Buca di Beppo - Burnsville
14300 Burnhaven Drive
Burnsville, MN 55306Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Burnsville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (952) 892-7272
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bradley Gustafson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Burnsville
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Buca di Beppo - Burnsville - Best Restaurants in Burnsville ›
Buca di Beppo - Burnsville reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (41)special occasion (24)kid-friendly (21)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- good family mealCraveVIPDined on 11/22/2014Good family-style food and lots of it. Kids and adults both liked it. Making the reservation on Open Table got us in timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovedBucaBirthdayGirlDined on 11/15/2014We had a group of 8 celebratIng my birthday. We had a reservation and got right in. The service was fantastic. The food was excellent. We had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My boyfriend and I spent a spontaneous date night here recently and were very happy with Adam as our server. He recommended a wonderful appetizer and delicious main course. The wine list isn't overwhelming and we both enjoyed two 9 oz glasses of red. Hot food served in a short time, Adam kept us very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 11/14/2014Started with an apple salad (large bowl, fresh and tasty) and a sampler of calamari, stuffed mushrooms, and fried cheese. Personally, I would stuck to the mushrooms, but we had a group of 8 and so a variety seemed wise. I personally had a Tuscan reserve wine which was good - but not great. Others seemed happy with their choice of drinks. Ordered the chicken/sausage pasta, stuffed chicken, marsala rosa and a side of sausage & peppers. Lots of pasta, I think a plate of the chicken or veal would have been smart to replace one of the pasta dishes. Ended with (big bowl of) tiramisu and two orders cannoli. Both were very nice. As always, we ended up with leftovers to take home (even with 8 of us). And significantly under my budget. Not extraordinary, but good food, good atmosphere, and friendly pricing. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experience /last experience!LaurenDined on 11/1/2014My daughter asked to go for her Birthday. Buca's was a place that we had never been. The server was less than impressive. We repeatedly had to ask for refills. My husband received his meal about 15-20 minutes after we received ours. Needless to say the rest of us were pretty much done eating. 5 of us were cramped into a booth and when we requested a table (there was one empty directly to our right) we were told that we would have to wait additional time. When they took my parents meal to put it in a to-go box we had to ask for it. It was never brought to us. I think we waited approximately 25 minutes or so to finally receive our $167 check. When they came over to sing Happy Birthday the staff looked bored and in other directionsSpecial Features:
- Large-party ActivityTerryDined on 11/1/2014We hosted a large group at B.Beppo in Oct. & were attended to well by staff. Our last visit was in mid-2013 with a more positive experience. The food this time was fair. Salad lacked flavor with un-seasoned oil as a dressing. It was tossed with an inadequate amount of olives/veggies for everyone to enjoy and it wasn't only the last people served that complained. Our fave estaurants have staff that are more attentive to our water glasses, wine & table bread accompaniments. Repeat guests in our group agreed that entrees had diminished in quality. We perceived that corners had been cut in the use of specialty ingredients (not pasta/sauce). Overall, this venue is no longer a good value for the $$ spent with better options for our group.
- Wonderful food, food wait longKennedyDined on 10/25/2014The food as always was amazing. I have always enjoyed the whole experience at Bucas......the food, smells, environment and service. The food took 45 to 55 minutes which was fine with us but for some, that may be a problem. The waitress was great at checking in, providing refills, and such. For those who have a time constraint, I would let the waitress know. The table next to us had play tickets and the waitress was able to accommodate, had she been more experienced she could have been able to let the couple know which meals would take longer. (It was her first week). We are looking forward to experiencing Bucas again soon. Overall, A wonderful experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca has good food! :)YummyDined on 10/24/2014Great food, friendly staff. Nice atmosphere, nice roomy booths. Nice to eat and talk at our leisure and not be rushed thru the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful FoodPBlockDined on 10/13/2014The food was terrible. There was no "meat" in any of our pasta dishes. Huge bowl of pasta with maybe 10 baby shrimp on the top. No flavor to anything. Time to close the doors on what use to be a great dining experience.
- 40th Birthday Fun!JenNDined on 10/11/2014Our group of 6 decided on Bucca for my husbands 40th Birthday. Our waiter Rocko was AWESOME! Fun and attentive! Thanks Bucca in Burnsville for the great night out!Special Features:
- Horrilble ServicejessisangelsDined on 10/11/2014Never again will go to this Bucca. Had my reservations almost a week in advance and waited 20 minutes to be seated once we got there. Our entire stay was 3 hours and only got checked on by our waiter 3 times. Our waters were refilled only ONCE ! We had to ask the host for more bread when she was sitting another table because our server was nowhere. On of your orders was never brought to us with all the other food and when we asked her she said "well we are serving other tables, I am sure they are still working on it" and walked away, came back 10 minutes later with it. May I add one of your guest never had a normal size plate he had his food on the small bread plates. And she had an attitude when we tried to pay with a coupon. HORRIBLE
- Fine food..bad servicestephwaltDined on 10/10/2014We were a party of 5 with one child..The server was also expecting a wedding rehearsal dinner so she was pre occupied. ...When we had trouble deciding we hat we wanted she would roll her eyes and sigh and instead of suggesting items. .she said she would be back....rent after dinner would stalk our table until we left. ..not very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014We had a wonderful time! Our group was large, but our waitress did a great job of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whining about the wine..birthdaygirlDined on 9/27/2014Place was crazy busy, because it was homecoming. Our waiter did a good job of keeping us supplied with bread while we waited. It was quite a long wait for food, but that was ok. The food, as always, was good. Our disappointment was that the 2 carafes of white sangria (at $22 each) were mostly ice. I mean, a lot of ice. Otherwise, a good visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vipergirl76Dined on 9/19/2014We always love going to Buca. This was a Fridaynight and we were able to make reservations for a party of 8 only 2 hrs in advance, and there was no waiting! Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute dinnerCharlieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Met my husband for a quick dinner prior to other appointments. Once the waiter knew about our time crunch, he was extremely attentive and assured us we would finish dinner on time. He was awesome and his food recommendations were spot on!Special Features:
- Never pay retailNonVegansVIPDined on 9/5/2014With the plethora of coupon incentives Buca sends out on a weekly basis makes dining there an excellent value. Food is good; service is prompt.Special Features:
- Missing Flavor in FoodNotimpressedDined on 9/3/2014While I used to find Buca a great find, I'm becoming more and more disappointed in the Burnsville location. I have the Buca cookbook and can verify that things have changed for the worse. The garlic mashed potatoes had a very funny flavor - no more red potatoes. These tasted like boxed with minced garlic - nasty!!! The baked ziti lacked flavor as well...where's the home cooking? I was very disappointed in the food this trip and in the past 3-4 trips we've made there. Luckily, my 12 year old, who was celebrating her birthday, still enjoys the food. The monster brownie dessert was nice, but there was way, way more cool whip than ice cream - not what we paid for! Please, please, please find it in your budget to go back to where Buca came from.Special Features:
- Amazing food, HORRIBLE serviceKaleyDined on 9/1/2014We arrived early for our reservation and were placed in the very back away from everyone and everything.... including our waiter. We waited for 15 minutes before he came and asked us for a drink order. He then was MIA for 40 minutes after our meal came. We had young children and needed our check, and boxes. Now I would understand if he were busy with other customers, but we found him sitting at the bar talking and there were only about 8 other tables of people. We absolutely will not be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was delisious! Service was good. Our table was barely large enough for our family plus the food. Bigger table would have been nice. But overall it was a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go unless you plan to be loudBmeredithjrDined on 8/17/2014Everyone knows Buca is best for big groups, but on this last visit they crammed our small party into a room with several large groups. Not only was it so loud we couldn't hear each other across the table unless we yelled, but I was constantly getting bumped by the waitstaff as they pushed past. There was a lot of empty seating, so this choice seemed unnecessary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I always enjoy Buca. Good food, good service and I personally enjoy the noise and energy in the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasualDinerDined on 7/31/2014Good food and friendly service. Enjoyed visiting and dining with friends without feeling rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 371 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Burnsville reviews archive.
- overall great experienceRPFamilyDined on 7/30/2014I highly recommend it! Always fun with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomasinaDined on 7/26/2014food and drinks were too expensive. I found the pasta to be very bland. no excitement
- Not preparedJimBDined on 7/14/2014I made reservations for a group of 7 and we arrived on time. It took 15 minutes to get our table and then another 15 minutes before a server was available. The food was fine but a little slow in coming out. I give extra praise to the server for working hard to take care of us. Buca is still worth the trip but I suggest that you avoid the 6:30pm timeslot for reservations. My recommendation to Buca's management is to better manage the reservations they accept.Special Features:
- A little disappointedNonVegansVIPDined on 7/2/2014Typically Buca does a good job. We tried one of their Summer Specials and were not very happy with the dish. The Aglio e Oilio Primavera was very dry and the pasta was all stuck together. It appeared it sat on a warming table waiting to be ordered. The waiter didn't offer much of an excuse except to acknowledge it. I did not order wine because as I stated in a previous review, the wine pours at Buca are not a very good value. On the other hand, the waiter did do a good job of accommodating our request to be moved due to a screaming toddler; and he got a nice tip as appreciation. Thanks Erik!
- Severely UnderstaffedKarenDined on 7/2/2014Really disappointed in the poor service. They had let too many people have time off and the service was slow and the waitress was gone for long stretches of time. Food was good but some was cold.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca has turned the cornerNonVegansVIPDined on 6/19/2014There was period of inconsistencies in both food and service. I'm glad the new owners worked the bugs out of their system. They added some great new items and kept the some of the old standby's. The three new summer dinners look great. We only had a chance to try one...the Penne Caprese. Was a little too spicy for my wife but I enjoyed it. The only real complaint was the stingy pours on the wine. I ordered their 9oz house red and was disappointed in the short pour. Although we'll be back, I doubt I'll order a wine....not a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 16th Birthday PartyRuthDined on 6/16/2014The staff was great, very upbeat and attentive! I'm afraid we may have been a bit noisy, but had been placed in an area where the girls could just have fun and not be a bother to anyone else. The food was very good and reasonably priced - it was enjoyable for everyone. Thanks for helping make it a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy wait staff were inappropriateHotscotgalDined on 6/14/2014We were seated at the back table in the bar which is usually noisy due to wait staff stacking and wiping dishes with no regard to the clatter. June 14 was especially noisy as 4 wait staff were congregating in the small hallway behind the bar and talking, laughing loudly. This went on through most of our hour long dinner. Granted we can't control the noise level of other patrons, but these young wait staff seemed to have no knowledge of polite or professional behavior. Our waiter once again made us wait for our bread as he was chatting with other waitstaff. He seems to have a hard time balancing working the bar and waiting tables. Otherwise he was attentive to our needs and the food was fabulous as always.Special Features:
- Food Great / Service too aggressiveGrateDined on 6/6/2014We generally love this place for a family gathering as the restaurant is filled with energy which we enjoy. This night, however, we felt rushed throughout our meal by the wait staff which was frustrating as we wanted to enjoy our family as much as we were trying to enjoy our food. If we set our fork down, someone was there asking us if we were through with our meal... after the fifth time we had to mention to them that we would let them know when we were finished. Isn't an Italian meal one over which you linger and share great conversations???PS: Do you really have to ask for ID's from grandparents that you know are over seventy years old...seriously making them dig into their wallet or purse was not customer friendly."Special Features:
- great food!RednecksDined on 5/31/2014loved the food, would highly recommend if you want great Italian. Overall A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointmentmy2centsDined on 5/24/2014We wanted to do a festive family dinner with our extended family. We'd eaten at Buca quite a bit before and were looking for a good night out, but were very disappointed. Our waiter was friendly and positive, but we had to ask (and wait) for EVERYTHING we needed, including PLATES! Food took a long time--even the garlic bread, which came as a half order because we were told that the kitchen staff had dropped the rest. We were in the large group area and literally had to scream to hear each other, which didn't work well for the older folks in our group. It was not the experience we were expecting and hoping for.Special Features:
- Good but waited longOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Overall pretty great, my only problem was that we had to wait a while even with a reservation to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good service!luv2eatVIPDined on 5/16/2014We had a good time at Buca - the food was very good as usual! We had the 1893 salad with the Spaghetti with Meat sauce. Each was very good, and everyone took very good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizza on the floorEarlDined on 5/16/2014Buca puts your pizza on 2 cans of tomato paste. Long wide board. But they didn't cut the pizza very well. So grabbing a piece of pizza and not trying to take the whole pizza. The whole works ended up on the table. Very frustrating. It looked cool. Not very practical. If they wouldn't have rushed through that one little step, I guess it would have been pleasant.
- Mama Mia!KidfriendlypleaseDined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day at Buca this year. It was a great choice for our lunch before a performance at the Ames Center in Burnsville. The lively, celebratory atmosphere added to our fun. The food is so delicious and so consistent. We have never had a bad dish there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014I always thought Buca was for large, family only occasions but my wife and I thought it was a perfect place for date night. We shared a small pasta and a side. Had a cocktail and a glass of wine and we left with leftovers. The food was great and the service was fantastic. A great experience. I liked it so much I'll be bringing my extended family back there next month for an anniversary celebration. Make reservations! Don't just show up. Skip Olive Garden and go to Buca. SO much better!Special Features:
- Always enjoy ourselvesluv2eatVIPDined on 4/29/2014We go to Buca quite often - this last time, we got the Caesar salad and the Spicy Chicken Rigatoni - both smalls which is plenty for the 2 of us. We enjoyed both very much. Eric, our waiter, was great. He was efficient and also friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.