Buca di Beppo - Brandon
11105 Causeway Boulevard
Brandon, FL 33511Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Brandon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8136818462x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Daniel Padilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Brandon
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Brandon reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- birthday dinnerevientampaDined on 8/17/2014Never been there before. The food was good. However, they were out of butter and did not have any alternative for the bread. Not sure how an Italian restaurant runs out if butter. The attitude about the lack of butter was poor and unapologetic which set a bad tone to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/17/2014Had another excellent visit to Buco di Beppo! Having lived in Italy for some nine years, we are more than willing to drive an hour to get to this Brandon, Florida restaurant. Their service is outstanding, the food excellent--and freshly prepared. Their meatballs and marinara sauce are truly outstanding. During all of our visits there, a manager came by to check on us to see that all was O.K. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Traditionmomin52001Dined on 8/12/2014My daughter has a favorite restaurant, it's BUCA. We've had her birthday dinner there for a few years now. This last one was especially nice as there was a candle and song. She was delightfully embarrassed. She gets the brownie dessert and nearly eats the whole thing by herself. Thank you for being a place we can call a tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening at Buca'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Nine of us went for my daughter's birthday the other night.It was a fun time and we were kind of loud! Waitress and bartender were friendly and accommodating.Put us in a small open room by itself and food was great!! Love to come to Buca's for special occasions! Come hungry!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOldGnomeDined on 8/9/2014Kitschy? Yes. Noisy? Yes - especially near the kitchen. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The food is excellent and the large portions encourage "family style" ordering and eating. We love this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Great Service great food it is perfect for groups, familiesSpecial Features:
- Good food - good serviceSRQfamDined on 8/3/2014Service was good, but we also came at a time when lunch was virtually over.... We had a server that just started at this location but had worked at another one that had shut down a few years ago in Tampa. The only criticism that I had was that it wasn't the cleanest environment where we had our table. Walking into one of the closest areas to the front, we noticed that our shoes were sticking to the floor and that's not a great sound to hear when you're coming into a dining area....It was made up by the good service but it left a negative impression. The photos all around are what makes the restaurant such an eclectic dining experience but family friendly is not a phrase I would use.
- Well Done!VeryPickyEaterDined on 8/2/2014With a Chef in the family I tend to be picky, but I have nothing to complain about at Buca de Beppo. The food, wine and service were excellent. Will return, but won't order so much next time! (Family style serves large portions, even when you order the small!) We dined in the "Wine Room" and it was a perfect setting. We had reservations, and were seated the moment we walked in the door.Special Features:
- slow slow slowlololololDined on 8/2/2014First the food was good. I thoroughly enjoyed the good and I suppose that is the main thing. However, the service was extremely slow. The restaurant was not crowded and really there was no need to even make reservations because we were put in a normal booth that or baby seats could hardly fit. My daughters mac n cheese took 1\2 hour to bring out. Really? Mac n cheese? So the food was good but everything else was mediocre at best.
- Perfect for Large gatheringsLBBdinerDined on 7/22/2014We had a party of 12 (8 adults and 4 children) and our evening 2-family dinner was perfect from beginning to end. Dan the Man was our server and he did an excellent job of keeping our table equipped with whatever we required, even pictures of our special family get-together. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeChickiniceDined on 7/19/2014When we lived in the Brandon area my family and I frequented this restuarant a lot. Now that we've moved further north, we make the hour drive because its worth it. We have eaten at the Fort Myers loation and found it just as wonderful. Always great food, service and ambience. We love Buca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on 7/12/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, generous amounts. Extra great service, never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Excelent service and foodfteverhartDined on 7/5/2014We had a great time and the server was very helpful with our 8 person group. We will return for another outing soon. Food was very good and came out hot. Our drinks came out very promptly and so did the bread.Special Features:
- Interesting adventureMorebeerDined on 7/5/2014Heard about the place for years, but never drove to Brandon from the beach in Pinellas county. Signed up for their email club, and received a coupon for 20 bucks right before July 4th. This provided us with the incentive to take a drive and see what Buca is all about. We had a very entertaining visit. The food was good, and the ambiance is amazing. Just the pictures on the walls are worth the trip. Portions are more than adequate; enough for two meals, so we left with our doggy bags, and a pleasant memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SavannahsMomDined on 7/5/2014Amazing Food and Atmosphere. Perfect for groups with the Family Style menu! Everyone loved it!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereMattfl7971Dined on 7/4/2014Buca is a great place for groups. The decor is amazing. Some of the dishes are great and unique while others I could make just as well at home. Skip the spaghetti and/or ravioli and opt for dishes you wouldn't get at home. Prices on the high side, refer back to previous comment on dishes made at home. The service was great. I would recommend asking to have Carlos as your server. We have had him several times and he is great.Special Features:
- a little late on the reservationDrSteveVIPDined on 7/4/2014We had a six oclock reservation for 9 people. We got there at 5 of six, and they were empty, as it was early on a holiday evening. They told us it would be about fifteen minutes until our table was ready. My initial reaction was that Open Table must not work very well if an empty restarurant didnt have a reserved table ready at the beginning of the evening. We got seated by about 6:10, and the rest of the evening was fine. Plentifuil, good food served well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The ambiance, the food and the service were all outstanding. Were it not for the fact that it is a 100 mile round trip to go there, I would be there weeklySpecial Features:
- Buca first experiencedocgDined on 6/16/2014Great service, and food. Only disappointment was that we ordered lasagna, only to find out a while later, while we were waiting, that they did not have the entree, due to the fact that they ran out from Father's Day the day before. Otherwise, we had an excellent experience, and will definitely be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall solidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014I've visited Bucca in several states, food is always good. My family and I really enjoyed over visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Brandon reviews archive.
- crazy4goodfoodDined on 5/24/2014Excellent food. Specially for people with big appetites! Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glass half full?LisbethDined on 5/17/2014Sangria was great, but it's served in shot-sized glasses and no fruit. Recommendation: serve in a "real" glass with fruit and have pitchers that don't empty out all the ice into the glass, leaving no room for sangria! Otherwise, fun and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFridayClubDined on 5/16/2014Meal portion are huge. Arrabbiata sauce for the pasta had sugar in it. It did not taste good with sugar. This is the first time I have come acros Arrabbiata sauce with sugar. Veggie pizza was average. Not much choice for vegetarian.Special Features:
- great meal outluv2eatDined on 5/11/2014We had positive dining experience on Mother's Day with you. The food was delicious. Service awesome. Will plan to go back soon.Special Features:
- Everything but the pizzafamilyof4Dined on 5/11/2014Food was excellent, restaurant was interesting with all the pictures and themes. My 6 year old pizza expert did not like the pizza so all 4 of us tried it and 2 likes and 2 dislikes. I highly recommend the stuff shells.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family diningDahottestGlamMaDined on 5/11/2014If you are looking to feed your family or have a group of friends you would like to dine with Buca is the place to go. Family styled dining with great service and plenty to take home for a meal the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food tasted good and there were 2 serving choices of small (feeds 2) and large (feeds 4). Prices were higher then expected due to larger servings. Seemed like all small servings were in the $22 range, even for pasta which usually included some type of meat. Disappointed in the drinks, my spouse and I ordered the Italian margarita. Mine was too salty and not enough juice and hers was more juice but too strong for her liking. Drinks were high priced also at $9.99 each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We go to Bucca often and on special occassions. We love it there. Food is always great!!!Special Features:
- frozen foodsubboy338Dined on 5/11/2014The lasagna was cold with very little flavor and it appeared to have been frozen and then reheated, the appetizers, food and drinks were definitely overpriced. My wife and I currently eat at restaurants in Tampa Bay at least twice a week, since we both work long hours, so hopefully we do have some experience in both food quality and price in Tampa Bay. We moved here from Colorado Springs a number of years ago and had dinner at the same chain restaurant on numerous occasions in that same city and the dining experience was always excellent. Never again in Brandon, FL, no home cooking style there
- Great!WillbBackDined on 5/10/2014Great food, quality service. Our server was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSquidDined on 5/9/2014I love the food well I love Italian food in general. Great service and great staff!!! I want to work here it just seem like a very good environment to be at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The food was great, the drinks were decent and the service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!MargieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We went for my niece's graduation. The food was amazing, we were a large group and accommodate u in this large round table which it was great. The service was amazing. Thank youSpecial Features:
- DeliciousFoodieLoverDined on 4/26/2014There isn't a bad item on the menu! Mozzarella sticks are an excellent appetizer and the large one can feed 5 comfortably. The gluten free menu is also wonderful and has about 6 options to choose from. For any party or get together, Buca is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodslkdiverDined on 4/20/2014The Buca small is too big for one, and more than enough for two, so a couple either has to agree on what to split, or take a bunch of food home. We seldom agree on entrees, but were able to agree this time on the chicken parmesan. Also had one drink, which was overpriced ($9 for a draft beer and $9.50 for a glass and a half of house wine. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca is great!BillsbabblingDined on 4/20/2014If you like Italian food you cannot beat Buca's. That's all I have to say. I had to write more because I got the message; "You have too few characters".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was my first visit and I have to say it definitely won't be my last. I love the atmosphere and the authenticity overall. The food was amazing, the staff was friendly, definitely a top pickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBirdieDined on 4/20/2014We were seated at a table for four, but our party was five. We complained to our server, Olivia, who immediately took care of it and seated us at a much larger table. She was very friendly and took good care of us through the meal. The servings are huge. The food was very good, but I thought the alcoholic drinks were too high priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations not metMikeDined on 4/11/2014From the first time we ate at the restaurant we wanted to eat at the “Kitchen Table” so for my daughter’s birthday we reserved it. The service was subpar; it was the server to be honest. We are literally the only table in the room and she had to be reminded to bring us items that we requested, it took 20 min to get the check and then we had to ask for the leftover box’s after paying. The other item that was missing about the experience was the servers are supposed to come by the table and talk about the items they are taking to the other customers… We had the same salad explained twice, but all this other yummy looking food just went out the room. We just will sit in one of the regular tables next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dedicationsheba123Dined on 4/6/2014service was great. the accomidation were to my expectation. the food was great. we had a great time. thank you I would definately consider Bucca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.