Buca di Beppo - Claremont
505 West Foothill Boulevard
Claremont, CA 91711Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Claremont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 9093993287x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jacinto Mayorga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Claremont
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Claremont - Best Restaurants in Claremont ›
Buca di Beppo - Claremont reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (71)special occasion (56)kid-friendly (36)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (17)romantic (16)scenic view (8)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I always go to buca for special occasions with friends. We always go all-out and get salad,bread, pasta, eggplant parm., and dessert which is cannolis and something else. The food is amazing and I love the food is served family style. I had great service. The only change I would like to see is the vegetarian lasagna added as a full-time menu item. As a vegetarian this would give another great option though I love the penne a la vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate for Family Style dinningRDMLCEADined on 10/17/2014Lots of food, fun and colorful atmosphere. We were less than impressed with the wait staff knowledge and service. The penne vodka was very hot--and unexpected--they did exchange it...Special Features:
- Albert JaureguiAJ22enjoyDined on 10/17/2014Grea food and service the family enjoy themselves and the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICELOUIDined on 10/12/2014LOVE THE EXPERIENCE ,VERY NICE WAITRESS,GREAT SERVICE DELICIOUS FOOD.Special Features:
- Nice PlacedrinksandfriendsDined on 10/11/2014The food was good, we had a lot of fun. Great place to enjoy some cocktails and you friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!PizzaLoverDined on 10/11/2014Had dinner with our kids before Homecoming. It was quite loud in the restaurant but we could understand. Best pizza in the area though!! Definitely going back soon. It's nice to know some places still take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Came to Buca for dinner Saturday night, we were celebrating a birthday. Our group 11 ordered 3 large entrees, salad, and appetizers EVERYTHING was amazing. The service was great and my party had an awesome time. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always leave happySoCalGalDined on 10/4/2014We frequent this Buca many times throughout the year. The food is always delicious & consistently scrumptious from beginning to end. Love to take home any leftovers to enjoy at a later time. Their Red Sangria is oh so good too!Special Features:
- best birthday dinnerramsgirl76Dined on 10/3/2014This was my best birthday dinner ever! Tge place was very loud and packed nut tgat was perfect because tge kids could be themselves, and our conversation was masked by everyone elses. Food was ridiculous! So darn good. Tge beppo 1893 salad was fabulous! They took a bunch of photis of our party of 10 and they were so good we bought tgem all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and funLovetoeatDined on 10/2/2014You can always expect a great meal and fun atmosphere when at Buca. The Buca in Claremont always has great service and makes you feel welcome like they have been waiting for you to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Brain Surgery!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Long story short, we pre-ordered our food to try and make it easier for everyone involved, clearly that did not work out very well. Our salads arrived, then our pizza's arrived, then our drinks arrived, then our veggies arrived - we cancelled the chicken - never got bread - it was a mess!
- High end dining or tacky restaurantcastm480Dined on 9/19/2014Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, so we celebrated with a couple of friends. The food we ordered was absolutely fabulous (Buca di salad L, Calimari L, Broccoli L, Frutti di Mare L, Spaghetti and Meatballs L). Complaints. Service needs to be improved. Waitress forgot a couple of things and had to be reminded more than once. Drinks weren't refilled very often. Price. $150 for 6 people! Why so tacky? Pictures. Just do the complimentary picture and be up front about the cost of buying. Birthday candle? At least give a scoop of ice cream to the Birthday.Special Features:
- Delayed ordermissedmealDined on 9/14/2014My wife ordered her meal when I did. Mine arrived and hers did not. We canceled her meal and were not charged for hers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTinanovoDined on 9/14/2014We always enjoy this restaurant and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Buca di Beppo bad experienceElsaDined on 9/14/2014We went to celebrate a special occasion and unfortunately the service was poor. The main dish that my family loves, lasagna, was sold out. Our salad and one of the dishes came promptly but the rest of our food took a long time to be ready. In total we were there over two hours partly because our waiter forgot that we were waiting for more food and the other explanation we got was that the kitchen was a mess and it would be a while before our food was ready. We were offered a free desert as an apology, and my husband accepted. Anyway, I will never go back to that location. I've had much better experiences at other locations.
- bucca di Beppo is amazingLoveDined on 9/6/2014My family and I went to Bucca di Beppo in Claremont we had reservations and we're seated on time we had a party of 11 . The waiter was very attentive took our order for drinks then gave us a few minutes to order our food . He would come by often to see if we needed anything . The only thing I did not like was that the women's restroom had ran out of toilet paper so I told one of the waiters it was a very busy night but I feel they should have somebody over looking that dept. But other than that the the service and food were amazing . We would definitely return to this restaurant. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucca Di DeliciouslovepizzapieDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant is open late so we had a 9:15 reservation on a Friday night and it was not overcrowded and noise levels were minimal. For a table of four we shared a small pizza and small pasta and there were still leftovers. Pizza was great, thin crust, and the chicken carbonara pasta was delicioso. Overall a great Friday night eaterySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I assumed that the food would be good and the service would be decent. I underestimated both. The food was spectacular and the service was excellent. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but dryTinmanDined on 8/31/2014Service was great ambiance was as always good but food was a little dry.other than that great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter Mr. Ed was fantastic, he was on the ball! for 17 guest, and one waiter he did a great job. Thumbs up!Special Features:
- The only bummer...LoveBucadiBeppoDined on 8/24/2014The kitchen was out of lasagna, we ordered a basket of house bread and never received it, we received one of our entrees well after we'd received the other entrees and in fact had to ask when it would be coming out. Overall it was a very good experience but just seemed a bit off with the lack of items and wait time to receive our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKtlnzmomDined on 8/23/2014Our main server was good but the second server who waited on the table next to us seemed rude and unhelpful. Our busboy was excellent. He kept our glasses filled and brought any thing we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BalisimoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent service and food would recommend any time to anyone. Very eclectic atmosphere and fun. Our family goes here for special occasions. It is always enjoyable. Chicken Parmigiano, mixed salad with extra olives and Macaroni Rosa is to die for, desert isn't bad either Hi HiSpecial Features:
- SassyDined on 8/14/2014I celebrated my 72 birthday at Bucca's with friends and family. We all came home very feeling very happy with the good food and the staff was awesome.Special Features:
- too expensiveGood4thePriceDined on 8/10/2014The waiter should have warned us about the size of dishes. Too expensive for pasta.Special Features:
- corvettegrampyDined on 8/10/2014The food and service at Buca is always good. This time it was exceptional. Thank you for making a birthday extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decently predictableComanchepilotVIPDined on 7/31/2014Every time I come and get something different because you will basically like everything - They have food specials online so download a coupon and have someone in your party get that - this past time by drink cost more than my meal - and that should not happen in any restaurant. Would be nice if they offered their drink specials without the stupid flashing cup that I don't really want to take home for $10 instead of $14 . . .
- Great tasting foodlove2visitnewplacesDined on 7/30/2014This was my first time at Buca Di Beppo, they have great tasting food. I love the family size portions. Atmosphere was nice and cozy. Noise level was energetic but were a big family so we like it that way. We did get seated in the back of the restaurant. Air conditioning wasn't as nice as the front, but the staff was accommodating by allowing us to move to a different table. We were there to celebrate my daughters 19th birthday. They did sing, but no free dessert. I know they don't have to supply anything, but it would have been nice, especially when you have so many other dining places who do give a free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD SERVICE/ GREAT FOODEnjoy2dineDined on 7/29/2014I love the food there, however the service was terrible. The restaurant was empty and some how it took forever to get the house bread and first appetizer out to us. It also took forever for our main courses to come out. Our waitress kept apologizing for the delay. The manager never visited our table and inquired about our dinner, but the restaurant photographer sure visited to collect the money for our photos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West FamilyMomgivesita10Dined on 7/25/2014Food is always great. Service also very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BdB.Kennedy42Dined on 7/19/2014Our party of seven had a wonderful time dining at Buca do Beppo. The wait staff was terrific and very knowledgeable. They went out of their way to accommodate our son who has life threatening allergies. All of the food was outstanding but the tiramisu is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy-handed with the red pepperOtterMamaDined on 7/19/2014We started with fried mozzarella and bruschetta. The cheese was perfectly prepared - fresh cheese lightly breaded and not overfried. The bruschetta was beautifully presented but tomato chunks were so large it was difficult to keep on the crostini. We ordered spicy chicken rigatoni (it WAS spicy but very little chicken), veal parmigiana (very tender and not overfried), prosciutto-stuffed chicken breasts (moist and tender), Italian broccoli romano (almost no parmesan and so much red pepper that it was inedible), stuffed shells and garlic mashed potatoes (both unremarkable), and pizza bianca (deliciously garlicky). Desserts were canneloni (eh) and creme cake (outstanding). Service was so-so for early Sat evening and not at capacity.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Seriously I've liked this place my whole life!!! It has amazing food and great servers that ACTUALLY do there job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average FoodStarfoxDined on 7/12/2014The pizza came to our table lukewarm. The Chicken Florentine pasta barely had any taste. The tiramisu had less rum flavor than before. Overall, it was a shadow of the Bucca I went two years ago. And the music was too loud.
- horribleyalanizDined on 7/11/2014Horrible. THe worst food I have ever paid for. Very bland had to add salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers to at least be able to swallow it
- Nothing specialKrystleDined on 7/8/2014Came her for my bday on a tuesday 7/8 . Server was awesome! Wish I remembered his name! Other than the rest was not impressive. They had tables sitting super close together as if the place was way over crowded when it wasn't. Felt like it was vday or something. I had to sqweze myself in between the tables just to sit down. Hosts are super rude. Walked and and they just stare at you. We walked out without them saying thank you or good night. I will not be coming back to this location. Brea location have much nicer employees. Makes your dinning experience enjoyable.Special Features:
- 21st Birthday CelebrationlovefoodDined on 7/8/2014Had a private room for party of 15 with large lazy susan in middle. Was excellent for our big group. Service was very good and everyone had a great time! The only thing I can say is we over ordered for our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014This was my second time eating here and it was just as wonderful as the first!! The staff was nice and attentive and the food was amazing!!! I will be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunlover13Dined on 7/4/2014Delicious food!!! Great ambiance!!! Quick service!!! We look forward to dining here again!Special Features:
- Very disappointingJanelleDined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation and were seated right quickly, then everything went downhill. We ordered drinks and waited over ten minutes, with the server stopping by once to say she was on her way to get them. We placed our order, which included an appetizer and two entries. We waited, and waited, and finally received our appetizer, and our entries. It's annoying when you don't have time to enjoy the appetizer, or if you do, then your entrée gets cold . Also, the entries were so salty we hardly ate any. Our server never stopped by to check on us. A bus boy noticed we were done and boxed our food, not our server. When the server picked up our check to run our card it was almost 15 minutes before we received it back for signature.