Buca di Beppo - Austin
3612 Tudor Boulevard
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5123428462x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Patron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Austin
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Austin - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Buca di Beppo - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)special occasion (33)kid-friendly (29)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Celebrated daughter's 12th birthday. they sung and brought candles out. very interactive service always to our needs when needed. definitely will go back my family fell in love with Buca. So pleased that my daughter had the best time ever. She was so happy and felt like a princess. Thankyou for making her night special!!! Food was delicious. So much I want to go back and try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!KiM9791Dined on 9/7/2014I came here for my birthday dinner with close family. Everyone one loved the food. Our waiter was fantastic..we will definitely be coming back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter...waiterfullfornoreasonDined on 9/7/2014had to ask for everything for our table, and that took too long. had plenty of food but the food had no taste. Lots of pasta , but had to search for shrimp, music in restroom was so loud, but none at the table.Special Features:
- going for a romantic dinnervrar2013Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the food was amazing, but the services i received was not welcoming at all. Are waitress from the moment we got there it seem like she was rushing us out. We only had one minute sitting down already asking us what we want to order then after we finally get our food 10 minutes into eating asking us do we want our food to be wrap up to go. She didnt ask this once,she ask multiple time to the point that my boyfriend and I was like yes just wrap it up to go. I will recommend this restaurant only because of the food. We will give them another try hopefully we get a different waitress this time. So the romantic night we was going for felt more like we were in a fast food jointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for Groups, but Still PriceyKevlarsanDined on 8/30/2014The "everything serves 2" menu approach makes ordering for small families, where everyone likes something different, a challenge. At the end of the meal you're left with a "wow, this check wasn't worth the quantity or quality of food". I WILL say that the Sm pizza we had (which will maybe feed 1 to 1-1/2) was EXCELLENT, but again I've had similar quality and size for 25-33% less $$. An axiom I usually follow is that you can tell the quality of a restaurant by the quality of their complimentary bread; Buca's was FAIR: NO flavor and a (waiter controlled) plate of plain olive oil and a few drops of balsamic vinegar for dipping. We did have a nice tour of the kitchen and restaurant, this being our first time.
- Nice atmosphereStacyPDined on 8/29/2014This was my first time here and I was quite impressed with the atmosphere, the staff and the overall feel of the place. The food was probably not what one would consider amazing if your a foodie but it was more like a real down home hug. This is a kid friendly joint and I get it, I am a mom, but the people sitting behind us made part of my time here very uncomfortable. The kid(s) kept jumping over on my side and at one point literally coughed in my face. Luckily they left before the main course came. I plan on bringing my mom who is visiting from out of town here this weekend here along with my family and I am hoping she will enjoy the overall experience as well.Special Features:
- Great Buca experience...DomerDadDined on 8/23/2014...as always. Great service, food and atmosphere. Never lets me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacetxJmoneyDined on 8/15/2014The food was outstanding. We really like the family style dining at Buca. The place is family friendly and the wait staff is excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We always have a great time at Buca! Another birthday this time, and we had large family table and we ate like kings. Had a blast, ate well, and took home lots of leftovers. we will of course, be back! Staff was great and food was too!Special Features:
- Foodies dreamVictorDined on 8/7/2014The staff is very friendly, helpful, informative and kind. Great family atmosphere as well as a good place to do business, date or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid b-day placetna10Dined on 8/2/2014not what I expected. luckly my daughter still had fun. would not return for true Itialan experience. waiters can be alittle pushy at first . then when you order...they're gone. I would only recommended this to someone who wants a "party" type atmosphere. don't expect much from the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual eventLookin4funDined on 7/31/2014We come here every year for my son's birthday and it never disappoints. We've made lots of memories around the Pope's table! The wait staff is always 100%!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Birthday PartylovesItaliansDined on 7/29/2014Great place with a group or your family. We had a surprise dinner for our son and it is fun watching everyone order and share the family-style dishes. The whole experience encourages conversation, laughs, etc. It is an enjoyable evening and always has been for our family. PLEASE keep the candelabras used for the birthday guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousOsomatorDined on 7/26/2014I have been to Buca several times and I appreciate the quality of the food and that it is consistent each time. I have trouble ordering new items from the menu becuase the stuffed chicken and side of Alfredo is so good. The portions are huge and everything is served family style. Dinner for two you can split a small dish just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Style ItalianamateurfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Love the amazing variety of authentic Italian dishes. Great portions for a small or large group. Definitely will be coming again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid place for valueRoccoRonzoniDined on 7/15/2014The food is quite good here, with HUGE portions and very good prices. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We enjoy the food everytime.pigletteDined on 7/1/2014I love the silly pictures, especially in the bathroom and the mirror in the stall is fun. The wait staff has always been friendly and competent. The sauces are excellent, servings generous, high quality little gems included in most dishes. Generally a great place to eat. We come back often.Special Features:
- Over 2 hrs for dinnerMeganDined on 6/28/20143 adults and 3 kids. Appetizer cheese bread took 20 min or more. Other tables received baskets of bread w/olive oil, we had to ask for it. Entrees approx a half hour after the appetizer. dessert Took at least another 20-25 min for the sundae. Bill arrived, noticed we were charged $2.99 per child's drink, menu states drinks are included w/meal. child's meal was reduced $1.70 before they added $2.99. Bill was changed -another 15 min, and he brought the credit card slips back, it was $6.00 more than the prior total. Spoke to manager, she said since there were so many issues dessert was free. BUT, AGAIN, their math confuses me, as dessert was $12.95, but she deducted $8.00. Won't go again. Food was ok Maggianos, I will be back!Special Features:
- not2pleasedDined on 6/15/2014Food was good. Server was terrible. As soon as we sat down he said "we are really busy so let's get the ball rolling. What would you like"? We hadn't' t even read the menu yet! No drink refills and actually Sat down 2 times at guests tables. Was obnoxious. Needs training and manners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricaDined on 6/15/2014We had a 2pm reservation and were not seated until "it is closer to 2pm." At 2:10 we get seated next to a family whose children were crying and pushing up against the booth that we were seated next to. A HOUR LATER @ 3:15 our food arrives. This place is Not worth the cost or the time to eat here.Special Features:
- We love Buca!MeganDined on 6/15/2014Great for big groups as everything is family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LunchFunatBucaDined on 6/15/2014We went there to celebrate Father's Day. Everyone loved the food and the service was great! For the amount of food the price was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Best Ceasar salad ever!! The pizza was great! Yummy toppings and the crust was crisp and wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was here for only childs graduationNvinDined on 6/7/2014A factor in my rating was the service, although the waiter was nice & friendly he was not attentive to our party of 10. I found that he did not come around enough to ask if we needed anything. Plates were left on the table long after they should have been removed. Bread baskets did not get filled, we had to ask, we were never offered any parmesan cheese for our meals, little things yes but on previous visits the service was up to par so I expected the same. My husband got fed up with waiting for our server to come around and got up and went looking for someone to refill his drink. The wait time for our food was very long but the food was delicious, so I can forgive that.Special Features:
- Good food and Great Serviceesc4eveVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have dined at several of the Buca location's - San Diego, Pittsburgh and now Austin. The food was great. We had a huge green salad and spaghetti with meat balls. Both great. Our server - not sure if his name was spelled Erin or Aaron, but he was a super nice guy and his service was excellent.Special Features:
- Kindergarten to First GradeKinder1stDined on 5/30/2014We were celebrating our daughter graduating from kindergarten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 353 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Austin reviews archive.
- New to austin.LuvtoeatDined on 5/18/2014A group of us went here for a Sunday dinner / baby shower! My coworker is new to austin, so I wanted to take her somewhere nice. just my luck everything went very wrong.. Worst service I have ever had! I felt so bad that her baby shower end up the way it did. We had to get up to pour our own water! Also pour our own dipping oil for our bread! Unbelievable!!! Asked for bread over and over! Our server was very rude and short with us! Manager came over and gave us a discount and apologize. Very nice manager and food was good.Special Features:
- DisappointingKristenDined on 5/17/2014I had my 30th birthday dinner here and it was great. Five years later on my 35th birthday, dinner was a huge disappointment. Food was average at best and the service was terrible. Everything took forever, including drinks and refills. Our waiter was nowhere to be found most of the evening, didn't even ask if we wanted dessert, he even forgot it was my birthday until after we had already paid our tab. After dinner, we sat at the bar for a couple of drinks. The bartender kept disappearing for long periods of time. At one point, another staff member went behind the bar and we asked if we could order a drink from him. He took our drink orders, then laughed, said he couldn't make us drinks, and just walked off. Will not be going back!
- Red sauce & checkered tableclothsgortDined on 5/17/2014Chaos at 7 on Saturday night. We were seated late and the front desk was overwhelmed. The appetizers and main courses arrived together and we sent back the entrees. They were decent about that and gave us a glass of wine on the house. Service was somewhat spotty as the place was very busy. We've eaten there before and found service to be somewhat lackadaisical but this was more confused than usual. The food was ok, as expected, a red sauce Italian without inspiration but filling. Had a good time with my friends anyway.
- Graduation DinnerRudewaiterDined on 5/16/2014my son graduated and we went over right after ceromony I had reservations however our waiter was rude and unattentive really ruined the dinnerSpecial Features:
- Best date nightNewfavplaceDined on 5/16/2014We went on a date night here as a "last night before the chaos" thing, before we took our newborn home from the nicu. Our server, Aaron, was personable, helpful, kind, and all around very pleasant! We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good for a family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Buca is always a good place for a family get together on a special occasion or celebration. It is fun to look at all the pictures on the walls.Special Features:
- outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day and it was fun, upbeat, and superb because of our waiter Michael. He was very polite and professional. He made our special day extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overindulgent but so goodYumyumtomytumDined on 5/11/2014This place is for when you have tons of money to blow because it's insanely overpriced. You have to buy pasta separate from your entrée which is already $30 plus $20 extra on pasta which should come with in my opinion. The salads are phenomenal and our server was fantastic. The quality of the food is five star, very good. The noise level is one star. I went for Mother's Day and it was so loud I could hardly hear those at my own table. The whole travel through the kitchen to get to my table situation is horrible!!! And the one dining table in the kitchen.... I would hate to be seated there on display with the kitchen noise. The quality of food is good enough to return, perhaps not on a holiday and when I have extra cash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mothers day experienceDDB77Dined on 5/11/2014They were nice and quick to seat us even with the whole crowd. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- FamilyFamilyTimeDined on 5/11/2014Great food, large portions, wonderful family atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for amount of foodHelloKittyDined on 5/11/2014I chose Buca for the family-style dining; we had 8 people 3 of which were children. We ordered the large sizes of the entrees which is supposed to feed 10 but the amount of food each person could get was very little. I might as well have gone to a regular restaurant like Macaroni Grill and had each person order what they wanted and have enough to probably have leftovers for the same of amount of money we spent. Quite disappointed.Special Features:
- OverpricedSimpleDiner12345Dined on 5/11/2014The food is decent but good grief, $25 for 4 chicken breast and that doesn't even include pasta? Our bill was almost $100 for two small family entrees, garlic bread & roasted potatoes. We only come here for Mother's Day otherwise we wouldn't come here at all because it's extremely pricey. On line Reservations was quick and simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation lunchJawsDined on 5/3/2014BdB did a nice job on our graduation luncheon...especially when graduation let out 45 minutes earlier than we had expected. They were very gracious and accommodated us early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Big Foodyoungatheart63Dined on 5/2/2014The minute we walked in, the staff treated us like family. The manager came by several times to make sure everything was fine. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. We have been to the restaurant once before for a birthday, so we knew the routine. However, the portions were even bigger than expected. The lasagna was huge. The food was good and fresh. And the dessert! Who wouldn't like a sundae big enough for a family of 7 to share. We will be returning. Can't wait to try a couple of different dishes.Special Features: