Buca di Beppo - DC
1825 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (202) 232-8466
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Florida Avenue
- Public Transit: Buca di Beppo is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Metro Dupont Cirlce stop, exit NQ.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public, paid parking is available parking structure off Florida Avenue.
Valet service is available seven days a week after 5pm for $7.
A word from Buca di Beppo - DC
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Buca di Beppo - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (64)kid-friendly (37)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Buca reviewTable3Dined on 11/15/2014Food was great, server was friendly. Only problem was that I made a reservation for 2 and when we got there we told the host we had a reservation, and he seated the 2 that walked in right in front of us who had no reservation. We ended up waiting for a table for 20 minutes. If you're going on a date, I wouldn't recommend this place. We ended up sitting in the waiting area while a bud load of people filled in, when we should have been sitting at our reserved table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ace25Dined on 11/15/2014thumbs up good food drinks are great but overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but the service was slow for lunchyumyumVIPDined on 11/12/2014Great food but the service was slow for lunch. Salmon was great on a previous visit but was a bit dry this time. Great garlic bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Restaurant Experience in DCDawnDined on 11/8/2014I made a reservation for a group of 10 because, I remember Bucca being a great restaurant for groups. 6 of us arrived at the time of the reservation and were seated while waiting for the rest of the party to arrive...20 minutes later we hadn't been acknowledged by the wait staff at all - no check in, no water, nothing. Once we finally got someone's attention she explained that she wasn't our waitress and would send someone over...eventually the waitress came to the table and half of us were able to place drink orders before she left. And it went on like this for another 20 minutes. After the poorly cooked appetizers arrived I decided it was time to talk to the manager but, to no avail. I will never go to a Bucca di Beppo again.
- VERY DisappointedDisappointedDined on 11/8/2014We normally love Buca di Beppo and have gone multiple times at the location in Jacksonville Florida. At first we had a waiter come to take our order and was replaced by a waitress that was running late and proceeded to finish buttoning her shirt as she stood in front of our table to take our drink order.Our food came out in good time but was not good at all. We ordered the apple gorgonzola salad which had very little to no dressing or gorgonzola cheese on it. We basically received some ice berg lettuce with apples. We also ordered the baked ziti. Some of the pasta did not have any sauce on it and tasted as if RAGU was dumped on some noodles. We were very unimpressed as were our neighbors at a nearby table.Special Features:
- Family style is the way to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014My group of 16 quirky colleagues and I had a great time in the Pope room. There were lots of laughs and the food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon was sublime!yumyumVIPDined on 10/27/2014Who knew that a place famous for its great pasta can do salmon incredibly well. We went for my birthday and wow, was I surprised and delighted with this great dish. Made with a buttery wine sauce with capers and tomatoes, it was the highlight of the evening for me. Also a big surprise is how absolutely wonderful their broccoli was - why? b/c of its deep garlic flavor and just the right balance - flavorful with a hint of smoke. AWESOME! We ordered the standards (Lasagna, garlic bread, apple gorgonzola salad) which always wow's us but the standouts of salmon and broccoli were over the top!Special Features:
- manicotti and chocolate cakeakclanDined on 10/26/2014The manicotti and chocolate cake were outstanding! We also had pizza-it was okay but rather bland, next time we'll order another pasta dish. The service was good and the kids loved the tour through the kitchen on the way in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Buca normally.DHDRUNSDined on 10/25/2014They did not have enough seating for 12. Luckily one of our group did not show. The staff was very nice and food was great. Ticket was combined and had to be broken down after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Italy has to offer!CeeCeeDCVIPDined on 10/23/2014Buca do Beppo never disappoints in atmosphere, service and of course food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodLuvItalianFoodDined on 10/17/2014The service was a little slow and the food was cold. Our server didn't bring us bread, we had to ask for it. The waiter didn't bring my change from my bill, I had to ask for it! I guess he thought that he deserved a 40% tip! Also it would've been nice if the eggplant Parmesan came with pasta. I also wish there were portions suitable for one person instead of a group. I had been to Buca once before this and really enjoyed it that first time, unfortunately this second visit wasn't the best.Special Features:
- tour group centralmmmpjVIPDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was overrun with an extremely large tour group when we visited, and the restaurant seemed to prioritize the tour group, such that dinner (a salad, two entrees, and a dessert) took three hours, valet parking was impossible, and management and other staff was unapologetic. When the problems were brought to the manager's attention, he stated that they frequently hosted such groups. As to the food, the veal saltimbocca was overcooked, but the baked ziti was surprisingly tasty. I doubt we'll return. If we need family style Italian for a large group, there's always Maggiano's.Special Features:
- My son's 8th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The staff are fantastic and the food hit the spot. For a family dinner celebrating our kids' birthday, this spot was ideal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placemochadinerDined on 10/11/2014Food was pretty hoid. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodWeevilfanDined on 10/11/2014As usual the food did not disappoint. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrishDined on 10/11/2014Buca di Beppo is a great choice for groups who enjoy trying many items and meal sharing. Food quality excellent and service was terrific. Definately recommend Buca di Beppo in Washington!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTerryT1Dined on 10/11/2014Buca di Beppo is an experience destination. The decor alone is almost a reason to go. The food is served family style in large or "small" portions, though small portions could easily feed two people. Deserts are very good but, again, 'huge". Overall a good place to take visitors for the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceQuieterDined on 10/9/2014I enjoyed the new Captavalli Puglia pasta with sausage, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. The waitress, Freweney was the best. She brought us extra napkins without even having to ask and she promptly came with our food nice and pipping hot. very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodlisaopp21VIPDined on 10/9/2014Bucca is always consistently good. Great for families or a large group. Good old fashion Italian!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We attending for a work outing with 9 colleagues, and the environment couldn't have been better. The food was good and plentiful, and the tour of the kitchen got everyone amped up to be there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014we had a big group (14) and were a bit crowded but service and food was great. ordered lots of food to share and no one went home hungry.Special Features:
- Bravo!luvbucadibeppoDined on 10/2/2014Even though we've been there several times, doesn't stop to amaze me how attentive the service is, we have tried most of the menu and everything so far has been very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeadowDined on 9/29/2014Disappointed. The two dishes we ordered were not available.
- 4 For $40QuieterDined on 9/28/2014Buca di Beppo great deal a lot of food the special deal 4people for $40 includes large bowl of salad, garlic bread and a pasta entree that will feed 4people and some. large food portions. there was this child that kept screaming while we were trying to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningFriendlyDined on 9/21/2014The experience was quite good. Our group enjoyed the food and the experience with the staff singing Happy Birthday wishes to one of the group was a surprise to that person. It was a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Our table in the kitchen was fun, private, and a learn experience on how things get done and magical food comes out to fill your Italian desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes I Love it HereLindaDined on 9/10/2014Hest the portions are ridiculous but leftover Italian food is fun. The veal and chicken parms are not overly breaded or cheesed and their sauce is some of the best. The chicken saltimbocca is delicious and not overly sauced. Chef will modify the broccoli to omit the hot pepper flakes. The decor is over the top Italian!! Try it once. There is something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeRyddlesDined on 9/8/2014It was my first time at Buca di Beppo and I was celebrating my birthday at the Pope's table (seats 12-18 people). Everything was excellent! The servers were very attentive and every single item we ordered was incredibly delicious. I would highly recommend it, especially for big parties as it can be hard to find a restaurant with reasonable prices that can seat such large groups. The Pope's table is round also which is great for conversation and set aside in its own space which gives a moderate amount of privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family diningDVS2014Dined on 9/7/2014They serve small and large portions that feed many mouths. For a family of four you probably only need to order one or two meals. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sit-back, relax and eatColchoneroDined on 9/6/2014good, plentiful food in a friendly and affordable spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiloDined on 8/22/2014Be aware of the portions before ordering and share your order w others. Outside seating is not ant special and the inside is what makes it what it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianfoodseekerDined on 8/16/2014Food was fairly good, travelled from VA (30 miles) - not worth the travel. Although there is valet parking, it should be free for the restaurant patrons. The restaurant was VERY noisy, there should be an area for groups that may want lesser noise.Special Features:
- Great but--DinerDollDined on 8/16/2014Bucca di Beppo is great... Most of the time. When we went, it was my birthday. We were a party of 10, and placed in a room with a large tour party.... And then another birthday. Not so great. Our waiter couldn't wait for the last few guests to arrive, and then forgot several ordered items when desert came around (I do believe, however, that he was new).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of FoodGeorge1981Dined on 8/12/2014This was our second time to Buca Di Beppo and were not disappointed to bring our grown children in for a taste. We ended up ordering too much, as everyone wanted to taste a favorite. They were not disappointed. The only downside for families is when a very large school group arrives, and they did on the night we visited. As you know, kids can be quite loud and these kids almost screamed to talk over each other. No fault of the restaurant, but a note to inform people that large school groups do frequent Buca Di Beppo.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Buca is amazing and should be visited by everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and fun placeEugenieDined on 8/8/2014Met with relatives staying at the hilton.our waitress was efficient and super friendly. Food good and plenty allSpecial Features:
- Good Dessert, The Rest is "Meh"Gknox01Dined on 8/3/2014I went to Buca di Beppo after a glowing recommendation from a friend. I booked in advance and took my whole family for a fun night. We were greeted but, we got no tour the kitchen and the server was slow throughout the evening. The portions were family style but there were six of us. When I tried to order more food but the server said that was not possible. I was willing to pay for more food, but was rejected. The restroom was not clean and the cherries in the sink was a bad touch- it was real fruit that someone left that was not cleaned. The pasta and dishes tasted like standard fair I can make but, the desserts were excellent. I would not return- unless for dessert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPeter4534Dined on 8/2/2014Mice atmosphere to dine in, great food, and wonderful service. Loved the decorations and pictures inside the restaurant. Very Italian! Good jobSpecial Features:
- Kid friendlyLeoneDined on 8/2/2014We arrived early and we were accommodated, service was as expected on par. The fruti de mare linguini was however not up to par, other than that, everything was very good. Zola, the wait person, catered to our needs. Thank you, Buca once again delivered, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- The following 448 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - DC reviews archive.
- Good food--poor serviceSebastianDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent. Service was the worst we experienced in a long time. When reservations were made, we informed them it was a birthday celebration; again the day of the meal I called to remind them. The waiter had not been told. Food wait was reasonable, and food was good. However, it was over 30 minutes between dessert and the check. We had to ask another waiter to find our waiter since we were ready for the check. Then after the credit card was given to the waiter, it was 15 minutes until the receipt was brought to the table. When we inquired, we were told the credit card machine did not work, and the numbers had to be input manually. Management did nothing to keep us informed, and waiter was terrible.Special Features: