Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis
35 North Illinois Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (317) 632-2822
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Daniel Guba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Washington Street and Market
- Public Transit: IndyGo Bus Service - Market & Ohio Stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered street parking available. Paid public parking in nearby parking structures.
Skywalk available from local area hotels, the convention center and Lucas Oil Stadium.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (73)kid-friendly (38)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (19)romantic (14)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- From an amazing service to exepcional foodChefCarnicelliDined on 11/20/2014Eating at Buca is an awesome experience EVERY time . The staff and servers are very polite and willing to provide you with all you want plus a warm smile that make things so pleasant. I love Buca di BeppoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated even before our reservation.memeDined on 11/16/2014We shared a small serving which was plenty for the 2 of us! Loved the caprese salad and stuffed chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo - Downtown IndianapolisjimmydDined on 11/16/2014The food was fantastic from salad to entree. I love the Marsala Chicken, it was off the charts. Our reservations were on time even prior to a Colts Game. The place was packed but the service was outstanding and timely. Many thanks as I entertain clients before games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of meatballs???????OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/20145:30 reservation for 8. Sit order drinks , order dinner around 6 PM. Order two orders of meat balls, what they are known for!!!!! Also order ziti, chicken and veal parmagina. 6:15 waitress comes to our table and informs us that they ran out of MEATBALLS! Ok on, football Sunday the biggest game colts vs patriots for the Sunday nite national game, with thousands of people in indianapolis, and they run out of their biggest seller? I ordered a second Santa Margerita Pinot Grigio and guess what, they ran out!!!! We were entertaining clients and trying to impress them, that' really didn't happen, we had to apologize over and over! Ziti was dry , no sauce just tasteless . Never, never, never going back!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014Our server was excellent. Very patient with our group but efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestMeHiDined on 11/8/2014We had a reservation and ended up waiting twenty to thirty minutes anyway. The restaurant was so loud that we couldn't talk to each other. The food was good, but the price was ridiculous.Special Features:
- Don't bother with reservationsIndydinerDined on 11/8/2014Waited over half an hour after my reservation to get a table. Luckily we kept busy by having drinks at the bar that were completely different from what we ordered. The food is great and the perfect place for groups but don't expect to receive great service.Special Features:
- Back sectionLauraDined on 11/7/2014My group enjoyed the food and service at Bucca as usual. But were surprised to be seated in the very back of the restaurant. I never knew that dining room existed.Special Features:
- Monumental Marathon eveSallieDined on 10/31/2014A group of us ate here the night before the Monumental Marathon this past weekend. We were very satisfied with our experience; although it was very busy, we found that the food was great, the service was quick, and it was everything we wanted for a quick pasta dinner the night before a big race. We definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!CarbLoadinDined on 10/31/2014My family of 4 ate here the night before I ran my first marathon. Buca de Beppo will always be a part of that memory! Extremely fun atmosphere, plenty to look at while you wait for your dinner, friendly service, great food, and dispite very busy night, all staff was competent and friendly!Special Features:
- MarathonRunners14Dined on 10/31/2014Hello, Myself and 4 friends were in Indy for the marathon, we went to Bucca because we had been to the one in our own area and had good experience. Waitress was horrible, not sure if she was just overwhelmed or just didn't care about our table. We had one friend not running the next day and she had a beer, she waited at least 15 mins before it came, i am to exaggerating at all. Our food came out 10-15 mins after all the tables around us and we were there far before them. We had questions when the food was served and 3 different staff members were unable to answer us. Overall I would not recommend this location to anyone that I know.
- Watery spaghettiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014Decent 1863 salad but spaghetti with meatballs was not good; sauce was thin and almost non existent and pasta was watery. I expect better from a $21 dish.Special Features:
- Ok Italian Meal-Hostesses need workDebinSTLVIPDined on 10/31/2014Reserved a table more than two weeks prior as we needed to carbo load for a marathon the next day. Upon arrival, the hostess showed us to a table that was extremely crowded by other tables when a nice roomy comfy booth was right next to it. We asked to move and she told us that we could not because the "system" had already assigned it to someone else. We asked when their reservation was and why theirs had priority over ours since we made our reservation 2 weeks prior. She was just not feeling it and left us with no option but the uncomfortable table. With one of the chairs broken and overhearing our complaints, our server went to the hostess stand and got us moved to the booth - He was awesome. The rest of our visit was fine.
- Disappointinglove2eatDined on 10/31/2014I had eaten at Buca di Beppo before and enjoyed the dining experience- hot food, good service and decent menu options. This visit was not very enjoyable. To begin with the salad we ordered was drenched in dressing, so much so, that the lettuce was wilting and I could not stand to eat it. The main entree of baked ziti was room temperature and looked nothing like the description in the menu. The house bread was cold and chewy. The server was friendly enough but she would disappear for long periods without checking in (my daughter never got a refill). I think the "new" of Buca di Beppa has wore off. After this last visit it just felt like the mediocre chain restaurant that it is. No decor or music in the world can save that.Special Features:
- love the photosmarathonrunnerDined on 10/31/2014We went there before the Indy Monumental Marathon and it was perfect for marathon pasta load !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and unique atmosphere!Metallion2281Dined on 10/31/2014The food was amazing! Love their portions and choices. Only gripe... Wishing we knew there was complimentary bread. We saw other tables receive it. Our waiter did not offer to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette partyosboaj01Dined on 10/25/2014My friends and I visited this restaurant for a bachelorette party. The food was exceptional, but the service ... not so much. With the layout the building, it's understandable that it would be difficult to serve a group, but we waited a long time for everything - drinks, food, check. I'd visit again for the delicious food, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameAlwayshungryDined on 10/25/2014Our party of four on a Saturday evening was promptly seated with reservations. But the food took more than an hour to deliver 1 salad and 2 pasta dishes. My server brought the wrong pasta, but I was too hungry and desperate to send it back. And the size of the dishes has decreased with only barely enough ravioli to feed my 7 & 12 year old. Definitely not the same Buca from years ago.
- Buca is great!MikeBaumDined on 10/25/2014I have always been impressed with Buca di Beppo. The food portions are generous, the atmosphere is great, and the service is outstanding. I would highly recommend Buca to anyone visiting Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian Food,Generous PortionsCTReviewerDined on 10/22/2014No matter the Buca I go to, the food is always great and the portions are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOut2dinnergirlDined on 10/17/2014We asked the hostess for a Gluten Free menu and didn't get one. We asked the person that seated us and she said she would bring one but she didn't. We then asked our server and never got one. The server never asked if we wanted more of anything
- amazingly good!!!Craig93Dined on 10/17/2014I can not wait until I get to go back to this restaurant!!!! The food is amaxing, service is great, and the atmosphere is one of a kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I shared my first date with Bethany here. 7 months later, after asking her to marry me, I had our family and friends there waiting on us to celebrate our new engagement. The food was great, and the service was outstanding. We even received a card from the staff sending their congrats for our engagement. It was a special night, that was made better by a great place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationGrammytammyDined on 10/12/2014We visited you at your Illinois Street location to celebrate my grandson's 22nd birthday. Christy was our server and she was amazing! Great service and lots of delicious food.....not to mention leftovers for the next day. If we didn't live so far away, we'd be dining with you every other week! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The restaraunt itself with confusing. Hostess told us to stand and wait for out table in the direct path of servers. A small skinny hallway. The temperature was uncomfortable and way too hot. When this was mentioned to hostess and waiter both told us it was because a large party had just left. Remained to hot to even eat. However the food was incredible!Special Features:
- skycatDined on 10/9/2014I have dined at this restaurant several times, food always consistent, wait staff very attentive, a fun place to visit make sure you check out all the stuff on the walls.Special Features:
- ExcellentJossiDined on 10/1/2014Services was great and food was delicious. I celebrate my birthday with my family here and it was perfect, the lasagna is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BuccamoodyfoodyDined on 9/20/2014I go every year for my birthday. I love it every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good.4ColtsFansVIPDined on 9/15/2014Everything was good but there was some Eagles fans sitting in our dining room that were drunk and obnoxious. Not the fault of the restaurant. Food was good.Special Features:
- Great food !!YummyohDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was wonderful! It was a tad loud, however, it was a fun atmosphere! Definitely would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family diningcorethornDined on 9/13/2014great place to take the entire family. only restaurant that can handle taking a large group people and the staff not fall apart on the service and the wait time even when ordering a large amount of food at one time. also like the fact that the restaurant does not force a gratuity on your bill they let you pay the server for the experience and service they provide the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically good, but poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014They were not busy, and it was a big Notre Dame Shamrock Series weekend in Indy along with Colts had a home game so preparations should have been made for the big weekend. Unfortunately, they were out of several items including signature wine and drink selections specific to Buca. After items were unavailable, our waitress avoided our table for the remainder of the evening, and not due to expressed displeasure as we provided a lot of grace to her because of the cards that she was dealt due to poor planning by the restaurant. I brought a couple for their first experience, which will be a lasting for them-not positively. We will try again though as usually we have a great time.Special Features:
- Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit with the first visit in the pope room with a large group. I do realize that there was quite a few exciting and drunk football fans for the Notre Dame/Purdue game so I am not blaming Buca totally. My family does not get out much because of finances but this was a special occasion because my daughter was in from Denver at a conference and we drove down from Fort Wayne. Let me say that I could not get out of there fast enough because of the rude and loud patrons. I am not sure how much control you even have but it was a horrible evening for me to spend $170.00 and don't even want to return. The food was very good. My experience sucked. Sorry just being honest. Frank RotundoSpecial Features:
- pioneer64pioneer64Dined on 9/10/2014This is a fabulous place to dine with our friends. They had never eaten there. All of us had a very enjoyable time. The food was delicious and plentiful! Great staff made for a special experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Literally the best.IllBeBackDined on 8/23/2014Seriously the best Italian food I've had in a long long time. I used to eat at Olive Garden a lot, but I think Buca just stole their business for good.Special Features:
- Pope Room WaitssackettDined on 8/22/2014We were very pleased with the food and our server at Buca Di Beppo. However, we had reserved the Pope Room for 12 at 8:00. We arrived promptly at 8:00, but were told that a group was still sitting at our table and we would have to wait. So for half an hour, our party of 12 ladies in taffeta gowns had to sit at a small table in the kitchen, which was stifling hot, waiting for out table. Once the manager got involved, we did get a complimentary appetizer, which was appreciated, but the hostess was not very polite, nor accommodating, and just assumed that we should know that people were sitting at our table and we should wait. If large groups use the Pope Room, it would be appreciated if ample time were allotted between guests.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!manteaDined on 8/22/2014Our experience at Buca di Beppo was outstanding! The quality of food, energy, cleanliness, attitude, and attention of the staff was great. This was definitely a great pick for my wife and I to celebrate our first year anniversary. Romantic as well! Thank You!Special Features:
- Bad service when busy - againgaya2081VIPDined on 8/17/2014So this is the second time I have received bad service when they were very busy. This time we were seated and the waiter came by to take our drink order. We were ready to order our food and did so - including an appetizer. Someone brought by our drinks and then we waited and waited. Finally, our food came out....all of it. The main course was hot, but the appetizer was not hot, just warm. Shortly thereafter a manager stopped by and asked how we were doing (note at this time it had been since we ordered our food that we had seen our waitress). The manager took away the appetizer and promised to take it off our bill. Maybe 10 minutes later our waitress dropped off 2 new drinks, we requested the box and the bill and we eventually got both.Special Features:
- Gen Con 2014MadcityDined on 8/16/2014First year where I have gone to Buca and this place was filled with more than usual. In the past had a crowd start coming in as I was leaving. Good food as always. One small mistake is that our garlic cheese bread was taken to another table. Did get a one but felt odd since entrees came out in good time.Special Features:
- Boisterous, fun and delish!CampingFanDined on 8/15/2014Knew reservations would be helpful on a Friday with convention in town. Arrived a bit early, and we were seated on time. Food was tasty, menu was varied and dinner arrived at appropriate times - no rushing due to crowded, busy restaurant. Love that all leftovers are boxed automatically. Server was attentive, despite our small table for two being set back in a corner behind a table with extra chairs drawn up to it to allow for additional folks. He had to squeeze to get through each time, but still checked in enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.