Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square
6045 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (317) 842-8666
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bradley Komasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (51)kid-friendly (32)special occasion (29)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I, we are very disappointed with our food taste. This is our 2nd time, we feel like our food does not have hardly any taste. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!Special Features:
- Bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I was disappointed with the food that we choose. We order the chicken with a cream sauce, artachock hearts and sundries tomatoes and it was a little spicy which we did not expect at all. We also ordered ziti and it was very dry and hardly had and sauce or cheese on it. We also orders ascend order of bread after the food came out and we we all mosly done eating when it finally came to the table. We have been several other times and enjoyed our food however we did not this visit.Special Features:
- Slow Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014We had reservations for 2 and got seated in a tight corner table in the bar area. Because you get so many bowls/plates/bread/oil, the table is not big enough for 2 people with all of the dishes that stack up with family style dining. Took over 30 minutes to get our salad due to large group in the banquet room. When we finally got the salad, I asked the server to please not have our hot food come out in 5 minutes. She said no problem, i just put your order in so it should be awhile. Guess what, 5 minutes later our hot food came. Again,we didn't have enough room on the table,i had to put the bread next to me in my seat to make room. This was not the servers fault but definitely a disconnect going on that night! Won't be back to this location!
- Excellent ServiceMistyDined on 11/8/2014We came to celebrate my daughters birthday! We had a party of 14, we were seated early, our waitress was fantastic! Food was excellent! This was great place for our special occasion. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014For pasta dishes, the meal was overpriced. Spaghetti and meatballs for 4 people can't cost the restaurant more than $12 to make, so why charge so much to the customer? The fettucini alfredo did not taste good, so again, a lot of money down the drain. It also took quite some time for the main course to arrive. We were finished with our salads and waiting for quite awhile.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Irratated. Took a large group. Several couples brought coupons. Could only use 1 coupon. Will not go back because of that. We were told that your company lost 3 million because of the coupons. Now you have lost 6 couples business. Food was great, but will not come back.Special Features:
- It was my 56th birthday celebration with my familyTriciaDined on 11/3/2014It was my 56th birthday and I always look forward to dining at Buca de Beppo's, your lasagna is heavenly and the Italian sausage was soooo savory I was not disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca's is special!scotts31Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I have developed a habit of finding Buca di Beppo's to celebrate our anniversary. I think it started in the Louisville, KY restaurant a number of years ago, and we celebrated our 31st on Friday, Oct. 31, 2014. We have always found the food to be incredible, the staff welcoming, and the atmosphere authentic. Where else do you walk through the kitchen area to be seated? We both love it, and God willing, we'll be back for our 32nd in 2015!Special Features:
- Delightful DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed a delicious Sunday dinner at Buca di Beppo's Castleton location. We were seated without delay. Our server was exceptional! She was attentive without being overbearing. She was exceptionally kind and patient with our children. We've never been disappointed with the food or service at Buca! Thanks for yet another delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pope room!AnneDined on 10/18/2014Thanks for accommodating my request for pope room on such short notice! They really do read the special request box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Cheap but a lot of FoodCuisineQueenVIPDined on 10/14/2014My Mom & I were there because I got an email coupon for my birthday - $20 off 2 entrees. However, one entree and a salad to share would have probably sufficed, so basically we got the additional entree for free. It would have been $58 without the coupon (Whew!) so we probably wouldn't go without one. Caesar salad and Spaghetti/Meat sauce were good. I'm not a fan of artichokes & sundried tomatoes but the parmesan Alfredo sauce on the Chicken Glorioso was excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The hostess was kind of rude. Ignored us when we first came in. Could taste the oil in the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodcindianaVIPDined on 10/3/2014& many thx to the mgr for straightening out my mysterious cancellationSpecial Features:
- My Absolute Favorite RestaurantPastaLoverDined on 10/3/2014I love this place. I wish we had one here in Fort Wayne! Went with a "rookie." He was very impressed. Was a little disappointed that you no longer have your free magnets and there was no change on the kitchen floor. Was very excited that you sell your sauce now! Took a bunch home. Always a great time, great food and great service. We left with full bellies and smiles!Special Features:
- Only good for groupsTreefrog37Dined on 9/28/2014There were 3 in my party. When we go out, we enjoy trying new things, with each person ordering something they think they'll like, and everyone gets a little taste, while enjoying their own selection. Buca di Beppo is GREAT for sharing, just not for three, or less than 6-8. Each appetizer is "super-sized" to "for 2 or more". A small of an entree is enough for 2 or more. Deserts are from 2 to 4 person size. The pricing fits the sizes. I personally found the food quality to be less than impressive. It was "okay", but there are a few Italian restaurants in Indy with MUCH better food. Chicken Marsala... a little on the sweet side. Shrimp fra Diablo... dry pasta with a lack of shrimp and possibly a full pound of pasta. Overwhelming!Special Features:
- Hungry?Gener8Dined on 9/25/2014"Small" for about $20/entree, is enough for 3 to share. Two of us shared an appetizer and a "small" and took home 3 lunches. Staff is friendly, the place is empty on Thursday for dinner. It's a little tired looking, the decor is as old as the building. Food is good, plenty of it, $50 for two with take home lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service but food lackingfoodluvrDined on 9/21/2014Always a great time at Bucca, the service staff is wonderful and pleasant. The good however is lack luster, seems like the type of food that is bought in bulk and reheated. I definitely do not go for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Food ExperienceMagd4kidsDined on 9/20/2014Overall, we had a fun time at Buca di Beppo. The food is rather pricey, but this was reserved for a special occasion, and the price was expected. Near the end of our meal, a rather large party was seated directly across from our quaint booth. About 18 rather excited girls in their early 20's gathered to celebrate a birthday. We knew it was time to leave then. We were in a very small room, and we could not hear our conversation any longer. I needed to move my reservation up from 7PM to 6PM at the last minute and the Hostess was very accommodating. That was nice.Special Features:
- Creative decorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Fun place to eat with a group, food wasn't as good as I remember it being before. No alcohol and still was around $150 for 10 of us. Still undecided on if we will return or try something different for next gathering.Special Features:
- 21st Birthday Dinner at BuccaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We had a 21st Birthday celebration here mid September and the service was horrible! There was 14 of us but there was no reason to have to wait 15 minutes for our drinks when almost everyone ordered water. Also, I (being the birthday girl) should not have had to stand up and reach across the table to get my drink because the server (Loren) didn't want to extend her arm! All around horrible service and will probably never go back to that location.Special Features:
- FantasticLuvthatbuccoDined on 9/12/2014Have always wanted to go. Time was right. The food and ambiance was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INDinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Food was as usual for Buca, but it did seem the $14.99 antipasto salad was overpriced.Special Features:
- Nice Eveningsalted99Dined on 9/6/2014Buca was moderately busy on the Saturday night we were there. Food and Service were great, but the one thing that struck me as odd though was that the staff seated a family with 2 children in the bar, directly behind my seat. I didn't think this was allowed, but I must be wrong and there is probably some caveat the allows this. I have children of my own, but was spending a nice night out with my wife and didn't expect two young children bouncing all over the place in the booth behind me...in the bar. Overall though, it was a nice evening with great food and service.Special Features:
- Arrive hungryGener8Dined on 8/26/2014Continues the trend of enormous portions. The small entrée feeds at least two. We easily spend $50 without any alcohol, no salad, no dessert. We shared an appetizer, ordered two small entrées, and had two meals to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedPeterTDined on 8/23/2014I have eaten here before, but this time I decided to host the birthday celebration for my oldest grandchild, she turned 12, so I had 7 of my 8 grandchildren there and 11 adults. And we had an excellent time with food and service that was over the top !!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, great timenonnie5Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 13 and had made reservations. They were ready for us when we got there, and were seated right away, which was nice since we had 5 hungry children with us. Our waitress was awesome and made the suggestion to get the spaghetti/meatsauce out to the kids before our meals so they wouldn't be restless. The portions were large and more than fed us, and tasted divine!! The best chicken parmesean I have had in a long time and the garlic mash potatoes are to die for!! Love love love Bucca's!!!Special Features:
- FamiliaMHDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food. Great place to gather family and groups. we enjoy the freedom to talk and celebrate as a teamSpecial Features:
- Reservations mean nothingtruthbeknownDined on 8/9/2014My wife, daughter and I went here for my 35th birthday, we made reservations and asked for a sling. The hostess did not look at the reservation and was asking the same information we filled out in the reservation. Almost had to tackle the waiter to get our food packaged and our bill. I don't mind being put in what they call a kid area since I have an infant but when the staff is making more noise than the kids and waking up sleeping infants then I have a problem with it.Special Features:
- RJ1510Dined on 8/9/2014We had a family gathering for a small party. Our server was attentive and excellent, the food hot and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitKatDined on 8/8/2014Very pleased with the service and food. Noise level was so bad it was difficult for us to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty, understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Castleton, Indy Poor front if house welcome Sat us in the bar, we gave three teens Dirty booth - I got food stain on my Pants Half a sleep going on auto wait staff - we gave up asking for refills and more bread - took three attempts to try to process check! Dump - Olive Garden looks 5 star compared to you lotSpecial Features:
- Disappointing dinnerItalianloverDined on 8/2/2014In the past, we have always had great experiences at this location, but not this time. First, we were surprised that there was no wait. Often when we went in the past on a Sat night, the wait would be over an hour, but nobody was in the lobby waiting. We ordered chicken parmasean, but they brought us veal (which we hate). The fettuccine alfredo had no flavor, and used to be one of our favorites. Our kids didn't like the pizza. Some of the dishes were chipped badly. We never got refills of our lemonade which is way over-priced at $3. We spent $17 on one soda, 4 lemonades, and 1 chocolate milk with only the soda getting refilled. That's crazy! We asked for some water and it tasted horrible. They need a filter for their water.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Sabrina is my daughter just turn 12, buca is one of our fevorite restaurant, and on her birth date she wants to go to buca for birthday dinner, that was her choice and she was happy we all were happy. Thank you. AlmazSpecial Features:
- NCHSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014The NCHS Gathering meets monthly at different restaurants, we are now in our 4th year. We've been to a lot of restaurants! The fellowship is always great whether it's just 2 of us or 20 of us! The food was very good, single servings would have been nice. We had fun sharing and tasting, but with food allergies and dietary needs everyone could not participate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food :)BucaforlifeDined on 7/26/2014Our server was April and she was very charming! We also loved the food!!!! Everything was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Castleton Square reviews archive.
- Perfect for large group occasionsDavidDined on 7/14/2014We had a dozen 16 year olds for my youngest daughter's sweet 16th dinner...lots of food options for sharing and fantastic service. A great choice for a group this size.Special Features:
- Very Nicelarue430Dined on 6/22/2014had a great time. Waitress was very nice. Answered a few questions we had concerning our food and their ingredients.Special Features:
- goodkirbyDined on 6/20/2014g very enjoyable food was good service was just wright cost was find atmosphere enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's DayCelebrateDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Father's Day celebration! The five of us split 3 small plates and a large salad and brought food home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Very noisy - hard to enjoy our event. Pasta was off - first time I have had mediocre pasta at Buca's.Special Features: