Buca di Beppo - Columbus
343 North Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6146213287x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jon Ashworth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Columbus
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Buca di Beppo - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (94)special occasion (57)kid-friendly (44)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (17)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Amazing !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014We enjoyed absolutely amazing service and a high quality food experience in the di Beppo Columbus Arena District facility. Dining occasion was just prior to a sold out evening concert at nearby Nationwide Arena, on the same day as the packed Columbus Marathon also began and ended near the Arena District. On a day of MAXIMUM crowds and congestion in all restuarants in the area, our reservation was handled efficently, a table miraculously appeared, and our server ensured that the wonderful food appeared quickly so that we could enjoy and make the concert with time to spare ! Wonderful experience, great staff, great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillLisaDined on 10/19/2014We had a reservation at this restaurant for my son's birthday at 6:30 in the evening- it was over an hour before we were seated. I understand they were busy and we had a party of nine- but that was the reason I made a reservation. They gave us free appetizers, but too little, too late- we won't be back! And the food quality is not as high as it was when they first opened in Columbus...overall a disappointing experience.
- Disaster at Bucadineandwine11Dined on 10/19/2014We had a 6:30 pm reservation the evening of the Fleetwood Mac concert; got seated at 7:10, literally GRABBED a waiter at 7:20 and were told it would take 20-30 min. for our orders. We left because there wasn't time to eat. Prior to leaving we asked to speak to the manager - he would not come out. This was a very disappointing experience. We know the food is good here, and Buca certainly has experience serving large groups of diners before big concerts. I don't know what happened, but am not likely to go back -at least before a show. We also heard the hostess at the check-in station say that she almost called off - not inspiring.Special Features:
- Not one of Buca's better nights..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014We've eaten here a number of times, typically before a concert or sporting event at Nationwide, and while it's busy, it's usually a good experience. Everything was off this past Sunday evening (we were trying to eat before the Fleetwood Mac concert). Although we had reservations for 6:30pm we weren't seated until 7:20pm, drinks took another 25 minutes, and when the wine came (second bottle we ordered because they were out of the first one we ordered), they were out of glasses. We got our own plates when the salad arrived. Waitress was apologetic but really couldn't do much to help. When the food finally came, it was good, unfortunately we had to eat quickly in order to not miss too much of the show.
- Overwhelmed KitchenOSUfanDined on 10/19/2014We had reservations for 6:15 before the 8:00 Fleetwood Mac concert. This location is adjacent to Nationwide Arena which hosts hockey games, concerts as well as near the baseball field. We were seated at 6:30, that is not unusual for a busy night anywhere. It was absolute chaos inside. Our server was lovely and we ordered our drinks (water) appetizers and salad all at the same time. When she served our salad and bread she said that the appetizer plate was way behind and wasn't sure when it would be ready. We asked what was easy (this is something we will always do from here out!) she made a suggestion, that turned out to be depleted so she brought something else and comped it. We gave her a huge tip. Many people didn't get their food at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drink servicelocowomanDined on 10/19/2014The restaurant was particularly busy but the bar perhaps wasn't staffed good enough as every time my husband ordered a beer he was told it would be 10 minutes and it did take that or more. We were okay with that but many people wouldn't be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VonsteinDined on 10/19/2014Even with reservation it took 20-25 minutes to be seated. Seated at 6:20. Drinks offered and servered witin 5-8 minutes. Food order within 15 minutes. We didn't receive our food for another 40-45 minutes. Food served at 7:20. We had to hurry because of our concert starting at 8:00. We originally arrived at 5:55 to check in. This was too long to be seated and served. We all would have liked, and expected to have more time to enjoy dining together in our party of four.Special Features:
- NOT PREPARED!!!BuzzojoeDined on 10/19/2014In the past I've had GREAT dinners at this restaurant. This time I took a group of 12 there before a concert at the Nationwide arena. Buca was PACKED. They were literally out of glasses and plates! The server told us that the kitchen was WAY backed up. We were there for 2 hours and never got dinner. Also, 3 people never got their drinks. We had appetizers and wine and had to leave. I'll go there again, but I would have thought that the management there would check out the schedule at the Arena across the street and would be ready when a major concert is going to take place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good place prior to a concertOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014They are incapable of handle full reservations. It took 30 minutes to get our bottle of wine and almost and hour until our meal was served. Try someplace else.
- Minor issuesLuvGoodFoodDined on 10/19/2014Our food was very good. The service was a little slower than I wanted. The server was fine. The proplem seemed to be that she was very busy. we were there pre-concert for Fleetwood Mac. The place was very busy. Our server told us that they had run out of various food, wine and beer. A group beside us had been waiting for almost two hours for their food. They were attending the concert as well. The concert started at 8:00 and by 7:30 they still had not received any food. A nice couple behind them was sharing their food so the ladies would have something to eat before the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My first visit. Everything was delicious, salad,bread, drinks and entrees. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I brought my mother out to dinner here, as she had never been to Buca before. The service was fantastic and quick and the food was absolutely delicious. My mother had a wonderful time, which was what made it even better for me.Special Features:
- Great Food Lousy ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Booked a reservation a month in advance and showed up 1/2 hour early as per the restaurants request. Still waited over an hour... Greet staff was rude and seemed very disorganized and short! (Sighing.. Rolling eyes at customers..) waitress was absolutely amazing and food was great. Kudos to her for saving face!!!Special Features:
- ConsistentTLABLCKDined on 10/18/2014Having dined at several different Buca di Beppo restaurants, one great thing about them is they are all the same. Usually always crowded, loud, with good food. You know what you are getting when you walk in the door. Reservations have always been extremely important when I have gone. And this time was no different. Seated within five minutes of reservation time, prompt service by the server, and the food came out quickly and as expected. The server was a little busy and somewhat distracted, so that could have been better. But overall, for as busy as the restaurant was we were able to sit, order and eat all within in an hour and ten minutes (party of four).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Race PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I made a reservation. Which was not honored. Our party of two was given a table for 6 even though there were other larger parties waiting. We were not even served water or assigned a waiter for over 30 minutes. It took over an hour to get pasta and salad. We were never served bread. We never saw the same waiter twice. This was not the usual experience I have at a Buca.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Despite being a downtown and convention location, the restaurant was clearly unprepared for the demand. 6:15 reservations, finally got food around 7:25p, left at 8pm. Server was pleasant but had way too many tables to cover. We were just abandoned after getting served.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Buca di Beppo is exactly what you expect. Good food with a lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Food Food!MarathonRunnerGirlDined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing. The atmosphere was fun and family friendly. It felt like everyone one in the restaurant was part of the same group. It felt like a big Italian style family dinner. We are making a special trip to Columbus just to go to Buca with the rest of our family. We ran the Columbus Half marathon the next day and the food the night before from Buca was the perfect carbing up meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Buca never lets me down. Good food for good value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunDrprofessorDined on 10/16/2014Always enjoy taking new people to Buca's. Not many restaurants that are this different in atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always fun and goodTrollsDadVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a great location, always busy and always consistent. A bit of a tradition for us before a family hockey night. Its hard to go wrongSpecial Features:
- First time at BucaFirsttimersDined on 10/9/2014The food was awesome and our waitress was so helpful and nice! The style of dining is great for large groups or for sharing. Gotta try it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagna!EconJohnDined on 10/8/2014The lasagna is delicious! The Italiano Pizza Supreme was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Great service, big selection, delicious food...would make this place a regular spot if I lived here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJSETTDined on 10/4/2014As an Italian I enjoy great Italian food that I don't have to cook! :) Buca has great food, fun atmosphere and was perfect for my boyfriends birthday dinner with family and friends. Large portions and the family style dining make it perfect to enjoy with those you love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAKcindybennyDined on 10/4/2014My hubby, son and I went to dinner on Sat October 4th. It was crowded busy and loud but the food was good and our waiter was attentive and the food was quick to be deliviered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loves PastasLucille64Dined on 10/4/2014We have been there quite a few times. Great atmosphere and very friendly staffs. Keep it up good work. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Asked for a quiet table, got a room with large loud group. Asked for cheesy garlic bread, told could not have due to using coupon, asked for other salad dressings, told only serve vinegar/oil dressing. The server only came back once to refill drinks.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceLucilleRaeDined on 9/23/2014Had never been there - but walked past it many times...definitely not a walk-by anymore! Delicious food and extremely large portions- sharing a meal is recommended. Impressed with the size of the place- can seat so many! We went on a night when it wasn't too packed and got lucky with an outside table. Our waiter was very attentive and served us well. We will definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FUN AND FOOD!pastayumDined on 9/17/2014I had setup reservations for lunch for my group of 12 at the Arena District restaurant. We were given the Pope Table which is always a fun experience. The server Amanda was AWESOME! The food was brought out quickly and was excellent. Our server was very well informed about the menu and was able to give guidance to some in our group who are vegan on the best choices for food on the menu. The music had a few feet tapping and was just a great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The customers in the restaurant were very loud. We couldn't talk at our table very well. With all of the birthday and bridal celebrations, there was alot of hollering to be done by the employees..We didn't enjoy ourselves. Our waitress was very good.
- Yumm!sticksforfoodDined on 9/13/2014Great food, great time, however more enjoyable when in a group. We were just a party of two this time and were seated in a room away from everyone. It was a little lonely....Special Features:
- Dental divasSweetTDined on 9/12/2014We had a great time. Cody was an awesome server, even though he was slammed w tables.Special Features:
- ServiceAandjDined on 9/6/2014We were sat down in a booth, we set there for 15 minutes and no one came to take our order. We had to get someone's attention and ask them if we could get someone to take our order. A waitress then came to our table. It wasn't even her table, she didn't know where the girl was that should have taken our order. The young lady who took our order was wonderful. She was very apologetic and super nice. Our booth was out of her area, she still made the time to make sure everything was ok. I sure wish I could remember her name, she she could get a pat on the back. The food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We loved going to Buca. The food was very good and there was plenty. We order a large meal for 4 girls and took leftovers home for a family of 3 to then have for lunch the next day. Plenty of food and very good.Special Features:
- Would not recommendMugsDined on 8/30/2014We were there for a birthday party and we didn't have any birthday cards on the table. Then me and my mother took the ice bucket challenge when the waiter spilled 8 glasses of water on us. Then the kicker, you could only use one coupon per party and we had 20 guest and they forgot to sing to my daughters. They also ran out of a few items as well.
- Great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Went to Buca for my bachelorette party. Had a wonderful time. We were seated right away for a party of 12. Food was delicious, service was great, and it was a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diappointedcoderedDined on 8/23/2014I realize it has been awhile sine my last visit but I didn't expect such a difference. The food was really bland. We come for Garlic and richness. This was a total disappointment. I had to add salt and pepper and still was not impressed. And don't get me started on the FIRE ALARM. I would have thought we would at least be compensated something for having to sit thru that for over 10min. It will be a long time before we visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Was there to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary and we were seated in the area with many parties going on bachelorette and 3 birthdays! Singing was great but would have liked to of set were it was a little less noise. Other than that experience was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Birthday DinnerBirthdayBashDined on 8/13/2014We had a surprise 76th Birthday party celebration for our Mother. Despite the excitement level of the many Katy Perry fans that were in the restaurant early on, the staff did an amazing job of helping us to celebrate our Mom's special day.Special Features: