Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie
7711 Mitchell Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 9529349463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Armando Ruiz-Corrales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (50)special occasion (35)kid-friendly (34)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (12)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I love the food and it has never increased in quality. That being said, my ONLY complaint is that it's starting to lose its class. Though, I suppose that's to get more casual customers in. I liked thinking of this place as somewhere you dress up at least a little for. A place for special occasions, as in a date or large family/friend gathering. It's not a complaint that really changes anything about the food, service, etc... It's still amazing as ever. It just seems to be getting cheaper feeling, considering how much it ISN'T a cheap restaurant (which is NOT negative). I still love it. Just picking at the atmosphere I used to know...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with kids!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 7 (adults and kids). Server was excellent! Food was great! We ordered three small pastas and a small pizza. This was more than enough food for us. The tiramisu is amazing! Kids enjoyed the collasal sundae.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place makes us happy!newenglander2012Dined on 8/30/2014We brought our family from out of town here and no one walked away hungry (plus we had leftovers). Very attentive service, good food and great Italian atmosphere. Had the apple-gorgonzola salad, chicken limon and chicken parm, spaghetti/meatballs. Salad very fresh, red sauce authentic and the meatballs were substantial - half is enough for one serving. Try the chocolate cake for dessert - so rich it's enough for four people. This place makes up happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday Place!AnnieMDined on 8/29/2014Had a group of 11; For a Friday night it was quiet, but it was Labor Day Weekend, so I'm guessing lots of Minnesotans were "at the lake". It wasn't too noisy, they of course sang to the birthday girl, and we enjoyed great food. AND lots of yummy leftovers!Special Features:
- jackspratDined on 8/23/2014Wasn't impressed with the food, part of our take home food was missing. Walls were to busy, to many pictures.
- mmmmmmmmmshaner51Dined on 8/15/2014If ya like pasta and ya like big portions you have to eat here. Food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014I had a great experiences at any Buccas because of the people I am with and the dining experience. The food is always awesome; favorites are their house salad with the roasted peppers, chicken marsala, and the clam linguine. The baked rigatoni, the pasta was too hard and the sauce too cold. This last experience at Bucca's we sat at a round table (12 people in our party) and in the middle of the table was a bust of the Pope in a plastic case. I could not understand why there was this big centerpiece at a round table. It was annoying (nothing against the Pope) but you could not see the people across the table. It was big and obnoxious. Otherwise the experience was excellent and will definitely go back!!! All employees are awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun birthday dinnerPollyannaDined on 8/2/2014Our family was celebrating a birthday and enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. A little loud for quiet conversation, but certainly festive!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Great experience, food was perfect, service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Weird WaiterNoThanksWeirdWaiterDined on 8/1/2014The experience, food, quality of everything was great. The damper on the night was our weird waiter! He made several inappropriate jokes about my brother and I (he thought we were a couple) and even after we told him we weren't the jokes kept coming!Special Features:
- Been in the Famiglia since the openRichHervieuxDined on 7/12/2014I have been going to Buca since they opened. May I suggest any salad, Mussels Marinara, Linguine with red clam sauce, and any chicken dish. I hear the veal is to die for, but socially, I will not eat veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good.UseYourNogginDined on 7/12/2014We had 4 adults and an almost-two-year-old. We were placed in a roomy corner booth, so plenty of space for the booster seat and the diaper bag, toys, etc. that always seem to accompany small children. Bread came right away, so that kept the little one going until the main courses came. We had tiramisu and double chocolate cake for dessert -- my granddaughter got an utter look of bliss on her face when tasting the cake, then several 'Yums' came out; I totally agree with her on that chocolate cake. My son is a great fan of the tiramisu here, calling in one of the best he's had (and he orders it at almost every restaurant that has it). Very nice family dinner, and ambiance was great for that.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenDinerDined on 7/6/2014Have been there several times -- always a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicetedarinoinmnDined on 7/5/2014We went with my parents and all seven of us really enjoyed our food and overall time. The waitress slightly spilled some wine and more than made up for it by bringing another bottle and taking it off the bill. Service like this is very appreciated. The food was good and the kids really enjoy the mussels.Special Features:
- Don't get the garlic mash potatoes!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We used to love the garlic mashed potatoes and always got them, kind of weird, pasta and mashed potatoes? Anyway they were TASTELESS. We told our waiter they were awful, he immediately took what was left back, told us we didn't have to pay for them and admitted they changed the recipe and he didn't like them as we'll either. Great service and immediate action...just bad potatoes.Special Features:
- Like eating at Grandma's homefun4dafamilyDined on 6/15/2014Truly a wonderful delight. Felt like I was kid back in Brooklyn NY at my grandmother's house in Bensonhurst. She came from Barrie Italy and the cooking is markedly close to her's. Both the lasagna and meatballs are to die for. The house Chianti is also a treat with the cheesy garlic bread.Special Features:
- Buca has changed.danimarieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Used to be a big fan, after today may not be back. Over the years it has slowly declined. Today got the mashed potatoes-been a favorite of ours for years-they have changed the recipe. TERRIBLE. We asked about the change and confirmed they had changed it and there have been other complaints. He said he would tell the manager but the manager never came, never offered to take it off the bill. I do not get the logic of going from a recipe that was popular to what they gave us. They are the worst mashed potatoes I have ever had in a restaurant. The person who made the decision must have no tastebuds. They better rethink this. I can't get over how they could ruin something that was so good in such a huge way. Absolute fail Buca.
- Not the Same BucaWhyDoINeedaNicknameDined on 6/7/2014Buca has gone cheap with its food. (Not in prices though.) It's obvious the chain is cutting corners to save money. For example, the once delicious garlic mashed red potatoes are now instant potatoes with no garlic. It's still an ok place for large groups but overall the food is not good. What a disappointment.Special Features:
- Friday at 6:00 pmDavetheDinerDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good as usual. It was quiet for Friday night (early June), but that made it comfortable for conversation around a table of five. Service was attentive. I thought the prices were higher than what I remember (it's been a while) --- we spent $50 per person with two rounds of beer/wine, a round of appetizers and one desert shared by the whole group.Special Features:
- Fun family/group dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014We dined at Buca for my daughters birthday. She wanted Italian and mentioned Olive Garden, to which I quickly said, how about somewhere nicer. So we decided on Buca for the group dining option and fun. Great variety on the menu so it was hard to choose what to order. It was all very good, not out of this world but very good. We had great service too!Special Features:
- Always great for kidsDaveVIPDined on 5/28/2014Kids love it and the staff are always understanding and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy by barJeanCDined on 5/24/2014My family and I were in a large booth by the bar and about every 5-10 minutes, the bartender would throw a glass bottle into the trash. The sound of glass htting glass each time was ear-popping loud. Definitly not the quiet, warm atmosphre we're used to at Buca di Beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie reviews archive.
- KLMeckVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our server made the experience truly wonderful and memorable! Sat at the Chef's table in the kitchen
- Decent experienceWILLDINEDined on 5/13/2014We always enjoyed eating at Buca. Waitress was enquiring about our food and if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Service wasn't so great this time. We've dined at buca many times & have never been disappointed. Server named Rowdy brought kids dinner before our salad. He claimed the kitchen was at fault. It wasn't very busy at the time, so I doubt that. We will still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticDonaldDined on 5/9/2014as always, the food was great. the employees are always friendly and caringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Buca fault but...CindyDVIPDined on 5/3/2014A strange thing happened while we were eating dinner at Buca recently. There was a gas leak so they had to evacuate the restaurant. When we went back inside, there was a lot of confusion about what was going on and what could be served for food. We had just finished our salads and were waiting for our entree. When the waiter came back, only part of order could be served so we made the decision to leave and go somewhere else. While they were very nice, they did not offer to pick up what we had already had (just drinks and salads) until we asked. After all, we could have just left when we were sent outside (which is what I think many people did!) Also, they did not offer a coupon or anything for future dining.Special Features:
- Buca's BlastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Took my 8th grade class to Buca's during our class trip. We had a great time! Manager took students on a behind the scenes tour of the restaurant, servers were helpful and spirited - asked kids to join them to sing happy birthday to another table:) and cheered the students on in a giant dessert eating contest! Food was great, too! We all walked away stuffed and happy.Special Features:
- FUNOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014We went to Buca's to celebrate a family birthday which included a lot of different ages. It was perfect. The staff was fun and had a group of HS kids come and sing Happy Birthday. Cute....The food is served family style which works when you have a large group. We all said that we wanted to come back for our Birthday dinners! The food was great also. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful... 100% Buca!live2eatDined on 4/25/2014We stopped Friday night for dinner with a friend and had a great time. The food was amazing, staff was helpful and fun and the atmosphere entertaining. We will be back!Special Features:
- Our dining experience at BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The food was excellent. I asked for some tiramisu to bring home for later, and they gave me an entire PIE! Still snacking on it. Our waiter was courteous, friendly, knowledgeable about the food, and nice. We did not feel rushed when we ate, and the restaurant was clean and inviting. We have eaten there before, and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringDINNEROUTDined on 4/18/2014Our family likes the family style Italian feasts. Something for all ages and tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family StyleEatCleanDined on 4/11/2014This is a great place when you need a good hearty meal for a group. They were very accommodating and served us quickly. The service staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and good foodCharmed9Dined on 4/5/2014We were a group of six and ordered the Apple Gorgonzola Salad, Calamari, Cheese Bread, Baked Rigatoni, and Chicken Marsala. All of it was absolutely delicious especially the salad and Marsala. I would definitely order both of those items again especially for our non-pasta diners. We had leftovers, but it felt like the right amount of food to order so everyone was able to try everything and the amount left was not ridiculous. Our waitress helped divvy it up into containers so that we all had a little of something we wanted.Special Features:
- now I rememberdonnybaseballVIPDined on 4/4/2014Buca is a good family place. Portions are large which is a positive, however the quality of the food was extremely disappointing. The Ziti was bland, the sauce was made with velveeta I swear, no flavor whatsoever.. The Caesar salad was very good.. too many kids running around the restaurant. Very surprised that parents let their kids do that. .Special Features:
- just okayelkfamDined on 3/23/2014The food was just ok. The service was just okay. The prices were higher compared with the quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- Very little sauce.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Everything was great except there was hardly any sauce on the pasta. We order three large pasta dishes and they had very little sauce on any of them. We asked for extra and the brought us 2 small bowels of sauce? Felt like we paid 20 some $ for a bowel of noodles! Would not order pasta again. Mussels were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food, not the tableChristySVIPDined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed the food and the service was great. The only complaint I have is that the table where we were sitting was on a hallway so there were quite a few people walking by very close to some of our seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 12 loved it!MLBrownDined on 3/9/2014We had a special occasion to celebrate, great seating at a round table, and enjoyed a fabulous dinner family-style. The service was great and everyone loved it...we'll be back! Wouldn't change a thing!Special Features:
- Great spot!MareDined on 3/7/2014We had a wonderful time. Food was delicious except that the our penne vodka was super spicy which was hard for my kids to eat. The tomato sauce was the tastiest I have EVER had in a restaurant. Our server didn't seem that interested in us - we had to ask fir bread (everyone else got it automatically) and she didn't bring us extra napkins (we had children with us) and that made the night less enjoyable. I would highly recommend and come back myself. The food was worth it for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.