Buca di Beppo - Huntington Beach
7979 Center Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA 92647Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Huntington Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 7148914666x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Edgar Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you"re hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Huntington Beach
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Huntington Beach - Best Restaurants in Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley ›
Buca di Beppo - Huntington Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (56)special occasion (35)kid-friendly (30)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (12)romantic (8)great for brunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- AveragepookaDined on 9/24/2014The food was good but nothing spectacular. The tour was interesting and fun. We had to ask for a bigger table as the one we were given wasn't even close to accommodating 7 people. We were never given a wine list even though we were asked about drinks several times. We had very loud people next to us which made it difficult to carry on a conversation at our table within our family. I expected my daughter would get some kind of dessert for her 21st birthday, which her birthday is why is why we came, but never did or was it offered. I was a little disappointed.Special Features:
- Open Table Reservations are Easy!5BusybeesDined on 9/24/2014Reserving a table through open table was fast & easy. Upon arrival at Buca di Beppo, we were greeted with friendly staff who seated us immediately. The service was fast and the food was delicious. I've been to Buca di Beppo restaurants on many occasions and have always enjoyed the experience. I highly recommend this restaurant for groups of family, friends & even for a company party. Buca knows how to turn an ordinary meal into a special event. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and look forward to coming again soon. We will definitely book our reservation online because it made it so easy and there was no need to wait for a table. Open table even sent us a reminder email. It was Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner went too fast!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014They kept bringing out the next course before we were finished with the prior course. We would have appreciated a slower service, time to enjoy, talk and drink our wine. Instead we felt rushed like we needed to hurry and get out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodSlowmanDined on 9/21/2014I always enjoy dining at Buca di Beppo, both at at at Huntington Beach and Pasadena. The food is very well prepared and delicious. Hard to beat for a group even as small as three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza not kid friendlyDineoutDined on 9/14/2014We were disappointed in the pizza as out son wouldn't eat it and we all agreed it had an odd not kid friendly flavor. We stopped at McDonalds on the way home to get our son dinner. When we asked for a plain cheese pizza that's what we expected. On the other hand the baked ziti was amazing, serving size was definitely ample with leftovers to take home. The Mozzarella bread was a hit, the Ceasar salad seemed to have no dressing and the entry tour was a double thumbs down for the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lotsa FoodGManDined on 9/13/2014Menu has changed since I last visited. No longer offering Gnochi which was a favorite. The portions are large, but you can take home the leftovers if you order too much. All the pictures on the wall give the place an 50s Italian feel. Casual atmosphere. Good for a change of pace or special celebrations.Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014Our waiter, I believe his name was Dana was awesome! He made our night memorable!Special Features:
- Good food at a reasonable priceArtguyDined on 9/1/2014Service was good, but not exceptional. The food is always good at Buca di Beppo, and the prices are reasonable. Drink prices are also reasonable. The Caesar salad was pretty mundane and not up to par with the pasta dishes. Overall, very good for a chain restaurant, and the large portions are a reason to come back. Buca di Beppo is great for family dining, or dinner with a large group, but too noisy and not intimate enough for a romantic evening. If you're looking for a gourmet experience, I would go elsewhere, but if you're dining with a large group, it's a good fit.Special Features:
- Food is Outstanding!foodloversDined on 9/1/2014We had a little hiccup regarding our food coming out. But let me say the food and the apologies from the restraunt made up for it! Highly recommend this place! Great place to bring your kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday for ThreeBabalubaDined on 8/21/2014We celebrated three family members' birthdays (all within five days of each other). This has been a tradition for many years. It's a great place to go to have a good time and enjoy good food. Thank you Buca di Beppo.Special Features:
- Great family mealJamesVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great family-style meal! Service was a bit on the slow side, but no big deal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I wish there were more private rooms for big group partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupschatovasVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is amazing try the pasta with shrimp, service is excellent, is a two story building like Rome, is very family oriented. Very casual ,Special Features:
- Great service, fun, and food.Foodie4lifeDined on 8/9/2014We went on a Saturday evening and had a great time. The room was ready with no wait and fun servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumEDined on 8/3/2014The food was great and the portions were huge. The service was great our server was very attentive. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions are largeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We've been to Buca several times in the past. The food is decent. It's not "fine dining" Italian but more family style classics. When the menu says 2 people and up, really, it's at least for 4 people. You should consider this otherwise you'll have alot of leftovers or wasted salad (which obviously won't keep after the dressing has been added). The service was okay. The food took a little while on a Saturday night but at least there's bread and oil/vinegar to keep you satisfied.Special Features:
- Fun Family DinnerJakesterVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had to drag the kids here, prying the electronics out of their hands and 'forcing' them to go out for dinner. Once we got there, the unique decor (which includes nude statues that brought a lot of giggles) and the fun atmosphere loosened things up. The food was very good. We took some fun family photos - and had an overall great time. Near the end of dinner, the surly 12 year-old that didn't want to leave the house said "I want to come here again" - the ultimate compliment from a pre-teen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review Buca de BeposOCDianeDined on 7/26/2014I love this place - it's so much fun. It's not for a romantic dinner though - lots of kids early on - you might want to come later if noise bothers you. The food is very good at this price level and you definitely leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!lovetoeatDined on 7/24/2014We made a reservation for a large party and requested an area with some privacy to celebrate my daughter's graduation. Not only did they give us a private area, but we had almost the whole top floor of the restaurant to ourselves! We ordered the food ahead of time, so it was able to be delivered quickly to the party once we sat down. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, providing great service. At the end of the party, the waitress brought out dessert along with a candelabra with lit candles for my daughter to blow out, and we all sang her a graduation song to finish the celebration with a bang. Overall great service, great timing on the food delivery, very accommodating staff, and delicious food.Special Features:
- FamilyskinneemonkeyVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is one of the best places to share a family style meal. The portions are set up for families of all sizes. The variety of items available to satisfy everyone's pallet is quite vast. The prices are reasonable for the amount of food you are served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJodyviVIPDined on 7/22/2014My daughters favorite place, so for her Bday she wanted to go somewhere, where they sing and make a big deal for your Birthday. Laughed and sang to another table for there birthday, big sunday with candle, so of course all excited for when they bring the big sunday for my daughter, well we ordered it, but it came with no candle and no song. Very sad experience. But all was ok, because we sang happy birthday to her.Special Features:
- Nice BarbcudamanDined on 7/19/2014We preferred to eat in the bar, low key, great service and no need to shout to be heard!Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!!ShonmoniqueVIPDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated my birthday and it was Awesome!! I loved the song and the candelabra!! I was so full I didn't use my coupon for my free birthday Sundae!!! Who can resist the fresh bread with oil/vinegar, the Apple salad and the abundance of Entrees!! Buca has easily become my families favorite Italian Restaurant!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Your prices have risen so much that I don't think I can afford to come back.
- First TimerpaddlegirlDined on 7/12/2014We came here for dinner as a halfway point from Dana Point to The Forum for the Steely Dan concert. We had never been here before. The manager personally greeted us and also found us at our upstairs table later on to ask if we were having a good time. Food was good, atmosphere was fun. Will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- caligirlVIPDined on 7/10/2014Bucca is a fun place, good food, and lots of it. Wait service friendly and helpful. Food good, not a fancy place. Good for casual, family diningSpecial Features:
- ANDYDined on 7/3/2014Frenly and Outstanding Service. Food very good and menu easy choise.Special Features:
- MmartinDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time coming to this restaurant. Julio, our waiter was the best. He was fun to have as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodShokandoDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day...the complimentary picture was a nice touchSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I made the reservation on line for the Pope table. They state they will try to accommodate you but they do not assure it on the web site. I was very happy when I arrived and they were waiting for my group with my request. The service was great and the food was excellent. We were celebrating my nephews graduation and I can say the whole table was very happy with the restaurant choice and service.Special Features:
- Great for big groupsStavros1970Dined on 6/6/2014The family style servings at Buca di Beppo are perfect for large parties. We had 11 people and only ordered 3 items and there were still ample leftovers! Even with the big servings, the food quality is pretty good and we have always enjoyed every dish we have ordered.Special Features:
- The following 265 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Huntington Beach reviews archive.
- Wonderful ExperienceSlowmanDined on 6/1/2014Buca di Beppo has become my favorite Italian restaurant. The food is excellent and the service first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- two old guy's Birthday'slove2eatout4bdaysDined on 5/25/2014The 4 of us go out to eat every B-Day & Anniversary since 1971. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the candlabra to celebrate the special occasion. Food was good, except the waitress did NOT write down the order and brought the wrong dish to the table. She was trying to fix her mistake, and wanted to CYA herself by saying that I ordered chicken instead of the veal. She said 'I HEARD CHICKEN,' HOW COULD SHE when I EAT chicken all week and wanted Veal. I know what I said. I acquiesced and at the chicken. overall good experience except the waitress mistake.Special Features:
- Celebration.ebstusDined on 5/17/2014A Great place for a celebration. A very boisterous atmosphere, and huge portions of Food.Special Features:
- Too much foodCbuiDined on 5/16/2014Great place for large groups. Careful as over-ordering is easy. Waiters don't really warn you that you've got too much food. Review your receipt carefully as we had a coupon for 1 free small entree, we made sure the waiter took the coupon code, he acknowledged out, and still tried charging us for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexvDined on 5/11/2014Server was great, we had an issue with some cold food which the manager came by and handled it more than adequately. Everyone was nice and seemed to want to be there. As a restaurant manager myself I have to say everything seemed to run as well as it could have being as busy as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day EventEZDinerDined on 5/11/2014Family of 5, had a great time, excellent service, awesome food, took a lot of food home!Special Features:
- Very energetic and vibrantluvtocounselDined on 5/10/2014This was my first visit to the restaurant and I can truly say that it is very energetic and colorful restaurant. Definitely a great place to go for a celebration (birthday, graduation, mother's/father's day). I was pleased at how much was put in to the decoration and felt like it definitely represented the restaurant. Our food was good and the portions are incredibly large. You either have to share what you order or take lots of left overs home. Everyone in our party enjoyed what they ordered and were pleased we had gone there. The service was great and our waiter was very attentive. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- B-day CelebrationmacroladyDined on 5/10/2014We had our daughters B-day celebration in the Pope's room and allowed us to exchange dialog across the table and be heard without yelling. The dishes we ordered were very good, but would do less chicken dishes next time. Add a pizza instead. All in all a great place to dine.Special Features:
- family timeSeniaDined on 5/10/2014Had a great time with the family & the food was tasty. The servers were helpful & friendly. Loved the Idea of the post card- the restaurant had a photographer that took some pics & at the end of our meal presented us with a free post card of the pics he took & an option to purchase other pics. He was not pushy & left it up to us. We were there to celebrate mother's day & all the momies in my family enjoyed themselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.