/2014I took my husband there for his birthday with his family. The portion sizes are great for groups and the customer service is wonderful! I love coming here for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaoticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had chosen this restaurant to start the night for my sister's bachelorette party because she has loved past meals there. Unfortunately it must have been a busy night because they weren't prepared for our reservation and did not have a table big enough for us, even though we had 3 less people than our reservation was for. We were originally led to a larger area but it hadn't been cleared yet so we waited in the aisles. Another party was then brought to the same area so they pulled the tables apart and we were a seat short so one person in our party sat in the corner. The food was great and our waiter tried hard, but the meal got off to a bad start, was uncomfortable due to lack of space, and had our evening running late from the start.Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Second time we have been there and it's been amazing both times. We will most definitely be back in the future.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicemkedinerDined on 8/15/2014A great place for a family outing. As usual, the food was great and the service outstanding. The server did an awesome job of taking great care of us and providing great recommendations for entrees and dessert. Just wish they had a location up north.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Placegr8t4adteDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Bucca di Beppo several times. I think it is a wonderful place for a date night or special occasion. I have to say this last time I went wasn't my favorites experience. We were sat in the lower level and it had a strange smell. The food was wonderful as usual and the service was good as well. I will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary mistake!!WolfManorDined on 8/9/2014We brought another couple with us who was also celebrating an anniversary. Our waitress forgot our appetizer and then they served it to the table next to ours. Gabe (head chef) came out and explained what had happened after about an hour...but still no appetizer. 1-1/2 hours later still no appetizers he brings us out 2 salads that we didn't really want but by now we where pretty hungry. Then as he is setting the salads down the food shows up...There's no room on the table. 1/2 way through the meal our appetizer finally shows up. That night Buca pretty much managed to screw up what I thought was going to be the high light of our trip to the plaza. Instead it was The melting pot. So disappointed!!Special Features:
- good place, bad serviceBucaDined on 8/9/2014Nice place in a great area. Had a drink that had something floating in it so I had to send it back. Food was okay at best (but this was my first time eating there), at best the level you would get at Olive Garden. Our server kept forgetting things (straws, to bring our check, and to bring to go boxes multiple times). I believe the issue that we had with the server was due to him being over booked with tables, maybe better scheduling would have helped.Special Features:
- themarbleladyDined on 8/9/2014There were 14 of us and we were celebrating 4 children's birthdays! The waitress was wonderful and the staff was very accommodating when our party grew from 12-14! We had very little food leftover to take home...which means it was very good and everyone got their fill! I would suggest they have something for birthday people...even if there is a charge for it...especially for children....but we were told they had nothing. I think that would be a nice addition.Special Features:
- Pretty great!HungrysoccergirlDined on 8/8/2014Went here for our final get together and it was absolutely awesome. Great service and even better food. Best to share with big groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbearably Noisy With No ReliefOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014The food is good but over priced. The atmosphere would be the draw of this place but on our trip they sat one party of 20 young girls and another party of 10 girls in the same small room as our party of 5. We could not hear each other even when we yelled. I feel for a 200 dinner tab they should have compensated us or moved us. I am not picky but being shoved into the corner of a 12 x 12 basement with 30 screaming girls? We won't be back.
- Very AccomodatingQOFEDined on 8/3/2014The staff at Buca di Beppo went out of their way to make my mother-in-law's 85th birthday dinner very special. There were 22 of us, and I warned the manager ahead of time that we have a tendency to be a bit loud. They put us in a very nice area away from the other diners, so we didn't need to be self conscious about our noise level. We were waited on by the nicest waiter and waitress we could have asked for. They were incredibly patient and very attentive without hovering. We couldn't have asked for a nicer evening. The food was good and more than plentiful. We all walked out with enough for lunch the next day. They also have a gluten-free menu which I don't find at very many Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- ServiceKCanniversayeatingDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service. We were seated as soon as we arrived and food arrived in a timely manner and was excellent!Special Features:
- Grand food; busy, noisy eveningMartinSDined on 8/2/2014Busy Saturday evening. We were seated in a room with a lot of groups and noisy kids. The food was great. The service was excellent. The noise level was a little bit too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were excellent! This was the first visit for my guests. They were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff made us feel very welcomebornafoodieDined on 8/1/2014There is great food everywhere but it isn't complete without a friendly and knowledgeable staff. We were running late for our reservation and the host was understanding in regard to find parking. We were greeted warmly and immediately taken to our table. Our server was fun, energetic, but not to the point of dominating the meal...she was a pleasant contribution to a wonderful evening. The food was served quickly and nicely presented. We never felt rushed and upon paying the check we were thanked by all staff as we were leaving the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.