Buca di Beppo - Austin
3612 Tudor Boulevard
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (512) 342-8462
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Patron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Austin
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
- Meatballs: the thing to eat. Server was great!ChefKenSepetiDined on 11/16/2014Meatballs: the thing to eat. Server was great and timely for my group of 11! I will be coming back in future to eat all of the meatballs. The entire walk-in of meat will be ordered and I will eat it in one sitting. There will be many dishes to clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great date night placethecyclingadminDined on 11/15/2014My wife saw this on the side of the freeway and thought we should head in to check it out, when they mentioned things were family style we figured it would be like Olive Garden sized portions which are typically big enough for two normal adults anyway. What we got from ordering 2 (small are meant for 2 people) dishes (with the idea we would take some as leftovers) we were served probably 6-7 lbs of food. We could have very well fed 6 people with what was meant for 4. The server was great, and explained things well enough although I wish it was emphasized a little more just how BIG every serving would have been. Perhaps on the picture "these plates are 15 inches long for reference"... Mass produced food like that is usually cheap pasta, and lacking in flavor. The baked ziti was tasteless, and the spicy chicken pasta dish was fine after adding a lot of extra spice. The sauce on that was not too bad but it was pretty dry, for the type of pasta that was used it should have had a thicker and more abundant amount of sauce (though that dish would probably weigh in close to 10lbs then). My wife had a margarita that was rather lackluster and way more margarita mix than liquor probably just to emphasize how big everything is there, and for dessert we had Italian cream cake which tasted like a cheap dry box cake that had been sitting in the fridge for a while and a bit of whipped cream was squirted in. I don't really plan on going there again, nor does my wife. I'll stick to human size portions that I don't need a shovel to scoop out or end up with leftovers I'll never eat.Special Features:
- Awesome, a little quirky.AchefstakeDined on 11/1/2014We heard about this restaurant a while back, and went there a few years ago on New Years day. Been there four times. The first and most important thing I would say is don't be put off by the location. They are locked in a triangle around them of Hwy 360, mopac (1), and 183, and are adjacent to Dave and Busters, and hotel. BUT, go inside, and it all comes together. They have this awesome environment, where you initially walk through the kitchen, where if you reserve it, there is a table available for seating, where you can see the action. Then they have these various rooms, with wine bottles on the ceilings, over 2000 pictures of Italian history and glittorati, a pope table, etc. It is awesome and the food is great, totally great.Special Features:
- Daughter's 22nd Birthday Dinner!!LadyKimberlyDined on 10/26/2014Table of 5, celebrated Daughter's 22nd Birthday, dinner was superb!!!! Apetizer was delious, as were the two entrees. Followed by the Staff singing" Happy Birthday" to her with Sweet Italian cake. Food was Delicious!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitrshablowDined on 10/25/2014This was a first time visit. We had a group of 5 people. I had made reservations, and it was a good thing. The service was great, and the food was reasonable priced and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Not ImpressednotsogoodDined on 10/19/2014I have been to the location in Houston and Las Vegas and it was exceptional. I'm a native from Austin and this was my first experience and I was very disappointed. It was on a Sunday at 5:30 before it got too crowded. I made reservations for 7 for my Sister n Laws Birthday. They set us in a back room. The A/C was not on, it smelt very musky and it was warm. Felt like we were being isolated. The table was too little so they moved us and had to rearrange the room. Still wasn't real comfortable to me. The waiter was new but ok. Stuffed chicken was dry. Just a piece of breaded chicken with nothing in it. Not a good experience for $300. My family doesn't get to go out and spend that kind of money very often. I was very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Fun Family DinnerPastaloverDined on 10/11/2014Once again, Buca de Beppo came through with excellent service, fantastic food and a wonderful atmosphere for our family birthday dinner. Special light up beverage glasses made the kids smile! Ample servings of delicious Italian dishes made everyone smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationchristylaDined on 10/11/2014Given option of Vespaios for a bday celebration, I chose Buca di Beppo for twelve--bad choice. Buca's private room & round table were nice. We chose 2 bottles of wine ($100). A giant martini glass of Bruchetta came. Lovely, but not ordered. Server said it must be complimentary! Someone chose an platter of Calamari for the group, which had already been ordered. Our server didn't mention it, even tho it was more than enough for our group. House salad was the highlight of the meal. Each chose different main dishes,which tasted very similar, except the overcooked Saltimbocca. Expected a large bill, but charged for items not ordered (2 extra wine bottles & "complimentary" Bruchetta). No complimentary bday cake? Overall disappointing.Special Features:
- bucca de beppobuccaDined on 10/9/2014We had a lovely family birthday party at the restaurant. The staff was welcoming and the server was very attentive. I appreciate them letting us bring in a cake without an additional charge. They even provided plates and forks although we brought our own.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!AmazingDined on 10/4/2014Decided to try Buca for the first time and we have no regrets. We had reservations at 8pm and was sat as soon as we walked through the door. We ordered our food and we're enjoying our time alone. The manager approached us and apologized for the wait on our food. We hadn't realized we had been waiting an hour for our food. They gave us a free appetizer and didn't charge us for our food. We never asked for anything for waiting because honestly we didn't notice because it's so easy to get lost in conversation. We will for sure be going back without a doubt. Amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirl03Dined on 10/3/2014I would recommend Buca to smaller families. I had a party of 20 and the reason we chose Buca over other places for this special occasion was because of the impression given that they are great with large parties. We did have a nice room with a nice large table. It was quiet and secluded. Our waiter was very nice but seemed overwhelmed most of the time. I didn't see him very often and our drinks were empty for quite a while before checking on us. The food was all delivered at the same time and I'm so thankful for that, but it took a very very long time to get food. Guests had to leave due to the fact that it took so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too much food with too low qualityobrienDined on 10/3/2014The amount of food was enormous but the quality wa very very bad. The food has just italian names not the taste... If you like to eat a lot and do not care what it is place for you.Special Features:
- GizmosmomDined on 9/28/2014The waitress and staff were fantastic, the food was spectacular. This is our second event in the Pope room and we all enjoyed the evening tremendously. The staff warned me that I had ordered too much food, I appreciated their concern but ordered it anyway so we could all take home leftovers to enjoy the following day. Great evening, Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Our group of friends surprised my boyfriend here for his birthday. We all had a blast and were very satisfied with the food! Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!Happy12Dined on 9/16/2014Celebrated daughter's 12th birthday. they sung and brought candles out. very interactive service always to our needs when needed. definitely will go back my family fell in love with Buca. So pleased that my daughter had the best time ever. She was so happy and felt like a princess. Thankyou for making her night special!!! Food was delicious. So much I want to go back and try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!KiM9791Dined on 9/7/2014I came here for my birthday dinner with close family. Everyone one loved the food. Our waiter was fantastic..we will definitely be coming back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter...waiterfullfornoreasonDined on 9/7/2014had to ask for everything for our table, and that took too long. had plenty of food but the food had no taste. Lots of pasta , but had to search for shrimp, music in restroom was so loud, but none at the table.Special Features:
- going for a romantic dinnervrar2013Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the food was amazing, but the services i received was not welcoming at all. Are waitress from the moment we got there it seem like she was rushing us out. We only had one minute sitting down already asking us what we want to order then after we finally get our food 10 minutes into eating asking us do we want our food to be wrap up to go. She didnt ask this once,she ask multiple time to the point that my boyfriend and I was like yes just wrap it up to go. I will recommend this restaurant only because of the food. We will give them another try hopefully we get a different waitress this time. So the romantic night we was going for felt more like we were in a fast food jointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for Groups, but Still PriceyKevlarsanDined on 8/30/2014The "everything serves 2" menu approach makes ordering for small families, where everyone likes something different, a challenge. At the end of the meal you're left with a "wow, this check wasn't worth the quantity or quality of food". I WILL say that the Sm pizza we had (which will maybe feed 1 to 1-1/2) was EXCELLENT, but again I've had similar quality and size for 25-33% less $$. An axiom I usually follow is that you can tell the quality of a restaurant by the quality of their complimentary bread; Buca's was FAIR: NO flavor and a (waiter controlled) plate of plain olive oil and a few drops of balsamic vinegar for dipping. We did have a nice tour of the kitchen and restaurant, this being our first time.
- Nice atmosphereStacyPDined on 8/29/2014This was my first time here and I was quite impressed with the atmosphere, the staff and the overall feel of the place. The food was probably not what one would consider amazing if your a foodie but it was more like a real down home hug. This is a kid friendly joint and I get it, I am a mom, but the people sitting behind us made part of my time here very uncomfortable. The kid(s) kept jumping over on my side and at one point literally coughed in my face. Luckily they left before the main course came. I plan on bringing my mom who is visiting from out of town here this weekend here along with my family and I am hoping she will enjoy the overall experience as well.Special Features:
- Great Buca experience...DomerDadDined on 8/23/2014...as always. Great service, food and atmosphere. Never lets me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacetxJmoneyDined on 8/15/2014The food was outstanding. We really like the family style dining at Buca. The place is family friendly and the wait staff is excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We always have a great time at Buca! Another birthday this time, and we had large family table and we ate like kings. Had a blast, ate well, and took home lots of leftovers. we will of course, be back! Staff was great and food was too!Special Features:
- Foodies dreamVictorDined on 8/7/2014The staff is very friendly, helpful, informative and kind. Great family atmosphere as well as a good place to do business, date or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid b-day placetna10Dined on 8/2/2014not what I expected. luckly my daughter still had fun. would not return for true Itialan experience. waiters can be alittle pushy at first . then when you order...they're gone. I would only recommended this to someone who wants a "party" type atmosphere. don't expect much from the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual eventLookin4funDined on 7/31/2014We come here every year for my son's birthday and it never disappoints. We've made lots of memories around the Pope's table! The wait staff is always 100%!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Birthday PartylovesItaliansDined on 7/29/2014Great place with a group or your family. We had a surprise dinner for our son and it is fun watching everyone order and share the family-style dishes. The whole experience encourages conversation, laughs, etc. It is an enjoyable evening and always has been for our family. PLEASE keep the candelabras used for the birthday guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousOsomatorDined on 7/26/2014I have been to Buca several times and I appreciate the quality of the food and that it is consistent each time. I have trouble ordering new items from the menu becuase the stuffed chicken and side of Alfredo is so good. The portions are huge and everything is served family style. Dinner for two you can split a small dish just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Style ItalianamateurfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Love the amazing variety of authentic Italian dishes. Great portions for a small or large group. Definitely will be coming again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid place for valueRoccoRonzoniDined on 7/15/2014The food is quite good here, with HUGE portions and very good prices. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We enjoy the food everytime.pigletteDined on 7/1/2014I love the silly pictures, especially in the bathroom and the mirror in the stall is fun. The wait staff has always been friendly and competent. The sauces are excellent, servings generous, high quality little gems included in most dishes. Generally a great place to eat. We come back often.Special Features:
- Over 2 hrs for dinnerMeganDined on 6/28/20143 adults and 3 kids. Appetizer cheese bread took 20 min or more. Other tables received baskets of bread w/olive oil, we had to ask for it. Entrees approx a half hour after the appetizer. dessert Took at least another 20-25 min for the sundae. Bill arrived, noticed we were charged $2.99 per child's drink, menu states drinks are included w/meal. child's meal was reduced $1.70 before they added $2.99. Bill was changed -another 15 min, and he brought the credit card slips back, it was $6.00 more than the prior total. Spoke to manager, she said since there were so many issues dessert was free. BUT, AGAIN, their math confuses me, as dessert was $12.95, but she deducted $8.00. Won't go again. Food was ok Maggianos, I will be back!Special Features:
- not2pleasedDined on 6/15/2014Food was good. Server was terrible. As soon as we sat down he said "we are really busy so let's get the ball rolling. What would you like"? We hadn't' t even read the menu yet! No drink refills and actually Sat down 2 times at guests tables. Was obnoxious. Needs training and manners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricaDined on 6/15/2014We had a 2pm reservation and were not seated until "it is closer to 2pm." At 2:10 we get seated next to a family whose children were crying and pushing up against the booth that we were seated next to. A HOUR LATER @ 3:15 our food arrives. This place is Not worth the cost or the time to eat here.Special Features:
- We love Buca!MeganDined on 6/15/2014Great for big groups as everything is family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LunchFunatBucaDined on 6/15/2014We went there to celebrate Father's Day. Everyone loved the food and the service was great! For the amount of food the price was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Best Ceasar salad ever!! The pizza was great! Yummy toppings and the crust was crisp and wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was here for only childs graduationNvinDined on 6/7/2014A factor in my rating was the service, although the waiter was nice & friendly he was not attentive to our party of 10. I found that he did not come around enough to ask if we needed anything. Plates were left on the table long after they should have been removed. Bread baskets did not get filled, we had to ask, we were never offered any parmesan cheese for our meals, little things yes but on previous visits the service was up to par so I expected the same. My husband got fed up with waiting for our server to come around and got up and went looking for someone to refill his drink. The wait time for our food was very long but the food was delicious, so I can forgive that.Special Features:
- Good food and Great Serviceesc4eveVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have dined at several of the Buca location's - San Diego, Pittsburgh and now Austin. The food was great. We had a huge green salad and spaghetti with meat balls. Both great. Our server - not sure if his name was spelled Erin or Aaron, but he was a super nice guy and his service was excellent.Special Features:
- Kindergarten to First GradeKinder1stDined on 5/30/2014We were celebrating our daughter graduating from kindergarten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.