Buca di Beppo - Davie
3355 South University Drive
Davie, FL 33328Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Davie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 9545773287x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Tony Marziano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Davie
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Davie reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (54)special occasion (40)kid-friendly (26)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (10)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Amazing!!VaneDined on 10/5/2014We have no complaints about Buca! Their food quality is always on point, the service is great and the ambience is awesome. Everyone always has a great attitude! We go there all the time! We love it! We just recently celebrated with a group of 18 and our waitress was amazing! We never had to ask for anything. She was constantly filling out cups and keeping the group happy! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionivanVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were a group of 16 and they took good care of us. Huge variety of pasta dishes to select from and to share.Special Features:
- Great!Margarita1Dined on 10/4/2014I went for my graduation dinner and the waitress took care of us. I know we were probably difficult since we were a big group so I really appreciated her service! I wish I remembered her name, she was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca is a find.hdogDined on 10/3/2014This location is really fantastic and much better than the other location that I had eaten at. The portions are huge and the ambience of the restaurant is kind of cool.Special Features:
- DisappointingRobsabobsDined on 9/28/2014We had a 4/$40 coupon and thought we would try the restaurant. Our server was not familiar with the coupon and had to check on everything that was printed on the coupon. It included a salad, garlic bread and a pasta. We ordered some drinks and our meal and added some meat dishes. The salad came out fairly quickly and the pasta right behind it. We didn't have time to eat the salad. The manager offered to buy us dessert to make up for the timing. It took 25 minutes to get our dessert. In the meantime, our server did not bring our coffee either. We were only told we would get it "shortly". So the dinner took almost 2 hours, the food was fair at best, and the $40 coupon helped to reduce our check to $90. Definitely not worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014Wait too long for dinner took 1.5 hour after we sat down.
- Olmedo Was Great!YQuinteroDined on 9/14/2014This is my second time here at this location. I loved my server Olmedo! He is so energetic, friendly and always carries a smile! He has made our birthday dinners 100% more special! Food is amazing! Thank you Olemedo!Special Features:
- Slow service; argument over couponDrWestonDined on 9/14/2014It took 2 hours to eat, with 5 children - way too long a wait. Also had 2 checks with 2 coupons(4 for $40), would not honor the second until we threatened to leave and never come back. Coupons said nothing about 1 per table. Finally was resolved to our satisfaction. Food was good once we got it.
- Noise level deafening.chatbluDined on 9/12/2014Unbelievably noisy. Food was good but on the cold side this visit, which is strange as plates were rather hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW italian amazingnessJulito824Dined on 9/8/2014I felt AT home from the time I got there the ought out the meal and even after on my way home. The attentiveness is unsurpassed and the ambience is beautiful making a great date night or family night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experiencePapiVIPDined on 9/8/2014We were a big group for a birthday party. The food was amazing and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very traditionalsparkieDined on 9/6/2014Very good food. So traditional to experience the Italian food. Service was promptly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightingFughetabahtitDined on 9/6/2014I truly enjoyed my experience at Buca. My only request is that something be done about the table lighting. In the past, I have noticed the dark spots at tables but not until this visit had I been a victim. Unfortunately, my table was far too dim for my liking. The service and food more than made up for the lighting and, as always, I have enjoyed my experience and will continue to look forward to visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food not gourmet!MargoVIPDined on 9/1/2014Not the first time dining here as my husband likes this chicken and pasta dish with a light tomato cream sauce. I myself prefer a more ecclectric instead of your normal Italian menu. The ambience is great though with so much memorabilia. Worth a tripSpecial Features:
- Cynthia7Dined on 8/29/2014Was our first vist and we will go again. Our bread order came at the end of the meal which was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Relaxing ambianceRelaxingDined on 8/29/2014Celebrated my daughter's 14th birthday with family and absolutely loved the relaxing ambiance. Very soothing lighting and the music was low and relaxing that gave us a feel of true Italy. My daughter wants to go gain very soon and so do I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!lagrillaDined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedKManDined on 8/22/2014My wife can make this meal for a 1/3 of the cost. There are so many better Italian restaurants in the neighborhood that are much less money. We ordered the Chicken Marsala and it tasted like a honey chicken dish from a Chinese restaurant. All of the servers welcomed us as we came in the restaurant and they are overly friendly, but not worth paying for the mediocre frozen dinner tasting Italian food.Special Features:
- davie14Dined on 8/21/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. All of my dining request for seating were fulfilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeGoodfunDined on 8/16/2014Food is good and portions are just right for large parties. Food servers are attentive and lots of fun !! Eating in the kitchen is a hoot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerLauraDined on 8/2/2014Everything was perfect food service wine we always bring friends from out of townSpecial Features:
- KindapickyDined on 7/27/2014We had a retirement luncheon for someone from work here and had a great time. It was very quiet---we were seated at a table for eight and had a practically private room. The hostess and waitresses helped us with our choices for food. It was delicious and we were not rushed but stayed to talk a long time after we finished the salad with apples and gorgonzola, eggplant parm, lemon chicken, and baked "ziti" made with whole grain penne. Price was reasonable.Special Features:
- grad celebrationcelebrationDined on 7/20/2014This was the choice my two grandsons had when I told them I wanted a celebration dinner for their graduation. Our group included their mom and step dad, two baby sisters ages 3 and 11 months. We didn't have to wait and the little ones behaved very well with the 11 month old making it almost to the end in her high chair. I was appreciative that I could reserve on line and that you take reservations for groups. We over-ordered, especially with the salad, but that was our fault. I love, love, love your plain warm bread and butter. I actually liked it better than the garlic bread and that is very unusual for me because I am a garlic bread addict! It was overall a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cayugaDined on 7/17/2014Although they added small dishes some time ago, they still do not offer small enough plates for two people to have some choice and to enjoy a meal. All dishes are big enough for at least two very hungry people or for three persons. The wine that comes in carafes is also too large for two people. We felt overwhelmed with all of the food and wine. Also, they give you some plain bread but offer garlic bread for a high price. That should either be a nominal fee or be included. The food was good and if it were in normal portions at normal prices, couples could enjoy themselves here. As it is, we will not return unless we come with a third person or another couple, and then we would have to order very carefully.Special Features:
- MomGarciaDined on 7/12/2014Love Bucca, glad to see it on Open Table and great to have been able to visit again.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!!JimmyDined on 7/12/2014The Davie Buca di Beppo was great. We had a wonderful meal and the service was awesome. He had a few suggetions for us and we went with it. Glad we did as the meal was great. We have had a few bad times at another location, but the Davie made us want to return to this particular restaurant again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiencefoodloverDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed the tour through the kitchen. You know you're eating in a clean place. Great food and liked the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2CelebrateDined on 7/12/2014Atmosphere, food were good, Service could have been better....we were having a birthday celebration with 11 people and there was one waitress. She brought the drinks & set them on the front of table...did not even call out so we knew what was what. The the drinks got confused & we ended up having to ask for 1, then she added it again to the bill. There should have been 2 servers for such a large group. Never asked to help with serving cake, & minor issues. Atmosphere excellent, main complaint was service... maybe she just needed help. Also wasn't friendly...never smiled, never wished Happy Birthday or asked if we needed drink refills. It was a memorable birthday celebration , just wish the service and friendliness were better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, dessert not so goodFiregarciaDined on 7/11/2014The service was outstanding. Our waiter was very pleasant. The food was good until we ordered dessert. We ordered the Mt. Vesuvius. The cake tasted like it was old. It was not moist what so ever. Unfortunately, this ended our evening with a bad taste in our mouth "no pun intended."Special Features:
- horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Dont make a reservation because u will have to wait anyway, then when you are seated you will wait another 15 min before your waitstaff comes to see you. The food was ok but our appetizer came out after our dinner did. Dont go there to celebrate anything because it will be ruined.
- cookieDined on 7/4/2014We enjoy Buca's but it is 45 miles from our house. Please open another one in Miami and we can help with the location. The previous one in Miami Lakes was too far off the beaten path.Special Features:
- ExcellentGaryDined on 7/2/2014I had the lemon chicken it was very good. We enjoyed the food & service.Special Features:
- Amazing and Enjoyable DinnerLombardi1Dined on 6/27/2014First of all, thanks to Lorie our waitress we had a very enjoyble experience, she was very funny and charm, we came before to this location Bucca di Beppo in Davie, and had not much fun as this night, we ordered red wine and we received the bottle on time and with greatly fashion and we were entertained by Lorie With her wits and funny performance, broadway style, all our food was delivered on time, delicious as always, she kept us entertained and very well served for our whole night with good friends couple. We even called the manager to let him know about Lorie and her great skills and amazing service. My wife and I have italian Blood, and we do not like to eat Pasta in any restaurant , but Home or here , the Rigatoni is our favoriteSpecial Features:
- The following 304 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Davie reviews archive.
- Bad experience. Manager ineffectiveJeffDined on 6/21/2014Even with a reservation party of 22 had to wait 20 min to be seated. We were crammed into a tiny table and sat so close to each other we couldn't pass the food. One inexperienced waiter for 22 people. He dropped heavy salad tongs on birthday girl's neck then hit her on the head with a salad bowl as he dove to retrieve them. Later he ruined a guest's shirt with sauce. Food and drinks and refills took forever. Food order came out wrong and they argued with us over what we ordered. When meal was over it took them 20 minutes to find our own cake and bring it to us. Manager offered halfhearted apologies but no real help. He gave a discount but failed to hand out gift cards as he'd promised. Frankly I'd have comped the bill if I were him.
- Food was niceNickyDined on 6/15/2014Not many non Meat choices.I am an ovolacto Vegan did not find many choices.Some of my friends said they got complementary bread. We were charged for that. The service was very poor.Nobody even gave us a second glass of water.After taking the order the waitress was nowhere to be seen.Special Features:
- Not Good for the PriceCoruntoDined on 6/15/2014The food arrived cold and was really slow. The waitress had too many tables which impacted her service.
- disappointingMelanieinPinesDined on 6/15/2014We have dined at Buca Di Beppo many times, but this visit was not a good one. Maybe because it was Father's Day. We were seated in the way back of the restaurant, which was difficult because my brother is disabled and walks on crutches, even though I had a reservation. The light was out above us, so it was very dark. Waiter tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful. No bread was brought to the table. I could have asked for it , but should not have to. Chocolate cake was not fresh and waste of $13.00. waiter was nice, but it was a bad experience.Special Features:
- The management team makes this!MiamiJayDined on 6/15/2014Having been previously disappointed at another location, my girlfriend booked this for an early fathers day dinner. When we arrived it was somewhat chaotic (as a holiday would be), we waited in the bar and it appeared that we might have been lost in the shuffle. Once the manager, Greg? found out he immediately made it right assigning not only a server but the hostess and himself to ensure our visit was enjoyable. I will definitely visit this location again and would highly reccomend it. We saw families with kids as well and it certainly seemed accomodating. ... so much food we had lunch the next day... and the house white sangria is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfecttheperksofshimaDined on 6/10/2014The staff was completely amazing and they treat you like their your friend. The whole setting is just perfect the food and the pictures really capture the eyes and its taste buds. Me and my friends loved it also its perfect for birthday parties too. <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeezbluDined on 6/9/2014Our family goes to Buca every time it's family night. Generally, we take about 12-15 people. Everyone enjoys every item on the menu but, our favorites are the apple gorgonzola ensalata, the rigatoni and spaghetti with meatballs. And, we always close out dinner with the colossal brownie sundae - special occasion or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.