Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville
10334 Southside Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32256Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 9043639090x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Rafael Chico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (24)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great place not to eatDatenitedinerDined on 8/29/2014We had invited another couple to join us and were looking forward to a great evening. We ordered drinks and it took over ten minutes before our drinks arrived. We ordered the combination appetizer and the mussels were not opened. 20 minutes later,They brought us a serving of mussels and 50% were unopened. We had ordered out main course and and another round of drinks, which the server got the drinks wrong. An 95 minutes after our arrival we still had not received our main course. Attempting to get the attention of our server was futile-WE WERE OUT OF PATIENCE. I asked for the manager in the atrium and a substitute came from the kitchen in chef's attire and ended up comping our drinks and appetizer. We went elsewhere for dinner.
- good food but very slowDavidDined on 8/16/2014food as always was very good. Service was very good - it just took a very long time for the food to be served. It was over an hour after we ordered before our food arrived. We drove the poor waiter crazy bringing us bread because we were so hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our waiter Bryan was awesome. We were out celebrating our Anniversay and the experience at the restaurant made this night very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationMayinFLDined on 8/9/2014I went following my graduation ceremony at the Times-Union Center. There were 14 of us family members in all. We had requested the Pope Room which seated all of us comfortably. Pope Room features a round table which is better for conversation rather than a rectangular table. One server, SaraBeth. She was awesome. Very attentive to our many requests. Food came out within a reasonable amount of time. We ordered appetizers, salads & entrees. 10% military discount was a nice added bonus (but they do not allow any coupons if using military discount).Special Features:
- Great Place for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I took my 88 year old grandmother to Buca for her birthday. Our waiter Marco was so personable, my Grannie fell in love. She loved his stories and his gentle spirit. The food was great as always but thank you to Marco for making her big day a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problems againthatsawrapDined on 7/20/2014This was not an enjoyable visit our meal. Second time ordering a standard, popular menu item only to be informed they didn't have lasagna..... at dinner hour on weekend . We selected alternate dish. Pasta was dry and needed more sauce. Past experiences weren't much better. Over priced for what we ordered.
- waitress, what waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014It took forever to be seated, it took forever for a waitress to show up. It took forever for the food to arrive. Who knows were the waitress was because she was for sure missing in action. The spaghettis were left in water and so they were soaked and flavorless. I guess the restaurant needs a chef, or at least a real one.
- Nice placeGeorgeVIPDined on 7/10/2014Buca di Beppo is a fun place with great food. We love the combination dinners for two.Special Features:
- DisappointedDinerDined on 7/2/2014On-line Reservations for 7 pm (party of 12). All arrived at 7 pm. Receptionist was overwhelmed. Seated at 7:15. Drinks at 7:45. Appetizer at 8:15: Cold Calamari. Dinner at 8:45. Pasta was sticky and tasteless. 2 hours and 15 minutes for an overpriced and not enjoyable birthday party. Was much better two years ago. Do no intend to return.
- Not as good as other Buca di BepposnotafoodyDined on 7/1/2014I took my wife and some close friends to Bucas for dinner the night before our 31st Anniversary. Service was slow, appetizers were very slow to come out of the kitchen, the waiter tried to accommodate with bread and oil/vinegar but didn't make it out with the bread until the other appetizers were already out. Food came out shortly thereafter and was pretty good, but some of it wasn't even hot. We have dined at Bucas in Las Vegas,NV and Alpharetta, GA and those location were why we wanted to eat there in Jacksonville, FL. That was our mistake.
- Fun PlaceDoctoriDined on 6/28/2014If you like large portions of weel=prepared food served family style, Buca is the place. Reasonably priced bar, wine and food made for family style dining. The menu has many good choices for a variety of pastas, pizzas and meat entrees and desserts are amazing. Don't mis sthe Pope Room for special occassions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy with visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Made reservations to celebrate Father's Day with the family. The reservation was for 15 people and we were seated in a TINY room at a round table. I understand that this table helps with the family-style dining, but the noise level from our group in that small room was unreasonable. The server was kind and attempted to be attentive, but the poor layout made it difficult for her. A longer table, like so many we saw there...empty, would have fit our group much better. The food came out luke-warm, if that, and we sent one of our dishes back because it was so cold. I was embarrassed that I'd booked our reservation and literally had someone say "the next time this is where we're eating, leave me off of the list"
- Pear Gorgonzola salad is greatdewaDined on 6/14/2014Fun place for family style dining. Best part of the meal was the pear Gorgonzola salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failed to please, againRobynDined on 6/14/2014We go to Buca once a year usually for my husband's birthday or Father's Day because he likes to go there. The service is always lacking. This year it looked like they cut down their portion sizes. We waited 20 minutes for the tomato & mozzarella appetizer to come out (no cooking involved). The edges of the eggplant parm were burned and charred. Parm dishes had half the cheese they have had in the past. Next year I will persuade my husband to find another restaurant to go to. I am done with Buca.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014The staff was excellent and exceeded my requirements of having the order ready within 15 minutes after arrival. They were very accomodating especially since i had to change the reservations 3 times. We had excellent service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOAAAs5Dined on 6/9/2014The participants at this event said the food was alright, but the place felt dirty. The floor was so sticky that the chairs stuck to the floor as well as their shoes. They said they would never go back there again.
- Child only roomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Unfortunately we were seated in a room that appeared to be all kids. We couldn't even hear each other across the table. We moved to the bar area, and after a family with a crying child left, we were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic job as usualPartypartyDined on 6/2/2014I have had numerous large parties at this location over the past several years, from special birthdays to graduations. This location does an OUTSTANDING JOB with large parties. Every time I have another party, I leave amazed at how excellent the service is. It's the reason we keep coming back for our group gatherings. Hats off to your staff. You do an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Bad Online reservationsCiscoDined on 5/31/2014The food was awesome, the staff was great, they even gave my son a card for his graduation. However, I made reservations online and the restaurant never received it. We were hoping for a nice table but we literally ended up in the kitchen. The staff helped us to keep it a spiecial evening but your online reservations needs a lot if work. Very frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The Veal Marsela along with potatoes which we have most of the time was tuff and no flavor. We were told that the Marsela sause is pre package. For the price of $25.99 for 3 small pieces plus $10.00 for potatoes is very over price. I am not sure my wife and I will return after 12 years of comming to Albany Ny and Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Came for pre Prom DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014Had wonderful time, staff was wonderful and the food delicious! Beginning our Prom Festivities by dinning here was great! Think you will be our 'Hot Spot' next year with many more in attendance for Pre-Prom Dining by many more of Baker County Florida's High School students!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs to be betterOOJenOODined on 5/11/2014Our group came in for Mothers Day and upon checking in at hostess stand we waited 10 mins to be seated, which was no big deal. They walked us through the kitchen which, which was kinda fun, to a back room that was filled with other large parties. We made reservations for 7 but the table we sat at was set for 8. I only wish they had removed the additional spot so we could spread out some but we managed. Server didn't show up for 10 min. When she finally did she got our drink order then disappeared for another 15 min. Finally got our drinks then about 15 min later bread was delivered. Ordered food, then no server after that... Our drink were empty. Food was delivered, it was good, but not everything came out at once. No server after that 😔Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No going back any time soonGreatExpectationsDined on 5/11/2014Atmosphere: fabulous. Food: some fabulous some not. Spaghetti and meatballs had very little sauce. When we asked for more, they were just as stingy, bringing a tiny container for a Buca large. The pasta dish that was supposed to be spicy and had no kick whatsoever. We even asked the waiter if it was the wrong dish and he assured us the order was correct. We no longer request the kitchen table because the last two times we sat there, it was nothing special and the service was poor. Quite the opposite of the first visit, when they actually spoke to us, gave us a special appetizer, and treated us as though we were guests and not invisible observers.Special Features:
- Mothers Day FailureLjohnsonDined on 5/11/2014Half of our pastas were missing ingredients- like no peas in the chicken rigatoni. Our waiter continuously forgot about drink refills even when we had reminded him. Very effortless service.
- Good food but going down...EnjoyFoodDined on 5/11/2014I love this restaurant. I have eaten there for years. This last visit was not so good. I feel like they have aloud the restaurant to get run down. It is not so clean. When I was talking with some friends they said that that place had gotten so dirty and they stop going. I still love the food and how interesting the place is but they really need to clean the place up!Special Features:
- stale chickenDHomzDined on 5/10/2014Chicken Parmesan was stale and slid out of its breading. Ravioli, salad and bread were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Generations of Ladies LunceonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Went for a Mothers Day Luncheon before a day at the spa! Everything was wonderful. Even the youngest in our group was enthralled with the 'Tour' and artwork! Already has been requested to return again for next Mothers Day... Or Sooner :9)Special Features:
- The following 298 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Jacksonville reviews archive.
- Good FoodCassDined on 4/24/2014We went on a Sunday evening it was quiet not very busy we were the only couple in the room we were in and across the way. We enjoyed our meal of spaghetti and meatballs (hubby) and I had eggplant parmesan. Enough to take home and have later.Special Features:
- BucairishdagoDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful older vibe Italian restaurant. Obviously family oriented. The photos and artwork alone are worth the trip. Very friendly hostesses and waiters. Best of all, great food and plenty of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the familyCherylDined on 4/20/2014Go with a crowd so you can try lots of entrees! It's all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter lunchkrileyDined on 4/20/2014We hadreservations and was seated prompt. Server was very prompt and took great care of us. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Bad ServiceBarzdaitesDined on 4/17/2014The food was very good. We ordered a special with salad. ziti, and garlic bread. We also ordered sausage and caprese salad. We were stuffed! The problem happened when we went to use a special coupon the restaurant gave us at work. The waitress couldn't get the computer to accept it and there was no manager on duty. The chef had to figure it out while we sat for 30 minutes waiting for the check. We arrived at the restaurant at 5:30, but didn't leave until 8:45!Special Features:
- Family StyleletseatDined on 4/13/2014The menu is varied and served family style. Each member of the group can order what they like and there is plenty to share around the table. A lot of food and plenty of left overs to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A better Buca APR 2014JaXslocaleaterDined on 4/12/2014As My and my brothers experience was sub par at the Buca in Augusta GA (mall location) aug 2013. We had been to the Buca in Jaxs before (june 2013) and decided to go to that one again, since our experience was good there. We had the lasagna, 1893 salad and braised beef, I had the House Red wine, a Merlot. All were cook to perfection. Our server was excellent and assisted us with selection. Augusta is just a sub par location, this could be unfortunate for the brand if it isn't resolve. The food was of poor quality and flavor. Augusta is not a better Buca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingbadexperienceDined on 3/29/2014I took a group of 10 on a Saturday night to celebrate a birthday. We had been before and then the food and service was good. Not this time. The garlic bread appetizer did not arrive, though we asked about it repeatedly, until well into the meal. The salads, which we asked for before the entries, arrived at the same time as the food. Several of the food orders were wrong. One meal (for a child) did not come out right until after we had all eaten and were ready to leave. Several of the entries were not cooked as they were described on the menu. The whole dinner was a disaster. The manager did comp the salads but it was still enough of a bad experience that we will not be going back.
- A NIGHTMARE TO RECALL.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014I ALWAYS LEAVE POSITIVE RATINGS FOR WAITRESSES AND HOSTS, SOMETIMES EVEN THE COOK WHERE i GO TO EAT. THIS BEGAN AS A DISASER, CONTINUES AS ONE BUT UPON LEAVING I MUST SAY THE EVENING MANAGER ( ERIC) ATTEMPTED TO MAKE RIGHT THE INCIDENTS THAT OCCURED. IT BEGAN WHEN WE WERE SEATED AND AS I MOVED INTO THE TABLE MY HAND WENT PLOP INTO A LARGE COLLECTION OF FOOD REMAING ON THE TABLE CLOTH. I BECAME NAUSIATED AT THAT POINT NOT SURE IF THE MESS WAS FOOD OR SNOT. THE WAITRESS (A BLONG/ CHUNKY WOMAN ABOUT 28 YEARS OLD OR SO SAID AFTER I SHOWED HER THIS, "THEY (MANAGEMENT) MUST HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE HUNGRY SO THEY LEFT SOME OF THE FOOD ON THE CLOTH TO EAT!" NO APOLOGY BUT A HIDEOUS LAUGH. IT WAS JUST OVER 25 MINUTES BEFORE SHE EVER BROUGHT THE BREAD.Special Features:
- We love the comfortable atmosphere,PeacelizDined on 3/21/2014We love the comfortable atmosphere, ample table space, and varied menu. It's always a FUN place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deb's BirthdaybadboDined on 3/20/2014Thursday March 20th we arrive at 6pm and the table was ready. Our server was great, I would be happy if we could have her every time. The food is always good and the deserts were a big hit with the kids. We had eight people including two kids and every one was happy with the selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBigfamilyDined on 3/16/2014I was part of a party of 10 and we had two 4 eat for $40 coupons, plus we ordered two extra small entrees and an extra salad. Some of the men said they were still hungry when we left (not enough dishes w/ meat). The women all were full and the food was great. We had a friendly waitress and a good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough ExperienceTeamDinnerDined on 3/14/2014We made a reservation for a large group of parents and children and were given a side room to ourselves. This was good call by management. However the food service was poor. It took over an hour to get the aops. out to us. Then getting plates cleared was a group effort we cleared our own plates to an open shelf between the courses, not enough staff clearing and serving when food started arriving. When first drinks were being served a glass of red wine was spilt by a server all over one of our group, half a glass went in her purse. An accident but all that was given for this mistake was a comp on the spilt wine and and the next glass free for that patron. Ruined dress and purse. Really tough to rate this one as a good experience.Special Features: