Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis
35 North Illinois Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 3176322822x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Daniel Guba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Washington Street and Market
- Public Transit: IndyGo Bus Service - Market & Ohio Stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered street parking available. Paid public parking in nearby parking structures.
Skywalk available from local area hotels, the convention center and Lucas Oil Stadium.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Buca di Beppo - Downtown Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (62)kid-friendly (31)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (10)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Love BuccamoodyfoodyDined on 9/20/2014I go every year for my birthday. I love it every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good.4ColtsFansVIPDined on 9/15/2014Everything was good but there was some Eagles fans sitting in our dining room that were drunk and obnoxious. Not the fault of the restaurant. Food was good.Special Features:
- Great food !!YummyohDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was wonderful! It was a tad loud, however, it was a fun atmosphere! Definitely would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family diningcorethornDined on 9/13/2014great place to take the entire family. only restaurant that can handle taking a large group people and the staff not fall apart on the service and the wait time even when ordering a large amount of food at one time. also like the fact that the restaurant does not force a gratuity on your bill they let you pay the server for the experience and service they provide the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically good, but poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014They were not busy, and it was a big Notre Dame Shamrock Series weekend in Indy along with Colts had a home game so preparations should have been made for the big weekend. Unfortunately, they were out of several items including signature wine and drink selections specific to Buca. After items were unavailable, our waitress avoided our table for the remainder of the evening, and not due to expressed displeasure as we provided a lot of grace to her because of the cards that she was dealt due to poor planning by the restaurant. I brought a couple for their first experience, which will be a lasting for them-not positively. We will try again though as usually we have a great time.Special Features:
- Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit with the first visit in the pope room with a large group. I do realize that there was quite a few exciting and drunk football fans for the Notre Dame/Purdue game so I am not blaming Buca totally. My family does not get out much because of finances but this was a special occasion because my daughter was in from Denver at a conference and we drove down from Fort Wayne. Let me say that I could not get out of there fast enough because of the rude and loud patrons. I am not sure how much control you even have but it was a horrible evening for me to spend $170.00 and don't even want to return. The food was very good. My experience sucked. Sorry just being honest. Frank RotundoSpecial Features:
- pioneer64pioneer64Dined on 9/10/2014This is a fabulous place to dine with our friends. They had never eaten there. All of us had a very enjoyable time. The food was delicious and plentiful! Great staff made for a special experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Literally the best.IllBeBackDined on 8/23/2014Seriously the best Italian food I've had in a long long time. I used to eat at Olive Garden a lot, but I think Buca just stole their business for good.Special Features:
- Pope Room WaitssackettDined on 8/22/2014We were very pleased with the food and our server at Buca Di Beppo. However, we had reserved the Pope Room for 12 at 8:00. We arrived promptly at 8:00, but were told that a group was still sitting at our table and we would have to wait. So for half an hour, our party of 12 ladies in taffeta gowns had to sit at a small table in the kitchen, which was stifling hot, waiting for out table. Once the manager got involved, we did get a complimentary appetizer, which was appreciated, but the hostess was not very polite, nor accommodating, and just assumed that we should know that people were sitting at our table and we should wait. If large groups use the Pope Room, it would be appreciated if ample time were allotted between guests.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!manteaDined on 8/22/2014Our experience at Buca di Beppo was outstanding! The quality of food, energy, cleanliness, attitude, and attention of the staff was great. This was definitely a great pick for my wife and I to celebrate our first year anniversary. Romantic as well! Thank You!Special Features:
- Bad service when busy - againgaya2081Dined on 8/17/2014So this is the second time I have received bad service when they were very busy. This time we were seated and the waiter came by to take our drink order. We were ready to order our food and did so - including an appetizer. Someone brought by our drinks and then we waited and waited. Finally, our food came out....all of it. The main course was hot, but the appetizer was not hot, just warm. Shortly thereafter a manager stopped by and asked how we were doing (note at this time it had been since we ordered our food that we had seen our waitress). The manager took away the appetizer and promised to take it off our bill. Maybe 10 minutes later our waitress dropped off 2 new drinks, we requested the box and the bill and we eventually got both.Special Features:
- Gen Con 2014MadcityDined on 8/16/2014First year where I have gone to Buca and this place was filled with more than usual. In the past had a crowd start coming in as I was leaving. Good food as always. One small mistake is that our garlic cheese bread was taken to another table. Did get a one but felt odd since entrees came out in good time.Special Features:
- Boisterous, fun and delish!CampingFanDined on 8/15/2014Knew reservations would be helpful on a Friday with convention in town. Arrived a bit early, and we were seated on time. Food was tasty, menu was varied and dinner arrived at appropriate times - no rushing due to crowded, busy restaurant. Love that all leftovers are boxed automatically. Server was attentive, despite our small table for two being set back in a corner behind a table with extra chairs drawn up to it to allow for additional folks. He had to squeeze to get through each time, but still checked in enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and service!TheGameCrafterDined on 8/15/2014Every year we're in town for Gen Con and we always seem to go back to Buca! We enjoy the food and service. There are plenty of big tables for groups and it's very enjoyable. The food is family style so be careful you don't order too much. We always seem to order too much food though! Definitely worth a visit while in Indy! (Also be sure to visit St Elmo Steakhouse!!) Use opentable to book your reservations... makes it much easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REMINDS ME OF GRANDMADOUGIEZVIPDined on 8/14/2014Being 100% Italian Bucca seems to be the closest I have found to eating at Grandma's when I was growing up. The size of the portions, the friendly staff and the decor bring back GREAT memories. GREAT!!!!
- Nice Place ButDJ69discjockeyDined on 8/8/2014Love the place. The seat was wet I had to ask the server to wipe it down again after I had sat down on the wet bench. The guys that clean the tables where very repectful and work there @zz off. They should get bigger tips from the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small GroupFredDined on 8/4/2014I went to Buca di Beppo as a member os a small group of 8 people who had all met in Indianapolis for a conference. None of us had eaten here before. We were all impressed with the restaurant, from the atmosphere to the service and then the great food. We ordered a couple of antipasti and then three small entrees, and the amount of food was perfect. We topped everything off with a limoncello and had a very reasonable bill. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Highly Disappointed - Not returningUsedtoEnjoyBuccaDined on 8/2/2014Made reservation on Open table at 6:00 pm for 8:00 pm. Arrived at 7:55 and was seated within 5 minutes. I was impressed since we had a party of ten. Server took drink order, one guest was in rest room and did not order. Drinks came a little slow but not too bad. The one guest who had to order drink when he brought our drinks waited FOREVER for hers. Server was asked no less then three times to bring the drink. Server took our food order fine and accurately. Room was super super loud. Was a room with 2-3 groups of large parties and was so loud that I had to yell across the table to hold a conversation. Then it took 2 HOURS TO GET OUR FOOD. Table next to us arrived after, got food, and left before we even were served. Left at 10:15Special Features:
- Nice placeSand1762Dined on 8/2/2014Nice place, everyone in our group was very comfortable. Overall great environment and kid friendlySpecial Features:
- Love this place!FoodjunkieDined on 8/1/2014I have yet to be disappointed by Buca. Ample portions, excellent food, and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Terrific service macaroni a little too al dente. Hearty portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceEducatorsDined on 7/31/2014Our Delta Kappa Gamma women educators organization had a ten-year anniversary for our leadership/management group. I worked with Gina Beasley, sales manager, and she was wonderful ! We had a private back room for our group of 25. The noise level in that room was very quiet. I've heard that the noise level in the main part is pretty loud, but our room was fantastic. Food was excellent and the wait staff most congenial and efficient. Corey and Kayla took great care of us !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order your dessert earlyjrh3Dined on 7/31/2014If you want tiramisu, order it early. Very popular and sells out fast. Depending on your dinning area, it can be rather loud. Overall a fun time and great food.Special Features:
- Great Italian family style foodTenpinktoesDined on 7/29/2014Three of us shared 3 small entrees and we had plenty of food leftover! The de Beppo salad is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddinerdudeDined on 7/28/2014We had reservations in celebrating my Fiancée's birthday. We were seated & waited. The server was nice but we had to wait a long time for everything; drinks (soda & water w/ very little ice), to take our order, get our appetizers, get our food, refills, and our checks. We wanted the vegetable lasagna, but was told they had came out with a new menu & vegetable lasagna was omitted. We ordered the vegetable pizza instead(ok). The meat lasagna was ok & seemed a smaller portion (we ordered large) than the last time we were there. The shrimp diablo was ok, vey spicy, but not much sauce. The table next to us was very loud. Overall the service was poor, the food was ok & not as good as last time & the other customers in our section were very loud.
- GeoinlebGeo8VIPDined on 7/26/2014Not sure why they put us in the bar when we had two minors with us. Service was slow.
- Fun to go but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014We love going there because the food is so good and service is outstanding but it seems pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and windows!WindowsDined on 7/9/2014The Indianapolis Buca di Beppo has windows! Ask for any of the dining rooms that look out on the street scene or the outdoor seating. Christina was a great personality and made the meal enjoyable. Four people were well filled with two small entrees with a small salad is all you need. Lots of good quality food. Only issue is the salad was delivered after the entrees. It worked but would have been better with a standard delivery. Reasonable price for four with a bottle of wine at $115 including tip.Special Features:
- LousyTHX11Dined on 7/4/2014Too high priced for less than average food...service was horrible
- Excellent for picky crowd!DextermomDined on 7/4/2014We went with 4 picky adults and some picky kids. The food was excellent and a crowd pleaser! Te waitstaff was super friendly and made the meal memorable. A magician came to te table to entertain the kids and he was great! I highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing b-day visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday and I asked the waiter to bring a surprise brownie sundae right after plates cleared and it did not happened. We waited so long, I had to forgo the surprise because people we getting ready to leave. I had to track down the waiter and we still had to wait another 15 minutes or so, very disappointing! I also thought the large calamari app. was small and a rip- off. The baked ziti was just a pile of noodle with a little sauce and 2 globs of cheese on top, tasteless. The eggplant parm was very good. I can't speak for the others food because I did not try it. We've gone to other Bucco before and liked it, but the one in Indy.......not good.
- Authentic ItalianDanDunkDined on 6/28/2014Lets start with the pepperoni pizza, the pepperonis were huge, the cheese was excellent, the sauce was great, and crust was good also, we tried spaghetti and meatballs...they were 1/2 pound, sauce was great, and and overall excellent dinner experience. I do recommend! Please give this a try, service and staff was very friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the TheatreWorthmythymeDined on 6/22/2014Ate at Buca di Beppo with 14 family members and enjoyed the good food, fun atmosphere, and friendly service! Never once were we out of drinks, food or laughs!! I recommend this highly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningchlsDined on 6/21/2014Friendly Staff,Interesting Decor generous portions. Layout Is A Little Confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater NightLauraDined on 6/21/2014We gathered a group of 7 for dinner before the show and Buca accomodated our group size, food options and timing. A great solution to the problem of assembling a group before the show.Special Features:
- Disappointing food and service!Luv2travelDined on 6/15/2014Our food was terrible, we didn't get one of our dishes until we were almost done! Our server took 20 minutes, yes 20 minutes to bring our card back. Made us very nervous! Would not recommend! Go to Greenwoid Buca!Special Features:
- Good Fun!FamilyDinerDined on 6/14/2014We had a great time, however there seemed to be an absurd number of bachelorette parties there, so the noise level was higher than we expected. Regardless, we will return.Special Features:
- not first choice againwillnotreturnDined on 6/13/2014we went to bucca to celebrate my daughters graduation as a family. Due to cold food and slow service we could not all eat at same time and became ruushed to finish.Special Features:
- OldBobVIPDined on 6/12/2014family style large quantities; the apple salad is my favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No FunJoHanDined on 6/9/2014We went as a family for a family meal. Once we ordered we were ignored. We asked for their house bread which the waiter agreed twice to bring was never received. The salad tasted like prepackaged salad greens were 3-4 days past their expiration date. The pasta was OK at best. When I requested the check I ended up waiting at least another 15 minutes to get it. I would not waste my time with Buca. There are better places in Indy to get a good family meal.