Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie
7711 Mitchell Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (952) 934-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Armando Ruiz-Corrales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (52)special occasion (34)kid-friendly (31)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (11)romantic (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Very disappointed with the food. We have had many good experiences at Buca, but this was not one of them. Pizza came out barely warm, as well as the pasta dishes. Most likely will not return. Also, very poor value for your $.
- Perfect for Special GroupingsArtJDined on 11/13/2014At Buca's the food is great and you never feel rushed. Great for when you have a group that you haven't seen for a while and you want to catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014It was quiet due to the weather, but our server was friendly and helpful. We didn't feel rushed and the food was tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Collin was great!ShawnDined on 11/9/2014Our server, Collin, was great! Our group is very A.D.H.D. for a bunch of adults. Squirrel! He handled it quite well! The food was great! Of course we got too much but leftovers are always welcome! We had a great time!Special Features:
- BUCA is not the same30andholdingDined on 11/7/2014We used to dine at BUCA more frequently. It has lost the initial luster for us....maybe we went too often. It's been months since our last visit and that didn't help. Matter of fact we were a little disappointed. The margaritas were different than we recall and not as good. The garlic cheese bread has been different for a long time.....and not as good as the original stuff. Our spicy rigatoni was OK. The garlic mashed potatoes were nasty!!! I would compare them to wallpaper paste. They used to be so wonderful. The anti pasta salad was the redeeming glory of the evening. Good as always!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time PatronhotplateDined on 11/2/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Buca over the years. We love the fun, somewhat unusual decor and "we are family" atmosphere. The food is good. Food value is good. We will be back on a special occasion sometime in the future.Special Features:
- Been BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014We've been to Bucca many times over the years. The food was not as flavorful or as good as it has been in the past. Meatballs were smaller than usual and very bland, like just hambuger and no italian sausage or seasonings mixed in, spaghetti needed more marinara sauce, the chicken marsala flavor was also bland. Not the best we've had.Special Features:
- Buca's on a Sat. nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Service was good and friendly, food was excellent. Kitchen backed up, but that is to be expected on a Sat. night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 10/23/2014Food was delicious and service was top notch! Everyone in the place seemed to be having a great time! Definitely a hot spot and worth a return visit!Special Features:
- Excellent! !LoriDined on 10/22/2014We ate at Bucca for my sons.27th birthday. We had excellent service and food! What a great place to have a party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for friends to hang outkgriffinMplsDined on 10/3/2014We made our reservations last minute, and glad we did. We hung out with friends, had some wine, and more pasta than we could eat! We'd do it again.Special Features:
- A on food, D on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Our entree was delicious! Bummed that we got our appetizer of cheesy garlic bread AFTER our entree. Our server was slow and not very accommodating to us. Felt like we were overlooked most of our time there.Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmosphereQuiltbobbinDined on 9/26/2014Food was fabulous; we lived in Italy for 3 years and this was as good as any I had there. It has a fun, eclectic atmosphere with friendly service. Everywhere you look you will see something new, from pictures of Italian celebrities, Italian scenes to gargoyles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HectorDined on 9/21/2014Our family LOVES BUCA's. Great food, great locations and friendly staff that make great dining recommendations.Special Features:
- Fun place!Steveofoto1VIPDined on 9/19/2014We always enjoy this restaurant. Very accommodating to kids and groups. Food is generally tasty and filling. Veal Saltimbocca, one of our favorites, is generally quite good. On this occasion, a bit chewy and tasting over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great, but...JoJoe86Dined on 9/13/2014I love the food and it has never increased in quality. That being said, my ONLY complaint is that it's starting to lose its class. Though, I suppose that's to get more casual customers in. I liked thinking of this place as somewhere you dress up at least a little for. A place for special occasions, as in a date or large family/friend gathering. It's not a complaint that really changes anything about the food, service, etc... It's still amazing as ever. It just seems to be getting cheaper feeling, considering how much it ISN'T a cheap restaurant (which is NOT negative). I still love it. Just picking at the atmosphere I used to know...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with kids!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 7 (adults and kids). Server was excellent! Food was great! We ordered three small pastas and a small pizza. This was more than enough food for us. The tiramisu is amazing! Kids enjoyed the collasal sundae.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place makes us happy!newenglander2012Dined on 8/30/2014We brought our family from out of town here and no one walked away hungry (plus we had leftovers). Very attentive service, good food and great Italian atmosphere. Had the apple-gorgonzola salad, chicken limon and chicken parm, spaghetti/meatballs. Salad very fresh, red sauce authentic and the meatballs were substantial - half is enough for one serving. Try the chocolate cake for dessert - so rich it's enough for four people. This place makes up happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday Place!AnnieMDined on 8/29/2014Had a group of 11; For a Friday night it was quiet, but it was Labor Day Weekend, so I'm guessing lots of Minnesotans were "at the lake". It wasn't too noisy, they of course sang to the birthday girl, and we enjoyed great food. AND lots of yummy leftovers!Special Features:
- jackspratDined on 8/23/2014Wasn't impressed with the food, part of our take home food was missing. Walls were to busy, to many pictures.
- mmmmmmmmmshaner51Dined on 8/15/2014If ya like pasta and ya like big portions you have to eat here. Food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014I had a great experiences at any Buccas because of the people I am with and the dining experience. The food is always awesome; favorites are their house salad with the roasted peppers, chicken marsala, and the clam linguine. The baked rigatoni, the pasta was too hard and the sauce too cold. This last experience at Bucca's we sat at a round table (12 people in our party) and in the middle of the table was a bust of the Pope in a plastic case. I could not understand why there was this big centerpiece at a round table. It was annoying (nothing against the Pope) but you could not see the people across the table. It was big and obnoxious. Otherwise the experience was excellent and will definitely go back!!! All employees are awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun birthday dinnerPollyannaDined on 8/2/2014Our family was celebrating a birthday and enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. A little loud for quiet conversation, but certainly festive!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Great experience, food was perfect, service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Weird WaiterNoThanksWeirdWaiterDined on 8/1/2014The experience, food, quality of everything was great. The damper on the night was our weird waiter! He made several inappropriate jokes about my brother and I (he thought we were a couple) and even after we told him we weren't the jokes kept coming!Special Features:
- The following 358 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Eden Prairie reviews archive.
- Been in the Famiglia since the openRichHervieuxDined on 7/12/2014I have been going to Buca since they opened. May I suggest any salad, Mussels Marinara, Linguine with red clam sauce, and any chicken dish. I hear the veal is to die for, but socially, I will not eat veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good.UseYourNogginDined on 7/12/2014We had 4 adults and an almost-two-year-old. We were placed in a roomy corner booth, so plenty of space for the booster seat and the diaper bag, toys, etc. that always seem to accompany small children. Bread came right away, so that kept the little one going until the main courses came. We had tiramisu and double chocolate cake for dessert -- my granddaughter got an utter look of bliss on her face when tasting the cake, then several 'Yums' came out; I totally agree with her on that chocolate cake. My son is a great fan of the tiramisu here, calling in one of the best he's had (and he orders it at almost every restaurant that has it). Very nice family dinner, and ambiance was great for that.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenDinerDined on 7/6/2014Have been there several times -- always a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicetedarinoinmnDined on 7/5/2014We went with my parents and all seven of us really enjoyed our food and overall time. The waitress slightly spilled some wine and more than made up for it by bringing another bottle and taking it off the bill. Service like this is very appreciated. The food was good and the kids really enjoy the mussels.Special Features:
- Don't get the garlic mash potatoes!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We used to love the garlic mashed potatoes and always got them, kind of weird, pasta and mashed potatoes? Anyway they were TASTELESS. We told our waiter they were awful, he immediately took what was left back, told us we didn't have to pay for them and admitted they changed the recipe and he didn't like them as we'll either. Great service and immediate action...just bad potatoes.Special Features:
- Like eating at Grandma's homefun4dafamilyDined on 6/15/2014Truly a wonderful delight. Felt like I was kid back in Brooklyn NY at my grandmother's house in Bensonhurst. She came from Barrie Italy and the cooking is markedly close to her's. Both the lasagna and meatballs are to die for. The house Chianti is also a treat with the cheesy garlic bread.Special Features:
- Buca has changed.danimarieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Used to be a big fan, after today may not be back. Over the years it has slowly declined. Today got the mashed potatoes-been a favorite of ours for years-they have changed the recipe. TERRIBLE. We asked about the change and confirmed they had changed it and there have been other complaints. He said he would tell the manager but the manager never came, never offered to take it off the bill. I do not get the logic of going from a recipe that was popular to what they gave us. They are the worst mashed potatoes I have ever had in a restaurant. The person who made the decision must have no tastebuds. They better rethink this. I can't get over how they could ruin something that was so good in such a huge way. Absolute fail Buca.
- Not the Same BucaWhyDoINeedaNicknameDined on 6/7/2014Buca has gone cheap with its food. (Not in prices though.) It's obvious the chain is cutting corners to save money. For example, the once delicious garlic mashed red potatoes are now instant potatoes with no garlic. It's still an ok place for large groups but overall the food is not good. What a disappointment.Special Features:
- Friday at 6:00 pmDavetheDinerDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good as usual. It was quiet for Friday night (early June), but that made it comfortable for conversation around a table of five. Service was attentive. I thought the prices were higher than what I remember (it's been a while) --- we spent $50 per person with two rounds of beer/wine, a round of appetizers and one desert shared by the whole group.Special Features:
- Fun family/group dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014We dined at Buca for my daughters birthday. She wanted Italian and mentioned Olive Garden, to which I quickly said, how about somewhere nicer. So we decided on Buca for the group dining option and fun. Great variety on the menu so it was hard to choose what to order. It was all very good, not out of this world but very good. We had great service too!Special Features:
- Always great for kidsDaveVIPDined on 5/28/2014Kids love it and the staff are always understanding and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy by barJeanCDined on 5/24/2014My family and I were in a large booth by the bar and about every 5-10 minutes, the bartender would throw a glass bottle into the trash. The sound of glass htting glass each time was ear-popping loud. Definitly not the quiet, warm atmosphre we're used to at Buca di Beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KLMeckVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our server made the experience truly wonderful and memorable! Sat at the Chef's table in the kitchen
- Decent experienceWILLDINEDined on 5/13/2014We always enjoyed eating at Buca. Waitress was enquiring about our food and if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Service wasn't so great this time. We've dined at buca many times & have never been disappointed. Server named Rowdy brought kids dinner before our salad. He claimed the kitchen was at fault. It wasn't very busy at the time, so I doubt that. We will still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.