Buca di Beppo - Champaign
2000 North Neil Street
Market Place Shopping Center #1306
Champaign, IL 61820Neighborhood:
Champaign / Monticello
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Champaign
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2173788731x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Champaign
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Champaign reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- buca is worth itqualityexistsDined on 10/23/2014I recently went to buca for a date, the staff was very polite and helpful as well as informative about their menu and selections. The food was well prepared and there wasn't a long wait to be served. The prices seemed high at first until I saw the amount of food we received. I have worked in a restaurant similar to buca's before and the prices were higher for less food so I applaud buca on their quality and quantity of food compared to the price. I definitely recommend buca's for their atmosphere and quality dining experience and I will be going to them againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty franchise foodCarlindaDined on 10/9/2014I had a business lunch at Buca's in Champaign, IL. I enjoyed my ravioli and it seemed like the others enjoyed their food as well. I have had the anti-pasta salad before and it is good. The iced tea was very good and did not taste old. I tried the Italian Cream cake and it was very good. The noice level was good for our meeting. The service was outstanding. I would recommend.Special Features:
- good food , slow servicefamof4Dined on 10/7/2014The food was good. A small issue with my food. They fixed it right away. Not as upscale as I thought but good. You get your money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodfoodiebobDined on 10/4/2014When we visit the university, we dine at Buca, and generally order the chicken parmigiana, baked ziti, and spaghetti with marinara sauce. On this visit the sauce over the spaghetti was very skimpy, but the other dishes were up to their usual excellence. We were seated in the wine room, and it was both cozy and quiet - very nice. Nothing in our meal will prevent us from dining at Buca on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di BeppoJenJenDined on 8/30/2014Went to this restaurant in the Chicago area and was excited to know that it was now located in Central IL! It wasn't quite the same experience, but it was nice. The food was good and the service. It is a bit pricey for the family portion that is served. Tomatoes should be fully ripe in August, yet the dish that was ordered had semi ripe tomatoes that were not ripe and thus, really had no flavor.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Champaign reviews archive.
- Slow today?!?!BizTravelerDined on 6/21/2014Food was excellent, but service was EXTREEMLY SLOW! I had to wait for everything, especially beverage refills and the check. My family had all left after dinner to go out into the mall, leaving me to wait for the check for about 15 minutes. Not the same experience as I had last time my family had dinner at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointing visitDprotzDined on 6/21/2014In the past, this has been one of our favorite restraints, but after our last visit, our opinion has changed. Though not reflected on the website, the menu has been significantly reduced, maybe by as much as a third. Many of our favorites have been removed. Kitchen service was slow and food was not prepared as ordered. Our waitress was inept and inattentive. Even though the manager apologized for the slow service and reduced our bill, it was not enough to overcome the disappointment of the evening. One bad service experience we can understand, but unless the menu changes are restored, we will probably not be going back for quite a while.
- Nice experience and foodmidwestdinerDined on 6/21/2014We went as a group of six including two kids. Service was quick and friendly, and the food came in a timely manner and was delicious! We had enough leftovers to feed us all again that night, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day TreatmagoozkidDined on 6/15/2014Our special man of the day requested this for his Father's Day dinner so we drove a little ways to get here. The food and service were great. We would make the trip again and recommend it to friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Poor FoodRandinizDined on 5/18/2014This chain of restaurants has a reputation for providing abundant servings of Italian home style food. The service and ambience were great. Unfortunately the food was bland and disappointing. I have eaten at numerous Italian restaurants including a Buca de Beppo in another town. The food at this location was mostly pasta. It had very little sauce or other ingredients. We ordered a spicy chicken dish that was not even remotely spicy. The Salmon tasted like it was boiled and had absolutely no flavor. I am hopeful that this location is not indicative of other locations. If it is, then I suspect this chain will not be around much longer.
- OK American ItalianfoodieDined on 5/18/2014Food was pretty good, Americanized Italian. Ambience not that great, didn't realize it was in the mall when i made reservation. Service OK. Huge portions though...
- Good food but very loudJGWallDined on 5/17/2014Greeted by a very friendly hostess. Had reservations and seated promptly, even with it being graduation day at The University of Illinois. Waitress was very friendly, food was very good. My only complaint was the noise level. Was had to carry on a conversation because it was very hard to hear. Great place for kids cause you wouldn't have to worry about them being too loud.Special Features:
- Too Much Food - Too Little QualityMalODeurDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant follows a frequent path of offering a large quantity of food as a substitute for quality. It is about as good as a Pizza Hut.
- MsrosnDined on 5/17/2014Large portions designed to share..... edible but extremely ordinary.....feel and taste of a chain restaurant. we were a party of seven and shared garlic bread, artichoke dip, chicken limone, eggplant parm, salad, and fettuccine alfredo with broccoli and chicken, Nothing was horrible but nothing was vert good.....Would not recommend if you have other options.
- Great serviceDamlakegirlVIPDined on 5/17/2014Wonderful service! Our group had 2 guests whom had food allergies and both the server and the kitchen accommodated our needs without a problem. Would definatly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mother's DayBoweedDined on 5/11/2014Made reservations through Open Table with some special notes. It was my wife's first Mother's Day and we had a great time. They placed us in a quiet table, with lots of room for the baby's high chair. The food was excellent and the service was great. We had a great meal, opened gifts and had lots of leftovers to take home. Thanks Buca di Beppo.Special Features:
- Mother's DaygreatasteDined on 5/11/2014Made a reservation for Mother's Day and got right in with no waiting. My son ordered the pizza and it was one of the best pizza's I've ever eaten. Enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Mother's DayMom2Dined on 5/10/2014We took two friends and their husbands out to eat for mothers day. Loved the food! Loved the waitress! Great Mother's Day all the way around.Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre servicekatyopDined on 5/4/2014We made a special trip to Buca di Beppo (45 min drive) to celebrate our son being home. Got our table immediately and noticed a very loud group of young ladies finishing lunch. They were fine, just so loud it was hard to hear. Plus the restaurant had plenty of empty tables but put a lot of us in one small, crowded area. Our server took our drink order and said she'd be back with bread. Placed our order, including an appetizer and then waited for a longer than usual time. We asked about the bread and server said she'd bring it. Next we see her bringing our food and we think it dawned on her she hadn't brought the bread or appetizer. She turned around before bringing our food and then brought everything at once. Food was good, though.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Went for lunch after the illinois marathon in champaign. Great service! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fod was not goodstevenstlouDined on 4/25/2014we have eaten at Buca Di Beppo many times as we travel and the food has always been outstanding but this time it was poor! The manger took the meal off the bill is not the point of going there we are used ti their good food
- Kid-friendly Easter dinnerEastCoastGirlDined on 4/20/2014This was our second time visiting Buca di Beppo for our holiday meal (Thanksgiving was our first visit). The waitstaff was friendly and very accommodating, moving us (upon our request) to an empty section of the restaurant when our over-tired and cranky child started to act up. Despite our cranky child, our server was pleasant and friendly, providing crayons and stickers to make him happy. They even brought him his pizza cooled, a request he specifically made because he prefers his food at room temperature. The food was plated attractively and arrived hot. The salmon was tasty, and although the broccoli was fresh, it did not have the same kick I remembered from Thanksgiving. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!niceniteoutDined on 4/20/2014Great service, great food, great atmosphere. It was a happy Easter for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love Bucamandisu76Dined on 4/20/2014Our family loves eating at Buca. The food and service is always great. We have been with as many as 13 and as few as 2 and it's always great. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/6/2014I wouldn't go back here - I have given it 2 tries, and the food is SO expensive for what you get. Plus, it is SO greasy, and didn't make me feel that great. I asked the hosts to turn down the music several times, and they never did.
- FantasticemanDined on 2/27/2014Always a pleasurable experience dining there! Food is fabulous and the staff is friendly. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Good food and service. However, even with a coupon, the meal was very pricey for the amount of food we received. This restaurant is better served for large groups or special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Experience!UIUCstudentDined on 2/21/2014I know some of the reviews for this Buca's, specifically, haven't been great - but I went with my boyfriend and had an amazing time! The service was excellent! Our waitress was amazing, helpful, and so nice. I was really happy with the whole dinner and how everything went. I would definitely recommend this Buca de Beppo to anyone who loves great Italian dining.Special Features:
- very happyjohnnieDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine Day and it was very busy. We still received great service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014The food was good, but price was too high for what it is. We were sat at a table directly in view of the kitchen which was not pleasant for anyone, let aline a couple celebrating a birthday together. There were ample seats as it was not crowded. The dessert cake was aweful and taste like cardboard.Special Features:
- SurprisedcurlyDined on 1/18/2014I was surprised that this restaurant was in the mall - no indication of that from the outside of the mall or from their website. The food was good and after getting inside the atmosphere was like any other restaurant - just surprised at the location.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time!brownieDined on 12/25/2013The food was excellent. We loved sharing and getting to taste so many different dishes. Things were not as organized as they should be, but it was Christmas Day. We had a 4:30 reservation, but no one was at the front to greet customers. When we got the attention of wait-staff, they could not seem to find our reservation and stated that they would get our table ready. An order of garlic bread never arrived, so we ended up cancelling the order. I may have been mistaken, but thought the waitress said that a loaf of unheated bread would be brought to the table. If so, it never made it either. We ordered 2 desserts, but found out later that they were out of one. Next day, I received an email that we were a no-show for our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Christmas DiningsizzleDined on 12/25/2013My husband, son and I wanted to do something a little different this Christmas so we decided to eat out. It is easily said but difficult to find in Champaign-Urbana. With a little research we found that Buca De Beppo was open and we have eaten at other locations in the past. I made the reservation on line and when we got there everything was done just right! The food was very good and the service very good as well. We will keep this in mind when looking for quality places to dine in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & excellent serviceBeckDined on 12/24/2013We had one of the most delicious dinners at Buca that my family has had in a long time. I recommend the Lasagna & the Gorgonzola & apple salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missHungryDined on 12/13/2013Have been several times and seems inconsistent on food size and service. For the most part it's been great. See lots of employees eating and hanging out in the bar area ( very odd). I still am giving them a chance .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitressstevieDined on 12/7/2013Took money (70 bucks) that I had left there and it was not returned. Says a lot about the staffSpecial Features:
- Rushed Atmosphererusheddisappointed1Dined on 12/7/2013The food was excellent, but that was the only thing we enjoyed. Have never been treated so rudely. We were rushed the entire time. Arrived early with 2 friends to enjoy drink at bar but were seated immediately, food came before we could enjoy our drinks, water not refilled, other tables around us being reset LOUDLY with dishes while we ate, once finished we were asked to leave because a large party was coming in. The other room had a few empty tables the entire time we were there. Why were we not seated there so we could enjoy our dinner and friends? Always loved Buca's while in Minnesota but the Champaign store has just lost us as well as our 2 friends and their family who they were planning to take in the near future.Special Features:
- EnjoyablebradoDined on 11/28/2013Service was very good food was perfect throughly enjoyed the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving FeastRobertsDined on 11/28/2013Our Thanksgiving feast was very yummy except for the green beans. They came to the table cold and hard and not fit to eat. Everything else was delicious. Loved the turkey and dressing. Loved the cannolis, too. Our waitress was super. But don't serve up those green beans again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet the Parents weekendHankFit247Dined on 11/23/2013My snow bird parents were in the state visiting friends, so my partner and I decided to do a little road trip weekend down to Champaign IL. My parents had the shrimp fettuccine, while my partner and I had the Chicken Marsala. While being engrossed in conversation, we failed to realize that pasta was a side for the Chicken Marsala, nor did our server point this out. :( Chicken Marsala was the BEST I had ever had. Will definitely be going back to this chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.