Buca di Beppo - Encino
17500 Ventura Boulevard
Encino, CA 91316Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Encino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8189953288x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Alietti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Encino
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Encino - Best Restaurants in Encino ›
Buca di Beppo - Encino reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)special occasion (35)kid-friendly (27)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (6)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good Food, Not So Good Manager.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent. Most of us like to dip our garlic bread in our sauce while we eat. Don't bring it so early! The server, nice guy, took our $10 off coupon, but forgot to apply it. Also forgot to charge us properly for the "4 eat for $40" promo which we ordered off the menu. The manager, when told, became argumentative. It turns out the two items can't be combined, which is common, but wasn't explained by the server. After I reminded her the $10 wasn't worth an argument she skulked away. She returned with an apology and didn't charge me for the glass of wine I drank. I appreciated it, but how much better would I have felt if she had just done it without all the contentiousness?? I like the place, but she needs better training!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesChrisDined on 8/24/2014As always we had a fantastic time. Perfect for family gatherings. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always Love Buca!puggrandmaforever2014Dined on 8/21/2014I've been coming to Buca for years. It is a must go to place to bring friends and family from out of town. The staff is always so friendly, the atmosphere happy and the food is outstanding. I have tried many dishes and have never been disappointed. I am a true fan and will remain so.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014the food was not good and they did not have several items on the menu due to a "bigger" party, afterward, they found the items when the other party did not order!!!
- Buca's Large is HUGE!!!PickledPepperDined on 8/16/2014I always enjoy dining at Buca's which is really quite a social and culinary experience, and FUN! I mostly go to the Encino location near my house, and find it hard to believe that there are 90+ other restaurants across the country with the same unusual nostalgic--and way-cool--motif. The food is really quite excellent but, like most people, we tend to over-order, not always remembering that the Buca Large platters are fit for parties of 5 to 8, while the small dishes are plenty for 3 or 4, especially if you order two Buca-Smalls plus a small salad. That said (and also because the food's so GOOD), it is easy to overspend at Buca di Beppo, though I would not say it's overpriced, especially if you know how/what to order PLUS have a coupon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but noise levelBrendeVIPDined on 8/11/2014If going on date not recommended but food ample and delish.........later moved us to quieter room but still noise level not conducive for talking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014I had a wonderful time at Buca di Beppo! For those of you who have never been, everything is served family style. The portions are HUGE. The food comes out quickly and although it may not be the best of the best, it's still very yummy. The desserts are incredible and once again, they are served family style. The decor is tacky and gaudy but that's part of the experience. It is a great location for special events/ large parties/etc. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great dinnerPhenomenalDined on 7/27/2014We went there in a group of 14 to celebrate a birthday. The food was great and it was suficient to share with everyone. Ten artichoke florentine dip was delicious. Many people in our party were there for the first time, and they thought that it was great! We will definitely come back to Celebrate another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The encino resturantJag03Dined on 7/20/2014The manager and staff helped me with a surprise b-day for my daughter and it went through perfect my daughter was very happy and surprised and food was realy good all I can say is that I will go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 7/4/2014We had the green apple, walnut and Gorgonzola cheese salad which was excellent. Unfortunately the dinner went downhill from there. We had 2 pasta dishes, both were fair. The shrimp, spinach pasta had no taste, it needs seasoning. We had to add salt to it to make it palatable. The other pasta dish was a chicken, artichoke heart and sun dried tomato pasta. The white sauce was over cooked and it was too thick a bit grainy. This is the 2nd time we visited the Buca at Encino, both times were very unimpressive. We gave Encino another try since we live near by and did not want to drive to the Buca at the Universal City Walk. The food at the City Walk was a hundred times better.
- A Solid, Dependable Family StandbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014A satisfying spot for family-style Italian dining. We're multiple repeat diners of this chain, and although we suspect that, like the Roman empire, there's been a gradual general decline over the years, we seem to find ourselves returning for old favorite dishes, and a lack of any truly compelling alternatives in the area that excel in characteristics we consider important, particularly selection, quality and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful brunchuj6749Dined on 6/22/2014our family celebrated 2 birthdays & fathers day & we had the greatest desert served to all of us & we took food homeSpecial Features:
- NOT A GOOD CHEF OR RECIPESJEANDined on 6/21/2014CHICKEN MARSALE SEEMED VERY SWEET, ALMOST LIKE DESSERT AND THE TIRAMISU IS A BIG JOKE, JUST WHIPPED CREAM AND YELLOW CAKE, NO LIQUOR TASTE AND NOT LADY FINGERS, SHOULD NOT BE CALLED TIRAMISU, BIG DISSAPOINTMENT.
- happycustomerDined on 6/21/2014We had a great meal and an excellent waiter. Always enjoy an evening at Buca de BeppoSpecial Features:
- No Veal? On Father's Day?wb2liuDined on 6/15/2014Father's day and they run out of veal? They also dropped my wife's dinner and although they were quick to replace it, they at least should have offered a free desert for the inconvenience. Looks like Maria's will be getting my business for a while. Buca's been dropping the ball latelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewmiesVIPDined on 6/10/2014Seated near tables of kids literally screaming with no rest for earsSpecial Features:
- Spot onJm710Dined on 6/7/2014The food was spot-on as always! Everything was perfectly cooked and was VERY good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Prettydancer44Dined on 6/5/2014My family and I came here for my post graduation celebration and the night was just full of fun and it was just an overall good time! We have come here several times but it never gets old. Absolutely loved the experience! Wouldn't have wanted to celebrate my graduation anywhere else. Congrats Class of 2014! We did it! And thank you Buca di Beppo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialRocknReviewerDined on 5/26/2014I would recommend the lasagna with meat sauce, but the pizza was greasy. We didn't realize we were committing to purchasing glasses when someone said frozen lemonade sounded good. I wish the server would have stated that we were buying the glasses. It increased our bill by $30. We had a party of 6 and were the only ones in the room until a party of 20 was seated right behind us. If they knew a party of 20 would be arriving soon, they should have seated us at the other end of the room. The server did accommodate one of us who had an issue with the cheese on the family style salad - a separate salad was brought. When we asked for the remaining pasta dish to be packed in three containers, he put all 3 in one bag, we needed 3 bags.Special Features:
- great place and foodGeePDined on 5/24/2014The staff was the friendliest and were constantly coming to our table to ask how we were doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014I like the fact that at the beginning since i had a reservation they took our party quickly. However, we waited for our food for 45-1 hour. I had to bring this attention to the manager or who knows it would have came later than an hour. Our party was only three of us and there was other bigger parties getting their food and we kept waiting for ours. My husband was done with his fountain drink and a good waitress will bring you another one without having to tell her to bring you another refill. Overall, bad experience will never come here again.Special Features:
- Service at BucaBigdaddyfoodieDined on 5/23/2014When we first arrived the service was fine. After the large parties of ten or more started to arrived we were quickly forgotten and left wondering what happen to our server. This is not the way to treat a customer. All the food is good, loved the meat balls and pizza dishes. My family and I will most likely not return because of the service.Special Features:
- GreatSashkaDined on 5/20/2014Great restaurant good service,friendly people,good location,awesome food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSterlingTDined on 5/19/2014It's an awesome place & the food is fantastic. The service was perfectly on point & I definitely recommend going here. The portions are BIG so don't order too much & it's the perfect place for a party! go try it, you'll love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day lunch was perfect!buccaloverDined on 5/11/2014We reserved at 130 got there at 1 so we went to the bar, Joe was the best bartender. He greeted us and made us feel special. He even got us a table in the bar. He made sure we had a very good dinner, we have him a big tip. He even took a picture for us. Joe was the best! Thank you Joe and bucca di peppo, err will be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo First VisitBuca1Dined on 5/11/2014We visited on Mother's Day.Overall, as we expected, food is very good,our server - a big guy in the bar area- was really accomodating and very nice.The only we dont like was initially they placed us at the Kitchen Table, it is literally in front of their kitchen.It was hot there.Then I spoke to the person who is at the receiving counter, I dont know if she was the Manager, whotold us that we got the table because of reserving online.Really? I believe it's the restaurant who assigns the seat. There is no option like that online. she even told me not to do online reservations again.Then we have no choice.the lady was telling us there is no other available table.Then one server said there is one in the bar.Then we got seated.Food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsElleJDined on 5/10/2014The food never disappoints and there is always leftovers for later or lunch the next day. For the most part, service is usually on point. Never a hassle with prior reservations.Special Features:
- The following 275 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Encino reviews archive.
- Do not go to Bucca in Encino!!! IMermaid21StarfishDined on 5/3/2014I have eaten here before,celebrated many birthday parties and was extremely disappointed on my last visit. I booked the reservation on line .They tried to sit us in the bar. It took over one hour and a half for our food to come out and when it did only a couple of us got our entrée, the rest came every ten minute. I am not sure what happened in the kitchen, if the server forgot to put our order in or what. The Manager approached us with a serious attitude as we were inconveniencing her and did not want to hear it. Needless to say I will not be going back to this location.Special Features:
- Buca di Beppo Reviewbucafan1Dined on 4/23/2014It's a fun experience. The food is good and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud & food not so tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2014I've been to BDB many times. This last time the food came out either undercooked, unseasoned, or cold. It was so loud in the restaurant that we had to yell to hear each other. Our 3 kids couldn't handle how loud it was. If there was a "way too loud" choice I would've picked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJiarkojayDined on 4/10/2014I made a reservation online to celebrate our wedding anniversary with my 2 babies & mother-in-law. Good thing there's a reservation online. It's easier & faster. We were 20-minute late when we arrived, but the staff didn't mind and set the table in a kid-friendly area. Their service is excellent, even the foods are scrumptious, plus we had a free dessert because I'm receiving promos in email. We're planning to go back and dine in again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014My wife took me to celebrate my birthday and the food, the service and the place was a 5 Star. I will recommend everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good and thereDodieCDined on 3/8/2014The food is good and there is lots of it! It's a fun place to take out of town visitors and the bigger the group the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server should be shown the doormikieDined on 3/2/2014Been to the restaurant many times before with great experiences. This time our experience was not as we expected due to a server with an attitude. The server was ignorant of the menu special that was emailed to us via the corporate marketing advertising campaign. She kept on denying the special existed until verified by management. She refused to allow our two parties to have separate checks. Her attitude did not belong in any restaurant. It will be a while before we consider returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodEnjoyed2muchDined on 2/20/2014Have an appetite when you go the food is plenty and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winging it on VDaybel13veDined on 2/14/2014Throughout the night we had been going from restaurant to restaurant trying to dine at a place that was inviting. It was my first time there and I absolutely loved the environment and food! Not to mention our waiter was super nice and energetic! We were accommodated to the fullest and I really appreciated that. We will definitely be back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst BehaviorJdot23Dined on 2/14/2014Manny the waiter was horrible. We ordered cheesy garlic bread and saw at least 5 tables get their entrees prior to our appetizer. Don't get me wrong, I know it's busy, but acknowledging your tables and apologizing for the wait is the common thing to do. Once the food came out, they didn't even know what table it belonged to. When we did get the good finally we had no silverware. Spoke to the manager who said she would take care of us, but failed to come back to check how we were doing the rest of the night. Worst experience.
- 1st timeSaulDined on 2/14/2014It was our first time going there the hostess was very friendly and the waiter was very good. Only down side was the one hour wait fir our food, but it was very busy so I guess I understand. Portions are very generous definitely going back to try other dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Specialladybug08Dined on 2/14/2014Perfect night. There was no wait AT ALL. Just gave our reservation information and were seated immediately. Something not only i but my boyfriend (who hates waiting) loved. Would definitley eat there again.Special Features:
- Perfect Night In ItalyJd052908Dined on 2/14/2014It was an absolute pleasure dining here for Valentines Day! We talked and drank wine for hours and the mood was perfect. Never did we stop gettingthe waiters attention, he waited on us when it was appropriate without being too pushy. Overall it was a wonderful date and perfect for me and my wife!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.