Buca di Beppo - Cincinnati
2635 Edmondson Road
Norwood, OH 45209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5133967673x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Alice Kline
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Cincinnati
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Norwood ›
Buca di Beppo - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (68)special occasion (51)kid-friendly (37)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (11)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had a great time at Buca di Beppo. We made reservations earlier in the week, which turned out to be a good idea. The wait time when we arrived was 40 minutes for walkins. The food was delicious and plentiful, our server, Paige, was exceptional. The food arrived more quickly than expected for as busy as the restaurant was. The only issue was the noise level. Two older women in out party had hearing issues and the noise level made these issues worse. Otherwise a very nice time was had by all and we will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Great food, sketchy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Second consecutive trip to Buca where the food was great as always, and the service was unacceptable. Last visit, didn't see our waitress after we ordered until we were trying to get the bill. Other tables seated 20 minutes after us got their food 20 minutes before us. One of our party's orders came when the rest of us were done eating. Decided to give it another try. This visit, service was good during our meal, but our waitress was unable to produce the correct bill in four attempts. Had to alert the manager to get the correct bill. Really unacceptable.
- BucaCyleeDined on 9/21/2014I thought the food was very good. I had chicken parm and spaghetti and meatballs. I came to celebrate my birthday with family. The downside of the visit was the service. The waiter didn't give us more oil for our bread and took away the bowl of spaghetti before we were done with it. He seemed to want us to hurry up even though we were not there that long.Special Features:
- as usual.....poetmartinDined on 9/20/2014Great experience as usual. Never a disappointment. Go once, you will be hooked!Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereDHookDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere is fun and interesting for a large group. The family style ordering can be a challenge for different tastes. The Caesar Salad was great. Fettucine Alfredo was very bland and expensive for what you get. The "Garlic Bread" had no garlic or butter on it. Was basically the bread toasted. Cheese Manicotti was good and the marinara was very flavorful. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!1310Dined on 9/12/2014Food was delicious! We had a birthday party of 20, ranging from infant and up, and everyone loved the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Place!MandMMetDined on 9/11/2014I took my Mom here for lunch to celebrate her birthday. Our server was Shawna and she was Wonderful. She recommended the Chicken Glorioso and it was absolutely Delicious!!! We also tried the baked Ziti, and it was really good also. We had such a nice long and relaxing lunch and she took really great care of us. We look forward to returning with both of our husbands and trying some more items on their menu.Special Features:
- noname1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food is quite good and the menu has many item. Young grandchildren are fascinated by the decor, and generate many questions - such as "why do they still have Christmas lights up?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014the food was excellent,everything was nice and hot,just the way it should be,and the service was great.we really enjoyed celebrating my grandaughter's 18th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Novelty Diningpickydiner4Dined on 8/24/2014This is a great restaurant for a special occasion novelty dining experience. All the pictures on the walls add to the fun atmosphere, as well as the friendliness and the helpfulness of the wait staff. Being given a tour of the kitchen on the way to the table was also a special treat. However, while the selection of food is wonderful, I found the family size portions to be a bit of a problem. Due to the diverse tastes of my group, ordering a portion to share proved difficult. Even the smallest portions serve at least two to four people which doesn't suit individual diners. Since the prices reflect the large portions, this restaurant would be out of my budget for me to dine here regularly. It is good for groups who can split the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchAnniversaryDined on 8/14/2014Went for lunch expected a little faster of service but after a 2 hr experience wow too long for lunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodfoodisdabestDined on 8/10/2014My family and I went to bucca di beppo for my birthday and it was a very fun experience. I loved that the food was served family style and I liked that since it was my birthday they brought a candle to our table and sang BUCCA DI BEPPO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONGSpecial Features:
- Food was good, service was too slowcc602Dined on 8/8/2014We went to Buca to celebrate our 11th anniversary, which seemed like a good idea since I proposed to my wife after we ate at the same restaurant. Everything started fine, and our food came out in a reasonable amount of time, but it took forever to get a refill on our drinks, and since our server never brought us water in the first place, we spent a lot of time being thirsty, waiting for someone to notice us. Our server eventually came and asked us if I wanted another drink but ignored my wife's empty glass, then never brought me the drink. We had to wait for another server to come ask us if we needed anything, and at that point we were tired of being there. We used to enjoy going to Buca, but the high price just isn't worth going back.Special Features:
- ShutUpandHoldOnDined on 8/8/2014Food was great and the service was just what we were looking for something fast so we could get to our concert on time. Keep up the good work Buca di Beppo :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not get requested seatingDawnDined on 8/1/2014I was taking my son to Buca for the first time. I had requested either kitchen seating or somewhere fun in the restaurant for a kid coming for the first time. When we got there, they took us straight to the bar. They sat us in a booth at the bar where the music was not turned up as loud as it plays in the restaurant - you could barely hear it (maybe so people could hear the TV's in the bar?). What we could hear loud and clear was the constant noise of the blender making mixed drinks for the customers in the restaurant along with all the employees hanging out chatting at the register at the bar... since our "Good Booth" was located right next to the register and blender in the bar. My server was new. I had to find my server 3 times.Special Features:
- Good experience overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014We went for our son's 5th birthday. The experience was good overall. Their ticket printer broke and our entrees took extremely long, but the manager comped the food that was delayed, which was nice. We would return because they worked to make the disappointing part better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend's first, not mine.Love2BuccaDined on 7/25/2014I recently had the pleasure of treating my friend to Bucca De Beppo's. She has never been and I wanted to re-pay for a deed of kindness she has done for me. It was the right choice of re-payment, the food and service was excellent and the atmosphere was very energetic to say. We both had a very wonderful time of fun and food. The cake that we had for desert looked very scrumpscious and tasted even more than that. She loved her first time as a Bucca and enjoyed the look of the place as well. It is all very interesting and entertaining to look at, never a dull moment. We will both be back for future patronage. Thank you for a job well done. I couldn't have asked for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHHIDaveDined on 7/20/2014Our waiter kept sneaking up with drink refills, bread, and food...he was there before we knew we needed him...and gone when we didn't. Way too much food, but that is standard at Buca's when it is just 2 of us. We will be back many times.Special Features:
- Out with the boysMilforditeDined on 7/20/2014I decided to take my two sons (ages 15 and 22) out to dinner on a Sunday night, armed with coupons (check online before going) and a gift certificate. The place was pretty empty, but the staff was also trimmed back a bit, so the service seemed a touch slow...nothing to really complain about though. Service was okay. I like the family-style environment. I'd say the food quality and prices are between Olive Garden and Maggiano's...closer to Maggiano's.Special Features:
- lindaVIPDined on 7/13/2014nice time with good service and good food. It was very enjoyable and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place to EatLidaDined on 7/13/2014Buca is always a fun place to eat, and I think their menu has something for everyone. A little loud, but not objectionable, and the service is always top notch. For a chain, they do an excellent job with tasty food.Special Features:
- Above The NormNotImpressedDined on 7/12/2014Great food, good service. Some service opportunities were missed, however I am sure just by accident; these things happen.Special Features:
- Buca for Dinner with friendsIke71Dined on 7/8/2014My wife and I took our good friends for dinner at Buca. They had never been to one. We have frequented Buca often and was thrilled to expose them to real Italian food with great flavor, huge portions, and specialties like the Chicken Marsala that Buca makes better than anyone. I am Italian and do not get excited eating at Italian restaurants other than Buca! Our friends loved it and plan to take their family there very soon. A great night with wonderful flavors, and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Families Welcome HereCareerSageDined on 7/7/2014I chose Buca for my son's birthday with his family of 3 children -- ages 5, 4, and 1. It was perfect! We timed our visit for 4 PM, which meant that we were nearly the only ones in the restaurant for a while. Our server was incredible. She not only helped us with family choices, but also offered great suggestions. My son is a chef -- and he was greatly impressed not only by the food, but also by the kid-friendly, unique atmosphere. This was not my first visit to Buca by far, but it was my son's -- and it won't be the last!Special Features:
- DinneriliadDined on 7/5/2014We had 4 adults and two tensors. Food was good and service friendly and efficient. Good for family outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSashaRojaVIPDined on 6/29/2014Asked for booth through Open Table shown to a table. PLaced in room celebrating a birthday with many kids, not able to have an adult conversation.Asked to be reseated told there were no other booths, when we went through Bar all booths were emptyds of undone tables/dishes piled high very unpleasant appearance in general. Ran out of our first two choices-I guess if we had ordered spaghetti we could have had it. Suggestive selling of glasses times 3X. Not going back any time soon -loved this place in the beginning and their Gorgonzola Apple salad.Special Features:
- Not as god as I expectedWeekenddinerDined on 6/15/2014We were seated in an area with very cold air blowing on us and we were extremely uncomfortable. We had to ask twice to talk to a manager about it. Half way through dinner a manager turned down the air. Today I have a sore throat. Our waitress was very good at being absent. We had to ask for our bread after food was already served and for refills on our beverages. The food was good but I am wondering if the portions are smaller or prices have gone up as we usually had more leftovers and our bill was very high for the amount we got. Just as we were leaving a table of 4 adults and 5 small children entered our area. The children were all screaming and banging on the table.. It was time to go! Probably won't be going back too soon.Special Features:
- Dad's Favorite Italian RestaurantMarisuDined on 6/15/2014We came here for our extended family's Easter celebration and we decided to hold our Father's Day celebration here also. I think we'll be celebrating more special occasions at Bucca di Beppo. The food is excellent, service is very good and the atmosphere is greatSpecial Features:
- First TimeCharmaineDined on 6/14/2014We visited for the first time on 6/14 for a retirement dinner. Everything and everyone were wonderful!! It was a great experience and will return as soon as we can!!!The quantity of the servings was a surprise and we took home leftovers. Good Time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service could be improvedSlowDined on 6/7/2014Had 11 people on our party. The food was fine but I thought the service was on the slow side. Water wasn't filled; waited for plates after appetizers were delivered. Didn't ask us if we needed more bread. Started to pour olive oil in dipping bowl & ran out of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the FamilyDiner45VIPDined on 6/7/2014You should know what you are getting before you go in. It's a chain. But the food is actually really good. Unfortunately - the service is not as good as the food. The service (from manager to server to busser) clearly is from a Applebee's or Friday's background. They are loud, without personality, and interested in getting you in and out. I'm sure they barely heard what we were saying. But the thing that stood out to me was how freakin' loud they were. It was as if they thought they needed to drown out everything else and ONLY they could be heard. Ridiculous really. The manager was the worst offender. We were having a conversation at the table and she just started talking 8 feet away from the table. So loud. So rude. Bummer.Special Features:
- Great Place for a CelebrationFlybone89Dined on 6/7/2014Buca is a great place to go when you have a party of 6 or more, because it has a fun atmosphere and family style dining. The family style dining where you share large plates fits well with groups where you can order multiple dishes and share away! The food is ok - its not the best Italian - but its not bad either. The Spicy Chicken Rigatoni was the best dish we had, but the Fettuccine Alfredo was only so so. Our server was very nice, attentive and helpful. And the various themed rooms and large tables just scream "let's celebrate." The price is ok even though at first it seems the entrees are expensive. But keep in mind most entrees serve 2-4+ so don't order one for each!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Loved having a room to ourselves, which was probably a good thing because our group can be kind of loud. But we had a great time, enjoyed all the selections of food and loved the pictures on the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your rules about coupons..BadCouponRulesDined on 6/6/2014My family and I (a group of 15) ate here and did have a good time. However when it was time to pay, we all have separate checks, the waitress comes back and says only one coupon per table. If your party is so large that it takes up 3 or more tables and you say we can only use one coupon, does not make sense. You advertise coupons everywhere and we all have them, that's a big reason why we even chose to dine here. It put a damper on the night because everyone was arguing about coupons! A "table" should be ONE table, not three slid together. We will all think twice before bringing our big groups here again. We all have small kids and eating out gets expensive. Maybe next time we should pick a cheaper place instead of Bucca de Beppos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 607 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Cincinnati reviews archive.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We were there with a party of 12 celebrating my daughter's high school graduation. The staff was fantastic - they catered to her and her special day. They gave her a special sign and we all signed...what a great memory for her. The food was great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate at bestYumChickenDined on 5/31/2014I recently dined here to celebrate my sister's graduation. We were all very excited, but left less than satisfied. The atmosphere was very energetic and welcoming! All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our waitress was wonderful. She kept our drinks filled and was easily available. We were a party of 8 among several other parties and she worked very well to keep us happy. The food was the problem. Family style is wonderful, but the prices are too expensive for what you get. Everything was cooked fine, waiting time was ok, but the food was bland. I could get better tasting food at Olive Garden for less. Food tasted like something I could make at home, lacked passion, and didn't taste like anything special. The environment is the draw.Special Features:
- fun and fantasticRhondak1Dined on 5/31/2014Always enjoy our time here! The food is always delicious and you can count on it always being done right the first time. Love the sangria and pizza aribiatta is a favorite! Wonderful for parties and my kids always enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaymufan1984Dined on 5/31/2014We were celebrating graduation. The atmosphere was festive, and a bit loud. The food was good but not great. I was not pleased to discover that five of the drinks "included" glasses, inflating the price of the drinks. After some discussion, they agreed to count 2 of the drinks as refills. Still, I was not there to shop for stemware.Special Features:
- SusieDined on 5/26/2014Everything was great until the hostess sat a family practically on top of us. The mother and father were extremely close (about 12 inches away). That was quite uncomfortable for them and us. The entire restaurant only had a handful of people, why on earth would the hostess sit them that close to us? There were no other people in this specific room besides us. Other than that it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLoudloudloudDined on 5/25/2014Everything was great except we had a large group and we were put with other large groups so it was very loud next time I would request to be in a separated room..tables were to close together and we couldn't hear each other when we tried to talk ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.