Buca di Beppo - Gretna
197 Westbank Expressway
Gretna, LA 70053Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Gretna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5043684395x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Gretna
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Gretna reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- coming bk oct 3tinkerbellDined on 9/21/2014every thing was fine took the server a while to bring out our greenbeans and they were hardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive/DisappointinglovestocookDined on 8/3/2014The food was definitely not great. We went for Brunch with the family and I was disappointed in the food. I think there are better choices for Italian food in New Orleans. Unfortunately there are not many choices in this area of the City. I wanted it to be Good!Special Features:
- Pleasant, tasty & fillingBigEZPoppaDined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my daughter's birthday at lunch with party of 11, including granddaughters aged 6 & 1-1/2. We were quite comfortable in cozy side dining area we had all to ourselves; especially liked the old photos covering the walls. Enjoyed variety of tasty, reasonably priced, generously portioned, "small" family dishes that were promptly served by cheerful, helpful staff. The entire staff led us in an enthusiastic rendition of Buca's "Happy Birthday", sung over this humongous brownie sundae & tall lit candelabra to everyone's delight, especially the grandkids. We left in good spirits, comfortably full & enough leftovers for a second meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!!FoodieForLifeDined on 7/14/2014I had never been to Buca di Beppo's before and I was quite pleased with the wide variety and menu selection. The ambiance was comfortable and pleasant. Staff was kind. I really enjoyed the birthday card they all signed for me and sang me Happy Birthday. I will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemleo504gyrlDined on 7/3/2014I don't usually stop around Oakwood but I saw something new there. I'm so glad I decided to try it with my family. It was like we were at our kitchen table. The next time I'm going to have to walk the food off by taking a stroll in the mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Gretna reviews archive.
- TamaraTkjacobsonDined on 6/15/2014I cannot believe Buca has been here and I,didn't know! Reliable family favorite!Special Features:
- Great experienceTonyDined on 6/15/2014I had never been to the restaurant and the decor was great the service was very good and the food was delicious I will be back for sure the portions are extremely large so go with at least a party of 4 or you will have leftovers for a weekSpecial Features:
- Family funlotsofamilyDined on 6/15/2014We had a relaxed dining experience. Family style is a fun way to share different dishes.Special Features:
- Dining with BoccaJudithDined on 6/15/2014Since we have discovered Bocca de Peppo on Thanksgiving 2013. We found a wonderful restaurant with delicious food and service. Whenever there is a family gathering I know to make reservations at Bocca. The servers are friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and they help to make Bocco"s feel as if you are dinning with old friends and family. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Enjoyed the food. Enjoyed the ambience. Would like to return at dinner to try other items.Special Features:
- Good serviceWopsaladDined on 4/11/2014Food was good. My table was visited by multiple servers. A few younger servers have the personality of a brick wall (which I consider common these days) but some servers were good and could easily hold a short conversation. Maybe some warm bread would be nice instead of cool/room temp. Pic of semi nude boys in front of urinal is kinda creepy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand SlamloloDined on 3/28/2014My visit was fantastic. Everyone enjoyed themselves and we will definitely return!Special Features:
- FantasticMommaBDined on 2/14/2014We love coming to Bucca. They have great atmosphere, lively and fun. The wait staff is very attentive. It's a great place to bring your whole family and it's also a great intimate place for two. The kitchen table is very unique. The food is authentic Italian and the meatballs are awesome! And you really should save room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We actually arrived about an hour before our res. and they were still open to sit without wait and was Valentine's Day. The food really good but my goodness how to they stay open with such large portions?!? We ending bringing home food for 2 more days. WhooshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the experience I was hoping forReviewDined on 2/14/2014Location seems to be the downfall of this establishment. I would like to believe that if it were not attached to a mall, that it would be a classier dining experience. The crowd of people seemed like your average, run of the mill group. I would have expected better for a restaurant that costs $50 for two people to cheaply dine. We ordered one entree (eggplant parmigiana), water and one beer. With an app (+$20) and drinks, we could have topped $100. The food was exceptional-- definitely not up to the price. The wait staff seemed unprofessional and, again, not the staff you would expect for the price of dining. Could have gone to Olive Garden for a better and cheaper "Italian" experience. Overall, if the price were lower, I would recommend.
- Awesome, awesome, awesome! Loved itCruz03Dined on 2/7/2014Lovely restaurant. Exceptional wait staff. Wonderful atmosphere from the second you walk through the door. We would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cardinal roomfoodie2Dined on 1/14/2014comfortable & roomy, service was great, the server we had was funny and very helpful. The chicken and eggplant parm. was outstanding...we enjoyed the experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnervacainnolaDined on 12/25/2013While on vacation, our family wanted to make reservations for Christmas. We enjoyed our meal, but with just four people felt it would be more fun with more people. We had chicken marsala, veal saltimbaco and ceasar salad. It was good, but thought a bit expensive for what we received.Special Features:
- BirthdayUglysmessDined on 12/21/2013This was not our first time visiting, but we decided to bring along two couples who have never been, and they love it! We found Bucca in Texas and my husband was excited with one opened here in New Orleans last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entree experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Ordered 3 entrees and the shrimp florentine was to less than pleasurable this time around. Very dry and bland. This dish is more pleasing to the palate at other locations. The waiter told us we would need to add salt, however, it still was not good! We ordered fettuccine sauce which helped some. Overall very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Office Outing Yet!!reinadelaoficinaDined on 12/19/2013Buca in Gretna was the host location for our department's holiday outing this year and it was everything we expected and more. The place was organized and extremely accomodating! Working in the hospitality industry, we have all learned what true service is and are very excited when we receive it in this day in age! BJ, our server, was THE BEST!! My group is still raving about him! And the food was amazing as well! Overall, this is a great place to go...for any reason! Especially if you have a large group and limited budget! We ate sooooo much and still had food to take back to our houses! It was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2013The food was good but it was a little on the salty side. Service was descent and the atmosphere was low key however this was at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian cave in French LouisianaLarsDined on 11/28/2013Spending Thanksgiving in NOLA, we ended up booking a table at this restaurant which is in Gretna, over the Mississippi bridge and away from the crowds in the city center. The restaurant was indeed quite, almost desolate, but that was probably much due to the date. The waitress was very happy to have guests and gave us some valuable tips about the local life. The restaurant itself is however well worth a visit on it's own, at least if you have any crush on the pasta homeland. The walls are just packed with pictures and displays of la bella Italia, but also have a Frank Sinatra room, a wine room with customer tagged bottles in the ceiling and much more. The food was good, and it was plenty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for groupsRiverlandGoneDined on 10/19/2013Three friends dined and loved the shared appetizer, salad, entrée and dessert. Enjoyed meeting Mr. Copeland too! This is the 3rd restaurant in the chain I've dined at and have loved all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthdayKimee109Dined on 8/5/2013We made reservations for my 31st birthday. We all meet in the bar and had drinks first. Our table was ready on time. The service was pretty good considering how many people we had. 15 to be exact. The food was great and we all had a really fun time. The only thing I would suggest is for the servers to clear the tables a lil better. Other than that everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to Bucca severalBlaineDined on 8/4/2013I've been to Bucca several times, and for some reason at some point the service ALWAYS get very slow. One time we waited about a half hour for dessert. When you order chocolate cake, I know it's not being made from scratch, so why the wait? And the place was empty. This time it was a wait for entrees. Appetizers came out quick, but entrees took forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST FOOD EVER!!!!carolDined on 8/1/2013As a military family, we loved Buca Di Beppo's in CA but this SE LA served the worst food ever. Started with Spinach/artichoke dip: thin as water & tasted horrible. Even after the HEAD Chef came to our table in street clothes to apologize for the the "new" chef's version of the dip, food worsened... Green beans: 8 beans-shriveled, overcooked & way overpriced. Saltimbocca chicken: dry, unflavored,overcooked w/overcooked ham on top & a bitter "lemon" sauce.. Spaghetti & meatballs-, canned metal sauce taste, no seasoning; overcooked & gummy noodles; unflavored, burnt meatballs. Based on the chef as well as the food's appearance, It was apparent nobody cared about customer opinion or the restaurant's reputation. Thank goodness for Olive Garden.
- Service was great up untilBlaineDined on 6/22/2013Service was great up until dessert. Took over a half hour for our desserts to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to New OrleansRiverlandGoneDined on 6/16/2013Delicious family style dining in a great unique atmosphere! I highly recommend visiting with a group (at least 4) to be able to sample more dishes at once! The custom sodas are a real treat and be sure to leave room for one of the awesome desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!mismusDined on 6/16/2013We were excited to hear about this Buca, but shocked at the location. We visited in Feb. 2013 with a party of 10 and had a great experience! Next was Father's Day with 7 of us. The restaurant was empty. Our appetizer, Calamari, came out way overcooked and without marinara. Our salad had no dressing. After trying everything, we sat for a while waiting for someone. Finally they arrived with the marinara only to take everything back. We had also ordered a pizza with our appetizer which still had not come. We considered leaving but the manager assured us they'd make it right. Not everything was perfect but it did get much better. They definitely made an effort to make us happy. I'm sure we will give it another attempt at some point.Special Features:
- happy dininglapfDined on 6/15/2013the food was excellent, the people were very welcomming and friendly. our server was christal, she was very friendly and nice. she always made sure we had refills when we needed them, and kept checking on us to see if she could get us anything else. we enjoyed this time at bucas. Thanks Lisa Flanagan and FamilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with St Rita GroupBettyDined on 6/8/2013Had a really good time and a great dinner. Know your restaurant has only been open for a few months, hope business picks up and you stay here in New Orleans area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good chain-restaurant bad locationTopshelfboozeguyDined on 5/19/2013I was disappointed with my experience. While there were 2 servers at the front no one checked for my reservation. I'm pretty sure the server was new and on his first week. This is understandable. Everyone has a first week, but he was so uncomfortable that we became uncomfortable. He also had a very casual and "street" accent that did not help with his service. Flloyd did his best after he realized that there was a wring item on our bill but he did not remember to bring our garlic bread. Luckily it was not on the bill and we did not want to make him feel even more uneasy. We've eaten at other Buca di Beppo locations before and the biggest difference was the location and the quality of workers. I wish this was in Metairie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NightbulldogDined on 5/15/2013Enjoyed the evening and food but since it is family style it was way too much. The salad alone would be enough for four and with the veal and pasta we had more than we could eat ----- when you go bring a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously DelightfulGeeBeeDined on 5/12/2013Our family thoroughly enjoyed our Mother's Day lunch, family style, at Buca's. Would highly recommend. Reservations honored and seated promptly, server friendly, food delicious. Great family atmosphere with all of the pictures and decorations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBigeater1Dined on 5/10/2013The food and service is excellent. Extremely large portions meant for sharing served family style is what makes this place unique. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time at Buca and wenola504VIPDined on 4/9/2013Third time at Buca and we had a great time! The staff still seems to be in training, but it's a new place and to be expected. I wouldn't go on a holiday when they're extra busy. The food has always been delicious and the decor is so funny and makes for great photo ops. Have a drink at the bar!Special Features:
- As usual, it was fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013As usual, it was fabulous. This was my 3rd time to Buca's and I loved it even more. The group of women with me were never there and can't wait to get back. The service was good, the ambiane exellent. Only complaint, there is not enough sauce on the pasta when served and when you ask for more, you are charged. Please make the pasta dishes a "little wetter" for us. thank youSpecial Features:
- Had a bad experience. OrderedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013Had a bad experience. Ordered large salad bowl to share and felt rushed by waitress to order entree' so did and told them not to bring till we were ready. Entree arrived at table before salad. Told them to take it back and would let them know when ready. Salad arrived and within 2-3 minutes, entrees were back out (no place on table to even put it. Again told them to take back and would let them know when ready. brought entree's back third time and said Manager would "take care of it" - never happened. The entree's were not very good and at this point very room tempature i.e. not hot. Did not even offer a desert menu, but honestly, I had enough at that point anyway. Very disappointed
- We were tired and a bit frazzledOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2013We were tired and a bit frazzled from being at a convention all day. Many in our group commented that the food was great comfort food. It was away from the hustle and bustle of the immediate downtown area and a great meal. Thank youSpecial Features: