Buca di Beppo - Campbell
1875 South Bascom Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Campbell
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (408) 377-7722
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Enrique Michel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or group event, Buca di Beppo Delivery or Buca To Go is the perfect choice for great Italian food and fun. From casual parties to corporate luncheons, we offer a delicious selection sure to satisfy everyone. Our friendly and professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or transport your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Tablecloths, plates, napkins, eating and serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase is required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Campbell
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Campbell - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Buca di Beppo - Campbell reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (60)kid-friendly (35)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)romantic (7)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- disappointedvivianVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been Buca regulars for the past decade. We have our favorite dishes -- seafood linguini, stuffed shells, mashed potatoes, green beans. The service was hit or miss, but we could always count on the food. In our most recent visit, we waited over 45 minutes for the food, with no apologies from the waitress. Linguini was overly tomato-y, not creamy and rich as usual. Stuffed shells were super spicy. Mashed potatoes was creamy or lumpy, depending on which side of the bowl you dig in. We will not be back anytime soon.
- not impressedliz1234Dined on 11/9/2014Service was slow. We were checked on once before we were ready to go. No refills unless asked at end of our meal, just a basket of bread, no oil n vinegar, horrible cocktail, waited though we had reservation, different people serving a few imes, photographer coming right when we are about to start eating, wants us to move sides. Wont go back to this location
- Never againNeveragain12345678Dined on 11/9/201413 hours between 2 jobs seems too much for john, my sever. My party and the one across from me seems pretty annoyed by the lack of customer service we had received. He took our order and disapprered. A member of my party even tried flagging him down 3-4 times, once when he was right next to us, and we still were ignored. My guest was unable to drink her beverage, even though her drink arrived 15-20 minutes sooner because it took that Long to find another person to bring us sweet and low. I say, nip it in the bud while you can. Bad employees will only ruin your business. I will never recommend bucca or return. Poor service and mediocre food should not be so expensive.
- Party of EightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We were seated in the bar area at a nice large booth, however, our waiter was the bartender who got very busy and we felt unimportant. We were not checked on to see if all was well. We could have used larger plates for our dinner portions and more drinks but no one came. I personally ordered the Alfredo dish as I'm allergic to all tomato. it came in a bowl and I could tell it was the first dish up as the noodles were pretty stuck together by the time I got it. Once the staff did drop by, we sent back the Broccoli as it had pepper we didn't expect. I'm not sure this would be our first choice again for a party.
- rg66Dined on 11/4/2014It was my sisters last night in town before she was flying back to Seattle the following morning and we wanted a fun, family friendly place to dine. We came up with several ideas before our brother threw Buca out there as an option. We made quick and easy reservations, were seated immediately, and greeted by Javier, our server that was an absolute delight!!!! He was funny, professional, down to earth, and just a knack for world class customer service. He made the experience even better! Thank you Javier!! We look forward to seeing you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tasty, although a bit noisyMarkRVIPDined on 10/26/2014Buca is always a fun place to dine. The decor is great and brings back lots of memories. The food is very good, and with the family style portions, no one will be hungry. The service is always very friendly but sometimes not too efficient. Special requests (i.e. oregano or extra sauce) may take longer than they should.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unreasonable wait timeupsetdinnersDined on 10/25/2014First, after our host got us sitted, it took about 10 minutes before our server came serving us, after I asked some other server to notify our server that we were on the table. Then, we ordered appetizer and entrees altogether. We ordered at 7:00pm and has been waiting for an entire hour until the appetizer came at 8:00pm. It was totally insane. In fact, the restaurant was not that easy around that time since most of the tables were wrapping up. Most of other servers were just standing in front of the bar watching TV. Then it took another 15-20 minutes for our entrees to come. Literally, it took as more than 2 hours to finish our dinner with more than 70% of the time just waiting. Such a bad experience!
- Awesome canoligfotyumyumDined on 10/25/2014We had the apple salad, red wine, baked zitti and the canoli for desert. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- food terrifictonycefDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding food, taste is wonderful, just like grandma's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food family styleFoodie22Dined on 10/18/2014The food was very good, it was delivered too quickly. I especially love the lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyBoyHappyBoyDined on 10/9/2014Some photographer from the restaurant came over to our table and wanted to take a picture of my family. He insisted that my oldest son must be a family friend and didn't want him in the picture. ( My son is adopted and has a darker completion than his siblings). My son was hurt and my family was angry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unwanted InterruptionRestaurantAssociateVIPDined on 10/5/2014Food was good but I didn't appreciate the photographer trying to take my picture and sell photographs while I was eating. I probably won't go back there.Special Features:
- Mom's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/4/2014Buca di Beppo is a fun place for big groups with kids. The food is consistently good. The kids love the pizza and pasta. We had a great dinner!Special Features:
- Bday Dinner At BucaItsAlwaysWineTimeDined on 9/29/2014I had my 21st birthday dinner at Buca with my family this past Monday night. Monday wasn't ideal and a little odd for a 21st birthday dinner but it was the only option for my group's conflicting work schedules. I had a party of 14, initially 12 but 2 people showed up unexpectedly. Our waitress (I feel terrible, I don't remember her name) was awesome! She kept up with all of my group's requests no matter how overwhelming it may have been. She appeared calm throughout, and never forgot a thing. Only sucky part was they ran out of alfredo sauce entirely, but having worked in a restaurant before I understand how ingredients can ran out before a new shipment of ingredients arrives. Overall terrific experience! Incredible team here! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Neighborhood Italian... a good place to relax, dimly lit.. good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the moneyAlwayseatingDined on 9/21/2014$40 special is always a good deal. And service was just awesome, attentive and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/20143 people- the small salad was just adequate, the large entrée was skimpy.
- Not worth itThebeefamilyDined on 9/11/2014Super noisy absent slow service. Kids got restless because of it. They forgot it was my son's birthday too, so we didn't even get ice cream or cake. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- Food allergy early departureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014When I made my review I stated "nut and peanut allergy" on my reservation. I didn't emphasize this verbally & should have. When ordering the apple gorgonzola salad I requested walnuts on the side. They were served that way but must have been hand-removed after the fact. After my son took some lettuce/apple and proceeded to eat his throat began to tighten. I sorted through his lettuce and we both saw a tiny crumb or walnut-I tasted it to verify. We had to leave immediately to seek medical attention. It was a one day visit from college. The manager was understanding in that he said don't worry about what was previously served (which was only the salad). In the past we've dined here with the stated allergy and the staff was more attentive.Special Features:
- Fun with friendsHappyDinerDined on 8/30/2014Buca is always a great place to go for big groups or special occasions. The portions are sizeable and everything tastes great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrishlassDined on 8/26/2014Overall food was hot & tasty; the Pope room would not be everyone's choice so disappointed that we were not asked if it was ok with our party. Service was good but no dishes removed after each course making our table overcrowded & messy - very off putting.Special Features:
- Always goodAlwayseatingDined on 8/24/2014Always good service and good portion of food for the groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatSundanceDined on 8/24/2014Okay, but not definitely too noisy. The service was very slow, especially since the restaurant was not full at all. We will not be returning.
- Excellent birthday spot.SidtheSquidDined on 8/21/2014We had a party of 5. the menu offers small or large portions. Small feeds 2-3 people, large feeds 4-6. We bought a large salad and split it, perfect amount of food for 5. We split salmon, chicken Parmesan, spaghetti and meatballs. the meatballs were huge, the salmon was good but a smaller portion. Hands down the chicken Parmesan was the best choice with excellent taste and large serving size. Had 2 beers and an ice tea. Excellent service but expensive, so plan on spending some money here. the above dinner was $120.00 and we had a $20 discount coupon. Would go again only if a special occasion. they take your photo and come back at the end of dinner pushing to buy the photos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiestheFab5Dined on 8/16/2014We had a party of 7 and were seated at a fabulous booth that could accommodate 8. The best part was being able to hear everyone at the table. Spanning ages from 12 -76, each person enjoyed the meal and serving it up family style was perfect for our family. We liked the idea of having a restaurant photo momento and this was a nice touch. In the future it would have been better to bring the additional photos for purchase towards the end of the meal instead of during. Overall, we all left having had great conversation, service and food that we talked about until the next day. Thanks for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo-CampbellFuzzyDined on 8/16/2014The food was great as far as flavor. Disappointed for the price that the soft drinks were not free refills. We also weren't offered bread with our salad so we ordered garlic bread which was a pretty small serving for 5 people and pricey. We liked the free postcard picture of our group, but didn't really like having pictures trying to be sold to us. Waitress was a little overwhelmed with the number of tables she was servicing. Service was a little slow and it really wasn't that busy. Probably we go again, but for only a special occasion.Special Features:
- Long wait with a reservationeathealthyDined on 8/9/2014Made a reservation with Open Table , arrived on time, waited approximately 10 minutes to be seated. Waiter was nice and responsive. Salad and bread came out in a reasonable time. Waited over an hour for our entrees. Waiter said the kitchen was slow, but the table across from us that arrived 30 minutes after us received their entrees before our table. We will not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- " WE LOVE BUCA "meseretaDined on 8/9/2014We love the food and the service was excellent for our first visit definitive we would come again with no doubt. Excellent service to the children and young teens. It made use feel like in Italy. Mmmmmmmmm.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for dinner with friends/family!BryjaDined on 8/8/2014Buca has great food, from appetizers and salads to pasta and chicken. I've never had anything here that I didn't like, or that didn't match the menu description. They give attentive and friendly service, and huge portions. There is always food to take home. If you join their email list they send you coupons for big discounts, free dessert for your birthday, and cool stuff like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better the next dayne00Dined on 7/31/2014We made reservations and was seated after a few minutes rather than having to wait 30 minutes if just walking in. Service: Slow service. The wait staff seems to cater more to larger parties than smaller parties with less than 4. I noticed a lot of patrons grabbing their own togo containers or oil/balsamic because the service was so slow. It was just easier to get everything that's visible yourself. It took about 15 minutes from the time we were seated to get our basket of complimentary bread. Food: Better the next day once it's been heated up. Our food took a while to come out. We assumed they were being cooked so they'd come out piping hot. Instead the plates were piping hot and the food only tasted lukewarm at best.Special Features:
- The following 363 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Campbell reviews archive.
- Great place for family dinnerSavoryPalateDined on 7/20/2014We made a reservation at 8pm and got seated at about 8:15pm. The food took about half an hour to come out but we had bread to munch on while we waited and we enjoyed each other's time so the wait wasn't a huge problem for us. The staff were all very very personable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Had no plans for dinner on a Tuesday night. Felt like having Italian food but was worried Buca might be too busy. It was 5:30 pm, went online and made reservations for 7 pm. Perfect! Easy to make reservations. They sat us right away -- even a little early since we arrived early. Service was attentive and polite. Salad, pizza, chicken saltimbocca, and eggplant parmesean were yummy! Had plenty of leftovers for the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday Celebration7inseventhheavenDined on 7/14/2014Seven of us (five adults and two children) had dinner on July 14, 2014 to celebrate my upcoming birthday. We were seated in a quiet area with one other couple nearby. My grandsons, ages nine and six enjoyed the child's pepperoni pizza. The adults had your '1893' salad, the lemon chicken with capers and the shrimp pasta. Salad and chicken were outstanding and the pasta very good. We had large portions and had extra salad and pasta to take home. Our waitperson was attentive, unobtrusive and kind. I shred my delicious gooey birthday brownie with the boys. yum. They loved the serenade and the lighted candleabra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family style diningTfhsmailDined on 7/12/2014Four 4 good eaters we had an order of Garlic bread and 4 small entrees. Plenty left to take homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting arrangementBinky22Dined on 7/12/2014One thing I didn't like, you don't really get a chance to talk to everybody in the group, It be nice to have more of a round table instead. The area we sat at was a crowd and you felt so closed in. Also it was very hot and stuffy. I did say something about it the staff and they were going to look into it. I guess they did, but it didn't make a difference. The food was good, and the serves was excellent. When we left there must of been several staff that said good bye or thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- discontentedpalate4foodVIPDined on 7/11/2014Table service was lacking due to bartender doing double duty...there was additional waitstaff - at least 6- milling around the bar area socializing. Service just wasn't what we have been accustomed to...Special Features:
- Not what we expectedSunone1Dined on 7/5/2014Ive been to this place but over the bridge . This place looked run down the waiter had a unkempt curly gross beard. Ew. The prices were a little high . We left before we put our order in. I wished this place had a more cozier feel and waiters that looked clean.Special Features:
- Service So SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Service is sooo slow. Food was served after 35 minutes and they did not give us plates for main course but appetizers.Special Features:
- servicekyotoDined on 6/28/2014service was great,food was great,,,,,,,,our party was five,we had a great time,our server Cody was fantastic,provided us with a great time and experiance,,,,,,Special Features:
- remarkable serviceproudmommaDined on 6/26/2014We went to Bucca for my 14 year old son's bday. The reservation online was a breeze, for 15 guest. We arrived around 15 minutes early and had to wait only 5 minutes before being seated. The waitress was awesome. She was sweet, welcoming, very friendly, and assertive. The food was served quickly and delish. Our over all experience was excellent. Would definitely do it again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.