Buca di Beppo - Carlsbad
1921 Calle Barcelona
Carlsbad, CA 92009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Carlsbad
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 7604792533x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Constantino Roblero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Carlsbad
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Carlsbad - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Buca di Beppo - Carlsbad reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)kid-friendly (32)special occasion (26)great for lunch (12)romantic (10)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- First Experience There!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We are locals and love this place. We took our daughter and grandson for dinner, they are from the East Coast, and their first time there! They loved it and said that they want to come to this restaurant next time they are back in So. Cal! They raved about the food & wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go BIG and LARGE, pay for it !!!foodiemexDined on 8/23/2014Went last Saturday night for my niece's birthday. The place is large and a bit funky. This is a large chain, consequently the food quality is of that cailber. My family agrees that we will try a new place. Leftovers were substantial and served up for next day's dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the kid were happy also. The kids order was put in early so we could enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- Good food and friendly staffGrandmafriendlyDined on 8/16/2014They were very accommodating with our 89 year old grandma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice overall experienceVWCLDined on 8/9/2014The only "question mark" is that sometimes (including this time) we were treated with their bread (sourdough) after we made our orders, but there were times in the past that we were not given the bread because we were told it would be charged. Some consistency on this will be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and FunKBeeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was tasty and plentiful. We enjoyed our pizza and spaghetti and took home leftovers. The restaurant was filled with large groups of families so there was a lot of noise. But we didn't mind it, loved the energy.Special Features:
- Fabulous Lasagne!GailCVIPDined on 7/29/2014We always love the Lasagne at Buca! The service was excellent. Thank you, Natasha! Delicious meals and very ample portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Family dinnerKatfishDined on 7/24/2014We had a birthday dinner there with 14 people! It was load...but we were making lots of noise! Food is typical family style Italian fare.Special Features:
- We had a FABULOUS time @ Bucca'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Our waitress KeiAnna made our "going away" celebration with our friends the most wonderful experience! We 'wanted' for nothing! We can't thank her enough for keeping the food & drinks coming without request or hesitation! We will miss So. California sooo much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Recently celebrated the 61st birthday of one of our high school friends. We always enjoy the family style dinners, we can share a few different entries and try different plates each time we go. A shared bottle of the house wine tops off a great dinner. Always a good time with great friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The food quality has declined. Lots of commercialism such as light up souvenir glasses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was amazing and I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014good food, big portions, good service. good idea to have the person taking the order establish eye contact to customers. I think that practice is unique to Bucca.:) .Special Features:
- enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We had a late dinner and the host and servers were really pleasant and friendly. The place is noisy because they have big parties, but the food is good and there is enough to share for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, fun, funMagnoliaDined on 6/25/2014We were there for my husband's birthday. Started in the bar (6 of us) and had great service and lots of fun. Server got us the table in the kitchen and we had a ball. Our server was outstanding. She really made the evening. Ambience was wonderful and really made the evening special for our family. Love this place for a family gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hill?FoodieinloveDined on 6/20/2014I have enjoyed bucca di Beppo many times in the past. They have catered our company holiday party many times as well. However last Friday my wife and I went there to celebrate our anniversary, and that was a mistake. The service was good, the food was terrible. We ordered the trio appetizer to split and the spicy chicken rigatoni. They both came out with the meal as we had requested, but the sampler platter was terrible! The calamari was as rubbery as rubber bands and had no flavor! I think I would have enjoyed eating breaded rubber bands more. Pasta was ok, very little chicken and flavor; not spicy at all. We skipped dessert because we couldn't wait to get out of there. I hope I just hit them on a bad night, but have no plans to return.Special Features:
- serviceDolciVIPDined on 6/17/2014The service was very poor. We had to wait more than15 minutes for our bar order.
- Large portion sizes.JosephDined on 6/15/2014The portion sizes are very large. The food quality does not match up to the average Italian restaurants. This restaurant has forgotten the basis of pasta sauces, focusing on anything other than the typical rich red Italian sauces that most Italian families brought with them when they immigrated into America. I am enjoying the 2nd and 3rd servings that I brought home but had to augment the flavor with my own red Italian sauce to enjoy it completely. We were not too pleased with our Father's Day evening dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014we celebrated high school graduation and the food was amazing, and the service was fast. Waitress had great recommendations, and were accomodating. will definitely return, with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a big groupMomof3VIPDined on 6/1/2014Our Girl Scout group are in the Pope room and it was great. Girls love their pastas and especially there sundaes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the SaladsNoahUVIPDined on 5/24/2014We tried the antipasto salad for the first time and it was amazingSpecial Features:
- Good food -Momof3VIPDined on 5/24/2014The waiter immediately told us they were short staffed and we would be waiting . Food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partySlowlyServedSallyDined on 5/19/2014Seven of us had dinner here for a birthday party celebration. The place was not very full, plenty of parking all around on the Monday night we attended. We ate in the kitchen so we could watch the food preparation. The food was plentiful and good. We had a pleasant time. The only thing that was disappointing was the service was very slow for simple things like bread, water, drinks which were under the control of the wait staff. The advantage of the snail-like service is we all had plenty of time to talk to each other.Special Features:
- Not what it used to bejmemmaDined on 5/11/2014I have been to about 10 restaurants by the same chain throughout different parts of CA. This is one closest to me and it has been a long time since last visit. I was disappointed by the food quality and taste. The salad dressing was way too salty, the lemonade was too sweet, the lasagna was way over-cooked and soggy and the veal was over-cooked as well. We went to celebrate Mother's Day and sadly was not a great experience. They sat us next to a lady with a baby that kept screaming and screeching every two minutes. Ughhh! Frustrating!
- Good Food and ServiceFoodHumanDined on 5/9/2014I got pizza which was good, loved the bread, though the style is best for groups so you can try multiple things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Carlsbad reviews archive.
- Perfect for a groupSusanaDined on 4/20/2014With a range of ages in our group from 8 to 78, this casual yet stylishly decorated place was excellent. Super service which surprised me after reading reviews. It wasn't crowded on Easter so possibly a factor. Ordered a variety of entrees & all said they liked them. My faves were delicious Eggplant Parmagiano (spelling?) & my minty Mojito. One suggestion for the restaurant is to try to freshen up the bad scent of the stairs. At first as I went up the stairs, I worried that the whole place would smell badly but was relieved that just the stairs smelled bad. Granted I am extra sensitive to scents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gathering spot!MoraDined on 4/20/2014This was our 3rd family get together @ Buca de Beppo. We have a large and loud family and felt very welcomed. We will be back!Special Features:
- Overpriced chain food.exosonDined on 4/11/2014The food is generally OK, but I think their sauce is too sweet and generally lacks character. Pricey for the quality. Three adults and two little kids. Two shared entrees, one small shared pasta, a kid's pizza and two glasses of wine (not two each) $130 with tip. I realize there is inflation, but this is too high for the quality. At this price point I'd expect something better than Denny's, but I'd take Denny's over this.Special Features:
- Went for the atmosphere...RichDined on 4/8/2014...not the food. About 12 of us we're get together to catch up and we made a reservation. The service was great and the Pope Room they put us in was perfect. We had a really great time. The food was plentiful but just not GREAT Italian. I did save the leftovers and have them the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudWineAndDine14Dined on 4/5/2014We had made a reservation for 4 to celebrate my dad's birthday. But when we got there they seemed to put us in the kids section. It's great that people can bring their kids to dinner, but there was screaming the entire time. We just couldn't carry on a conversation. And our service was pretty poor.Special Features:
- Pope room great for birthdaysAnnettemypetDined on 3/19/2014Our waiter Jacob was the highlight of the evening and checked on us repeatedly. The lazy Susan works perfectly for sharing food, and the memorabilia on the walls is entertaining. The Chianti short ribs were great. dry wine should be used in the Chicken Marsala (ours was way too sweet) And the chicken parmigiana was on the dry side and bland. The kids were thoroughly entertained and happy with the Alfredo.The cannelloni is great. And the birthday dessert could feed a small army. The wine list could be enhanced with more of a variety but adequate for the evening and can't beat the prices for the generosity in quantity of food. It's a great family style restaurant for groups, something for everybody of all ages and palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good, but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Decor was very unique and interesting. Reservation for 4PM on a Sunday certainly was unnecessary. We felt like we were the only diners in the restaurant; all the tables we could see from where we were seated were empty. The waiter was very attentive. We ordered a variety of dishes, what we thought would be a lot of food for 5 people. It was barely enough and we are not big eaters ($100 dollars on entrees). Quality of food was good, but I've certainly had better Italian dishes elsewhere. I had notified staff ahead of time that it was my grandson's birthday, but there was not recognition (no singing, no special dessert) so I don't know if they forgot, or they just don't do that sort of thing at Buca de Beppo. Probably would not return.Special Features:
- Able to make a reservation for 20!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Not only were they able to accommodate our large party at the last minute, the food was excellent and our server was fantastic! It was for my son's 20th birthday and apparently everyone else had a birthday too. About every 10 minutes there was a birthday song going. It just made the family atmosphere of the restaurant that much better. The food was, as always, amazing. They brought out candles (on a candelabra, no less!) and equipped us with everything we needed for the cake we brought in. No extra charge for serving our own cake. Love this place and will definitely be back for more occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014The only downside was that while we arrived in plenty of time for our 6:30 reservation, we were not seated until after 7.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch for my daughterMomof3VIPDined on 3/4/2014Went here as they usually do a free dessert on your birthday . I had forgot to print the email coupon so they could not honor it ?! Blamed it on corporate strictness on coupons. Whatever Food was good and server was very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpriced for pasta.PatteDined on 3/2/2014Good but overpriced for pasta. They must make a fortune.Special Features:
- too noisy, too chaoticLindsayVIPDined on 3/1/2014after waiting a full 30 minutes after our scheduled reservation we were lead to a nice booth across from the most rambunctious 15 person group I have ever seen. We were quite appalled, as was our 3 year old. The food was mediocre at best but the outrageous group across from us was out of control and waiter kept apologizing. Needless to say we ate our food and exited as quickly as possible, we will not be back.Special Features:
- Fun place for birthdays...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014We took our daughter for her 18th birthday, the food was great but for a party of 24 to just have one waitress (who had other tables) was a poor management decision. Our waitress was extremely nice and did the best that she could, but things were forgotten and took forever to get to us.Special Features:
- I went for Valentine day'sRICARDODined on 2/14/2014I went for Valentine day's and the The restaurant and food was excellent!!Special Features:
- family funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Buco is a great place for familys being a place that is lively, noisy and serves family style portions.Special Features: