Buca di Beppo - Houston - Speedway
5192 Buffalo Speedway
Houston, TX 77005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Houston - Speedway
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 7136652822x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Homero Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Houston - Speedway
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Houston - Speedway - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Buca di Beppo - Houston - Speedway reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (70)special occasion (46)kid-friendly (39)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (12)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- I Love Italian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing. I called in a reservation for 7:00 2 days before, and when Our group got there, we were not seated until 7:40 due to an earlier party mingling around our table. We received free appetizers due to this, however, in the future, I would not want this to happen again. I love Buca and will be going there a million more times! Great food and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent ExperienceBusinessMeetingDined on 9/3/2014The mean and experience was enjoyable. Overall, it met the expectations of why we chose to dine here. Business meeting over lunch was comfortable, convenient.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantjenbDined on 9/1/2014Visited on Labor Day. Not very busy but we showed up on the early side. Cute little rooms carved out of this restaurant that gave it a more intimate home feel. Food portions were huge. Three of us ordered pasta type dishes. All were pretty good. One ordered eggplant parmesan. Pretty good. Had a coupon and it was honored without a hassle which was nice. Overall nice timeSpecial Features:
- outofstateoutofstateDined on 8/30/2014consistently excellent food and service, waitstaff very attentive, portions generous, decor outstandingSpecial Features:
- Buca is awesome!SummerBirthdayGroupDined on 8/30/2014We took a group of 13 which included 5 children to Buca to celebrate multiple birthday's in our group. Everyone had a great time. The menu is diverse enough that the children had no problem finding something tasty to eat and of course, we adults had delicious options galore. Love, love, love the mini meatballs appetizers. The peach Bellini is my fav. The birthday song the wait staff sung to us was fun and made the evening even more special. Thanks Buca di Beppo, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alittle disappointedonefortheroadDined on 8/29/2014The place was easy to find, lots of parking, and in a good part of town. We both had the Veal Parnassian, and found it plain, not much seasoning in the sauce, and had to order noodles on the side which we found odd. We've been to the restaurant in Indianapolis and it was much better. Sorry I won't go back when I return to Houston, there are too many other places I'll try/
- Birthday dinner blahDijjerDined on 8/26/2014I went to Buca Di Beppo for my 48th birthday with my family. The waiter forgot that it was my birthday. When we asked for desert he dropped it off and kept going, without napkins or forks. One of my family members had to remind him that it was my birthday. He said, "Oh, I'll bring the candles." He brought the candles and sang the birthday song with my family, only. Two other times later in the evening other tables had birthdays with multiple waiters making noise and singing loudly happy birthday. I felt like it was a mistake choosing Buca di Beppo for my birthday dinner!Special Features:
- awesome place to share a meal:)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Buca always a great place to share a great Italian meal with family and friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!mindyDined on 8/23/2014Andy was the best waiter, so helpful and friendly. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than Olive GardenbucasdatspotDined on 8/17/2014Authentic, family style Italian cuisine that has no match when it comes to uniqueness and individuality (no two Buca's are the same), rich cultural celebration (regardless of whether or not you are Italian yourself...me being Caribbean American), atmosphere (can be very homely and calm but also lively and celebratory at the same time!), GREAT service, and above all else...GRRRRREEEAT food with awesome serving sizes for the price. Hands down the best Italian chain-restaurant in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feedmeDined on 8/16/2014The service was great as well as the food. Enjoyed meeting some relatives for dinner. Relatives really enjoyed the restaurant as well as I did.Special Features:
- Seated late for reservationNicoleDined on 8/16/2014Had a reservation for 5:15. Was seated at 5:45. Why make reservations?Special Features:
- Great Foodjennyc2002Dined on 8/14/2014This is a great place to go if you are in a large group and want try eat in a family-style setting.Special Features:
- Awesome!JontyDined on 8/12/2014This is my second time dining here both after 6 pm. I must say I had great service and delicious food! Servers are very amiable and concern with your needs. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodGmendozaDined on 8/7/2014It's not my first time going to Buca but me and my boyfriend love it and the good is great. Except this last week that we went the ladies we were sitting next to were extremly loud .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below Average for big groupsEatingOutDined on 8/3/2014I put that I would recommend this location because I have always loved Buca di Beppo and this one is close to where I live. However, the service was below average. A friend went and asked for a dessert for himself then a dessert for the honored birthday guest. Fifteen minutes after our table was cleared, our waitress just brought out his dessert then awkwardly left the table. I'm not coming back here for a special occasion/large group solely because of the poor service. However, I am not sure if this was a one time thing or if we just came on a bad night. Normally a "bad night" is when the place is packed and everyone is busy, but this was not the case for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family placeLive2eatDined on 7/26/2014I love the family style dining of this restaurant. The portions are generous and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo - always goodTexanneDined on 7/26/2014My daughter and I enjoyed our dinner at Buca di Beppo. It's a favorite. The "welcome" team - hostess or host, plus various waitstaff, greet diners warmly as they walk in the door - nice. The bread, served with balsamic vinegar in olive oil for dipping - always good. We often split a small entree (serves 2 - 3), but decided to try two dishes this time. We had Penne alla Caprese (good, basic) and Chicken Marsala (a splash of citrus flavor - unexpected, but good). Plus, we each had plenty for another meal at home. Buca di Beppo is fun in larger groups, too. Order several dishes and share, family style.Special Features:
- Yes, it has a cheesy smellTruleighblessedDined on 7/26/2014But the food's good and the place looks clean. Maybe it's the carpet?? We didn't smell it at first, but when we passed through the kitchen to get to our table, we made a right down the hallway and the smell smacked me in the nose. Then I was reminded that I'd read a review anout the cheesy smell. Anyway, my husband could not stop eating the eggplant. He loved it! The brushetta was delicious but the cheesecake was probably the worst I've ever eaten. I took another bite just to be sure, yep, I'm sure. The fettucine and spaghetti were good. All in all, food was good, portions were plenty and the wait staff was fantastic. They didn't come around and refill our waters though. I had to ask for that. One thumb up for Bucca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & fun dining experienceApierceDined on 7/25/2014We have eaten here about 6 times in the past 3 years. Food is always good and it is fun to dine family style. The portion are huge and there are several options from pasta, salads, breads, pizza, and desserts! It can be very noisy if your seated next to a large group though so try to avoid that if you want to enjoy your meal. Usually service is good but tonight our waitress was no very friendly. She did a good job getting refills & taking our order but didn't box up our leftovers which is hard to do if the table is full of dirty plates. We will go back and hopefully get a better server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerGoodEatsUSADined on 7/16/2014I'm been going to Bucca since they opened and there hasn't been a visit that wasn't good. From the food to the service. . . a great time is inevitable. Unless you are a pessimist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodWissamDined on 7/15/2014family style kitchen makes it a group kinda deal. great food, great restaurant.Special Features:
- Turning tablesDinningloverDined on 7/11/2014This place doesn't care about customer satisfaction... It's purely a money maker. The food was great, but it was over 90 degrees where we were sitting. Two separate tables asked to be moved. The waitress never checked on us, only to take orders. If the food wasn't so great I would have given it one star. It was also our first time there.Special Features:
- A fun place!PamelaVIPDined on 7/8/2014A fun place to dine. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is bright and fun. Always something to look at!Special Features:
- Overall good.DrpapakoppaDined on 7/6/2014Food came out hot. Ran out of tea and brought us water instead. One person ordered desert, but they were out. Refills of drinks was really bad, (none) I guess because they ran out. We ate our dinner on the small bread plates. Spoke with the manager, and he took the tea of the bill and gave free deserts to the table which more than made up for poor service and running out of tea. By the time everyone was done eating the meal, they brought out tea. Food was really good and portioned well. Maybe next time we will get a better wait staff. The manager made it work for us. I had recommended this place to some new friends we had met and needed this place to be good. I was worried for most of the meal but at the end everyone liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceKatyPRWomanDined on 7/5/2014Our group was running late; we called ahead and pushed our reservation up half an hour. Our table was waiting for us when we arrived. Service was great. Our waiter was a young man with a wonderful disposition. We had five kids in our party (a total of nine people), and he interacted with them so we'll. The kids loved the attention and the restaurant with all the funny pictures on the wall. The food was good; the chicken Marsala was fabulous; and we were in and out at a reasonable time! Before leaving, the assistant manager stopped by to say hello. Will definitely return with another group one day soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014The food is always great. Love trying new dishes too. I also love the idea that they send us coupons that we could use. Wait staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old BuccaBuccaloverDined on 7/4/2014You cant go bad with Bucca.Delicious, good price, will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken CacciatoreGR2014Dined on 6/25/2014I've been a big fan of Buca's since I lived in St. Paul, Minnesota almost 20 years ago. We would look for reasons to get a group together and reserve the Pope's Table. Back then, they had a Chicken Cacciatore dish on the menu that was among my favorites. This week, I had an opportunity to take my staff to dinner and an Astro's game. I asked about the Chicken Cacciatore when making the reservations and they said they would make it special for our group. It was fantastic! I was worried about whether a Houston locations would be able to provide the same experience I remember from St. Paul. They hit a home run! Too bad the Astro's couldn't follow suit. They lost to the Braves 4-0... Thanks Buca's... we'll see you next time...grSpecial Features:
- Great family style ItalianGreggDined on 6/15/2014Great place for large groups, huge portions, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodloverDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations and arrived on time and they seated us on time. The server was very nice. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrendaDined on 6/14/2014This was my first time at Buca di Beppo and it didn't disappoint. We were there celebrating my daughter graduating from High School. Although I didn't get a chance to have the lasagne the food was still good. The spaghetti with the giant meatballs and the stuffed shells was excellent! Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent (as always)BonfireDined on 6/14/2014My friend and I came in for dinner before going downtown for a show. This is one of my favorite Italian restaurants in all of Houston and I will drive out of my way to come here. As always, the food and service was excellent. I have never ordered anything on the menu that I didn't like. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Not for me.SergioDined on 6/13/2014The staff is young and unprofessional. This place is great for children not if you want a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Great place for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014This was our second visit with a group, 2 birthdays in this recent group. The smaller room groupings help the noise level and make it a more intimate setting. Servings are family style and are "large". They will usually serve more than are indicated and they are delicious. This last visit we had large Apple Gorgonzola Salad, large Lasagna, large Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, small Chicken Parmigiana and a small Fettuccine Supremo. We also had the Dolce Desert Platter that has Tiramisu, Cheesecake Double Dark Chocolate Cake and Italian Creme Cake. the meal was excellent and the service was very good. I advise reservations especially for groups, large and small.Special Features:
- Very poor service!JimmyDined on 6/1/2014Went to Buca for family birthday dinner. We experienced the absolute poorest service you could imagine. We went through 3 different wait staff, they just could not get it together. After complaining to the manager 2 different times we just gave up and really just wanted to get out of there. The manager just though a free desert would make everything better. He wasn't concerned about following up on getting service going any better. 30 minutes to get all the drinks. 45 minutes to get main course. The reservation time was 3pm. Occupancy was about 25% at best. Buca is not way it use to be. We won't be back.
- Good for a chain restaurantMexitalianDined on 5/31/2014Very busy staff so service was a bit slow getting to us when we first arrived but overall good service. Having a reservation is an excellent idea. As always food is good . Nice for special occasion. Excellent TiramasuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceliveforfoodDined on 5/27/2014Went there for the first time based on a "must go" from my boss. He was right! They took us on a tour of the kitchen and theirs even a table right in the kitchen available for reservations. The place is a maze, but awesome to look at. Their isn't an inch of empty wall space - so many pictures to look at. It looked like authentic Italian and the food tasted the same way. Blows the generic olive garden out of the water. I got the pizza - half pepperoni, half supreme. It was amazing. The waiters name was Alex and he was great. He was very informative and helpful in our deciding process and brought us samples of tea to try. He was friendly, funny, and sweet. The atmosphere is fun and great for large groups. Definitely a must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buca did it againhappydinerDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyed a 3-generation family celebration. Thankful to have made reservations and got seated right away as the waiting area was standing room only with large groups. Food was plentiful as always but also very tasty - best chicken marsala in the city! Service was timely and cooperative and helpful. Noise level was high but that was expected since most folks go there to celebrate! Will definitely be back again. Thanks.Special Features:
- The following 446 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Houston - Speedway reviews archive.
- OK for TexasStick66VIPDined on 5/14/2014I guess I should not expect much when in comes to Italian food in Texas. Food was OK, but not fantastic. I had the Linguine w/ clams...clams very small, and not really very tasty. As an Italian from NY I'm spoiled. The young lady who served me (I ate at the bar) was very nice. NAD