Buca di Beppo - Appleton
1190 N. Casaloma Drive
Appleton, WI 54913Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Appleton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/default.aspx
- Phone: 9207393745x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jocelyn Harvel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Appleton
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Buca di Beppo - Appleton - Best Restaurants in Appleton ›
Buca di Beppo - Appleton reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (11)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- a bit pricey, music was cheesyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014the portions are huge but I'm not sure it warrants the amount charged. The appetizers were way pricey. drinks fine, etc. The sound track was a little bit much - it went into repeats of songs that did stick out. There were a lot of loud comical songs, it would have been nice if there were more variety . The service was fine - just didn't jump out as anyone goint the extra mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca Saturday dinnerjawhDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I ordered the Italian broccoli, and while I thought it tasted good, the portions seemed noticeably smaller than last time. The pasta chicken Carbonara dish was good, but I thought the temperature of the room was a little cool and seemed to cool the food quickly. I enjoy the music and the pictures and decorations and visiting Buca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great pastaTrainerTVIPDined on 8/6/2014I had never been there for lunch before, and I will definitely return for lunch time. Great lunchtime prices. Portions were still plentiful, but not excessive, as sometimes it seems to be for dinner. Great coupon offers. Check online and join their email club.Special Features:
- Great experienceluv2travelDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated my birthday at Buca with some family and friends. We got the "Pope's Table", round table that was perfect for our group. Staff was attentive and food was excellent. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo is GREAT!KevinDevilDogDined on 7/28/2014I took my mother to Buca for her 69th birthday. She LOVED it! It started with a personal tour through the kitchen and each of the rooms, The Poster Room, The Pope room, the Sinatra room, etc. She decided on the Sinatra room. The food was plentiful and was excellent. The Tiramisu was fabulous! Plenty of left overs. And she certainly enjoyed the "Happy Birthday" song that was sung by the staff. I certainly recommend Buca for your celebration, to lunch, to a group outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2sophiedogDined on 7/19/2014We have always liked eating at bucas because we love Italian good and bucas is very generous w/their portions served family style if you wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining with friendsFoxesDined on 7/5/2014Brought 4 new people with us. Had a great experience as usual. While there, the manager even stopped by to introduce himself. Thanks, Buca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Italian proportionsTrevsterDined on 6/22/2014Food sizes come to feed at least 2-3 using the "small" sizes. Have a decent wine selection, that they will allow you to taste prior to selecting. I normally get the stuffed shells, but to my surprise they removed it from the menu. Thankfully the chief was willing to make it anyways. Plan on taking left overs home, if you want a scenic dining table ask to be seated in the "pope" table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Appleton reviews archive.
- Good Times!lovetoeatoutDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful experience. The place was clean. The bathrooms clean. The hostess was kind and our waitress was well versed in the menu. She was able to help us out with our purchases. This was our first time at this restaurant and we felt like we were veterans thanks to the service! We will be back.Special Features:
- Good food, not intimate or relaxingpkrbkrDined on 5/16/2014Overall good food but the family style atmosphere makes it not the ideal place to go for date night. Restaurant wasn't very busy yet the two us us we were seated right next to a mother with 3 young (loud) children. Seems they could have took care to give everyone some space.Special Features:
- Prom 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had a great experience for our prom. They did an awesome job serving 20 of us. The food was amazing and the portion sizes were large. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- New fav. Place to go!!!!JohnboyDined on 4/26/2014Been to a lot of places and u by far are the best in town all around great place from the food to the people you are my new fav. I'll be back for sure and I'm telling everyone about you !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to much foodwaltDined on 4/6/2014We have been to Buca's before with a smaller group and it went well. This time we had more people,13. The food ordering got out of control as a result I had large bill and a lot of extra food. It waitress explained that small meals served 2 or large served 4 The first couple ordered 2 small meals then later ordered a appetizer. So we had twice the food we needed. As I was paying it would have been helpful if the waitress reviewed the items ordered with me. I don't know who ordered what, but the bill was huge and there was a huge amount of left over food was. We had attempted to explain the ordering process to the group before the meal but everyone wanted to order something I will go back with a smaller group that will order responsibly.Special Features:
- Family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We had a surprise birthday party and everything was perfect! Everyone worked together to pull off a surprise for someone we can never surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All is well with Buca!MangiamoDined on 3/8/2014Buca is one of our all time favorites because of the great fun atmosphere, outgoing staff, and the incredible food! We've been coming for years and will continue. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant!SconnieDined on 3/7/2014We all liked this restaurant and it was not as pricey as I thought it would be. First of all, the small portions that feed 2 people will feed at least 2, especially if you are ordering more than one entrée. We ordered one large and one small for 4 adults. The 2 guys ate 2nds (maybe even 3rds) and we still had a ton to take home! The kids had mac and cheese and it is really good also! We had the Ziti and Chicken Alfredo Carbonara. Both were very good. They do take reservations which I liked - many places don't on Friday and Saturday nights. Service was excellent. It started getting a little crowded but that is to be expected on a Friday night. Be sure and join their e-mail list to be able to use their coupons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will be coming back!PontiacBoy91Dined on 2/14/2014Came with my partner for a Valentine's Day/Anniversary (the day after) meal. The food was exquisite, the server was very friendly, and it was a nice, enjoyable, quiet evening. It was my first time there, and my partner's first time having the fresh food (had leftovers from friends in the past) and we both REALLY liked it. The meal size is enough for 2, plus left overs, and the prices are not bad at all! The wine room was really cool. The ceiling is full of bottles signed by different people (didn't focus on who signed them though). I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone, and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Portions, Good FoodORDTGUVIPDined on 2/12/2014I thought that the service was good and portion sizes huge, plenty of food for large groups, plenty of sharing. Priced very nicely. I was disappointed in the inconsistency of the food, some dishes great, some really bland and poor. The pasta and tomato sauce was very underwhelming.Special Features:
- Awesome kitchen tableluv2travelDined on 2/3/2014We LOVE sitting at the 'kitchen table' at Bucca! It's so fun to see all the dishes going out and the staff is a hoot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide selection of italian dishes.joanDined on 1/31/2014Everything we have tried has been awesome. The Chicken limone and Chicken Parmigiana our favorite. Tiramisu yum! Great to take home and freeze and eat later! Did try some spinach stuffed tubes with cheese Chicken Cannelloni and odd/different taste. Only dish did not eat. Took it home for others to try but same reaction.... tossed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a birthday.Belle45Dined on 1/23/2014Great place to take the children for their birthday. The food was great. It was early and still quiet so the kids could explore the pictures. This is where they like to celebrate their birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDennisDined on 12/28/2013We had a great time. The food was great. The server was great and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food came in a very reasonable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbivalentdlucyDined on 12/23/2013Theatmosphere was great, server was friendly and efficient. The entree, Prosciotoo chicken was so-so. Not real tasty, served looking like three lumps on a dish. For the price, I really couldn't recommend.
- food was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013food was excellent and the service superb . we will come again, very nice they sing for your birthday, so much food to eat, had lots of leftovers. Waiter was Alex and he was GREAT, even packed up leftovers and labeled them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family ExpereinceFamilyNightOutClubDined on 12/6/2013Love Buca di Beppo for family outings. (I've even catered Buca for Christmas family dinner before) This time, we dined in with a party of 6. Food was great and plentiful as usual. We had 2 meals worth of leftovers, which disappeared without an issue. Our waiter was energetic and very accommodating. We had fun and will definitely return. <3 Buca.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving dinnerBadgerfanDined on 11/28/2013We had a small family Thanksgiving dinner this week. The food was outstanding and plentiful. Thanks to the staff for making our Thanksgiving dinner one to remember for a while.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving DinnersdenmarkDined on 11/28/2013Had a wonderful family style dinner that I would recomend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Good FoodLibraryLadyDined on 11/20/2013Our service was spot on. The food was average. Salmon was over cooked. Pasta was very good.Special Features:
- Great food, but overpricedMiaWallaceDined on 11/9/2013Our service was great, server was very knowledgeable and friendly. Atmosphere was average. Food was quite good but something I could have easily made at home. The only disappointing part was the overall value, having to pay for garlic bread which came out as an appetizer seemed a little odd. Maybe in a bigger city, but around here people expect those sort of things to come with the meal automatically. In comparison with local competitors I would probably not go back. At the very least maybe they should offer some sort of family meal deal i.e. two small pastas, bread, salad and bottle of wine...Special Features:
- awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013The evening was incredible... awesome food, Excellent price for amount served!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrationsAmyDDined on 11/2/2013We recently had dinner at Buca's to celebrate my daughter's 4th birthday. She loves Buca's and begged us to go out to dinner there to celebrate. We made reservations for our large group online, which worked perfectly. We were greeted by the hostess asking if we were celebrating a birthday and asked for my daughter directly. Obviously, this made her feel special. Beside the great food and ambiance, my daughter's birthday was treated like a special event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!! Will go back again.Chev69Dined on 10/11/2013We went on a Friday night with a group of friends and atmosphere was great. Made reservation online which was nice and user friendly. Staff was great and welcoming. Of course food was amazing once again. It on our list of favorite restaurants and we will go back even with the 45 minute drive from our house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but busy & loud!luv2dineDined on 10/5/2013Overall, it was a good experience. I would definitely recommend making a reservation though because we would've waited at least an hour had we not made a reservation. The food was great and the service was alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJenlaDined on 9/30/2013I brought 2 friends who had never been to Buca before. It was & a great experience for all! Excellent food, a great waiter, & a fun night was had by allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, unexpectedPF311Dined on 9/21/2013What a neat place! As one of the very few restaurants in Appleton that accepts OpenTable reservations, we thought we'd give it a try on a Saturday night. It was pretty busy but the seats were spaced out and the noise level was perfect. The food portions designed for 2 are absolutely gigantic... I think our bowl for "2" could have easily served 4-5 pretty hungry people. Either way though, the pricing is very reasonable and the food itself was delicious. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday MealBucaBirthdayDined on 9/7/2013The food was excellent and décor was super fun! We came with a large group for my Birthday, everyone had so much fun, but the service was a little disappointing. However, the family style meal was just perfect for a fun get together!Special Features:
- Good food and service butStahmyDined on 9/7/2013Good food and service but a little over priced for what you get.Special Features:
- Slow but good.Familyof5Dined on 9/7/2013Food was good. Service was very friendly but the food took a long time. Tables adjacent to us got food first even though they ordered after us. Felt like maybe our order got misplaced or delayed. If so, wish they would have said something.I would recommend this to a friend.