Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
1030 Auahi Street, Bay 1
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8085910800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gerald Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We’re open at 11am on Thanksgiving. Make your reservation today!
Join the Buca di Beppo eClub to receive special offers and discounts delivered straight to your inbox. Visit bucadibeppo.com/eclub/ and get a free Buca Small pasta just for signing up!
We look forward to seeing you! Please remember we seat complete parties only, so bring your whole group together. We allow a 15-minute grace period on your reservation. If you will arrive late, please give us a call.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (164)kid-friendly (120)special occasion (107)great for lunch (65)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (33)great for brunch (30)late-night find (27)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (1)Show More
- sharVIPDined on 10/22/2014We came for my son's birthday and there was no complimentary cake or ice cream and instead a italian soda drink which he did not like. The chicken carbonara was good but a little salty. The host staff wanted to sit us outside originally and it was a very humid day so we declined and the reason was because there was not enough staff.Special Features:
- Great Service & Foodluv2eatDined on 10/18/2014We were seated as soon as we gave them our reservation info and were immediately given a tour of the kitchen (since it was our first visit), seated and immediately waited on for drinks. The waitress made sure to explain that the portions served are made for sharing and gave us ideas for drinks. Each plate was definitely enough for two to share and was absolutely delicious. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Brandon is a gem!stajo50Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter Brandon, a Hilo native, recognized our family and was welcoming and friendly in that way that only Hawai'i natives can be. He had other tables, but it never felt like he was in a hurry or stressed. Our food was just as we expected--delicious and filling, with ample portions! The lady photographer was engaging and fun. The photos were beautiful and we ended up buying them all! We have been to Buca for Thanksgiving and we LOVE it! We will be back often to enjoy this great restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kpno97VIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was very good as usual and the small portions are more than enough for 3 people. The service was a little slow though on this visit, a little unusual as the service is normally pretty fast.Special Features:
- Good Evening for Out-of-Town GuestsNanceDined on 10/16/2014First dinner for our mainland friends' first visit to Oahu was a hit! Best dish was the chicken carbonara--the "small" portion was very filling for the four of us after salad & bread. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the meatballs in our other entree! There were many birthday celebrations that night so the atmosphere was festive. Will certainly return!Special Features:
- OKbonvivantDined on 10/12/2014Good for kids & groups. You can get many kinds of discount coupons and mileage etc. Not good for picky. .Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014My girlfriend and I are students at HPU. Every so often we splurge on a good date night. The other night we saw a movie in the ward center and fested in Boca shortly after. We were seated two minutes before our reservation and as quickly as our order was taken, the food came out. Great date night place! You'll see us again. Send a coupon!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014this restaurant was awesome, they made my husband's birthday specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time with Ono food!BAPADined on 10/9/2014Thank you for the Good Service! The spirit of the event along with the fitting ambiance made it a delightful and memorable evening. Our guest was totally surprised with the waiter's "Happy Birthday" sing-song and of the other patron's join-in of well wishes. We absolutely enjoyed the happy occasion and appreciate the restaurant's supportive participation! Thanks again!Special Features:
- kitchen table rocks!mdsvetDined on 10/7/2014Always enjoy eating here. Our server was awesome! Kitchen table never gets old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointing for the first timeMarthaMelonsVIPDined on 10/6/2014Usually we really enjoy Buca di Beppo. We made a reservation through Open Table to have an early dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. The hostess cheerfully told us that we would be seated in the bar. She led us to a table that was wet from the AC dripping on it. Only after my son made a fuss about the seats being wet, did she offer to move us to the next table. After waiting about 10 minutes, the bartender finally came over to take our order. We could overhear the staff arguing with each other about who was supposed to wait on our table. Quite unpleasant and awkward because we felt unwanted and uncomfortable in the bar to begin with. Our food was not good at all but the server didn't check on us until he brought the check.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014My group and I had a great time - food was delish! And, the service was outstanding. It was a busy day as kids were out of school and there was only one server who did a GREAT job juggling tables. We will go back again! JodySpecial Features:
- I love my buca!Solozen007Dined on 10/4/2014We eat buca often, and now I can reserve a table fast and easy! If you have not had, go asap. Order: caprese salad, apple gorgonzola salad, and fruit de mer seafood pasta. It is the best!Special Features:
- Buca's Best for Big Parties!TutuLuDined on 10/4/2014Buca di Beppo is the best for large family and work meals! Made the mistake ONCE of eating here with just a party of 3, and it was NOT enjoyable. Noise level is high and portions are ginormous, making this perfect for big groups! The servers are also very well versed in the menu and portion choices. Just make sure everyone at table is willing to share...mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuyerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014From the time we arrived we were very pleased with the service. Since we where there to celebrate a birthday the fool and service was great. Our waitress greeted with a friendly smile and welcome. Since we had been there before it was easy to order our food but the waitress also helped with the ordering. We really enjoyed the service and food. Thank you to all the staff for helping us celebrate a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!KaipoDined on 10/4/2014We had awesome service from the moment we arrived. We had a baby with us so our hostess seated us in the back area. Our waitress was really helpful and patient. The manager helped us choose the best deal for the coupons we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo always satisfiesWellnessInSightVIPDined on 9/28/2014Eating at Buca di Beppo, I expect to be satisfied and happy. I usually change the pasta, and ask that it be brought out piping hot, with extra sauce. Without exception, they are always accommodating. I was not satisfied with one of our entrees, so they asked Brian, the manager that day, and he suggested that we change it. Later, he made sure that everything was satisfactory. The associates are always checking on us to make sure that we were taken care of- whatever the situation. Brian and Diana, the other manager, always go the extra mile to make my dining experience , most enjoyable. That is why, I usually suggest Buca di Beppo, whenever anyone says "Italian". I would comment further, alas, exceeding limit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeDDined on 9/27/2014The food is good, but the noise level can be very distracting and somewhat irritating. This restaurant attracts large parties, usually celebrating special occasions, which is great. What is not so great is when these larger groups tend to be boisterous. It was unfortunate that were seated in the middle of these types of celebrations.Special Features:
- Good ValueckobayashiDined on 9/27/2014Bucca di Beppo always offers coupons, making their menu affordable! There is always enough food for everyone and we always take home leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday celebration!9nine9Dined on 9/26/2014Me and my friends went to Buca di Beppo to celebrate my birthday with dinner. The service was outstanding and the food, served family style, was not only delicious but also was enough for all of us to take some home. Our server (Frank) was very attentive and could give us good recommendations on the menu, very friendly and funny as well. Since it was my birthday he also came with a lit chandelier along with the dessert and sang me happy birthday. That was awesome! Overall the dining experience was extraordinary and I can definitely recommend anyone to go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family friendlyBrat808Dined on 9/26/2014It's a great place to have a family dinner!! Portions are interesting and filling, and lots of options. Aside from that, it's fun, great food, and our server Malia was awesome and on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ExtravaganzaRollinwthePrideDined on 9/26/2014Went to Bucca to celebrate my son's 20th Birthday. Food was EXCELLENT and Michael our server was FANTASTIC. I used the "Feed 4 for $40" promotion 4x plus purchased (1) large serving each of the Chicken Marsala & Lasagna. I also ordered (2) servings of Meatballs, but the meatballs never came to the table. No prob, since there was a lot of food any way. Maybe next time we'll order it. Definitely going back.. Only (2) areas of improvement: 1. the atmosphere is a little gawdy and (2) Restrooms need to be refreshedSpecial Features:
- thegang5003Dined on 9/25/2014very pleasant hostesses and waiters I encountered on Thursday evening, heartwarming people in their staff including their management.I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovesYummyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Very consistent on yummy and great service. Will be coming again and again.Special Features:
- Parties or Large Groups?YungVibeDined on 9/20/2014If you're looking for a place that serves delicious Italian food at Family Style Portions, then Buca's is a place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!bday46Dined on 9/13/2014My family and I had a great diner. Service was fast and the food yummy as usual. Staff was very pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GIrls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Sat in the bar for lower noise level so we could talk - which we did for hours. Delighted to find out there was a happy hour menu. Ordered caprese (only 2 slices per order so ordered 2 more plates), mini meatballs and pizza (larger than described - so we orders 3 which was too much) than a salad and desert from the regular menu. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlovedafoodDined on 9/9/2014buca di bepos food was amazing i wish i could have ate it all but i got halfway full when eating the bread i think it was the appetizers or something but their service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kitchen table rocksmdsvetDined on 9/6/2014I always ask for the kitchen table, and it always never disappoints. It was date night, and the staff treated us well. Food was the same - delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014One thing you must know when you come to Buca di Beppo is that it's family style. Even the small serving can feed at least 2 people. So order in moderation or you're gonna need a wheelchair to push you out of that place. But all and all the food is simple but delicious and the service is great! Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!KriStyLe420Dined on 9/1/2014Great food and great service. Couldn't ask for anything more... loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Round two, much betterMaximusmoDined on 9/1/2014Wow. What a difference from our first visit. Our waiter Zack was engaged and insightful. The service was speedy and correct. My daughters were very happy and cannot wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberAusieJeffDined on 8/30/2014A special treat to be hosted IN THE KITCHEN and watch how a real kitchen works. The service was outstanding , the server was friendly and helpful and contributed to the fun of the evening. The food was excellent, and on the advice of our server, we managed not to over order, so unlike most we finished all our food. The chef went out of his way to spend time chatting to us all through the evening even though he was really busy. The bill was very reasonable, which is an added bonus. Really worth a visit, and if you manage to get the only table in the kitchen, go for it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!bluwaterpyrateDined on 8/30/2014My family and I have been to Buca multiple times and they never disappoint. The food is excellent and the portions are so large that we have never left without at least 3 to go boxes. I would recommend all Italian food lovers to visit this place, whether you are local or just visiting the island. You can even reserve a table right in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We made our reservations online and took our grandchildren to a very delicious dinner. The service was outstanding. The restaurant was very noisy but we expected that. We had a excellent dining experience. We will certainly go back and also recommend Buca di Beppu to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eat.sanfordVIPDined on 8/29/2014Buca is a fun, energetic place to eat if you don't mind the close quarters and noise. The food is OK; however, a bit pricey for what you get. But what the heck, we had a nice time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JuneBugVIPDined on 8/28/2014I was surprised the patrons were taken in the back of the kitchen before sitting at the table. Kitchen was spotless (you don't see that very often), staff super friendly; and food was absolutely fantastic!!! Will definitely come back whenever I'm visiting Hawaii!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & foodDinnerFor10Dined on 8/24/2014Nice atmosphere for family/friends, good food and good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!TownieDined on 8/22/2014When a large group of us decided to get together at the last minute, Bucca easily accommodated us on a very nice table in a corner so we could all hear one another. The food came out quickly and portions were very generous. I remember a few years ago the food was so-so, and we stopped going. It has really improved! Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyGangstasmob6Dined on 8/22/2014We had our friend's themed 1930's gangsta birthday party there. So fun!!! All the staff loved to see is dressed up and went along with whatever we had planned. Great place and thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.