Buca di Beppo - Gaithersburg
122 Kentlands Boulevard
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 3019477346x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ron Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Gaithersburg
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
Buca di Beppo - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (59)kid-friendly (42)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (15)romantic (12)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- KatDCluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014It was extremely noisy, food was not up to par, we were told that they would bake the ravioli but they didn't and the booths are too small for six normal size people. ....we felt squished. We have been going to Bucca since it opened and we were so disappointed this time. To make matters worse we brought out-of-town guests and were embarrassed.
- Always a good placeJamesDined on 9/13/2014To go whether just for a good meal or a special occasion. Great food and good times.Special Features:
- Fun and good foodboncuisineDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy the atmosphere of Buca de beppo. It's good food and excellent service make this restaurant one of our favorites when gathering with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Kevin, our waiter, was excellent! Could have been trained in Paris...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant or Romper Room?ChuckDined on 8/22/2014The place was nearly empty, were seated next to a family with three elementary school aged kids talking at the top of their lungs. Happily, they left about 10 minutes later. It was another 10 minutes before our drink order was taken and another 5 or so before they arrived and ordered Mozzarella Caprese as an appetizer and our meals. The appetizer arrived about 15 minutes later ... 5 slices of tomato and mozzarella that should have taken a whole 2 minutes to prepare. The bread tasted like it could have been had a second life as sandpaper. The meal arrived after about an hour in. The waitress was assigned tables all over the restaurant. A couple with two small kids came in in the middle of dinner and all hell broke loose! No supervision!
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014This was our first visit and I was very impressed. The food was great and I loved the tour of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Great FoodErdocDined on 8/20/2014The service was fantastic. They went out if their way to make the meal enjoyable and stress free. Did I mention this was for a party of 20 people. They listens to all our requests and executed them personally. Out waiter was Dan. Exceptional skills. Would highly recommend this restaurant for a party or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreenTomatoDined on 8/16/2014Price getting too high considering food quantity and quality. Olive Garden would have been a much better choice.Special Features:
- Memories of family dinners pastrudydaleVIPDined on 8/15/2014The southern Italian cuisine that Buca di Beppo serves, and the schmaltzy floor to ceiling decor of gaudy colors and photographs of prominent and ordinary Italian-Americans from the 30's through the 70's are strong reminders of what life was like for any of us who grew up in either an Italian American family or neighborhood. Thick, zesty marinara sauce, savory pasta and basic red wines were always on hand when my Italian-American family gathered. Is the cuisine as good as my mom's, my aunt's, my cousin's....? No, but a very fair representation, Italian-American comfort food, without the guilt of fast food. Buca is a welcome spot for all of us who enjoyed the food, if not the crazy ambiance of an Italian-American family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner for Family!MichaelDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner there very much. There were 6 of us and we enjoyed the bread, salads, appetizers, spaghetti, pasta and pizza that we ordered. Portions were pretty huge, so we had plenty of leftovers to take home. But everything was delicious! Would go there from time to time and recommend it to friends and family members as well.Special Features:
- birthday at bucaShastaDined on 8/10/2014my family took my MIL to buca for her birthday. it was a festive evening and the kids ate well. our server was very sweet and was pretty good about keeping us in drinks/bread. we ordered dessert and the servers all sang for my MIL. only downside was they were out of the chocolate lava cake that she had wanted and so we went with the brownie sundae, which was tasty but the brownies were rock hard (may have just been frozen by the ice cream).Special Features:
- gbcaDined on 8/1/2014Delicious! Been coming here for a few years now to celebrate kids birthdays, family get togethers etc. Always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took too long to get lasagnaGustavoVIPDined on 7/29/2014Bucca is running a promotion these days: lasagna 50% off. As expected many people showed up to take advantage of the promotion (only dine-in, no take-out). Five minutes after ordering a large lasagna the waitress came to tell us that the kitchen was running behind (due to high volume) and lasagna will take longer than expected. We ended up getting half after 20 minutes and another half after we asked for the check. If you are going to run a promotion like this one, please make sure your operations can support it.Special Features:
- Bucca Gaithersburg MDRichardDined on 7/19/2014Fantastic experience. Great food, great service (Kevin). I'll be returning soon, and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodletseatDined on 7/18/2014The food and service were excellent. Only problem we had was a noisy booth next to us. But luckily they left before our appetizer arrived. I heard staff commenting on their noise as they were cleaning the booth up. I miss the good old days when a manager could have approched the booth and asked them to tone it down a bit. But all in all was a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucaMelissaDined on 7/17/2014Good for groups, but over priced. Server seemed new, got one special request right, while mixing up a few other things. We weren't too worried about it, but he sent manager over anyway to make sure we were satisfied. Unfortunately, on the way out the door we witnessed another server being a little rude to ours due to a "traffic jam". The way the halls/rooms are set up, I'm sure they happen often...Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerDJBDAYDined on 7/12/2014Made open table reservations and was seated immediately. Server was nice. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go backUnhappyDined on 7/5/2014Rude people watching soccer game made the dinner unenjoyableSpecial Features:
- jchat1Dined on 7/4/2014The food was good and hot when served. The price is also goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service decent, horrible kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/3/2014Timing of 2 small, simple pasta dishes exceeded 45 min coming out of the kitchen. Consistent problem at this location regardless of small table of 2 vs large party of 20. Servers do their best to apologize profusely, but really ruins the overall dining experience. Hadn't been back in quite a whike as a result of former, similar experiences and were really unimpressed with their bland Fetticini Alfredo. Even less impressed that it took them 50 minutes to deliver it to our table.
- AvoidWantedgoodpizzaDined on 7/3/2014If you like greasy pizza, faded moldy carpet with a strong odor, and confused waitstaff, this is the place for you! We took one bite of the pizza and promptly put it in a box to give to our teen-age neighbors, who will eat anything.Special Features:
- A OknoneDined on 6/28/2014Good food ,good fun ,and plenty to eat.. big portions..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Van55Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent food and service -- always have a consistently great meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!PpandahsDined on 6/27/2014The decorations are really disturbing especially if you are a child but the food is very good and there are really big portions. My family likes to take leftovers hope to eat the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyonePeerCoDined on 6/27/2014From a chef's menu to dishes with great sauces, B di B is a great place to go. Kids can even get a big bowl of spaghetti with a big meatball or a large portion of chicken parmesan. A very attentive and friendly staff. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- You Betcha Id Go Back to BeccaOldwazeDined on 6/26/2014Combine generous portions with true Italian taste and you'll agree its a place to plan to return to again and again. This chain seems to be consistent in its standards for excellent service atmosphere and truly good tasting food. Menu offers wide variety. Something for everyone pasta meat and fish and some uniquely prepared breads. The Italian sodas are quite good. Did I mention the generous family style portions. Affordable and family oriented I think this place is a gem for travelers and locals alike. They offer coupons online to enhance the experience. I'm not a chain gang diner but this is my exception. Here Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You Betcha Becca is Bravo with our family who takes dining out as a serious choice and a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good FunGreatVarietyVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a lovely dinner, with exceptional and attentive service. We decided to come for our anniversary and celebrate with our kids. Had the baked penne, apple gorgonzola salad, broccoli, and the Mt Vesuvius chocolate dessert. All was great though I wished the Mt Vesuvius was served hot and with a bit more raspberry for the 'eruption' component!Special Features:
- Memorable PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2014We have eaten here several times, but this was the first we ordered pizza. We really enjoyed and found us reminiscing of the type of pizza we remembered and enjoyed when we were in high and college (and that was long time ago).Special Features:
- Try The New Summer DishesShayna2Dined on 6/17/2014Buca never disappoints. Now they have introduced three new dishes for summer. We had the tricolore salad with tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado and basil which had been recommended by the waiter and the always wonderful chicken saltimbocca. I will definitely be going back to try the other new dishes. Although I usually drink the house Chianti, I tried the house Pinot Grigio which was wonderful. I love Dean Martin, Bobby Darin, and the other famous Italian singers from my era so the music there is always a treat.Special Features:
- Service and Kitchen ManagementMikeDined on 6/17/2014On occasion the service can be below average (speed of receiving food and food temperature not being hot). Sometimes ingredients are missing from the food item ordered.Special Features:
- Fun family restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014First, excellent waiter - kudos! Good lasagna... fun, reasonably priced place to bring kids and grandparents.Special Features:
- Father's Day lunchBucaRegularDined on 6/15/2014Initial problem when they tried to sit a party of 9 at a table set for 8. Rectified that ourselves by sitting down at an adjacent table set for 10. The host stand seemed to manage to adjust. All uphill from there. Great waiter with great service. We always love the food and order way to much. Great fun sharing with family and trying some dishes you wouldn't normally order for a smaller group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StacyLVIPDined on 6/9/2014For a Monday night the service was particularly slow. They weren't that busy, but we had to wait while the baked more bread and it took a long time for our main course to arrive. Our waitress was very good about keeping us apprised of what was going on, but it still took longer than it should have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no reservation at check-inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014No explanation given.They seated us anyway.Please look into this as I won't use this portal again until an explanation is give.Special Features:
- The following 336 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Gaithersburg reviews archive.
- Get together with friendTWHLDined on 5/19/2014My friend had been there before, but I have not. It was a great experience both in the dinner offerings, wine choices, and ambience. I definitely would come back again with friends and family. I would need to return as there was so much to see in the decor and to try more dishes that looked appetizing. I will encourage friends to go. I am glad that my friend suggested this place!Special Features:
- Great food!MulletHeadDined on 5/18/2014I love this place! I have been multiple times and have yet to find something that is bad. Menu is huge. Bring lots of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!!!ReallyOughtToDietDined on 5/17/2014As always, Buco came through again! Delicious Family style Italian with lots of leftovers. Whatever you do, don't get upset about the portions! Listened to one woman complain there was 'Too much food'. That's why you bring this wonderful stuff home!! Stretches what you spend into a second meal! Veal Marsala, Chicken Prosciutto and Cheese Ravioli for the three of us was excellent. And the young trainee serving us that night did a great job! Gotta love this place. Make a reservation!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day dinnerRobertDined on 5/11/2014We went with a group of 6 for Mother's Day dinner. It was nice. Our waitress was very patient and helped with questions and the food was fine. The only issue is that everything (appetizers, bread, salad and entrees) arrived at the same time. Maybe that's because they were so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother DaycccbowlerDined on 5/11/2014It was Mothers day so they had a nice crowd. We just had a weird experience this time as opposed to all the other experiences. An old lady opened the emergency door so an alarm sounded for a couple of minutes until the manager came with the key to silence it. Spaghetti and meatballs didnt come with enough sauce so twice I had to ask.for more sauce. Then I realized they charge 7.99 for it. Next time I 'll send the plate back...if ask for more they consider it a side.orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian AtmosphereBigbravioliDined on 5/11/2014This place rocks!!!!!! They treat you like family and nothing but great vibes. Our server who I forgot his name sorry was excellent!! He was very interactive with us. Definitely this place is in my top 3 restaurants!!!!!Special Features: