Buca di Beppo - DC
1825 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2022328466x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Florida Avenue
- Public Transit: Buca di Beppo is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Metro Dupont Cirlce stop, exit NQ.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public, paid parking is available parking structure off Florida Avenue.
Valet service is available seven days a week after 5pm for $7.
A word from Buca di Beppo - DC
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Buca di Beppo - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (58)kid-friendly (38)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (16)romantic (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Our table in the kitchen was fun, private, and a learn experience on how things get done and magical food comes out to fill your Italian desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes I Love it HereLindaDined on 9/10/2014Hest the portions are ridiculous but leftover Italian food is fun. The veal and chicken parms are not overly breaded or cheesed and their sauce is some of the best. The chicken saltimbocca is delicious and not overly sauced. Chef will modify the broccoli to omit the hot pepper flakes. The decor is over the top Italian!! Try it once. There is something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeRyddlesDined on 9/8/2014It was my first time at Buca di Beppo and I was celebrating my birthday at the Pope's table (seats 12-18 people). Everything was excellent! The servers were very attentive and every single item we ordered was incredibly delicious. I would highly recommend it, especially for big parties as it can be hard to find a restaurant with reasonable prices that can seat such large groups. The Pope's table is round also which is great for conversation and set aside in its own space which gives a moderate amount of privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family diningDVS2014Dined on 9/7/2014They serve small and large portions that feed many mouths. For a family of four you probably only need to order one or two meals. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sit-back, relax and eatColchoneroDined on 9/6/2014good, plentiful food in a friendly and affordable spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiloDined on 8/22/2014Be aware of the portions before ordering and share your order w others. Outside seating is not ant special and the inside is what makes it what it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianfoodseekerDined on 8/16/2014Food was fairly good, travelled from VA (30 miles) - not worth the travel. Although there is valet parking, it should be free for the restaurant patrons. The restaurant was VERY noisy, there should be an area for groups that may want lesser noise.Special Features:
- Great but--DinerDollDined on 8/16/2014Bucca di Beppo is great... Most of the time. When we went, it was my birthday. We were a party of 10, and placed in a room with a large tour party.... And then another birthday. Not so great. Our waiter couldn't wait for the last few guests to arrive, and then forgot several ordered items when desert came around (I do believe, however, that he was new).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of FoodGeorge1981Dined on 8/12/2014This was our second time to Buca Di Beppo and were not disappointed to bring our grown children in for a taste. We ended up ordering too much, as everyone wanted to taste a favorite. They were not disappointed. The only downside for families is when a very large school group arrives, and they did on the night we visited. As you know, kids can be quite loud and these kids almost screamed to talk over each other. No fault of the restaurant, but a note to inform people that large school groups do frequent Buca Di Beppo.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Buca is amazing and should be visited by everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and fun placeEugenieDined on 8/8/2014Met with relatives staying at the hilton.our waitress was efficient and super friendly. Food good and plenty allSpecial Features:
- Good Dessert, The Rest is "Meh"Gknox01Dined on 8/3/2014I went to Buca di Beppo after a glowing recommendation from a friend. I booked in advance and took my whole family for a fun night. We were greeted but, we got no tour the kitchen and the server was slow throughout the evening. The portions were family style but there were six of us. When I tried to order more food but the server said that was not possible. I was willing to pay for more food, but was rejected. The restroom was not clean and the cherries in the sink was a bad touch- it was real fruit that someone left that was not cleaned. The pasta and dishes tasted like standard fair I can make but, the desserts were excellent. I would not return- unless for dessert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPeter4534Dined on 8/2/2014Mice atmosphere to dine in, great food, and wonderful service. Loved the decorations and pictures inside the restaurant. Very Italian! Good jobSpecial Features:
- Kid friendlyLeoneDined on 8/2/2014We arrived early and we were accommodated, service was as expected on par. The fruti de mare linguini was however not up to par, other than that, everything was very good. Zola, the wait person, catered to our needs. Thank you, Buca once again delivered, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good food--poor serviceSebastianDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent. Service was the worst we experienced in a long time. When reservations were made, we informed them it was a birthday celebration; again the day of the meal I called to remind them. The waiter had not been told. Food wait was reasonable, and food was good. However, it was over 30 minutes between dessert and the check. We had to ask another waiter to find our waiter since we were ready for the check. Then after the credit card was given to the waiter, it was 15 minutes until the receipt was brought to the table. When we inquired, we were told the credit card machine did not work, and the numbers had to be input manually. Management did nothing to keep us informed, and waiter was terrible.Special Features:
- businessandfunDined on 7/22/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Good for a group, family or a couple on date night. Family style allows you to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Great TimeJbozDined on 7/19/2014We had a big pre-bachelorette party dinner here. The staff was great and didn't mind us being loud and having fun. The food was great and the drinks were amazing!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian fare!LuvtoeatDined on 7/19/2014Our party if 9 dined here easily. We got a tour of the kitchen, the bar and restaurant. The veal soltimbucco was the best! Our kids loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Everything on the menu seemed to be in the $25 and up range and it simply wasn't worth it. And the sides are extra. Literally nothing comes with your entree. My chicken Saltimbocca was ok but not worth that price. My dining companions's veal Marsala was killingly sweet and had no taste of Marsala and was more expensive. We had those two entrees, we split a salad, we each had a glass of wine and that came to $111. Restaurant Nora's is around the corner and we could have had a gourmet meal there for the same money.
- Tasty food in a pleasant atmosphereMarkNearRFKDined on 7/17/2014Sinatra and friends play in the background. Generous portions but not cheap either. 2 cocktails, 1 salad, 2 entrees, no dessert or coffee, gave us leftover salad and half of each entree to take home for $100 including tip after a $15 coupon readily available from the internet club and usable from a smartphone. I will definitely return, but it seems to be getting more expensive.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationJWPaisVIPDined on 7/17/2014Food excellent but service was lacking.... everything from bar service request to wrong salad and dropped pizza by the staff.Special Features:
- WowBarbsterDined on 7/15/2014Love taking out of town friends here. Even better when they come back and say let's go back to Bucas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatFriendlyDined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed the Salad very much, however, I felt other locations had a better menu selection and the food tastier.Special Features:
- Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Loved the atmosphere and the Gorgonzola salad so much we went back twice. Service was great, fast and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regular customerRoninDined on 7/5/2014When we have a group we like Buca because of the varied menu, quality and service. Location is central and easy to get to.Special Features:
- luvbucadibeppoDined on 7/3/2014Food great service better, manager Andre greet you like he knew you forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NightJazzn3Dined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Bucca! The food was delicious and our large group enjoyed the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumintumDined on 6/26/2014Did appetizer through dessert and all was excellent! Fun place to done. Will be back!Special Features:
- Food and atmosphere are excellent!BucadiBeppoDined on 6/21/2014Always enjoy dining at Buca's! From the service to the fresh foods to the dessert, we totally enjoyed our vist.Special Features:
- CacophanousPipeDownAndEatDined on 6/16/2014We were seated in a room alongside a busload of middle schoolers. I don't believe I have ever been in another restaurant that was so ungodly loud -- I couldn't hear much from my own table even as we had to shout ourselves hoarse just to have a conversation. When the kids, who apparently were never told by supervisors or their chaperones to perhaps tone it down a bit, finished their dinner/screaming, it was suddenly a new restaurant where my table to actually speak to each other. Still would never recommend it to anyone after that.
- Great!Love2eatDined on 6/15/2014Great staff and food! Great place for family style dinners!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexandra22Dined on 6/15/2014From the moment we were greeted at the door, we were made to feel welcomed. Everyone is friendly and polite. I asked permission, to give my out-of-town friend a tour of this unique restaurant. She was delighted and wanted to find out if there was a "Buca di Beppo" in her area (Rhode Island). Unfortunately, the pasta was not al dente, and the waiter saw I was not very happy, but too embarrassed to send it back. He was very kind and surprised us by bringing another fresh bowl of pasta!!! We were grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We had a great time in the Pope Room (the "Pope" on the table even looks like the current one!). It's a fun place, convenient for us, has plenty of room for our gang, and we look forward to coming there. The food this time was much better than in the past, having more flavor. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014The portions ate quite plentiful and tasty and filling. Good salad selection. Garlic bread was very tasty. Very quiet lunch time ambience. Good for couples or large party gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Better For GroupsGeorge1981Dined on 6/3/2014I decided to try Buca di Beppo for the first time on my 33rd Wedding Anniversary. The food was good and plentiful, but the atmosphere is loud. Just so happened that a busload of kids from New York City was seated just as my wife and I were and this made for a not-so-quiet meal. Even after the kids left, the noise level remained high. The food was good and the service was fine. I would recommend Buca di Beppo for groups of people, as the family style service works well for that. We plan to come back with our adult children when we are all together this summer.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLolyDined on 5/30/2014I loved this restaurant because the food is extremely outstanding and environment is so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JiaomaineDined on 5/28/2014I travel around to different cities as part of my job. My supervisor enjoys eating at Buca di Beppo if there is one in the city we are visiting for work. This is my first one to visit and I really enjoyed the family style portions and tasting everyone's food. However, my favorite was your house Chianti - it was awesome!!!!Special Features:
- great for group gatheringsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Had an awesome time. Great food and ambiance. Reseve the pope room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 424 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - DC reviews archive.
- Patio is wonderfulfoodieinthehouseDined on 5/20/2014Dining under the stars with my hubby; wow! I'd been here before, but it was his first time. He was pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Sudden lack of consistency.TomassoVIPDined on 5/18/2014We've been going to Buca in Washington, DC, since it opened a number of years ago, and the food has always been consistent and good. This last experience, however, was a disappointment. We ordered a side of three meatballs, and they came out all different sizes, with the largest one being a third larger than the smallest one. Previously, all of the meatballs have been the same size as the large one, but this time no one seemed to be doing quality control in the kitchen. I hope this is not a sign of things to come, because we like this restaurant and have been visiting every month-to-six weeks.