Buca di Beppo - Columbus
343 North Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (614) 621-3287
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jon Ashworth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Columbus
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Buca di Beppo - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (101)special occasion (61)kid-friendly (49)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (16)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great family-style restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great atmosphere and great food. The baked ziti is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceCmc52910Dined on 11/21/2014I put on the reservation it was a birthday and they its obvious they forgot about it. They sang to us after they noticed open presents and as we were leaving. Also the server was slow, spilled two of our drinks, poured wine for people without asking of we wanted (we didn't), brought bread out way late, didn't offer the oil. They also sat us next to the party room and it was extremly loud. It was a nightmare.
- not so friendly servicetblfor6Dined on 11/16/2014From the moment we sat down our service from greet to end was horrible. Our waiter seemed displeased that he was waiting on us. I thought maybe he was just having a bad day as we all do sometimes. Then he was sat another table of two and gave perfect service to them. We were a family of six and maybe he just isn't family friendly but that doesn't excuse his down right rude behavior and poor at best service. My kids are older do they weren't loud or throwing fits that I know can be an annoying for server's and surrounding guest. Our food was came out and our server sat it on the table and just walked away. My husband was afraid to even ask for crushed red pepper because the server was so stand offish and therefore went through the meal without it. We ordered two desserts because we were celebrating my sons fourteenth birthday and after we wrapped up enjoying those our server asked if we were celebrating anything. We answered yes and explained we had a birthday but there was no need to sing or draw attention in which his response was thanks I hate the birthday song. Next he brought our check and I told him I had a coupon which clearly agitated him because I handed him my phone to write down the code and he tossed my phone onto the table rough enough that it cracked my case. He picked it up handed it back and left to take payment. I realized the damage but chose not to say anything. After much debate between my husband and I we left a little over ten percent tip which we have never done but because of the impeccable service he gave surrounding tables compared to the level of service he gave us the tip was gracious. The tip was not a respresentation of how families tip but was solely based of his service rendered to us. I have worked in food service and managed servers at a restaurant comparable to buca for years and would have to say you have what we would call a staff infection that needs to be addressed.Special Features:
- Why make a reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We had a reservation for 9:30 on a Saturday night but they clearly weren't prepared for us. They scrambled to find a table and ended up asking if we were willing to sit at a high-top table in the bar. This was fine with us but we weren't expecting the tiny bar area with three high-top tables crammed in to where if you're on the side of the table your back is against the adjacent table. There were also a lot of rude patrons in the bar that night, which I realize the restaurant has no control over, but it still took away from our enjoyment. All in all, the food was excellent as always and had our reservation been recognized, and we had been sat in the dining rooms instead of the bar, this would have been a five-star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special event dining.TrinaDined on 11/15/2014We have been here a few times, for special events, and the food was good and wait staff very friendly. I made reservations onliine and we were accomidated very quickly. There was six of us and we had a nice dinner. We (and other tables) were annoyed by what seemed to be a bridal party. They were very loud, cussing, and inappropriate. We would have hoped that someone would have asked them to tone it down a bit, but no one did. I think from the times we are there, it is loud and energetic place, which is great and will happen with big crowds, but this was too extreme. They thought they were in a bar versus at dinner. Other then that, which cannot be controled without causing more of an issue, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cup left behindanonoDined on 11/15/2014This place was very busy and loud. We sat atthe high top table by the bar and people were squeezing by bumping into me every five seconds while i was eating. They need more room in the whole place, we were elbow to elbow with people from the moment we walked in. I am pretty sure they reached their maximum capacity for the night but still accepted people. Then I paid for a souvenier beer glass for around ten bucks and forgot it there. I would have thought the waitress would have brought me a new cup to take home, or rinsed out the one I had and wrapped it up for me?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit to Bucca de BeppoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014All, Thank you for the very good first introduction to Bucca de Beppo! This was a great place for a large, large group with extreme appetites. In other words, there was a lot of food to be had by all!!!! And apparently hundreds of others thought so too because the restaurant was packed at the seems. The downside was that one dish was returned because the child did not like the fettuccini alfredo. It tasted watered down. Also, because there were so many parties/people in the restaurant, we were all very quaint and cozy with others. But this was outweighed by the fact that the restaurant was wheel-chair accessible. One member of our party was in a wheel chair. The restaurant quickly showed us how to get the member and his chair into the restaurant. We definitely enjoyed the experience! And it was a perfect meal before the Columbus Hot Chocolate 15K which took place the following Sunday morning, 16 Nov. Already looking forward to next year's event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucille64Dined on 11/15/2014Made a reservation at Buca's because I wanted my family to be with me to have dinner for my birthday. The food was great, we enjoy the dinner. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Fast, tasty, and fun!MarathonRunnerGirlDined on 11/15/2014Bucas is one of my new favorites. This is my second time to visit Bucas and it was just as good as the first. Every chance I get to eat at Bucas I will take it. Love the food. Love the atmosphere. Perfect place to take large groups and kids. Prices are reasonable considering the amount of food received. A+ all around for Buca di Beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a big disappointment!VerysadDined on 11/11/2014I went because I received gift certificates for my birthday. I liked the family style concept and the decorations, although this restaurant could use some cleaning. We were the only customers there so the 9 employees sitting around doing nothing could've been cleaning. As far as the food.... it was the worst that I've ever had and that was following the recommendations of our waiter. The appetizer was greasy and of very poor quality. The salad looked like it had been soaking in oil for over an hour. The main entree was the worst! I would match this food way down there with some bad fast food. I tipped our waiter good because he was and we didn't complain about the food because we didn't see the point. 80.00! I would have expected good food.
- Great place for groups!GroupReviewDined on 11/9/2014We took a large group there for a corporate meeting. We sat at the pope table and had a great time. It will seat up to 18 people and we were able to have great conversation. Food was excellent and so was the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsTdwagnerDined on 11/8/2014Great food, got us in earlier than our reservation, and exciting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melrogersDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful memorable meal. The food and atmosphere was wonderful!Special Features:
- Buca reviewThelionkingDined on 11/6/2014We had a hard time finding parking. So we were a bit late. They still got us right in....the waitress was awesome making sure we got everything fast so we were not late to our show!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food good timeBooboo7Dined on 11/4/2014The food was great and so was the service! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night for Friends!JamieJDined on 11/4/20143 coworkers and I went to Buca before a hockey game. We shared 2 small entrees and a small salad. Everything was fantastic! The food was so good that we talked of ways to be able to pick it up for our office. The service was very good. She was very helpful with our questions on the portion sizes. Every one we met was as friendly as can be. A great experience and a place that I would highly recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- RomeDined on 11/2/2014Food was good - could have been hotter. Service was fair - we waited a long time for drink refills, ordering and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!ValeTudoDined on 11/1/2014What a great place to spend an evening. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was great. If you are looking for a romantic dinner or just a place for a group, bucca is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had a great time. Our food was ordered prior to getting there, but was lost in the shuffle....no worries, the waiter was great and food was excellent.Special Features:
- Very Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014The food lacked sufficient amount of ingredients like artichokes, dried tomatoes and peas that were part of the menu description. The Rigatoni dish was minimally colored with red sauce. $19.00 for a bowl of pasta with cheese that was hardly covered with red sauce leaves me disappointed. The caesar salad barely had any dressing. The cannoli shells were nearly hollow because they were barely filled with cannoli cream. Overall, I don't recommend this restaurant. I wonder if the people making this food actually eat it because it lacked the essentials that make italian food delicious. The plates were not distributed to the table for either the salad course and the main course until after the food was on the table. Not good service.Special Features:
- ConundrumWineworthyDined on 10/25/2014I'll start by saying the food was great but ONE large entree is enough go four (and this included my husband and 19 yo, both 6'2" and 200 lbs) so order wisely! The atmosphere is bordering on nauseating there is so much of it ... Like every inch of every wall and super tacky (but that's part of the charm). I'm pretty sure the only way to get to the dining room is through the kitchen do they pretend they are touring you through. I figure it's not a bad thing since the kitchen then has incentive to stay clean. Our Buckeyes love going here, what can I say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating BirthdaysWVCrewDined on 10/25/2014We took a trip to Cumbus to celebrate out friend's 40th & our son's 11th birthdays. I reserved the Chef's Table for us online and was seated on time & without a hitch. We had an absolute blast with the staff!! We watched them work, entertained by they're ability to put out so much food and yet take time to enjoy their peers! Roman and Demetrious were outstanding servers & the food was beyond delicious! All of these positive comments directly reflect the successful managment team of this restraunt! We were so lucky to have met Chef Reggie and his Michigan hat!! Thank you Chef Reggie for an unforgettable dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This place is very nice for groups. Wish you could order individual size plates. The food is ok. I've definitely had better Italian elsewhere.Special Features:
- Cool place, a few disappointmentsYummoDined on 10/25/2014Brought some friends here from out of town. Loved the decor and the overall atmosphere. We ordered the baked manicotti. It was tasty but I must say the portion size was not what we were hoping for. We ordered a small and the server said it is enough for 2-4 people. Unfortunately, we left hungry. Our friends ordered a spicy chicken pasta dish and had some left over. Would go back but would not get the manicotti. Also, the restaurant was very loud. Not sure what can be done about that as it was not music, just the other guests at the reataurant. Also, they offer many coupons but only one is allowed per TABLE even if you are clearly two separate families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Incredible drinks, incredible food, incredible time! Couldnt have ask for anything better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Good for a group. I had a large group of children and though we had 20 in our party I told them we would not need food for 20. THey were insistent and we had way too much food. Although they packed it to take home, the salads did not keep and the food was poorly backed up. I had 4or 5 containers of salad that could easily been combined and then they packaged all the red pasta and chicken with the fettucini so my children would not eat it as the sauces mixed together. I did not order dessert, as we had had cake and ice cream earlier but the staff kept pushing it to us in front of kids. Service was good, but they need to listen to their customers when they tell them how much food they need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !yummyDined on 10/19/2014We enjoyed absolutely amazing service and a high quality food experience in the di Beppo Columbus Arena District facility. Dining occasion was just prior to a sold out evening concert at nearby Nationwide Arena, on the same day as the packed Columbus Marathon also began and ended near the Arena District. On a day of MAXIMUM crowds and congestion in all restuarants in the area, our reservation was handled efficently, a table miraculously appeared, and our server ensured that the wonderful food appeared quickly so that we could enjoy and make the concert with time to spare ! Wonderful experience, great staff, great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillLisaDined on 10/19/2014We had a reservation at this restaurant for my son's birthday at 6:30 in the evening- it was over an hour before we were seated. I understand they were busy and we had a party of nine- but that was the reason I made a reservation. They gave us free appetizers, but too little, too late- we won't be back! And the food quality is not as high as it was when they first opened in Columbus...overall a disappointing experience.
- Disaster at Bucadineandwine11Dined on 10/19/2014We had a 6:30 pm reservation the evening of the Fleetwood Mac concert; got seated at 7:10, literally GRABBED a waiter at 7:20 and were told it would take 20-30 min. for our orders. We left because there wasn't time to eat. Prior to leaving we asked to speak to the manager - he would not come out. This was a very disappointing experience. We know the food is good here, and Buca certainly has experience serving large groups of diners before big concerts. I don't know what happened, but am not likely to go back -at least before a show. We also heard the hostess at the check-in station say that she almost called off - not inspiring.Special Features:
- Not one of Buca's better nights..redwinefanDined on 10/19/2014We've eaten here a number of times, typically before a concert or sporting event at Nationwide, and while it's busy, it's usually a good experience. Everything was off this past Sunday evening (we were trying to eat before the Fleetwood Mac concert). Although we had reservations for 6:30pm we weren't seated until 7:20pm, drinks took another 25 minutes, and when the wine came (second bottle we ordered because they were out of the first one we ordered), they were out of glasses. We got our own plates when the salad arrived. Waitress was apologetic but really couldn't do much to help. When the food finally came, it was good, unfortunately we had to eat quickly in order to not miss too much of the show.
- Overwhelmed KitchenOSUfanDined on 10/19/2014We had reservations for 6:15 before the 8:00 Fleetwood Mac concert. This location is adjacent to Nationwide Arena which hosts hockey games, concerts as well as near the baseball field. We were seated at 6:30, that is not unusual for a busy night anywhere. It was absolute chaos inside. Our server was lovely and we ordered our drinks (water) appetizers and salad all at the same time. When she served our salad and bread she said that the appetizer plate was way behind and wasn't sure when it would be ready. We asked what was easy (this is something we will always do from here out!) she made a suggestion, that turned out to be depleted so she brought something else and comped it. We gave her a huge tip. Many people didn't get their food at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConcertdownDined on 10/19/2014Very poor service and overall restaurant a mess. Tried to order numerous wines and all sold out. Tableware out of stock - served wine in champagne glasses and bourbon in glass coffee cups. No preparation for a concert night at Nationwide. Staff constantly making excuses and apologizing. Food was ultimately good, but took almost two hours to receive after ordering. Will never go back or recommend.
- drink servicelocowomanDined on 10/19/2014The restaurant was particularly busy but the bar perhaps wasn't staffed good enough as every time my husband ordered a beer he was told it would be 10 minutes and it did take that or more. We were okay with that but many people wouldn't be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VonsteinDined on 10/19/2014Even with reservation it took 20-25 minutes to be seated. Seated at 6:20. Drinks offered and servered witin 5-8 minutes. Food order within 15 minutes. We didn't receive our food for another 40-45 minutes. Food served at 7:20. We had to hurry because of our concert starting at 8:00. We originally arrived at 5:55 to check in. This was too long to be seated and served. We all would have liked, and expected to have more time to enjoy dining together in our party of four.Special Features:
- NOT PREPARED!!!BuzzojoeDined on 10/19/2014In the past I've had GREAT dinners at this restaurant. This time I took a group of 12 there before a concert at the Nationwide arena. Buca was PACKED. They were literally out of glasses and plates! The server told us that the kitchen was WAY backed up. We were there for 2 hours and never got dinner. Also, 3 people never got their drinks. We had appetizers and wine and had to leave. I'll go there again, but I would have thought that the management there would check out the schedule at the Arena across the street and would be ready when a major concert is going to take place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good place prior to a concertOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014They are incapable of handle full reservations. It took 30 minutes to get our bottle of wine and almost and hour until our meal was served. Try someplace else.
- Minor issuesLuvGoodFoodDined on 10/19/2014Our food was very good. The service was a little slower than I wanted. The server was fine. The proplem seemed to be that she was very busy. we were there pre-concert for Fleetwood Mac. The place was very busy. Our server told us that they had run out of various food, wine and beer. A group beside us had been waiting for almost two hours for their food. They were attending the concert as well. The concert started at 8:00 and by 7:30 they still had not received any food. A nice couple behind them was sharing their food so the ladies would have something to eat before the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJadaDined on 10/19/2014My first visit. Everything was delicious, salad,bread, drinks and entrees. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timbuk2Dined on 10/19/2014great atmosphere but understaffed service was horrible and slow food was pretty good but we were in there for nearly 1 1/2 hrsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerEmKayDined on 10/19/2014I brought my mother out to dinner here, as she had never been to Buca before. The service was fantastic and quick and the food was absolutely delicious. My mother had a wonderful time, which was what made it even better for me.Special Features: