Buca di Beppo - Chicago - Rush and Grand
521 North Rush Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Chicago - Rush and Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 3123960001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10;00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Victor Gallegos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Cross Street: Grand Ave
- Public Transit: We are located two blocks east of the Grand Red Line Stop. The Free trolley from Navy Pier stops at our front door.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Discounted Parking available in the Garage at 10 east Grand Ave. Ask Restaurant Host for Validation Ticket. Discounted rate is $12 for 3 hours or less.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Chicago - Rush and Grand
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds up to two and BUCA LARGE feeds up to four. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our décor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Chicago - Rush and Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was not as good asamesDined on 1/12/2013The food was not as good as we had before some years ago which left us a little disappointed. One of the servers knocked over a beer and did not offer to replace it. We felt rushed toward the end of the meal. Maybe because it was the last day the restaurant was going to be opened before they close for good because their lease was up.Special Features:
- Have eaten here several timesDaveSchanDined on 1/11/2013Have eaten here several times and always enjoyed the food. Quantities are large. Good place for family outings-- informal enough and loud enough to cover children activity. Probably not the place to go for a 'special night' for two. $10 off coupons are plentiful, so check website before heading there.Special Features:
- Tons of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013You better be hungry to eat here because the servings are enormous. Great place to go with 4 or more people.Special Features:
- Not bad, but underwhelms whenCMM27VIPDined on 1/3/2013Not bad, but underwhelms when compared to the many other Italian competitors in Chicago. If you are a local, I would avoid the tourist / business traveler atmosphere and go with something a little more authentic. Overall, food was good - but portions are huge so beware. Based on menu, etc. I would say their closest competitor is Maggiano's who beats them both in food and atmosphere. Best suited for groups or lunch based on proximity to business's and Michigan ave. shopping.Special Features:
- Laaaarge entrees! Great forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Laaaarge entrees! Great for dining with a group of friends. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Wide wine selection. Authentic italian food! Loved it!Special Features:
- Great Food...BIG portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The food was fabulous, as usual at a Buca di Beppo. The service was wonderful and very attentive, especially considering it was NYE. Please remember, the portions are LARGE! The table next to us each ordered their own plate and boy, they had a lot of food. As an appetizer, I recommend the Cheesy Bread Florentine- not too light, not too heavy. We also loved the Quattro al Forno, which had four different items and really appealed to me (a vegetarian) and my hubby, a big meat eater.Special Features:
- The manager agatha who worksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2012The manager agatha who works at the host stand was horrible. She was very rude and yelled at us and turned customers away when there were tables open. Our waitress was great but because of agatha she ruined our whole experience
- Great food in a very interesting,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012Great food in a very interesting, eclectic setting, perfect for families and groups.Special Features:
- Fried mozzarella wasn't asFoodmaven1VIPDined on 12/27/2012Fried mozzarella wasn't as great as before. Mancotti was great. I'll come back as always for the ziti. The San Remo I didn't like, but my husband did. Was crowded for the first time ever. Service was grest this time. My raspberry cream soda was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Large Family Friendly ;)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Having a large family, eating out becomes a very expensive adventure. Buca however seems to cater to the demographic of large families. The portions were "very generous" and the taste was fantastic. Finally the price was very reasonable. If you have a large family to feed on a budget this place is worth the visit.Special Features:
- YUK !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2012Always wondered why I avoided Buca di Beppo...now I know...it was not good at all...the food was mediocre at best...it is definetly a tourist trap...or for people that don't know any better...Special Features:
- Great food!! Really fastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Great food!! Really fast service! Very nice waiter! Overall really fun and delicious dinner!Special Features:
- Great experience on Christmas.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Great experience on Christmas. Will definitely return when visiting Chicago. Was concerned about a sterile restaurant environment when trying to find something open on the holiday. Not Here ! Warm, cozy & inviting. Our server was awesome. Ashley even gave us plates for our left overs...she remembered thay we were staying at a hotel. Nice touch.Special Features:
- The service was poor - waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The service was poor - waiter had 5 tables and it took forever to get drinks etc. Once our dinner arrived a foreign object was found in my dinner. They did offer another plate but at that point too late.
- Enjoyed our Christmas luncheonRichDined on 12/25/2012We really like Buca and have dined there almost weekly since the day it opened in downtown Chicago. For Christmas day, however, it appeared to be under-staffed for the number of guests. Our waiter tried hard and was very pleasant, but clearly had too many tables to serve. Nevertheless, our party of seven had a great time, the food was good, the restaurant charming as usual, and there is no doubt we will return often. Perhaps it was just difficult to get enough staff members in on Christmas day.Special Features:
- Service could be better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012I like the food, just wish the service was better. We always have to hunt the waiter down for refills on drinks. Once they bring out the food, you don't see the waiter at all.Special Features:
- Good service, good food, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Good service, good food, good for children and adults. Special place.Special Features:
- This is the second time inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012This is the second time in the past couple months we have eaten at this restaurant during visits to Chicago. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is great for larger groups and families. However, on both occasions I have been slightly disappointed with our service. Our waitresses have been less than attentive and the hostesses were not overly pleasant.Special Features:
- Always a fun place to eat.FoodieVIPDined on 12/2/2012Always a fun place to eat. The food is very good. The portions are super huge. Always order the "Buca small" unless you are feeding an army of people!Special Features:
- April was a great waiter butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012April was a great waiter but over worked. Too many tables. It took quite a while for her to get back to us. Perhaps fewer tables.Special Features:
- GoodFoodmaven1VIPDined on 11/29/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place - cozy and comfortable. I definitely would return for my favprite dishes. The chicken pesto pasta and ravioli pomodoro were okay. I would get my fav ziti next time. Loved the mozzarella sticks. Raspberry cream soda is great as always. My company were disappointed with the service. The food arrived 57 minutes after our arrival. Besides, we asked for our bread many times. The server decided we should put away our food ourselves, that was rude. Prices are high.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic night diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012We had a fantastic night dining with family. Our server was amazing!Special Features:
- We celebrated my daughtersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012We celebrated my daughters 16th birthday here with friends. There were 8 of and the table had plenty of room. The food was very good and the service friendly and quick for how busy they were. The only suggestion I would have is watch how much you order. All their dishes are large. The regular size will feed over two and unless you pay attention you, like us, will have leftovers for a couple days.Special Features:
- Great for groups visiting downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012If you need to feed a big group very well when you're downtown, this is the place. The food is very satisfying, the restaurant is energenic and close Magnificent Mile, and the price is right.Special Features:
- The vibe at Buca di BeppoJulieMDined on 11/22/2012The vibe at Buca di Beppo was upbeat and festive. Our server was professional and very nice. Dinner was good, the stuffing was outstanding.Special Features:
- Never returning to Buca di BeppoAndyDined on 11/22/2012This was a terrible experience. We made reservations for Thanksgiving. Despite early arrival, we were seated 20 minutes after our reservation was scheduled. This was largely due to the inept host making walk-ins a higher priority than those who made reservations in advance. Once seated, it was 10 minutes before we saw a water. 5 minutes later we had flat soda's a bread with no plates. It was bittersweet each time our waiter left the table, for we knew it would be ions before we would see him again. I believe his name was Adrian. When our food arrived what seemed like hours later, it was was decent, but nothing to write home about. We ordered turkey for 6 but got gravy for 2 and dessert for 5. Buca over promised and under delivered.
- Thanksgiving Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012Family enjoyed a great Thanksgiving meal away from home. Had reservaation we arrived 15 minutes early and seated without any waiting. Servers were great and personable. All items and price were great.Special Features:
- Despite a reservation, therewestloopskepticDined on 11/22/2012Despite a reservation, there was a wait, even though tables were empty. The host was rather unpleasant.
- Every time that I go to theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012Every time that I go to the restaurant it is nothing but fantastic service in a friendly environment. Food is always excellent and well served. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- service was average. foodSarathDined on 11/20/2012service was average. food was nothing worth mentioning.
- ExcellentFoodmaven1VIPDined on 11/18/2012I love the feel of this place, cozy. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The ziti is amazing as always. The strawberry cream soda was refreshing. One person thought the spicy rigatoni was excellent, I thought it was very good. Everyone loved the celebration cake. Service was well-timed, friendly and just perfect. Prices are high.Special Features:
- Good quality, basic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/18/2012Good quality, basic Italian food. Service was friendly and quick. Overall good valueSpecial Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/17/2012We've been to Buca on Rush & Grand a number of times since it's one of few kid-friendly places that takes reservations. Understand we were visiting on a particularly busy night, however, there is no excuse for the bad service - they knew it would be busy & it's Chicago, so should know how to handle it. Somehow they managed to rush our dinner & give us horrible service all at the same time. Waited 30 min beyond our reservation time. No waitress for so long, husband went to bar to get us drinks which were 1/2 done before she showed up. Salad showed up a few minutes after ordering, following by entrees about 60 seconds later, followed by the appetizer about 5 minutes AFTER that. Had looked forward to a fun dinner, but timing really ruined it.
- Food was awesome! Large portions.Di84Dined on 11/17/2012Food was awesome! Large portions. It says on the menu a small feeds 2-3, but I think it can serve more, unless you are a large eater! Love their bruschetta ! If you have a group of 12 -15 request the pope room it has a round table with a built in lazy Susan that you spin the food around so everyone can sample food items. Its a Fun private room for a group / party with kids. Very casual and loud.Special Features:
- Franchise restaurant but funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012Franchise restaurant but fun place to eat with Italian menu and huge portions. Very distinctive, photo/art decor with a leaning to a somewhat whimsical 20's-60's era irreverence. Relatively inexpensive. Food is good. Service was outstanding. On other occasions at other Buca locations, I've found the place noisy..."energetic". But, on this occasion, I had two business colleagues from out of town in tow, on an uncrowded Monday night, looking for a relaxing evening; and the experience was fine.Special Features:
- Great food and price. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Great food and price. We had 3 appetizers, salad, bread, and 2 entrees and it was under $200 / $20 each for 9 people. We always try to eat here when in Chicago.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012The food and service were outstanding. Next time I will take a group and reserve the "kitchen table."Special Features:
- I had the most horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012I had the most horrible service from my waitress. When discussing this with the manager, she just made excuses for the waitress being new. The food was great. I had chicken carbonara. The calamari is my favorite. I have been to buca's before. I tend to eat at restaurants in the vicinity regularly. I will be attending another location if I do decide to go back. The waitress just spoiled my experience and decreased the value of everything.Special Features:
- Top PastasFoodmaven1VIPDined on 10/13/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place, cozy like a comfortable living room. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The baked ziti and raspberry Italian soda are my favorites. I liked the chicken rigatoni. The apple pie wasn't bad, but wouldn't order it again though one person thought it was great. Service was a bit slow but ok, not always friendly.Special Features:
- Very good food & no wait.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Very good food & no wait. We got into Chicago at 7 pm on a Friday night, walked into Buca & didn't have to wait, which was shocking. I'd highly recommend itSpecial Features: