Buca di Beppo - Davie
3355 South University Drive
Davie, FL 33328Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Davie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (954) 577-3287
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Tony Marziano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Davie
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Davie - Best Restaurants in Davie ›
Buca di Beppo - Davie reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (52)special occasion (35)kid-friendly (24)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (13)romantic (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- would rate 4/5KikiDined on 11/15/2014The overall ambiance of the resturant is awesome! It's an experience as a whole going to Buca Di Beppo. You get a quick tour of the kitchen which is exciting, especially for first timers! It is pricey, however DONT be tempted to over order... There will be enough food. Portions are big which justifies the pricing. I highly recommended the lasagna (IT WAS AMAZING!) or the chicken Parmesan(not a personal favorite but it was loved by everyone at my table). We all disliked the penne a la vodka since it was too garlicky.Special Features:
- Felt uncomfortableMaryDined on 11/15/2014We have been in the restaurant many times before because We like it but in this occasion We felt very uncomfortable with our guess friends when our waitress ask us twice (in different times) if she can bring us boxes to carry our left over food when We didn't even finish our plates. This never happened before. We felt like we had to eat quickly because we had to leave the restaurant in a rush. No good experience. There was also change of waitress. The food was excellent as always. We congratulate the chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress made the night...hdogDined on 11/8/2014Our waitress was excellent. She took care of everything we needed and kept refilling our drinks in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Buca in Davie - Uneven ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014Our experience for my wife's birthday at Buca in Davie was uneven and a bit disappointing. The food was delicious as usual. I made reservations via OpenTable and requested a birthday dessert. in the notes I then called them 20 mins prior to arrival to confirm and they confirmed the dessert. She asked which dessert and we decided on the sampler. It never came. I didn't want to bring it up during the dinner as I wanted to surprise my wife. This was also the 2nd straight time that the hostess tried to put us in the empty bar area even though the restaurant was less than 1/2 full. We were the only people in that section and it was exceptionally dark. We could barely read the menus. We requested a different seat in the main dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfecto!!perfectooo1Dined on 10/28/2014Felt like I was in someones home or meeting someones family.. also the kitchen walk through was awesome..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for usRedheadDined on 10/26/2014we were very disappointed in the food and service on Sunday nite. We were a party of six, and had a reservation made in advance. We were seated at a long table for 10 which made for poor conversation. The table was in a corner, which made it confining. We were not allowed to change tables. We waited 30 minutes for our bar drinks, one martini had to be remade. The service was slow, the food arrived cold and no one enjoyed their dinner. I was embarrassed as I had suggested buca. Never again.
- Party of 21 & still great service!JanetteDined on 10/25/2014We went to Bucca this weekend for my daughter's birthday and despite being a large groups of 21, we received amazing service. our waitress recommended great dishes and just the right amount of food so that we wouldn't have too much leftovers. We had such a great time and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodLostMayhem3027Dined on 10/22/2014The Prosciutto Stuffed chicken was amazing. Service was fantastic and just an overall great environment to have a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guerline's Review of Buca Di BeppoDiningExpDined on 10/17/2014The food was delicious which equals to great chef and assistant chef. The servers were very nice and down to earth people. We went as a group but we are of different cultures and that was our first time at this restaurant. Our server Chris (I believe that was his name) was courteous, very nice to walk us through our first experience at Buca Di Beppo. I would like to say, if anyone does not know the meaning of family gathering, he/she needs to go there. Everything, from the people to the food spelled two words "United Families" which is something rare in the U.S. these days. I was glad to choose the place and more privileged to have met some nice servers that impacted our lives. Thank you very much guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!VaneDined on 10/5/2014We have no complaints about Buca! Their food quality is always on point, the service is great and the ambience is awesome. Everyone always has a great attitude! We go there all the time! We love it! We just recently celebrated with a group of 18 and our waitress was amazing! We never had to ask for anything. She was constantly filling out cups and keeping the group happy! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionivanVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were a group of 16 and they took good care of us. Huge variety of pasta dishes to select from and to share.Special Features:
- Great!Margarita1Dined on 10/4/2014I went for my graduation dinner and the waitress took care of us. I know we were probably difficult since we were a big group so I really appreciated her service! I wish I remembered her name, she was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca is a find.hdogDined on 10/3/2014This location is really fantastic and much better than the other location that I had eaten at. The portions are huge and the ambience of the restaurant is kind of cool.Special Features:
- DisappointingRobsabobsDined on 9/28/2014We had a 4/$40 coupon and thought we would try the restaurant. Our server was not familiar with the coupon and had to check on everything that was printed on the coupon. It included a salad, garlic bread and a pasta. We ordered some drinks and our meal and added some meat dishes. The salad came out fairly quickly and the pasta right behind it. We didn't have time to eat the salad. The manager offered to buy us dessert to make up for the timing. It took 25 minutes to get our dessert. In the meantime, our server did not bring our coffee either. We were only told we would get it "shortly". So the dinner took almost 2 hours, the food was fair at best, and the $40 coupon helped to reduce our check to $90. Definitely not worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014Wait too long for dinner took 1.5 hour after we sat down.
- Olmedo Was Great!YQuinteroDined on 9/14/2014This is my second time here at this location. I loved my server Olmedo! He is so energetic, friendly and always carries a smile! He has made our birthday dinners 100% more special! Food is amazing! Thank you Olemedo!Special Features:
- Slow service; argument over couponDrWestonDined on 9/14/2014It took 2 hours to eat, with 5 children - way too long a wait. Also had 2 checks with 2 coupons(4 for $40), would not honor the second until we threatened to leave and never come back. Coupons said nothing about 1 per table. Finally was resolved to our satisfaction. Food was good once we got it.
- Noise level deafening.chatbluDined on 9/12/2014Unbelievably noisy. Food was good but on the cold side this visit, which is strange as plates were rather hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW italian amazingnessJulito824Dined on 9/8/2014I felt AT home from the time I got there the ought out the meal and even after on my way home. The attentiveness is unsurpassed and the ambience is beautiful making a great date night or family night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experiencePapiVIPDined on 9/8/2014We were a big group for a birthday party. The food was amazing and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very traditionalsparkieDined on 9/6/2014Very good food. So traditional to experience the Italian food. Service was promptly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightingFughetabahtitDined on 9/6/2014I truly enjoyed my experience at Buca. My only request is that something be done about the table lighting. In the past, I have noticed the dark spots at tables but not until this visit had I been a victim. Unfortunately, my table was far too dim for my liking. The service and food more than made up for the lighting and, as always, I have enjoyed my experience and will continue to look forward to visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food not gourmet!MargoVIPDined on 9/1/2014Not the first time dining here as my husband likes this chicken and pasta dish with a light tomato cream sauce. I myself prefer a more ecclectric instead of your normal Italian menu. The ambience is great though with so much memorabilia. Worth a tripSpecial Features:
- Cynthia7Dined on 8/29/2014Was our first vist and we will go again. Our bread order came at the end of the meal which was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Relaxing ambianceRelaxingDined on 8/29/2014Celebrated my daughter's 14th birthday with family and absolutely loved the relaxing ambiance. Very soothing lighting and the music was low and relaxing that gave us a feel of true Italy. My daughter wants to go gain very soon and so do I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!lagrillaDined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedKManDined on 8/22/2014My wife can make this meal for a 1/3 of the cost. There are so many better Italian restaurants in the neighborhood that are much less money. We ordered the Chicken Marsala and it tasted like a honey chicken dish from a Chinese restaurant. All of the servers welcomed us as we came in the restaurant and they are overly friendly, but not worth paying for the mediocre frozen dinner tasting Italian food.Special Features:
- davie14Dined on 8/21/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. All of my dining request for seating were fulfilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeGoodfunDined on 8/16/2014Food is good and portions are just right for large parties. Food servers are attentive and lots of fun !! Eating in the kitchen is a hoot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerLauraDined on 8/2/2014Everything was perfect food service wine we always bring friends from out of townSpecial Features:
- The following 316 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Davie reviews archive.
- KindapickyDined on 7/27/2014We had a retirement luncheon for someone from work here and had a great time. It was very quiet---we were seated at a table for eight and had a practically private room. The hostess and waitresses helped us with our choices for food. It was delicious and we were not rushed but stayed to talk a long time after we finished the salad with apples and gorgonzola, eggplant parm, lemon chicken, and baked "ziti" made with whole grain penne. Price was reasonable.Special Features:
- grad celebrationcelebrationDined on 7/20/2014This was the choice my two grandsons had when I told them I wanted a celebration dinner for their graduation. Our group included their mom and step dad, two baby sisters ages 3 and 11 months. We didn't have to wait and the little ones behaved very well with the 11 month old making it almost to the end in her high chair. I was appreciative that I could reserve on line and that you take reservations for groups. We over-ordered, especially with the salad, but that was our fault. I love, love, love your plain warm bread and butter. I actually liked it better than the garlic bread and that is very unusual for me because I am a garlic bread addict! It was overall a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cayugaDined on 7/17/2014Although they added small dishes some time ago, they still do not offer small enough plates for two people to have some choice and to enjoy a meal. All dishes are big enough for at least two very hungry people or for three persons. The wine that comes in carafes is also too large for two people. We felt overwhelmed with all of the food and wine. Also, they give you some plain bread but offer garlic bread for a high price. That should either be a nominal fee or be included. The food was good and if it were in normal portions at normal prices, couples could enjoy themselves here. As it is, we will not return unless we come with a third person or another couple, and then we would have to order very carefully.Special Features:
- MomGarciaDined on 7/12/2014Love Bucca, glad to see it on Open Table and great to have been able to visit again.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!!JimmyDined on 7/12/2014The Davie Buca di Beppo was great. We had a wonderful meal and the service was awesome. He had a few suggetions for us and we went with it. Glad we did as the meal was great. We have had a few bad times at another location, but the Davie made us want to return to this particular restaurant again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiencefoodloverDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed the tour through the kitchen. You know you're eating in a clean place. Great food and liked the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2CelebrateDined on 7/12/2014Atmosphere, food were good, Service could have been better....we were having a birthday celebration with 11 people and there was one waitress. She brought the drinks & set them on the front of table...did not even call out so we knew what was what. The the drinks got confused & we ended up having to ask for 1, then she added it again to the bill. There should have been 2 servers for such a large group. Never asked to help with serving cake, & minor issues. Atmosphere excellent, main complaint was service... maybe she just needed help. Also wasn't friendly...never smiled, never wished Happy Birthday or asked if we needed drink refills. It was a memorable birthday celebration , just wish the service and friendliness were better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, dessert not so goodFiregarciaDined on 7/11/2014The service was outstanding. Our waiter was very pleasant. The food was good until we ordered dessert. We ordered the Mt. Vesuvius. The cake tasted like it was old. It was not moist what so ever. Unfortunately, this ended our evening with a bad taste in our mouth "no pun intended."Special Features:
- horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Dont make a reservation because u will have to wait anyway, then when you are seated you will wait another 15 min before your waitstaff comes to see you. The food was ok but our appetizer came out after our dinner did. Dont go there to celebrate anything because it will be ruined.
- cookieDined on 7/4/2014We enjoy Buca's but it is 45 miles from our house. Please open another one in Miami and we can help with the location. The previous one in Miami Lakes was too far off the beaten path.Special Features: