Buca di Beppo - Encino
17500 Ventura Boulevard
Encino, CA 91316Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Encino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (818) 995-3288
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Alietti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Encino
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Encino - Best Restaurants in Encino ›
Buca di Beppo - Encino reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (40)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (25)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)romantic (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Loved the food, not so much the coffeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014It came to our attention that after having such a good experience with the food, this is not the first party I book with you we celebrated my daughter's graduation for 45 people a year ago), the tiramisu was sort of OK but the coffee was really bad a too light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionTonyRDined on 11/8/2014Perfect place for a reunion my group had. The large portions make it easy to order a few things to cover many people and there are many large tables and a nice casual ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningIrishLassDined on 11/8/2014Food is plentiful, hot, and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Good food and funJGFoodVIPDined on 11/5/2014The food here is very good and the service can be good, but when they are busy they are busy and the service shows it. They are always extremely polite and friendly just slow sometimes.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchHappyMomDined on 11/2/2014Our server Joanna made our lunch a pleasant experience providing excellent knowledge of the menu and choices along with being entertaining as well. Our party had a great time and we highly recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:
- What service?!gr8foodDined on 11/1/2014Our waiter was the worst. He cared more about socializing with his Co workers then attending his table. The worst part of it all, was that it was the Co worker that was nearby so we saw it all.Special Features:
- ehhh whatevertarzanDined on 10/30/20141st thing you notice is the overwhelming smell as soon as you walk in to the place. Its really bad. Service was excellent. Food was so so.Special Features:
- Plenty of foodItwillfillyouupDined on 10/25/2014Great food white a great service, you will be haapy and satisfied with a good qualaty Italian food, bom apetite.Special Features:
- DQ83Dined on 10/4/2014THOROUGHLY ENJOYED EVENING - - LARGE PORTIONS--EVERYON E WAS THRILLED WITH MY CHOICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4for40MEALDEALPookyDined on 9/27/2014It Was a great deal, and food was amazing. Buca is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with great service/foodJGFoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014The waiter was very nice and prompt, food was great especially the deserts - definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!echoDined on 9/25/2014My sister had a wonderful time for her birthday dinner, thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationcelebrationDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful time but ran into issues with the reservations. I had reserved a party of 10 for 6:30 (under the name Judy) and received 2 email confirmations, yet when I arrived I was told by the hostess that she just canceled our reservation because we were 45 minutes late as her reservation time showed 5:45. I even showed her the confirmation email I received which confirmed the 6:30 time slot. This was very annoying but they were able to sit us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fulfillingprettyHotnTemptingDined on 9/11/2014Food was great. More food than u can tolerate, however great for leftovers the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best food.dianeDined on 9/7/2014In general the quality of food just isn't that good. I've been there before and thought that it might be an off night for them but I guess it's mediocre all the time.. The tomato sauce on the ravioli tastes like it's from a can, the chicken was dry and over cooked in all the dishes that had chicken, and the pizza barely had any tomato sauce let alone any of the other topping and it looked like it had come out of the oven too soon.. Besides the regular bread that they bring out we had ordered garlic bread as well, we finished our calamari and our salad before we even got our order of garlic bread. How hard can it be to get the food order right?Special Features:
- Good Food, Not So Good Manager.....WinerDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent. Most of us like to dip our garlic bread in our sauce while we eat. Don't bring it so early! The server, nice guy, took our $10 off coupon, but forgot to apply it. Also forgot to charge us properly for the "4 eat for $40" promo which we ordered off the menu. The manager, when told, became argumentative. It turns out the two items can't be combined, which is common, but wasn't explained by the server. After I reminded her the $10 wasn't worth an argument she skulked away. She returned with an apology and didn't charge me for the glass of wine I drank. I appreciated it, but how much better would I have felt if she had just done it without all the contentiousness?? I like the place, but she needs better training!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesChrisDined on 8/24/2014As always we had a fantastic time. Perfect for family gatherings. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always Love Buca!puggrandmaforever2014Dined on 8/21/2014I've been coming to Buca for years. It is a must go to place to bring friends and family from out of town. The staff is always so friendly, the atmosphere happy and the food is outstanding. I have tried many dishes and have never been disappointed. I am a true fan and will remain so.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014the food was not good and they did not have several items on the menu due to a "bigger" party, afterward, they found the items when the other party did not order!!!
- Buca's Large is HUGE!!!PickledPepperDined on 8/16/2014I always enjoy dining at Buca's which is really quite a social and culinary experience, and FUN! I mostly go to the Encino location near my house, and find it hard to believe that there are 90+ other restaurants across the country with the same unusual nostalgic--and way-cool--motif. The food is really quite excellent but, like most people, we tend to over-order, not always remembering that the Buca Large platters are fit for parties of 5 to 8, while the small dishes are plenty for 3 or 4, especially if you order two Buca-Smalls plus a small salad. That said (and also because the food's so GOOD), it is easy to overspend at Buca di Beppo, though I would not say it's overpriced, especially if you know how/what to order PLUS have a coupon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but noise levelBrendeVIPDined on 8/11/2014If going on date not recommended but food ample and delish.........later moved us to quieter room but still noise level not conducive for talking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014I had a wonderful time at Buca di Beppo! For those of you who have never been, everything is served family style. The portions are HUGE. The food comes out quickly and although it may not be the best of the best, it's still very yummy. The desserts are incredible and once again, they are served family style. The decor is tacky and gaudy but that's part of the experience. It is a great location for special events/ large parties/etc. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great dinnerPhenomenalDined on 7/27/2014We went there in a group of 14 to celebrate a birthday. The food was great and it was suficient to share with everyone. Ten artichoke florentine dip was delicious. Many people in our party were there for the first time, and they thought that it was great! We will definitely come back to Celebrate another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 294 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Encino reviews archive.
- The encino resturantJag03Dined on 7/20/2014The manager and staff helped me with a surprise b-day for my daughter and it went through perfect my daughter was very happy and surprised and food was realy good all I can say is that I will go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 7/4/2014We had the green apple, walnut and Gorgonzola cheese salad which was excellent. Unfortunately the dinner went downhill from there. We had 2 pasta dishes, both were fair. The shrimp, spinach pasta had no taste, it needs seasoning. We had to add salt to it to make it palatable. The other pasta dish was a chicken, artichoke heart and sun dried tomato pasta. The white sauce was over cooked and it was too thick a bit grainy. This is the 2nd time we visited the Buca at Encino, both times were very unimpressive. We gave Encino another try since we live near by and did not want to drive to the Buca at the Universal City Walk. The food at the City Walk was a hundred times better.
- A Solid, Dependable Family StandbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014A satisfying spot for family-style Italian dining. We're multiple repeat diners of this chain, and although we suspect that, like the Roman empire, there's been a gradual general decline over the years, we seem to find ourselves returning for old favorite dishes, and a lack of any truly compelling alternatives in the area that excel in characteristics we consider important, particularly selection, quality and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful brunchuj6749Dined on 6/22/2014our family celebrated 2 birthdays & fathers day & we had the greatest desert served to all of us & we took food homeSpecial Features:
- NOT A GOOD CHEF OR RECIPESJEANDined on 6/21/2014CHICKEN MARSALE SEEMED VERY SWEET, ALMOST LIKE DESSERT AND THE TIRAMISU IS A BIG JOKE, JUST WHIPPED CREAM AND YELLOW CAKE, NO LIQUOR TASTE AND NOT LADY FINGERS, SHOULD NOT BE CALLED TIRAMISU, BIG DISSAPOINTMENT.
- happycustomerDined on 6/21/2014We had a great meal and an excellent waiter. Always enjoy an evening at Buca de BeppoSpecial Features:
- No Veal? On Father's Day?wb2liuDined on 6/15/2014Father's day and they run out of veal? They also dropped my wife's dinner and although they were quick to replace it, they at least should have offered a free desert for the inconvenience. Looks like Maria's will be getting my business for a while. Buca's been dropping the ball latelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewmiesVIPDined on 6/10/2014Seated near tables of kids literally screaming with no rest for earsSpecial Features:
- Spot onJm710Dined on 6/7/2014The food was spot-on as always! Everything was perfectly cooked and was VERY good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Prettydancer44Dined on 6/5/2014My family and I came here for my post graduation celebration and the night was just full of fun and it was just an overall good time! We have come here several times but it never gets old. Absolutely loved the experience! Wouldn't have wanted to celebrate my graduation anywhere else. Congrats Class of 2014! We did it! And thank you Buca di Beppo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialRocknReviewerDined on 5/26/2014I would recommend the lasagna with meat sauce, but the pizza was greasy. We didn't realize we were committing to purchasing glasses when someone said frozen lemonade sounded good. I wish the server would have stated that we were buying the glasses. It increased our bill by $30. We had a party of 6 and were the only ones in the room until a party of 20 was seated right behind us. If they knew a party of 20 would be arriving soon, they should have seated us at the other end of the room. The server did accommodate one of us who had an issue with the cheese on the family style salad - a separate salad was brought. When we asked for the remaining pasta dish to be packed in three containers, he put all 3 in one bag, we needed 3 bags.Special Features:
- great place and foodGeePDined on 5/24/2014The staff was the friendliest and were constantly coming to our table to ask how we were doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014I like the fact that at the beginning since i had a reservation they took our party quickly. However, we waited for our food for 45-1 hour. I had to bring this attention to the manager or who knows it would have came later than an hour. Our party was only three of us and there was other bigger parties getting their food and we kept waiting for ours. My husband was done with his fountain drink and a good waitress will bring you another one without having to tell her to bring you another refill. Overall, bad experience will never come here again.Special Features:
- Service at BucaBigdaddyfoodieDined on 5/23/2014When we first arrived the service was fine. After the large parties of ten or more started to arrived we were quickly forgotten and left wondering what happen to our server. This is not the way to treat a customer. All the food is good, loved the meat balls and pizza dishes. My family and I will most likely not return because of the service.Special Features:
- GreatSashkaDined on 5/20/2014Great restaurant good service,friendly people,good location,awesome food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSterlingTDined on 5/19/2014It's an awesome place & the food is fantastic. The service was perfectly on point & I definitely recommend going here. The portions are BIG so don't order too much & it's the perfect place for a party! go try it, you'll love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day lunch was perfect!buccaloverDined on 5/11/2014We reserved at 130 got there at 1 so we went to the bar, Joe was the best bartender. He greeted us and made us feel special. He even got us a table in the bar. He made sure we had a very good dinner, we have him a big tip. He even took a picture for us. Joe was the best! Thank you Joe and bucca di peppo, err will be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.