Buca di Beppo - Fort Union
935 East Fort Union Boulevard
Midvale, UT 84047Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Fort Union
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (801) 561-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jaime Barba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Fort Union
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Fort Union reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We requested a private secluded space for a birthday. The restaurant was not busy. Lots of open tables. We were sat next to a large party with very loud kids. Our table was one for 4 people, they added a smaller table on the end then pulled chairs up to it. I was at the end on the smaller table and was crowded by all the coats hanging right by my head. Very uncomfortable and unpleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and funItalian4LifeDined on 10/10/2014We had a large group for dinner. The food was delicious. The pace was not rushed. We had a great time and took home some great leftovers.Special Features:
- Good Food!aussie66Dined on 10/10/2014We always love our food. They accidentally gave us someones gluten free food but they still gave us the food we ordered and we did not have to pay extra. We were lucky I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the greatest serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014it wasn't a totally horrific experience, it's just that the service was slow and we didn't really get a lot of attentiveness from our serverSpecial Features:
- What a nightmare.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I was truly disappointed. The table behind us was so loud we couldn't carry on a conversation.There was no water offered until an hour after we were seated and our overpriced appetizers were served.. When we finally had to beg for water, they only brought one glass. Really people? The worst part of the night was the cappucino after dinner. The waitress brought us something that resembled grey soapy water. When I asked her for sugar, the waitress said they were out. How in the hell do you run out of sugar? When we asked if the kitchen had any she said, "Oh, I am not allowed in there" and left. How does this place stay in business. Also, who wants to look at pictures of Italian women with hairy armpits while eating dinner? This place is bad.
- Long wait with excuses...winjonesluvsfoodDined on 9/20/2014I made a reservation for 10, six weeks in advance. Rsvp was for 7pm, got there before 7 and table was not ready until 7:45. What's the point of making a reservation? After finally being seated, drink orders were taken and they took about 30 mins. The server was nice but he did keep making excuses about having new servers that he had to help which made everything we ordered late. Food was fair and because I'm not into making a reservation and waiting forever and then excuse after excuse for why orders are taking forever and food that is just 'fair', I will not recommend and won't be back.
- Very surprisedJohnVIPDined on 9/16/2014I've never been to a Buca di Beppo before and it was such a surprise. First of all, it is just PACKED with Italian memorabilia and pictures...I would have hated to be the person in charge of decorating it! However, the food was very inexpensive, yet was absolutely delicious. Great salads and pasta, the meat spaghetti was one of the best spaghetti's I've ever had...The service was friendly and attentive and made the experience that much better.Special Features:
- Great food and environmentYummyfoodieDined on 8/9/2014I went for my birthday and was very impressed. Great servers. Great food and I loved the environment my only complaint was the table was small for our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David MDavidMDined on 8/3/2014I hadn't been to Buca di Beppo in years. I decided to try it again and took the family, knowing the family-style service. The atmosphere and setting are still as great as ever with a real homey and welcoming feel. But I was a bit disappointed with the price vs quality of the food. The tomato-based sauces we ordered were a bit weak on flavor and didn't really integrate with the pasta very well. The cream-based entree with chicken was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!KatieVIPDined on 7/14/2014I have ate here a few times and loved it every time! Great food and great service!Special Features:
- MurphmomDined on 6/15/2014Food was good and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We don't live in SL County so have not experience Buca de Beppo in Utah very often, but we have eaten there in other cities when we are on vacation. It was a fun and tasty experience. I noticed a large round table there, which means I with a group of my friends will probably give that table a try. Round tables are nice for a group.Special Features:
- Great for groupsTracyBradDined on 6/5/2014With the family style servings, a group setting plays nicely here. We had a lovely graduation dinner for our son.Special Features:
- repeatedly uncomfortableridiculousDined on 6/4/2014We go here often but I can't understand why they continually try to sit a party of 15 on a table built for 10. There were 14 chairs and the hostess disappeared before we were seated. Finally I found someone to complain to and they put us in another room that was completely empty! Why not put us there in the first place? Last visit our party of 15 was put in 4 different BOOTHS. Kinda hard to eat family style this way. Impossible to converse. This was not a good time. I won't be back unless the Pope table is available. Then it's a nice time.Special Features:
- My Favorite Restaurant!!!DogwomanDined on 5/11/2014Buca di Beppo is my absolute favorite! I have always had an excellent experience each visit, and this one - although one of the busiest times I'd ever come, was really no exception. The kitchen was unusually busy, and we had some problems with a few of our menu items, the servers were running as fast as they could trying to take care of large crowds in every room...but whatever the problem or obstacle, each one was worked through and still was a wonderful experience overall. Thanks guys...we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Again!aussie66Dined on 5/2/2014I loved the taste of the food. Everything we got was so mouth watering. The waiter even took time to get the nutritional information. We will be going back as soon as we canSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Dustin was outstanding, he is an asset to your business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Keeps Getting Better!DogwomanDined on 4/20/2014I decided to let "Buca" do the cooking for me this Easter...oh, and the dishes and everything that goes with it! We made a reservation for our family late afternoon. The service was above and beyond! The food was even better than the last time we came...and the only thing I was sorry about was I couldn't eat EVERYTHING set before me! Thank you so much for making this my absolute favorite place of all! You guys are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I would like that you guys have fresh and hot breadSpecial Features:
- I <3 Buca!ItalianatheartDined on 4/20/2014My family and I love going to Buca di Beppo! Lots of food - great for leftovers as we can never finish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We had a great waitress, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- late with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014we ordered garlic bread and it didn't come out until way after the food was delivered. We were all full and had to take it home... we ordered it to go with the foodSpecial Features:
- Horrible Waitressdiner27Dined on 4/11/2014I made a reservation 4 weeks in advance for a very special occasion. I was so excited for our family to try the restaurant, almost all had never been there. Our waitress really ruined our experience. From the moment we sat done, she was rushing to get us out. I know it can be busy there but that is why i made a reservation and let the restaurant know we would be a party of 14. the food was great, but her service was awful. i am disappointed that i chose the restaurant for our special occasion because my family was not pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No category for cost. EvenBigAirDined on 4/2/2014No category for cost. Even the half meals are quite expensive for what you get. $22.99 for 3 pieces of Chicken Saltimbocca is very expensive.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Our server was by far the worst I've ever had and I go to Bucca quite often. It was my birthday and I wanted things to go right and she was just slow, and didn't really take care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Family OuttingSamiDined on 3/8/2014This was a fun night out for us before the movies. Order was taken quickly, cold food cold & Hot food hot and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a group, bring your cash.IsaacDined on 2/21/2014This place is delicious. The family style dining makes it easy to order too much food, but leftovers reheat well. I recommend coming with a group of folks who bring cash to make checking out easier (then you don't have the hassle of splitting up the check funky). I will go again, I'm sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastydreamsicleDined on 2/15/2014Since the food is meant to be shared it allowed everyone to try a sample of a few different plates, which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The prices were very good. The server came by often. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itkidthunderDined on 2/14/2014I have yet to be disappointed when dining at this restaurant. Keep up the great work and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and staff!THer45Dined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for Valentines Day and was extremely impressed. Once we were seated we were just looking at the menu and enjoying the decorations when a manager came by and asked if our server had been with us, when we replied "no" he promptly took our drink order. After he took our drinks our server came over and was completely apologetic for taking so long (which actually wasn't long at all). She was extremely polite, knowledgable, and attentive. The food was amazing and was brought to us extremely fast! At the end of our meal our server apologized for the wait again which was very kind, though it was no problem at all. Great experience with great staff. This will definitely be on our favorites list!Special Features:
- Our family greatly enjoyedxyz123Dined on 1/31/2014Our family greatly enjoyed the evening - food was great, very relaxing atmosphere and fantastic service. Well priced - great value - highly recommend.Special Features:
- Overall a good experienceLyJyMoDined on 1/11/2014Our food and the service was very good, however, I scored the service as only good because of the greeter when we arrived. We had an Open Table reservation for 5:30pm and while we were greeted politely we were not seated before two groups, larger than our group of 4, who were seated even though they arrived after we did. Only after we noted to the greeter, host that we had a reservation did he day we were next to be seated. For me that is not the way to treat the guests who have thought ahead and made a reservation. That was disappointing for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun family outingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013This is a great restaurant for families or groups. Love the fun atmosphere and for a chain, the food was actually good -- better than Olive Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesJennDined on 12/27/2013We enjoyed dinner as an extended family during our Christmas vacation. The food was wonderful and was served very quickly.. Service was great most of the meal, but once we'd been eating a little while, it lagged a bit (some of us needed drink refills). And I did have to stop two different waiters before they automatically poured water in my Sprite. The second one actually did and had to bring me a new drink, but then forgot a straw. Overall, food was delicious as expected, and it was a fun atomosphere. I'll just have to remember to order water instead of soda next time.Special Features:
- DissapointedSkeeterDined on 12/25/2013We have come to Buca the last three Christmas's and it was great. This time they were out of Calamari, which made my kids very upset that is why they want to go there. The pizza which is usually some of the best around was only ok and not worth the $30 it cost. The fettuchinni alfredo was terrible. This will be our last Christmas at Buca.Special Features:
- Worst visit to dateKenikiDined on 12/25/2013We love Buca di Beppo, we've been there several but this vist was the worst experience we've had. The veal was very chewy, the pasta was bland and the server was not very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsSavyDined on 12/20/2013The lady seating us knew it was our anniversary, yet she took us to a large table squished next to another large table- obviously meant for large groups. They tried to seat a large group next us, squishing them in next to us. We offered to move so the group could sit together, but were ignored. Then another lady came out and asked us to move. We were then placed at a booth across from an extremely large, loud, group. Several other customers asking to be moved due to the obnoxious group. They never asked the group to calm down. The chaos of the seating and the noise level ruined the romantic atmosphere. The food is excellent, though, and they did pay for our appetizer to apologize for all the disruptions, which we were impressed by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Everything taste excellent and Mr. Barba made us feel like home. Was pretty busy night but the good food made our night.Special Features:
- Bucca is great Italian family funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013Bucca is our favorite! Food is always delish! Jules is the best server too! Cannot recemend high enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.