Buca di Beppo - Brea
1609 East Imperial Highway
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 7145296262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Julia Zambrano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Brea
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
Buca di Beppo - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (50)kid-friendly (31)special occasion (31)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- birthday dinnerklwavonDined on 10/18/2014Had a wonderful experience for my birthday. I was not expecting to be put in the spotlight like I was. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014What a gem! Hidden next to the 57 freeway, this unique restaurant has the most friendly staff, one could wish for. From the quick tour of the kitchen and food prep areas, to the delightful hostess' and courteous servers, this place doesn't miss a beat. We arrived to celebrate a birthday and we were seated exactly at the time of our reservation. The complimentary photo was also an unexpected delight. The food was great, the service was even better. I will visit here again, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinnerMexchickDined on 10/16/2014My husband took me to buca for the first time on my birthday. The food was amazing! They took our picture, which I think was really cool. Overall, I enjoyed my birthday at buca, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible service experience.rosag16Dined on 10/11/2014I had a horrible services experience the waiters have way too much attitude. We were attended by waiters named Cynthiana and she was the most rude and unappreciated of them all. When asked if she could separate our bill into two to make paying easier she moaned and walked away after coming back she slammed the two separate bills on the table which were done completely wrong so I had to personally stand up and ask another waiter to do it for me. She heard me asking another waiter and rapidly approached me saying that she did them correctly and that it was my fault for not reading them correctly. My experience at bucca was horrible you guys need to address your waiters.Special Features:
- Great TimegreattimeDined on 10/11/2014Our family had a great time. The service was great. The only thing was it was very cold inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic fit for the occasionSelfProclaimedChefDined on 10/11/2014We went to celebrate my sisters' birthdays here with the entire family and it was great!!! The staff knows how to work the fun into the group! Food was great, portions are perfect for groups, and the fun of the facility was perfect! I'm a fan of customer service and they get 10 out of 10 stars on my scale!Special Features:
- Fantastic TimeQueenie74Dined on 10/10/2014Went to Buca for celebrate my BIG 4-0. Every staff member that walked by was helpful and friendly. Robert our waiter was great! Fast service and he was friendly and fit right in with the type of group we were!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowCodeeDined on 10/5/2014Very busy night, we had 3 or 4 servers so we had to repeat requests often. We got our food in stages with a lot of time between courses. But the Food was very good and we'll go back. Just make sure you have plenty of time to spareSpecial Features:
- EnjoyablescrumptiousDined on 9/27/2014We had an overall good dinning experience. The seating was quick. The service was excellent. The food was delicious. The dessert was enormous and very good. We were pleased and would return and recommend.Special Features:
- Fun and lots of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Hearty, adequate comfort food with a vibe that's always fun, especially for large groups and special occasions! Nothing spectacular, but big portions at decent prices.Special Features:
- Excellent foodItalianaDined on 9/20/2014You were really busy, but there were always waiters asking if they could get us anything.Special Features:
- SCSCDined on 9/13/2014The food & service was good but the noise level was horrible. We sat next to a large group having a birthday party & they were extremley LOUD. Kids were running back and forth & grown-ups playing with thier babies next to our table. I don't think they teach table manners at home anymore. I walked out with a huge headache after my birthday dinner.
- My daughter's birthday1BdayDinnerDined on 9/13/2014Had a great time with family for my daughter's 16th birthday. The staff was great and the food was magnifico! Portions delivered plenty of food with a lot of leftovers. Thank you Buca di Beppo Brea! Mike T (Fullerton)Special Features:
- Lots of everythingallenlidDined on 9/8/2014With the exception of customer service which is just ok, Buca is a great place to go for Italian. Lots of Italian. Family Style. Wow. We had leftovers enough for 2 dinners after the 1 dinner for a total of 3 meals for the price of one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familycelebrationfor2Dined on 9/7/2014The food, as always, was wonderful and our wait staff was absolutely the best. However, we had reservations for 8 at 4:30 on a Sunday and when they went to seat us we were lead to a table that would have a hard time sitting 6 let alone 8. So we asked for another table and it took 15 minutes to get another table and it seemed as though no one knew what to do about it. We finally were seated by the manager and she did apologize and gave us a free dessert, but this should not have happened in the first place. Once we were seated the wait staff treated us extremely well and were very pleasant.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceDininggirlDined on 9/5/2014I had a party of 15 for my birthday, and not only were they accommating to last minute changes, but also had amazing service with hot food coming out in minutes. They even let me order a mango mojito that they discontinued (bring it back!!). To top it off, they even put on a show for my birthday song. The only con was that some of my guests said the food was a little bland, but it's okay, they don't need the extra salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdivadDined on 9/5/2014Our service was great food was delicious. Restaurant was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Enthusiastic ServerJackieDined on 8/26/2014I believe our server's name was Jamie. She was new to that Bucca restaurant because she had transferred from the Tustin Marketplace location. She was so enthusiastic, kept coming back to our table to check on us, and the best part we never had to ask for anything. She kept our drinks and bread basket filled. She was also super funny which made our family experience a fun one :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiaedmundsDined on 8/23/2014They did not honor the time for our reservations, a party of seven with reservations for seven entered restaurant after us were seated before us. Hostess not very attentive. When we were seated we were given a table for six with a chair at the end of the table. I objected and said table was not acceptable we were then given a table by the exit. Our waiter visited our table three times in an hour and half. At one point our waiter came back to our table and said "boy I bet you thought I forgot you". No refills of drinks. When leaving we were given take out containers but no bag to carry the containers in, very tacky. Needless to say we will not dine there again.
- Let DownEatoutalotDined on 8/23/2014Haven't been there in over a year.... WOW... What a let down.... Started with drinks.. Beer warm and flat Drink was overly sweet and not mixed well.. Salad was salty and tasted old dressing terrible... Main course came warm (Guess it wasn't microwaved enough) Waiter was the only highlight.. But even he couldn't help when we told... Management needs retraining...Special Features:
- Not so great reviewcatsimpsonDined on 8/22/2014At 8:15 my family of 3 was seated in the bar-did not request the bar), surrounded by pictures, a few of them showed bare butts and one showed a woman laying out on the beach with breasts completely exposed. The pictures made dining a little awkward since we were with our young child. The service was good til the end when the check was not brought. We waited for quite a while, business had slowed--all other tables were empty, but my husband had to get up and ask for the check. Also, a woman took our picture(2 poses) and never returned with the pictures although we had been there for an extended period of time waiting for our check. It's a little annoying being asked to pose for a picture (we had to switch seats for this) for no reason. s
- Good food but service was poorallenlidDined on 8/17/2014Our food came out after a table that was sat after us. I had to ask for my water to be refilled. Took order and sat for 25 minutes with nobody coming by. Finally had to ask for our server from another server. Server's response was "I already took their order". While here, another table had a server bring out the wrong dish and when he got to the table, he proudly told the table he was talking to someone and got distracted and forgot which table it was for. Not a good thing to admit to customers. We won't be back. If we're going to pay money for pasta, this better be amazing and service better be there. We will just make it ourselves next time and we'll get much more chicken in the Fettucinni.
- Lunch ReviewdinentimeDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful time. Our waitress, Alvetta, remembered us from when we had been there before. She was so pleasant, very attentive with our drink refills. Also, what seemed a little above and beyond, we went in with a coupon for a free desert(anniversary). She apparently was so attentive she heard us talking about the desert we wanted and when we were ready brought it to us without having to ask.Special Features:
- expensive!live2eatDined on 8/15/2014I didn't realize how expensive this place was! 1 app, 1 small pasta, 1 beer, 1 margarita was almost $70! Food was on par with olive garden. At least you get salad and breadsticks there!Special Features:
- Good food.ScarlettDined on 8/10/2014The food is always good and the servers are awesome. You get huge portions at a reasonable price. And a photographer comes to your table for a few pictures that are made into a postcard as a free souvenir. Big fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not hot 4 meluvgdvalueDined on 8/2/2014Seems too expense. Even with coupon. Do not expect to return. Noise level way too high. Good for you that you have large groups, not for me unless I'm in the group. Love quite dinning with wine.Special Features:
- Great Pizza!gabyc1Dined on 7/15/2014We went here for a birthday celebration. The food was good but service was too slow!Special Features:
- Large portions:)2charliewithlovDined on 7/14/2014Even the small orders proved too much for two big appetites. Plenty of leftovers which I enjoyed the next day. The spicy chicken rigatoni was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleChochDined on 7/12/2014We arrived on time for our reservation for 12 people. We were given a terrible table that was a booth for six with a table for another 6 connected to it. Very bad location and difficult for people to move in and out. We complained and got another table, we appreciate the effort to get us seated in a more suitable table, but it continuned to go downhill. But we got probably one of the worst servers ever. He forgets everything, we did not get the soup we ordered, the butter we asked for and we had to ask for plates, and he would disapear for long periods. I had to get our own dessert plates and take out boxes. The food came out in batches as well, the meatballs came 10 mins behind the spaghetti as did the salmon--we had to keep following up.
- waitressdinnerexperienceDined on 7/5/2014We order a pizza to start and a ravioli order to follow. After 25 minutes the waitress came with the ravioli and when we asked about our pizza he ran to order it. I think you change to often your waitress and they are not professional. I was not satisfy at all. There is a lot of restaurants around to get better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VictorDined on 7/5/2014Great food! Best of the Buca di Beppos we have been to.Special Features:
- Wasn't happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Not the best service..super slow. Food took long and all of the dishes came out one at a time.Special Features:
- The following 392 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Brea reviews archive.
- very good clean and very welcome ..anthonyDined on 6/17/2014I live to eat there not only the food is very tasty but the service is very professional. very romantic and traditional. I love all the pictures of artist and old photo make you feel that you are in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, lukewarm serviceSpritelyDined on 6/15/2014Our server was nice, but he spilled a cup of water on my boyfriend's mom, and while he did apologize and clean up the spill, he didn't make any effort to make up for the inconvenience. Also, throughout our meal, my water cup stayed empty, and we had to flag him down just to make requests. I have definitely had better service here before, but bummed that our server did not make Father's Day very special to our group.Special Features:
- Great foodLuvgreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014We celebrated Father's Day at Buca Di Beppo. The food was excellent, the service was great and they were very accommodating. I had to change the reservations to a different time and I was able to do so with no problem. Had a great time and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!JackManDined on 6/15/2014We have eaten here now with my daughter's graduation and Father's Day!!! Excellent!!Special Features:
- Father's DayBzeemomDined on 6/15/2014Great place to go on a special occasion. We had good food and fantastic service! All dad's and family members will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLovetoeatDined on 6/15/2014The food were yummy! Calamari, tutti di mare pasta and carbonara were perfect! I would probably eat again at buca but not at brea. The hostess Ashley just ruined our dining experience!!Special Features:
- great Friday night with friendsjcurrinDined on 6/13/2014We arrived 10 minutes early and we were promptly seated. The waitress was a little cold but she was attentive and got our orders in quick. We ate with another couple and all of our drinks and food was spot on. The bill wasn't has bad as I expected and the great leftovers made up for the prices. A1 service in a great family atmosphere. I would recommend to anyone....make sure you are hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPooklaDined on 6/10/2014Our server recommended the chicken carbonara so we went with that and a spicy chicken dish. We enjoyed both dishes but especially the chicken carbonara. The ceasar salad was delish as well.Special Features: