Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville
10334 Southside Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32256Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (904) 363-9090
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Rafael Chico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- We go to Buca for our birthday celebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014It's become a "family tradition" to go to Buca for special events. They have always been great with the food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the broccoliKimKarrDined on 11/14/2014This was our 5th visit to Buca. Overall, the food and service was good. My family eat here for special occasions. This particular visit was for our daughters 26th birthday. Every time we order the broccoli with our dinner, it comes out after we are done with our other entrees. If we wanted veggies for dessert, we would have ordered it as such.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I enjoyed everything about the 1st experience. ...food was great...restaurant was very clean and the overall staff was great...i enjoyed spending by hunni birthday with a great restaurant & staff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The food was nothing special, extremely over priced and the service was the worst, very slow, couldn't get anything in a timely manner, food, drink refills, the check. What other Italian restaurant do you have to pay for garlic bread??!! It wasn't good anyway. The manager came by twice and apologized but did nothing else. We were surrounded by screaming children. After they left, the staff didn't even clean the floor under their table, it was covered in food, crayons and paper.
- DisappointingCassieVIPDined on 11/1/2014We were seated right away in the area we requested and then there was some confusion over who our server was as they were both named Jessica. From there on it was down hill for service. Food was very good, hot, and came out quickly. This was our second time at Buca with the first being excellent and this time below par. Service must improve for us to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday GatheringDecemberSarahDined on 10/19/2014Had a great time and three in our party had never eaten here and raved about the food!Special Features:
- Great eveningswoodberyDined on 10/18/2014We had delicious food aplenty, over the top service, and friendly, courteous staff. One of our favorite places! We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Service was fine but food awful!AboosDined on 10/17/2014The service and ambiance was good but the food is terrible!! Not worth the money and serving size is small!!!Special Features:
- Unexpectedly slowScout11Dined on 10/11/2014Although the restaurant did not appear to have a lot of patrons during our dining experience, the wait time between placing our order and receiving our meals was longer than I expected. We did not receive our meal until ~1 hr 15 minutes. I think this is unacceptable and Bucca di Beppo is not known for slow service.Special Features:
- order the pizzavenusdragonflyDined on 10/5/2014We usually have pizza when we come here, but we decided to try something different. So, we ordered stuffed chicken breast. There were only 3 and they were stuffed with prosciutto ham and cheese. Totally not worth $25 for 3 chicken breasts that didn't taste like anything special. Overall, the restaurant food was not exactly how I remembered it and next time, we will probably just order pizza.Special Features:
- A Usual GoodyLoveStAugustine1Dined on 9/19/2014I usually give this restaurant 5 Stars, but the food was awful tonight. It was undercooked, there was hardly any sauce, it just was not their usual. I never have a problem with the kitchen, but tonight it was horrible. Our Service was good, and the manager did take the chicken items off of the bill. I do not care what the temp reads, the chicken was pink, period. And that can cause health issues, obviously. It was not their best, that's for sure. But, things happen, and I hope that the food returns to it's usual fabulousness. I would still recommend this restaurant. I have written many great reviews of this restaurant, they are usually wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better for far lesssuze417Dined on 9/14/2014The food was really good, except there was NO chicken in our Chicken Cannelloni. The floors were all sticky, and everyone in our party even mentioned it. The service was a bit slow, but we had a group of 8 and we were visiting, so that was fine. The bill (before tip) came out to over $30 a person, which to me seems high. We enjoyed it overall, but I doubt we'd pick it again for a family get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun real home-style Italian foodLaArtzDined on 9/14/2014Great place to bring a hungry group. Reminds me of dinners at my grandparent's house! Portions are huge. We loved the meatballs, calamari, chicken Parmesan and the tiramisu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringJesusLovesUsDined on 9/13/2014This restaurants staff was polite and very efficient. The food, when it arrived was hot and delicious. Our wait staff went beyond the call of duty to ensure our every need was taken care of before all our guests arrived and after our meals were completed. Excellent job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Tatasnjax55Dined on 9/12/2014Our first time to visit and we loved it! They gave us a tour and the history . The food is fast and so good ! It is a little pricey but you will go home with extra .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place not to eatDatenitedinerDined on 8/29/2014We had invited another couple to join us and were looking forward to a great evening. We ordered drinks and it took over ten minutes before our drinks arrived. We ordered the combination appetizer and the mussels were not opened. 20 minutes later,They brought us a serving of mussels and 50% were unopened. We had ordered out main course and and another round of drinks, which the server got the drinks wrong. An 95 minutes after our arrival we still had not received our main course. Attempting to get the attention of our server was futile-WE WERE OUT OF PATIENCE. I asked for the manager in the atrium and a substitute came from the kitchen in chef's attire and ended up comping our drinks and appetizer. We went elsewhere for dinner.
- good food but very slowDavidDined on 8/16/2014food as always was very good. Service was very good - it just took a very long time for the food to be served. It was over an hour after we ordered before our food arrived. We drove the poor waiter crazy bringing us bread because we were so hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not be backneveragainDined on 8/16/2014we had made a reservation for a party of 11. it did not seem to be overly busy but we still had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. no big deal. nice place. appatizers were slow to come out. no big deal. food order took forever. saw other tables getting served who came in after us, getting served before us. food finally arrived and the order was not complete, had to wait for pasta dishes. we were out with our future in laws, so we did not want to create a scene. if alone i would have spoken to a manager. for someplace that advertisers that large groups are welcome, this was a big letdown. too many options out there for us to go there again.
- A nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our waiter Bryan was awesome. We were out celebrating our Anniversay and the experience at the restaurant made this night very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationMayinFLDined on 8/9/2014I went following my graduation ceremony at the Times-Union Center. There were 14 of us family members in all. We had requested the Pope Room which seated all of us comfortably. Pope Room features a round table which is better for conversation rather than a rectangular table. One server, SaraBeth. She was awesome. Very attentive to our many requests. Food came out within a reasonable amount of time. We ordered appetizers, salads & entrees. 10% military discount was a nice added bonus (but they do not allow any coupons if using military discount).Special Features:
- The following 322 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville reviews archive.
- No management!!foodiechefDined on 7/26/2014Waitress, brought wrong order, offered to exchange, but as we had already served/ate some felt obligated to keep it. Waitress, slow, bread cold...was NOT busy...manager never stopped by to apologize for mix-up or offer solution! Don't recall EVER seeing manager here!! Also contacted management by email, no reply or phone call?!? Love the food, but very reluctant to ever return to establishment that doen't value my business!!
- Great Place for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I took my 88 year old grandmother to Buca for her birthday. Our waiter Marco was so personable, my Grannie fell in love. She loved his stories and his gentle spirit. The food was great as always but thank you to Marco for making her big day a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problems againthatsawrapDined on 7/20/2014This was not an enjoyable visit our meal. Second time ordering a standard, popular menu item only to be informed they didn't have lasagna..... at dinner hour on weekend . We selected alternate dish. Pasta was dry and needed more sauce. Past experiences weren't much better. Over priced for what we ordered.
- waitress, what waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014It took forever to be seated, it took forever for a waitress to show up. It took forever for the food to arrive. Who knows were the waitress was because she was for sure missing in action. The spaghettis were left in water and so they were soaked and flavorless. I guess the restaurant needs a chef, or at least a real one.
- Nice placeGeorgeVIPDined on 7/10/2014Buca di Beppo is a fun place with great food. We love the combination dinners for two.Special Features:
- DisappointedDinerDined on 7/2/2014On-line Reservations for 7 pm (party of 12). All arrived at 7 pm. Receptionist was overwhelmed. Seated at 7:15. Drinks at 7:45. Appetizer at 8:15: Cold Calamari. Dinner at 8:45. Pasta was sticky and tasteless. 2 hours and 15 minutes for an overpriced and not enjoyable birthday party. Was much better two years ago. Do no intend to return.
- Not as good as other Buca di BepposnotafoodyDined on 7/1/2014I took my wife and some close friends to Bucas for dinner the night before our 31st Anniversary. Service was slow, appetizers were very slow to come out of the kitchen, the waiter tried to accommodate with bread and oil/vinegar but didn't make it out with the bread until the other appetizers were already out. Food came out shortly thereafter and was pretty good, but some of it wasn't even hot. We have dined at Bucas in Las Vegas,NV and Alpharetta, GA and those location were why we wanted to eat there in Jacksonville, FL. That was our mistake.
- Fun PlaceDoctoriDined on 6/28/2014If you like large portions of weel=prepared food served family style, Buca is the place. Reasonably priced bar, wine and food made for family style dining. The menu has many good choices for a variety of pastas, pizzas and meat entrees and desserts are amazing. Don't mis sthe Pope Room for special occassions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy with visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Made reservations to celebrate Father's Day with the family. The reservation was for 15 people and we were seated in a TINY room at a round table. I understand that this table helps with the family-style dining, but the noise level from our group in that small room was unreasonable. The server was kind and attempted to be attentive, but the poor layout made it difficult for her. A longer table, like so many we saw there...empty, would have fit our group much better. The food came out luke-warm, if that, and we sent one of our dishes back because it was so cold. I was embarrassed that I'd booked our reservation and literally had someone say "the next time this is where we're eating, leave me off of the list"
- Pear Gorgonzola salad is greatdewaDined on 6/14/2014Fun place for family style dining. Best part of the meal was the pear Gorgonzola salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failed to please, againRobynDined on 6/14/2014We go to Buca once a year usually for my husband's birthday or Father's Day because he likes to go there. The service is always lacking. This year it looked like they cut down their portion sizes. We waited 20 minutes for the tomato & mozzarella appetizer to come out (no cooking involved). The edges of the eggplant parm were burned and charred. Parm dishes had half the cheese they have had in the past. Next year I will persuade my husband to find another restaurant to go to. I am done with Buca.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014The staff was excellent and exceeded my requirements of having the order ready within 15 minutes after arrival. They were very accomodating especially since i had to change the reservations 3 times. We had excellent service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOAAAs5Dined on 6/9/2014The participants at this event said the food was alright, but the place felt dirty. The floor was so sticky that the chairs stuck to the floor as well as their shoes. They said they would never go back there again.
- Child only roomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Unfortunately we were seated in a room that appeared to be all kids. We couldn't even hear each other across the table. We moved to the bar area, and after a family with a crying child left, we were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic job as usualPartypartyDined on 6/2/2014I have had numerous large parties at this location over the past several years, from special birthdays to graduations. This location does an OUTSTANDING JOB with large parties. Every time I have another party, I leave amazed at how excellent the service is. It's the reason we keep coming back for our group gatherings. Hats off to your staff. You do an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Bad Online reservationsCiscoDined on 5/31/2014The food was awesome, the staff was great, they even gave my son a card for his graduation. However, I made reservations online and the restaurant never received it. We were hoping for a nice table but we literally ended up in the kitchen. The staff helped us to keep it a spiecial evening but your online reservations needs a lot if work. Very frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The Veal Marsela along with potatoes which we have most of the time was tuff and no flavor. We were told that the Marsela sause is pre package. For the price of $25.99 for 3 small pieces plus $10.00 for potatoes is very over price. I am not sure my wife and I will return after 12 years of comming to Albany Ny and Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Came for pre Prom DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014Had wonderful time, staff was wonderful and the food delicious! Beginning our Prom Festivities by dinning here was great! Think you will be our 'Hot Spot' next year with many more in attendance for Pre-Prom Dining by many more of Baker County Florida's High School students!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs to be betterOOJenOODined on 5/11/2014Our group came in for Mothers Day and upon checking in at hostess stand we waited 10 mins to be seated, which was no big deal. They walked us through the kitchen which, which was kinda fun, to a back room that was filled with other large parties. We made reservations for 7 but the table we sat at was set for 8. I only wish they had removed the additional spot so we could spread out some but we managed. Server didn't show up for 10 min. When she finally did she got our drink order then disappeared for another 15 min. Finally got our drinks then about 15 min later bread was delivered. Ordered food, then no server after that... Our drink were empty. Food was delivered, it was good, but not everything came out at once. No server after that 😔Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No going back any time soonGreatExpectationsDined on 5/11/2014Atmosphere: fabulous. Food: some fabulous some not. Spaghetti and meatballs had very little sauce. When we asked for more, they were just as stingy, bringing a tiny container for a Buca large. The pasta dish that was supposed to be spicy and had no kick whatsoever. We even asked the waiter if it was the wrong dish and he assured us the order was correct. We no longer request the kitchen table because the last two times we sat there, it was nothing special and the service was poor. Quite the opposite of the first visit, when they actually spoke to us, gave us a special appetizer, and treated us as though we were guests and not invisible observers.Special Features: