Buca di Beppo - Greenwood
659 U.S. 31 North
Greenwood, IN 46142Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Greenwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (317) 884-2822
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Arturo Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Greenwood
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Greenwood - Best Restaurants in Greenwood ›
Buca di Beppo - Greenwood reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (31)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (17)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A wonderful experience in dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014My wife and I were very pleased with our special occasion dinner at Buca di Beppo, (30 year anniversary). I selected the restaurant and made the reservation online with "Open Table". The restaurant was not crowded in fact in was quite empty. However the service was great, the servers gave us time to look the menu over and make our decision. We had their Mozzarella Garlic bread as an appetizer and it was fantastic. For dinner we chose their "Quattro al Forno" and this dish was absolutely wonderful...! Oh and I forgot to mention the wonderful Mojitos that we had for drinks. We would definitely come back to Buca in the near future, great atmosphere and great service, what else can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls get together for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious and the portions were very generous. It was our friends birthday and the staff came to our table and sang to her. Very nice. Only negative is: The noise level is very high. We were at a round table and still hard to hear other talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrdeanDined on 10/25/2014Everything was delicious. I took my granddaughter for her birthday at her request. It was a fun experience and I will be back again, the food was great.Special Features:
- Soccer TeamNetSurfersDined on 10/25/2014We had a large group that the servers did a great job with! Food and drink came out timely, and they were very organized, efficient, and friendly!! Kudos to the entire staff!!!Special Features:
- As always... EXCELLENT!KLMALINDined on 10/24/2014My family and I have visited Bucca in 3 different states, experiencing consistency with every visit. I decided to book a table at the Greenwood, IN location for a lunch that I was having with a friend. We both live in Bloomington, IN, so it's not like this restaurant is next door! We had a fabulous lunch, with an excellent waitress (Summer was her name) and it was worth every mile we drove. The mozzarella bread was wonderful and the cheese manicotti and eggplant parmigiana were superb. They serve their pasta al dente, as it should be. I have always been able to say, "I've never had a bad meal at Bucca!" and after visiting the Greenwood restaurant, I can still honestly say that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POPE Room-too many reservationspinktulipmonkeyDined on 10/15/2014Our server was EXCELLENT, and so was our food. My son has wanted to sit in the pope room for a long time, and I made a request for his 16th birthday.We loved it! It is a FUN room to dine in. We were alerted that there was another party at 7:30 right away. Our reservation was at 6, with 10 people orginally. I had 4 people cancel. We felt very rushed, especially with a 1 year old. I have NO IDEA what we would have done if all 10 people had showed up. There would have been no way. What if we wanted coffee, dessert, or just simply visit? I don't like to eat on a time limit, especially on a special occassion. The next reservation should have been made later, or simply another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaygreatpartyDined on 10/11/2014My family celebrated my Dad's birthday. The dining staff were on the ball at the Greenwood, Indiana location. Service was top notch. It was an intimate dining atmosphere in the poster room so it wasn't loud for my dad's afternoon out. I liked for a birthday they didn't make a complete fool out of my dad, so for a birthday I would strongly consider this location, if you have had bad birthday experiences dining out.Special Features:
- Everything was Perfect! But...BlakageDined on 10/9/2014I would 100% recommend the food and the service! The food was superb! Our waiter James was perfect! But I would not recommend taking families there at all! They had photos on the wall of famous people as well as non famous people and almost all the pictures and paintings had women almost "hanging out" of their tops or I saw one photo of the Monalisa painting with here shirt off! Because of those kind of pictures I will never go back or take my family back or any business clients or partners there, ever!Special Features:
- Wife's 40thBrandonDined on 10/3/2014Had a groups of 10 celebrate my wife's birthday. Good was incredible as we ordered several entrees and shared them. Couldn't have asked for better place or experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RassDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed myself, while others in my group complained they thought it was to expensive or there were other Italian restaurants that were better. I thought the food was excellent and everyone said they were full when we left so I count it as a good job by this restaurant.Special Features:
- My familia loves Buca di Beppo!CJack71Dined on 8/24/2014We prefer to dine at Buca di Beppo for special occasions such as Mother's Day or for birthday's. We also like to bring the extended family here for supper when they visit. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is fun & comfortable. We also love the eclectic mix of decor. We have eaten here dozens of times and have never left feeling disappointed. If something isn't right, (rare occurrence) the server fixes it quickly. We love Buca di Beppo!!!Special Features:
- Mother's 70th Birthday PartyJar1234Dined on 8/23/2014I was disappointed with how the reservation worked out. I had made my initial request online 2-3 weeks prior to my mother' Birthday. I specifically request the Pope room as our party of 15 would be too large and spread out at a regular table(s). I received a call from the restaurant on the day of our reservation to see if we could move our reservation from 6:30 to 8:30. As a lot of the guests were from out of town and had long drives in front of them after dinner, this was not an option. The ultimate frustration came when I went to the restroom around 7:30, the Pope room was still empty. It was still empty when we left. Lesson learned, don't make reservations online for special request.Special Features:
- Great for GroupsCarrieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We went to Bucca to celebrate a birthday. It is a great place to go with a large group of people. Everything is family style so make sure you bring your appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere but...PastaEaterDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant is worth the experience just for the atmosphere. I love the feel of it! The food is good, but nothing special. It's difficult to order family style...I wish there was an option not to have to do that.Special Features:
- spacioushahndohDined on 8/16/2014Dinner for my 89 year young uncle, very nice and spacious (roomy). The food was delicious the menu fit anyone and the portions would feed an army plus. Although a bit noisy which I prefer in a restaurant, not a night club....I will have dinner here again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 196 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Greenwood reviews archive.
- buccaaddictDined on 7/18/2014We go to Buca often - at least a couple times a month - food consistently good; wait staff always nice, friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePearlDined on 6/7/2014We went in a large group, family style serving was great. The food was excellent and they did a fine job of helping us celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodDined on 5/30/2014It was good, just too noisy for a romantic dinner with my husband. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchINRedsFanDined on 5/24/2014I visited Buca for lunch with a small group of people after attending a college graduation nearby. I had asked around for recommendations and Buca was named. As expected, the portions were large but were delicious. We already knew we'd be taking half (or more) home. One member of my group ate pizza and said it was one of the best he's had. The restaurant was not super busy at lunchtime so I probably did not have to make reservations. One member mentioned that he'll be back because he enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Our server was super, super nice and went out of her way for us! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badFullOPastaDined on 5/11/2014The food was what we expected. Not the best in the world, but pretty good overall. Our waitress was a little devoid of personality, and that made it not quite as wonderful as it could have been. The manager was nice. It was VERY hard to find a bathroom, and when you are navigating with 3 little boys in tow, that can be an issue. The Men's room floor was very slippery and my 5 year-old slipped in there while walking in. It was a quick tumble, but could have been worse.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Mother's DayCinPINDined on 5/11/2014Everything was great. Made reservations and had an extra person show, coupon for another location taken, waitress (oh I'm sorry ... server) was great and made everything even more enjoyable, and items selected tasted great. We even had someone who needed to make selections from the glutton free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentItalianforthesoul1Dined on 5/11/2014We all picked 3 entrees and they were all good. I liked that we can try a little of everything. It was perfect. Barely any leftovers, darn it. LOL Thanks.Special Features:
- weekenddinerDined on 5/10/2014The food was cold and the service was poor even though the section we were in wasn't full.Special Features:
- Allergy ConsciousAllergyAwareDined on 5/10/2014Members of our party had peanut and citrus allergies. All the servers knew if allergens were in the dishes. As a result, our party felt safe eating the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inadequate of Timely SeatingPartyof6Dined on 5/2/2014Management was unprepared to handle a large party, even after reservations were made well in advanceof arrival. There is no seating area for families waiting, which is very hard on the elderly and parents with small children. Management did provide a free appetizer, but would rather have had a faster seating service than a free app.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for a birthday.GoodTimes1Dined on 4/29/2014There were nine of us celebrating a birthday and we all had a wonderful time. Jamie was our server and she did an outstanding job catering to our every needs. The food was excellent and such a wide variety. I highly recommend Bucco's to anyone!Special Features:
- Pope's Room Fun!BarneyWoodDined on 4/26/2014We celebrated my son's 1st communion and reserved the Pope's Room for a family dinner. It was a great time!Special Features:
- really skimpy on saucescamden4Dined on 4/20/2014The love some of the dishes at Buca, but I don't know that I'll go back. They are really skimpy on sauces. I ordered a Fra Diovalo to go and there was literally no sauce, just pasta. Very Disappointed. For any to go order you need to check it before you leave. This is the third time I've had the same problem with them. Even ordering in you have so ask for extra sauce. Skimpy. Skimpy. Skimpy. Who wants to eat plain pasta?
- Great for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014The service was great - waiters friendly and helpful - we had a group of 23 and they put us in a nice room all together - very accommodating. Food was good and portions were much larger than we expected, even though we had all been there before. Overall a very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean Restaurant and Friendly ServeAkjohnsonVIPDined on 4/6/2014We were celebrating a child's birthday. The server was very friendly, but service was a bit slow. The food was served hot, but the sauce in each dish was bland. The pasta part was good, but all 4 dishes with different sauces had little flavor. This was a party of 9 and everyone in the party made the same comment on the sauce.Special Features:
- Love me some BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014This location is typical of the chain. Friendly service, good food, huge portions, all Buca trademarks. This location lives up to the standard and what I've come to expect, and why I keep going back when I'm craving good Italian. Skip Olive Garden, go to Buca!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsTodgelDined on 4/5/2014We went to dinner with our friends before a night out dancing. The service was great! The food was great! Couldn't have asked for a better time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch with familyMapscDined on 4/5/2014This was a lovely time with family. Very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to place.Redhead77Dined on 3/29/2014When we have out of town family here we always go to Bucas. Love the Antipasto salad. We always choose Alfredo for the kids. Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedPearlDined on 3/23/2014We have been to Buca's before on several occasions and the foods has always been very good along with great service. Our evening at the Greenwood store this time was a little different. The server (Ward) was great and represented the restaurant well. The food, however, with the exception of the Chicken Saltimbocca and chopped salad, was totally unremarkable. Someone had the clams in white sauce and someone else had meatballs and pasta in marinara. Chef needs to get out his spice rack and go to work in that kitchen. The food was certainly not awful but just unremarkably bland. We will go back and try something different next time.
- Colder inside than outside....DisappointedDined on 3/22/2014Food and service good, cold air blowing on us and being ignored about the issue ruined the experience for me.Special Features:
- Worst experience everdisney25Dined on 3/22/2014Traveled 40 miles to this restaurant for our 24th Wedding Anniversary. Was seated in a room with 30 volleyball players (age 16-17) parents, and coaches. Noise level was unbelievable, could not hear my wife from across the table. One parent was up taking pictures, blocking the aisle for waitresses, taking pictures in front of tables of people trying to eat. Very rude. One table complained to the manager, who talked to the coach about the noise. Coach talked to the players but it did no good. This team should have been placed in a room by themselves. My wife and I spent $136.00, we were going to the mall afterwards for shopping but both had headaches and went straight home.
- This is a fun, vibrant restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2014This is a fun, vibrant restaurant. The photographs on the walls are very entertaining and great conversation starters if you are on a first date or celebrating a 50th anniversary! Just be prepared when you order it is family style, so every order is a lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucca'sBriHeatPipeParkDined on 3/15/2014Food is always great.....and it was again. Always noisy, just what you expect from Bucca's. We were even late for our reservation, and it was not a problem, they got us right in. LOVE THIS Place!!! We don't go enough....we need to go more!! Love it...love it...love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.