Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square
6045 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 3178428666x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bradley Komasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (23)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- FantasticLuvthatbuccoDined on 9/12/2014Have always wanted to go. Time was right. The food and ambiance was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INDinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Food was as usual for Buca, but it did seem the $14.99 antipasto salad was overpriced.Special Features:
- Nice Eveningsalted99Dined on 9/6/2014Buca was moderately busy on the Saturday night we were there. Food and Service were great, but the one thing that struck me as odd though was that the staff seated a family with 2 children in the bar, directly behind my seat. I didn't think this was allowed, but I must be wrong and there is probably some caveat the allows this. I have children of my own, but was spending a nice night out with my wife and didn't expect two young children bouncing all over the place in the booth behind me...in the bar. Overall though, it was a nice evening with great food and service.Special Features:
- Arrive hungryGener8Dined on 8/26/2014Continues the trend of enormous portions. The small entrée feeds at least two. We easily spend $50 without any alcohol, no salad, no dessert. We shared an appetizer, ordered two small entrées, and had two meals to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedPeterTDined on 8/23/2014I have eaten here before, but this time I decided to host the birthday celebration for my oldest grandchild, she turned 12, so I had 7 of my 8 grandchildren there and 11 adults. And we had an excellent time with food and service that was over the top !!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, great timenonnie5Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 13 and had made reservations. They were ready for us when we got there, and were seated right away, which was nice since we had 5 hungry children with us. Our waitress was awesome and made the suggestion to get the spaghetti/meatsauce out to the kids before our meals so they wouldn't be restless. The portions were large and more than fed us, and tasted divine!! The best chicken parmesean I have had in a long time and the garlic mash potatoes are to die for!! Love love love Bucca's!!!Special Features:
- FamiliaMHDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food. Great place to gather family and groups. we enjoy the freedom to talk and celebrate as a teamSpecial Features:
- Reservations mean nothingtruthbeknownDined on 8/9/2014My wife, daughter and I went here for my 35th birthday, we made reservations and asked for a sling. The hostess did not look at the reservation and was asking the same information we filled out in the reservation. Almost had to tackle the waiter to get our food packaged and our bill. I don't mind being put in what they call a kid area since I have an infant but when the staff is making more noise than the kids and waking up sleeping infants then I have a problem with it.Special Features:
- RJ1510Dined on 8/9/2014We had a family gathering for a small party. Our server was attentive and excellent, the food hot and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitKatDined on 8/8/2014Very pleased with the service and food. Noise level was so bad it was difficult for us to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty, understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Castleton, Indy Poor front if house welcome Sat us in the bar, we gave three teens Dirty booth - I got food stain on my Pants Half a sleep going on auto wait staff - we gave up asking for refills and more bread - took three attempts to try to process check! Dump - Olive Garden looks 5 star compared to you lotSpecial Features:
- Disappointing dinnerItalianloverDined on 8/2/2014In the past, we have always had great experiences at this location, but not this time. First, we were surprised that there was no wait. Often when we went in the past on a Sat night, the wait would be over an hour, but nobody was in the lobby waiting. We ordered chicken parmasean, but they brought us veal (which we hate). The fettuccine alfredo had no flavor, and used to be one of our favorites. Our kids didn't like the pizza. Some of the dishes were chipped badly. We never got refills of our lemonade which is way over-priced at $3. We spent $17 on one soda, 4 lemonades, and 1 chocolate milk with only the soda getting refilled. That's crazy! We asked for some water and it tasted horrible. They need a filter for their water.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Sabrina is my daughter just turn 12, buca is one of our fevorite restaurant, and on her birth date she wants to go to buca for birthday dinner, that was her choice and she was happy we all were happy. Thank you. AlmazSpecial Features:
- NCHSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014The NCHS Gathering meets monthly at different restaurants, we are now in our 4th year. We've been to a lot of restaurants! The fellowship is always great whether it's just 2 of us or 20 of us! The food was very good, single servings would have been nice. We had fun sharing and tasting, but with food allergies and dietary needs everyone could not participate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food :)BucaforlifeDined on 7/26/2014Our server was April and she was very charming! We also loved the food!!!! Everything was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for large group occasionsDavidDined on 7/14/2014We had a dozen 16 year olds for my youngest daughter's sweet 16th dinner...lots of food options for sharing and fantastic service. A great choice for a group this size.Special Features:
- Very Nicelarue430Dined on 6/22/2014had a great time. Waitress was very nice. Answered a few questions we had concerning our food and their ingredients.Special Features:
- goodkirbyDined on 6/20/2014g very enjoyable food was good service was just wright cost was find atmosphere enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's DayCelebrateDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Father's Day celebration! The five of us split 3 small plates and a large salad and brought food home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Very noisy - hard to enjoy our event. Pasta was off - first time I have had mediocre pasta at Buca's.Special Features:
- Fun Family and Group DiningMaggimayDined on 6/8/2014My Son celebrated his 17th Birthday here with a group of friends. It's also somewhere I've been with colleagues, and we love to go as a family. The family size dishes are great for sharing, and the food is consistently tasty.Special Features:
- The following 280 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square reviews archive.
- Fun and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014The staff is always friendly and attentive. The food is excellent. The manicotti is a family favorite. We enjoy the family-style way of ordering and serving meals. Buca has an excellent salad. The staff does a great job with special occasions. We've always had a tremendous dining experience there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - poor servicepkrosebudDined on 5/16/2014there were 8 at our table and I think our server was just a little overwhelmed with all the folks in the room even thought she said she had help. We ordered salad and appetizers however the spagetti and meatballs came out with them. Then we waited a long time before any of the other entrees came out. Food was good just in very poor order. Poor service.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be?RickDined on 5/11/2014Buca has lost it's luster. Have not been here is quite a while. Went to the Greenwood location a few months ago and was very pleased. The food at the Castleton location was not as good. The alfredo was dried out when it arrived with very little sauce. Other dishes appeared to have sat for awhile as well. I noticed another table that arrived after we ordered were served first. My guess is that our food sat waiting to be served. This effected the overall quality of the food. Spent far more than the value received. Probably will not go back. There are far too many options available in Indianapolis for quality Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Very Nice for Mother's DayMareOfFishersDined on 5/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on Mother's Day at Bucca's. It was perfect!Special Features:
- Great experience!mbjanzDined on 5/11/2014We went with the family and grandparents for mothers day. I expected it to be very expensive but for people, we really did pretty well and had a lot of leftovers.... Service was phenomenal, very attentive. Kids loved the spaghetti and meatballs, and mom and I loved the white sangria.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencefuentesmilanDined on 5/11/2014As always food is wonderful, I think our server was maybe new, she seemed in a hurry, forgot we asked for butter, although she was very friendly and polite. Our overall experience was fantastic. will definitely go back every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Each entre is more than enough to share with two or three people. (even the small salad)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review regarding Mother's Day visithubbywifeDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good and was delivered to our table rather quickly. Our waitress was attentive and came to the table several times to address our needs.Special Features:
- Not a fanindymamaDined on 5/10/2014Food was good, but our service was terrible. We had an 8 p.m. reservation on a Sat. night for a group of 12. We waited forever to even get waters. We weren't served our salad until 9:45. Our waitress was never back to ask what we needed. This place was just bought by planet Hollywood and when you buy a specialty drink, they immediately upgrade you (without telling you) to the $13.99 version with the commemorative plastics glass to take with you. What a scam! Who wants the glass - you are buying a drink! We told the manager and he took it off the bill, but I know they are being told to charge people without telling them upfront because it happened at the bar and at our table. There are much better options for what you pay per person here.Special Features:
- Poor serviceFood222Dined on 5/10/2014My friends and I went here before our prom last weekend. The food was excellent but the service was very poor! We waited at least 10-15 mins for a refill after asking for one. A couple that was in our group arrived about 15 mins later than we did and our server never asked for their order! Maybe the server didn't do as well because we are high school students and he knew he wasn't going to get a great tip, I don't know but we didn't appreciate the service. He received probably a worse tip than he expected in the beginning. That was our first time their and it wasn't a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Sunday night was very fun at Bucca. Many of the cheerleaders had never eaten there. The food and service were very good. Our group was 10 in size and our waiter remembered everyone's drinks, picked on the girls and made the whole experience fun for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff OverwhelmedPop1Dined on 4/26/2014Maybe it was a one-time experience (I have had good ones there before), but it was not a good one this time. In fairness to the wait staff, they had a sports team and prom night to deal with, but the result was that our party was ignored for long periods of time. I ordered a second drink that never arrived and was never mentioned again (after waiter didn't show up for about half an hour). I'll probably give them another try, but not soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014My servers name was Zach and he was very knowledgable of the menu and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that loves good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveLocalsDined on 4/21/2014Although service & food were excellent, the restaurant is overpriced. Will frequent our locally owned restaurants rather than chains.Special Features:
- Meeting PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We sat at a table along the tour route. We heard "this is the cardinal room, this is the wine room" every 5 minutes, each time they escorted a another group right past our table. That got a little old, but the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday celebrationOpentablefriendVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food is spectacular. The room was perfect for our party, with almost no other parties within ear shot. We were celebrating a birthday- it will be one that my 18 year old will remember! We had one gluten free guest, and the entree she ordered was wonderful. The server was a little hesitant to go above and beyond for the gluten free guest, but in the end, it was nice. Gluten free food is as spectacular as regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great good, short tablesTheTJsDined on 4/18/2014They have great, family style, food!!! Portion sizes are 2-4 people or 4+ so only order one entree if only two people or expect left overs!!! The booth we sat it seemed very low and close to the table so it felt like I was kid height again, not so good for a 6'1" person and my wife is shorter than me!!! That's the only complaint!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014Everything was great! The service was phenomenal and the custer service was over the topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100 times better than MaggianoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2014While Maggiano's has scaled back, cut the menu and is cutting corners on service and quality to improve margins, Buca wowed us with great food, value sized family style options and fun! Awesome job and great experience.Special Features: