Buca di Beppo - Irvine
13390 Jamboree Road
Irvine, CA 92602Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 7146650800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Domingo Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you"re hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Private Party Facilities: From Buca's delicious, Italian cuisine to the fun and festive atmosphere, we know how to have a good time! Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. We can accommodate any event or budget, from business occasions to casual family affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Neda Espesor 8556209649
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Irvine
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)special occasion (32)kid-friendly (31)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)romantic (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great RestaurantShaShaDined on 8/3/2014Always a great restaurant to go to for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.hthrob1Dined on 8/3/2014The food is so good. Try everything. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUTAL EXPERIENCEmarzdogVIPDined on 7/30/2014Unfortunately, we're limited to posting a maximum of 750 characters. The service on this day from the manager and server was brutal. The manager was combative about an item ordered that was printed on their menu as not being available until after 12 noon. We were there at 1230pm and she was telling us they don't serve that item before 1pm. The server couldn't get an order of "iced tea with no lemon" correctly. That's when you know you're in for a very bad experience! On the way out, I was told that the store is closing on August 16/2014.
- Great lunchmarzdogVIPDined on 7/28/2014Sat at kitchen table; great experience! Food was delicious, service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceyumyumVIPDined on 7/26/2014Service was terrible. We have a small group with kids, food didn't arrive at the same time, some dishes didn't show up until we're almost done. Server didn't seem to care at all.Special Features:
- ClosingGottogoDined on 7/25/2014It was great but expensive. Our waiter was great but very chatty. We were not looking for entertainment. He did tell us they are closing on Aug 16, 2014. So go now if you want to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Family RestaurantBillVIPDined on 7/16/2014Buca di Beppo - Irvine is a family friendly restaurant where the food is served family style. The food is only decent (i.e. not great) but served in ample portions. Entrance to the restaurant is through the kitchen; not a good sign since the appearance of the kitchen leads one to question the quality of the food preparation. Not recommended for anything other than a family dinner.Special Features:
- Thank you Damien & RichardRegulatorsDined on 7/13/2014You guys did a terrific job! Thank you for having us, we had a fantastic time in your open kitchen seating!Special Features:
- Buca has awesome Italian foodBucaLoveDined on 7/13/2014I often go to Buca di Beppo on sunday nights with my family. We go once every few months. We even celebrated my birthday there and we had complimentary cake. I was early glad when they came out with smaller lunch portions; but wasn't particularly happy that they no longer have anchovies to go with their Caesar's salad! During our most recent visit we ordered: Caesar salad, chicken marsala, linguine frutti de mare, spicy penne arrabbiata, and margherita pizza for the kids. The ambiance is semi-dark and the interior decor on the walls are neatly arranged and very intriguing (the themes are: an assortment of photographs of Italian people/interesting sayings). This can be great a place for couples to go to and have a nice, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuccaBirthdayDined on 7/8/2014Great experience as usual. We have been going to this location for the past 4 years to celebrate birthdays and every year it gets better. My wife and kids love the friendly staff and the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday with no acknowledgementKathyDined on 7/7/2014Went there with the entire family making the reservation for husband's birthday. Even told the waiter. Nothing was said. When I said something on the way out to the guy at the front desk he said that yes they bring a small dessert for the birthday recipient and it was up to the server. However even after he said that I told him we didn't get it and he just kind of ignored me and said well he was sorry and that they usually give out a little something, but didn't offer one anything to give to my husband. Food was good. Service was very poor. Asking for lemons for our tea never came, Bread never came until we asked... The bill came really quickly though. Disappointing. Isn't it amazing how your workers have impact on your businessSpecial Features:
- Ran out of mussels, etc...CindDined on 7/6/2014Made reservations for dinner for 7:30 pm. Arrived at the restaurant a little before 7:30 and we were not seated until closer to 8:00. We wanted to order the fruti Di Mari and was told that the restaurant was out of mussels and the necessary I gradients to make the dish. So disappointed since we wanted to have fruti Di Mari for dinner. We were really surprised that the restaurant can run out of ingredients for this dish at only 8:00. We ended leaving and going some where else for dinner.
- Bad star with a good endingCindDined on 7/3/2014We had a reservation at 7:30 pm. Got seated at 7:35. No waiter/waitress until 7:50. Thought the night was going to start and end bad but luckily for us Our waitress more than made up for the lack of service at the start of the meal. She checked on us through out our meal.Special Features:
- Ok for once or twice a yearRAM0VIPDined on 6/29/2014If you want great Italian food, Bucca is not the right place; however, if you have a large group to accommodate, then Bucca is a good choice. having said this, I'd not go there more than once or twice a year. Very friendly staff, good place to hang out with family and a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experience there...MichaelHDined on 6/28/2014Let me start out by saying the food was pretty good. We were sorely disappointed by our visit: I made my reservation through Open Table, and noted in the comments that we were celebrating our son's 17th birthday. When we arrived, I told the hostess that we were celebrating a birthday, and when our server asked if we were celebrating a special occasion, we told him too. Our server was the most inattentive I've seen in a long while. He spent little time on the floor, and practically none at our table. To make matters worse, we noticed other tables where the servers gathered and sang "happy birthday," but it didn't happen for us. Our server did, however, wish my son a happy birthday when we were leaving. Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food averagewisedinerDined on 6/28/2014We were greeted warmly and our waitress was outstanding. She anticipated our needs and our order was placed correctly. Food was delivered quickly. Pasta portions were generous but veal and salmon entrees were not. Vodka sauce was too thick and not too appealing or tasty. Overall, food was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Stinks Owership ChangingRegulatorsDined on 6/26/2014Our Server "Ken" forgot refills, bread service, butter, and to apply the coupon that we printed out and gave to him at the very beginning of our dinner there.Special Features:
- SubwavyDined on 6/25/2014Food was greater than I expected. I would like to bring my group of friends for special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great for Date nightDrew442Dined on 6/22/2014Buca is always good for a fun outing. The food is always consistent and plentiful and the atmosphere enjoyable.Special Features:
- Big fan of BucaJudeDined on 6/21/2014I enjoy the family dining style aspect of Buca di Beppo and the food is excellent. The service is slews good but Merlin made it magical ( a hack joke I know).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday celebrationluv2bitalianDined on 6/21/2014We have been going to Buca di Beppo since 2001 when we arrived in Southern California. We actually had our wedding reception there in 2009. Food is always top notch, service is over the top and there is so much to look at every time you go! Being Italian myself, I see many, many pictures hanging on the walls that could possibly be relatives of mine!!! The portion sizes of the food is unbelievable, we had enough food to take home, had for dinner the next day and still some left over!!! I would highly recommend Buca di Beppo to anyone who is looking for really outstanding food, impeccable service and just an overall good time!!!Special Features:
- Not very goodTerripVIPDined on 6/18/2014Restaurant had a bad odor, like it was cleaned with dirty water. I have been to an other Buca di Beppo that was much better.
- Less than ideal serviceBeachbumDined on 6/15/2014We went on Father's Day. We were seated promptly as we had reservations. Our drinks were delivered at 2/3 full, with two or three ice cubes in each cup. We were given only three pieces of house bread. We asked for more and received an equally small partial loaf which was uncut. Our waiter then disappeared and largely ignored us. After 45 minutes of waiting, we received our food . We had no idea that, unlike the lunch portion, the chicken parmesan did not come with pasta. We had to ask three times for our drinks to be refilled and twice for take out boxes. Service was VERY slow but the table next to us (two large groups) was turned over twice while we were there. If this were my first experience, I would not return.Special Features:
- Sadly, fell far below expectationsItalianFoodFanaticDined on 6/15/2014We have been patrons of Buca's for 20 years. Unfortunately, this visit was very disappointing. Any restaurant can have an "off night", which is what we will attribute this particular visit to. We are veal fans, but this particular serving was unpalatable. Grease ran freely off of the pizza (again, we order the same thing time and time again, but they never swim in this much grease). The pasta lacked texture. However, the apple gorgonzola salad was great! This will not dissuade us from returning to Buca's, though we may not visit this particular location. Our waiter was very attentive and personable, and the manager was completely understanding. Maybe just don't visit this location on a holiday.
- Great for Big GroupsRitaLiangDined on 6/15/2014Great food for out of country guests. Very helpful for big groups. Drinks very good. Food a bit on heavy side but good if you are in the mood.Special Features:
- ProudMomDined on 6/14/2014We had my son's college graduation party there and it was fabulous. Everyone enjoyed the interactive dining experience in the Pope Room. Slight problem with getting my $10 coupon off, but Manager said he'd take care of it. Awesome experience. We wil be back for individual dining. Good food in a comfortable environment and good service! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group, Largely forgottenjessicaDined on 6/13/2014Our water was very friendly and made suggestions for our order. However, we found that he wasn't very attentive and more than once we had to get up and go find someone because we hadn't gotten a drink refill, didn't get sugar with the coffee we ordered, needed more napkins, etc. For a group of 10 people, we could have used some extra assistance and attention. We love the food, though.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMoonRyeDined on 6/8/2014This is a great place for a celebration. We all had a great time and lots of good food. Our waiter, Gil, was great. He made sure we had all we needed and checked up on us without being intrusive or annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, HUGE portionsjohn356smithDined on 6/7/2014Beware of the portion size: "small" feeds 2, "large" feeds 4! Don't miss Mussels Bianca, Baked Ziti, Zenato Valpolicella and Celebration Cake (again, beware: one "small" wedge is HUGE!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange but funRobhairDined on 6/1/2014My daughter wanted to go here for her birthday. Interesting place, food was ok. The service was excellent . We enjoyed the atmosphere .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 359 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Irvine reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2014The server was amazing! We had a surprise birthday party over the weekend! It was a blast!Special Features:
- party for 10OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Service was great at the beginning and spotty towards the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun family diningChochDined on 5/24/2014We had a group of 17, and we were seated very quickly and the servers were friendly and overall pretty quick. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining PlaceLuvItalianFoodDined on 5/23/2014Food at Buca di Beppo was great! My family and I went to Buca to celebrate our kid's college graduation, and as a group we found the ambiance, food, service just perfect for the occasion, we all found something we liked in the menu, we enjoyed our appetizers and main course. I recommend Buca for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully large dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014The food was great and the portion sizes are perfect for eating with a family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food. Generous portions. Reasonable prices. Great service. Perfect ambiance for our group which included two 3 year olds and one 8 month toddler. Will definitely be our go to place for family special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best Buca....MrsshoesVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went on Mother's Day - I know it's a busy day, but the service was beyond slow and the food came out of the kitchen lukewarm. Enjoyed the antipasti salad but the rest was so-so.
- Food was good not the receptionCzarDined on 5/10/2014When we first arrived there, they asked for the name of the party and asked us to wait. However as I observed different parties were called and led inside for their tables. I noticed our name on their computer screen was gone. First I thought it was just me; however as I waited 5 more minutes. I asked one of the receptionists (there were many). He realized that my name was actually moved but it was retrieved. Don't ask me why. That tells me they are not organized when dealing with large crowds. Good luck. Nevertheless, the food was good and I had good time there with the rest of my family. My suggestion is that if you make a reservation and they ask you to wait, you better keep your eyes on your name at all time.Special Features:
- Great for a Group or CelebrationCyndyDined on 5/10/2014Very busy place. Plan to wait and take your time eating. Food was very good. Noise level high and energetic.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The service was ok. The waiter wouldn't check up on us to see what we need it. The food was fair I have had better Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.