Buca di Beppo - Brea
1609 East Imperial Highway
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 7145296262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Julia Zambrano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Brea
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
Buca di Beppo - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (72)special occasion (49)kid-friendly (43)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Enthusiastic ServerJackieDined on 8/26/2014I believe our server's name was Jamie. She was new to that Bucca restaurant because she had transferred from the Tustin Marketplace location. She was so enthusiastic, kept coming back to our table to check on us, and the best part we never had to ask for anything. She kept our drinks and bread basket filled. She was also super funny which made our family experience a fun one :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiaedmundsDined on 8/23/2014They did not honor the time for our reservations, a party of seven with reservations for seven entered restaurant after us were seated before us. Hostess not very attentive. When we were seated we were given a table for six with a chair at the end of the table. I objected and said table was not acceptable we were then given a table by the exit. Our waiter visited our table three times in an hour and half. At one point our waiter came back to our table and said "boy I bet you thought I forgot you". No refills of drinks. When leaving we were given take out containers but no bag to carry the containers in, very tacky. Needless to say we will not dine there again.
- Let DownEatoutalotDined on 8/23/2014Haven't been there in over a year.... WOW... What a let down.... Started with drinks.. Beer warm and flat Drink was overly sweet and not mixed well.. Salad was salty and tasted old dressing terrible... Main course came warm (Guess it wasn't microwaved enough) Waiter was the only highlight.. But even he couldn't help when we told... Management needs retraining...Special Features:
- Not so great reviewcatsimpsonDined on 8/22/2014At 8:15 my family of 3 was seated in the bar-did not request the bar), surrounded by pictures, a few of them showed bare butts and one showed a woman laying out on the beach with breasts completely exposed. The pictures made dining a little awkward since we were with our young child. The service was good til the end when the check was not brought. We waited for quite a while, business had slowed--all other tables were empty, but my husband had to get up and ask for the check. Also, a woman took our picture(2 poses) and never returned with the pictures although we had been there for an extended period of time waiting for our check. It's a little annoying being asked to pose for a picture (we had to switch seats for this) for no reason. s
- Good food but service was poorallenlidDined on 8/17/2014Our food came out after a table that was sat after us. I had to ask for my water to be refilled. Took order and sat for 25 minutes with nobody coming by. Finally had to ask for our server from another server. Server's response was "I already took their order". While here, another table had a server bring out the wrong dish and when he got to the table, he proudly told the table he was talking to someone and got distracted and forgot which table it was for. Not a good thing to admit to customers. We won't be back. If we're going to pay money for pasta, this better be amazing and service better be there. We will just make it ourselves next time and we'll get much more chicken in the Fettucinni.
- Lunch ReviewdinentimeDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful time. Our waitress, Alvetta, remembered us from when we had been there before. She was so pleasant, very attentive with our drink refills. Also, what seemed a little above and beyond, we went in with a coupon for a free desert(anniversary). She apparently was so attentive she heard us talking about the desert we wanted and when we were ready brought it to us without having to ask.Special Features:
- expensive!live2eatDined on 8/15/2014I didn't realize how expensive this place was! 1 app, 1 small pasta, 1 beer, 1 margarita was almost $70! Food was on par with olive garden. At least you get salad and breadsticks there!Special Features:
- Good food.ScarlettDined on 8/10/2014The food is always good and the servers are awesome. You get huge portions at a reasonable price. And a photographer comes to your table for a few pictures that are made into a postcard as a free souvenir. Big fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not hot 4 meluvgdvalueDined on 8/2/2014Seems too expense. Even with coupon. Do not expect to return. Noise level way too high. Good for you that you have large groups, not for me unless I'm in the group. Love quite dinning with wine.Special Features:
- Great Pizza!gabyc1Dined on 7/15/2014We went here for a birthday celebration. The food was good but service was too slow!Special Features:
- Large portions:)2charliewithlovDined on 7/14/2014Even the small orders proved too much for two big appetites. Plenty of leftovers which I enjoyed the next day. The spicy chicken rigatoni was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleChochDined on 7/12/2014We arrived on time for our reservation for 12 people. We were given a terrible table that was a booth for six with a table for another 6 connected to it. Very bad location and difficult for people to move in and out. We complained and got another table, we appreciate the effort to get us seated in a more suitable table, but it continuned to go downhill. But we got probably one of the worst servers ever. He forgets everything, we did not get the soup we ordered, the butter we asked for and we had to ask for plates, and he would disapear for long periods. I had to get our own dessert plates and take out boxes. The food came out in batches as well, the meatballs came 10 mins behind the spaghetti as did the salmon--we had to keep following up.
- waitressdinnerexperienceDined on 7/5/2014We order a pizza to start and a ravioli order to follow. After 25 minutes the waitress came with the ravioli and when we asked about our pizza he ran to order it. I think you change to often your waitress and they are not professional. I was not satisfy at all. There is a lot of restaurants around to get better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VictorDined on 7/5/2014Great food! Best of the Buca di Beppos we have been to.Special Features:
- Wasn't happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Not the best service..super slow. Food took long and all of the dishes came out one at a time.Special Features:
- very good clean and very welcome ..anthonyDined on 6/17/2014I live to eat there not only the food is very tasty but the service is very professional. very romantic and traditional. I love all the pictures of artist and old photo make you feel that you are in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, lukewarm serviceSpritelyDined on 6/15/2014Our server was nice, but he spilled a cup of water on my boyfriend's mom, and while he did apologize and clean up the spill, he didn't make any effort to make up for the inconvenience. Also, throughout our meal, my water cup stayed empty, and we had to flag him down just to make requests. I have definitely had better service here before, but bummed that our server did not make Father's Day very special to our group.Special Features:
- Great foodLuvgreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014We celebrated Father's Day at Buca Di Beppo. The food was excellent, the service was great and they were very accommodating. I had to change the reservations to a different time and I was able to do so with no problem. Had a great time and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!JackManDined on 6/15/2014We have eaten here now with my daughter's graduation and Father's Day!!! Excellent!!Special Features:
- Father's DayBzeemomDined on 6/15/2014Great place to go on a special occasion. We had good food and fantastic service! All dad's and family members will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLovetoeatDined on 6/15/2014The food were yummy! Calamari, tutti di mare pasta and carbonara were perfect! I would probably eat again at buca but not at brea. The hostess Ashley just ruined our dining experience!!Special Features:
- great Friday night with friendsjcurrinDined on 6/13/2014We arrived 10 minutes early and we were promptly seated. The waitress was a little cold but she was attentive and got our orders in quick. We ate with another couple and all of our drinks and food was spot on. The bill wasn't has bad as I expected and the great leftovers made up for the prices. A1 service in a great family atmosphere. I would recommend to anyone....make sure you are hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPooklaDined on 6/10/2014Our server recommended the chicken carbonara so we went with that and a spicy chicken dish. We enjoyed both dishes but especially the chicken carbonara. The ceasar salad was delish as well.Special Features:
- ItalianaDined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious as always! The ambiance was great! The service was a little slow. I would still return to eat there.Special Features:
- Fun evening with friendsLargepartyDined on 5/30/2014The food was better here than at other buca locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisytoomuchnoiseDined on 5/30/2014We went to dinner with some friends to catch up since we hadn't seen them in some time. We were seated in a back room along with several large parties and the noise level was out of control, there was even a choir. It was too noisy for us to enjoy ourselves. Every time we turned around your staff was singing. All of that is fine, but maybe there can be a dedicated room for large parties. It was just too difficult for us to hear one another in conversation. It's interesting that your Noise Level rating doesn't give a negative option for the diner to choose. I'm Italian, and I know how noisy we can be, but this was just a lot of large parties and a lot of people celebrating at once. We were just trying to have a nice dinner, 4 of us.Special Features:
- Great Place to CelebrateViversDined on 5/29/2014Went to celebrate a graduation there and it had the perfect sense of fun and energy. Food was great with large portions and lots of room for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okImpepDined on 5/22/2014Buca was an old favorite for us and we haven't eaten there in a few years. Salad was excellent, spaghetti was good, ziti was lacking. Seemed like we were bothering the server. I still don't understand why people are seated right next to each other in a restaurant that is pretty much empty. Still a cool place, just not that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014service was good - and that's the best I can say... the food was, esp. the ziti - was just disappointing...like beefaroni...except it was drier with less sauce
- we had a great time.MieceDined on 5/17/2014We had a great time.We had a large group and we we're loud but we fit right in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationHappyDined on 5/17/2014We were given "The Pope" room. It was awesome. Service was great. Food was very good. Moving the big lazy susan was difficult at times, but was worth the trouble to get to sample all of the different dishes we all ordered. Made for a special memory for our son's college graduation. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFamdinetymeDined on 5/16/2014The family took my mother-in-law out for a nice dinner. It was her first time there so we was apprehensive as to whether or not she'd like the food. Boy...she loved it!! Not only the food, but the service and atmosphere too! We were so glad the photographer was there to capture our special family time pigging-out together. Our server and photographer provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencecathybDined on 5/16/2014We went to dinner at Buca Di Beppo-Brea to celebrate our daughter's college graduation. The service was excellent, as was the food. Very generous portions, the small orders were enough to feed the 4 of us. They also had a very amiable young man taking pictures at the table, and he did a great job! Not pushy, very professional. we enjoyed the whole experience and would recommend it for a relaxed, dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014I went for Mother's Day. I made a reservation and was seated immediately. It was my first time and it was so cool to get a small tour through the kitchen as they seat at your table. I wish I knew they had a "Chefs table" where you can see all the action in the kitchen. Served family style at your table which is great for trying multiple dishes with large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funBuccaDined on 5/11/2014Great family style Italian food. Large servings and great food. Everything is shareable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed and ripped offHappyDined on 5/10/2014Even though i had a reservation, still had to wait 40 minutes to get seated after being told it would be 10-15 minutes upon checking in. The pictures on the wall and restroom are strange and offensive.Dont really care for the whole family share dish concept, as its tough for everybody to agree on one dish if you are a small party. Why can't they offer individual meals? Ordered Veal, side of spaghetti, and a salad for three people, and the bill came to over $90.00 including tax and tip! When i orderded the dishes, i never specified the size of the portion, assuming that i was ordering the small sizes. When i got hte bill, i discovered i got the large. No wonder i had so much food left over. No need to go back for overpriced italian.
- RudeLove2dineDined on 5/10/2014I made a reservation for 5pm. However, I was seated at 5:30. Not only that was bad enough the manager and one of the employee checked me out and gave me the dirtiest look or rolled their eyes . Just because I'm young doesn't mean I deserve such behavior. All I asked was if I can order in advance so when we get seated we will get our food right away since we are in a time budget. The waiter was nice that's the ONLY reason service got a 2 star
- EXCELLENTEXTREMEDined on 5/10/2014WE HAD A GREAT TIME CELEBRATING A GRADUATION, IT WAS A PLEASURE TO HAVE HOSTED THIS EVENT FOR MY FAMILY.Special Features:
- Simple date night with the ladyRansdell91Dined on 5/9/2014I came here for my first booking using open table. It was a great night. It was my girlfriends first time there. She filly enjoyed the whole night. Food was delicious and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 368 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Brea reviews archive.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014When we arrived we were seated quickly ( we had reservations), staff was friendly, especially our server, and the ambiance was fun. However, we ordered three appetizers and after approx 20 mins, we received one of our entrees (pizza), we had to ask for our appetizers and only received two of them. Our other entrees arrived within a few minutes, except for my sons order of plain spaghetti with butter. It took approx another 10 mins for him to receive his spaghetti which was an extremely small portion. In knowing that this was his entree and all the other portion were large, it was surprising how little this amount of food was. The waiter was sympathetic and offered to bring something else but we were done by that point.