Buca di Beppo - Bally's
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Bally's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ballysac.com/
- Phone: (609) 340-1555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Di Marco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buca Di Beppo is the Perfect Party Venue for all Your Special Occasions When it comes to celebrations, Buca is known as party central! Our hearty Italian dishes are served family-style, making them perfect for sharing. Plus, the eclectic décor, lively music and engaging staff, all add to the fun. From a communion, anniversary and holiday party to a prom dinner, military event and retirement banquet, throwing a great party is what Buca does best! •Birthday Party •Graduation Party •Rehearsal Dinner •Wedding Reception •Bridal Shower, Bachelorette Party, Wedding Reception •Christmas Party / Holiday Party •Baby Shower •Reunion
- Private Party Contact: David DeTitto 6093401555
A word from Buca di Beppo - Bally's
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our décor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Bally's - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Buca di Beppo - Bally's reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)kid-friendly (37)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (15)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2014incredibly disappointed... hostess, ambiance, food etc all very mediocre. Waitress was ok.
- AmazingFunkycoldmedinaDined on 11/22/2014Good food and great staff. I've been to Buca before so I knew what it was like but my friends have never been. They loves it :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCws146Dined on 11/15/2014As always, the food was awesome, along with great service. Whenever in AC we dine here. Very pleased!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedATC12Dined on 11/15/2014Very disappointed from the time we got there. We had a 6:00 reservation for a party of 9. We arrived 10 minutes early and was told it would be a few minutes. During our wait 2 other large parties were seated before us and they didn't have a reservation. Again we were told a few more minutes, only to find out that they were waiting for someone to leave so tables could be pushed together. The tables were different sizes and after being pushed together did not fit our party of 9. I had to ask the manger for another table to be brought over. This table was also smaller than the other ones. The food was ok..the waitress was great.. I have dined at other Buca di Beppo Restaurants and never had any problems! Don't think I will be dining at this restaurant in the future!
- A GemDivainmeDined on 11/9/2014Had a wonderful experience here and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staff.FatheadOBrienDined on 11/8/2014Had a great time. The staff made it perfect. Thanks again. Fathead's Son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Everything was great from the warm and friendly greeting from the hostess Rosalia to the buffet selection and the service from willieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo in Bally's ACMinnie24Dined on 11/5/2014I've been there for lunch and for dinner. You can order individual items for lunch but dinner is served family style. Excellent food but the portions are huge for just two people and you end up taking more of it home than you can eat.Special Features:
- Family settingLamarhenryDined on 11/2/2014I like the family style serving of the food. its great for bringing people together. My waitresses we hilarious and I like that they were from different ethnic backgrounds.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodluverDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed the food very much just wish server told us how big the portions were because we over ordered. But other than that it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockie12Dined on 10/29/2014Menu is very diverse and portions are large enough for sharing.Special Features:
- Sooooooooo GoodSlotqueen50Dined on 10/21/2014My husband, myself and another couple decided we wanted Italian food, so we went to Buca for the first time. I checked out the website so I knew they served family style. Small-2-3 people and large 4-5. We ordered a small salad for the 4 of us because the waitress was nice enough to tell us there would be plenty. She was right. My friends ordered a chicken dish with a lemon flavor, not a red sauce. They said it was yummy. My husband and I had a shrimp, spinach and pasta dish that was very flavorful. It was quite a large portion for a small. We brought the rest home and got another dinner out of it. We also had a baked ziti for the table and it was free with a coupon. I always join a restaurant to get promotions. The only thing we didn't care for was the bread. It was very plain and bland. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least we had some laughs!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014This restaurant has possibilities - it is a "standard chain Italian restaurant" with all of the usual expected dishes offered. The food was good - but nothing special or out of the ordinary. The service needs to be improved. Our server (who barely spoke or understood English) brought us THREE incorrect drink orders, even after we POINTED TO THE MENU ITEM and SHOWED her what we wanted to order. The busboy (who was trying to be helpful) did not understand what a carafe of wine is (he looked totally puzzled and asked if we wanted a "giraffe" of wine), even though the item is ON THE RESTAURANT'S MENU. He later tried to remove my plate from the table WHILE I WAS STILL EATING. The servers clearly meant well but need to be trained properly.Special Features:
- excellent foodPrincessDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was very nice and the food was great. But a word of warning, you get very large portions. We had a group of 6, so we ordered the large plate and we had enough to feed at least 3-4 more. Of course the upside of this is dinner for the next day. Hahah. They eve pack it up with plates and utensils to go. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeenhoDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed this restaurant with a group of friends prior t the Atlantic City Marathon/Half Marathon. The food and service was excellent. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- InconsistentChefBethDined on 10/14/2014My hubby and I went here for a date night. Staff was nice. When taking our drink order we asked the server if they had espresso martinis. He had no idea but he asked the bartender and they made us espresso martinis that were not very good. We received our bread and it was cold and stale. For our entrée we ordered a seafood pasta. The seafood was delicious but the pasta itself lacked any flavor and didn't have a sauce, more of a watery concoction.Special Features:
- just the 2 of usJust2peopleDined on 10/13/2014Its been years since we ate at Buca. The first time was a family gathering in Jenkintown, Pa (which is gone), then my wife & I tried the Wynnewood, Pa location (also gone). In fact, the only location listed in the Phila area is in Exton, Pa. Being in Atlantic City, NJ we tried Buca again. We had the small chopped antipasto salad ($17.99) consisting of lettuce & barely any of the other items listed, the Small Veal Parmigianino consisting of 3 pieces for $29.99 & a small side of not very tasty spaghetti ($9.99). All this & a coffee ($3.65) totaled $61.62 was overpriced and not very good. If we go again, we'll try the salad bar for $19.99 which may be overpriced for what they have to offer but it looked better than what we ordered.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Waiter wasn't very good. Didn't let us know about pasta bar...also stood at our table & watched while I signed the bill & added the tip...this was very rude & intimidating. Food was okay...not as good as other Buca's that I have eaten.Special Features:
- quantity of foodrio2725Dined on 10/9/2014we went for the 33 dollar fix menu. we got a salad , 2 pieces of chicken[to share] and 1 small piece of cake [ to share]. not worth it. we asked how many pieces of chicken you would get if you just ordered from the menu. he said 3 to share , no sides, no nothing. just not worth it!
- Food in the CasinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014The food was good but not excellent. The prices were reasonable for inside a casino. Overall, lots of food for your money.Special Features:
- WINNER!!!!!oninoneDined on 10/1/2014hostess are very accommodating, restaurant bright and comfortable, the pictures on the walls are very interesting, music being played pleasant n fun 2 listen to. server was very knowledgeable about size of the dishes. Best part of all is the food, so many choices! comes out of kitchen looking good smelling good tastes great.First time I ate at the Bucca was in California, thanks for bringing it to Ballys wonderful addition. highly recommend. 4 sure we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go elsewhereACboater265Dined on 9/28/2014Its like eating at olive garden... Family style. Won't be back. Fetticini alfredo was tasteless cardboard. Our stuffed chicken lacked much of any stuffing. This place won't last in AC
- DisappointedDisappointingVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have travelled high and low to various Buca locations and have always been pleased. But I was really disappointed this time as the food was just OK and the service was very slow. Not what I am accustomed to at any Buca Di Beppo. This location in Atlantic City needs to pick it up!Special Features:
- Love BucaGardenchiqDined on 9/26/2014We took friends there to celebrate their 50th wedding ann. We had other friends meet us there to surprise them. Buca was great at taking care of all our request even getting the Pope room! 2 of us are gluten free and the have a gluten free menu & go beyond to take care of your dietary needs. There were 13 of us at dinner that night some had never been there including the guests of honor and a great time was had by all. The waiter Jeff was excellent.Special Features:
- Just OKPeachesDined on 9/24/2014Shrimp Florentine was tasteless; I kept adding graded cheese to liven it up. I told the Waiter & he said that the Corporate owners of Buca don't allow the chefs to alter their recipe (even though people & servers have indicated some items are too bland). I don't like spicy but I like flavor. If this place thinks they can compete with Carmines, they are sadly mistaken. I won't go back; it's just not worth it.Special Features:
- Food was good.pj45Dined on 9/19/2014Food was good and our server was great! The ambiance felt like I was in a casino buffet. I was expecting a little bit nicer of a place. Also, they didn't accept my gift card which confused me because there aren't really any other locations around so how am I supposed to use that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatatnerosDined on 9/7/2014We were very happy with the food choices and the quality of food. Also, the prices were very good for all the food that you get.Special Features:
- Go hungryChow41Dined on 8/31/2014Portions are big and very tasty . Great for tasting all dishes as long as you go with a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not reallyhappyNOTHAPPY123Dined on 8/26/2014First no fork for appetizers - the little cocktail forks - should not eat clams or mussels with a dinner fork. Veal marsala too sweet - glaze of some sort - should also have a veal piccata on the menu which I really wanted. My friend I brought wanted shrimp diavalo- very unhappy Italian male I was with - it came out on ziti with a dream sauce - that is not diavalo - clams too big for a clams casino - but different 0- bacon is suppose to be over casino - so overall I was really not happy - probby will go somewhere else next timeSpecial Features:
- SouthPhillyDinersVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was not good at all. Very disappointed in the quality of food especially for a dining venue in the casino. Will not return or recommend to anyone. Service was mediocre.
- Chicken parmJimMDined on 8/24/2014Me and my wife split the chicken parm with a side of spaghetti. 3 nice portions of chicken was served. Probably could have fed 3 people. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.GrouchDined on 8/24/2014Food was fabulous. But way too much, however, no one goes away hungry. Just what Bally's needed a quality dining facility. As with Guy's nothing needs to be changed.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Noise level was awful...tables too small for the amount of dishes. Food was just awful. Do not order mussels Bianca (spongy texture not even a hint of olive oil), chopped Italian salad was bagged lettuce with a few pieces of pepperoni, mozzarella caprese used unripe tomatoes in summertime in NJ. Tiramisu was awful...no whipped cream or lady fingers...resembled a cheesecake. Our waiter, however, was delightful. Would never go back. Makes Carmines look like a gourmet experience.Special Features:
- Fun Family DinnerAcm5255VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great service, excellent food. Not your typical Italian restaurant. It is casual but upscale. Everything tastes fresh and is cooked perfectly and the staff definitely made the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pasta!RobertMontDined on 8/23/2014We were a party of 4 and all of us ordered paat a dishes, and all were very good. Garlic bread also very good. Other than having to chase down the waiter for more grated cheese and our check, we were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TessieDined on 8/16/2014We came with a group of 16 to celebrate 2 birthdays. They put us in a private room which was perfect for our group. Food was great. Only complaint was service slow and they didn't bring out one dinner that we ordered. We understand the resturant is new so we will definitely give it another trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservations are the keypoopsiepDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived there were so many people waiting in line but with our reservation we were seated within a minute:) The food is consistently good at all of the Buca di Beppo's we have eaten at across the country and this one in Atlantic City was no exception. Sign up for their emails, they send great coupons! we had $10.00 of a $20.00 purchase!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in GroupsbmulvDined on 8/16/2014I booked Buca because we were going to be 10 people at dinner and I didn't want to worry about being loud or splitting the check. I know Buca usually accommodates large groups. I have to say the ambiance isn't' like other chain Bucas I have been to. It is more "open concept" and others I have been to are small and make your table feel intimate. Anyway, we got two salads and two mains and had more than enough left over. The food wasn't amazing, but it was good and we all had a great time. Plus we were stuffed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laredo24Dined on 8/14/2014Food served family sytle. Although advertised as very large portions, it was adequate for two. Tasty, but nothing exceptional. Rao's meatballs run circles around this restaurants " specialty ". Prices for two were ok. Servers were friendly. Stephanie was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoFoodFriendsDined on 8/12/2014Wait staff had deplorable English; difficult to hear and strong native articulation. Greeter was rude and server failed to explain various dinner options. Way to much food for two people...simply wasteful. Noisy environment. A good place to try, but I would not go back again.Special Features: