Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
714 Grape Street
Whitehall, PA 18052Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6102643389x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Talon Tyeryar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (21)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- a great gathering place4 friendsrurunnerDined on 10/6/2014Very good eats and ambiance. Buca has become a regular stop for us. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Always excellent food and service. Love the family-style dining. Friendly staff. Cocktails were also perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, plentiful foodCitycatDined on 9/27/2014It was a fun atmosphere. Our waiter was exceptional. Great for big groups more than couples. Very festive and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too accomodatingmmk22Dined on 9/27/2014Buca makes their own pasta and yes they use egg! Thank goodness I started my order with I have food allergies. I was there for my birthday! Waitress didn't try to find something for me to eat other than saying I should have a salad.Special Features:
- DeliciousLuvabigmeatballDined on 9/19/2014Went for lunch to intrduce someone to Bucca and we were bith delighted with our food and the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingeatinoutDined on 9/16/2014We were very tight on time and we requested our order before hand. They had everything ready when we got there and even accommodated our earlier arrival time. Thank you Buca!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun theme, slow serviceMuadDiebDined on 9/13/2014If you don't mind waiting for your food, drinks, bill, etc. this is great. I am usually fairly patient, but I found myself falling asleep waiting for my check to arrive (after all that pasta it is no surprise).Special Features:
- ronk5Dined on 9/13/2014We had great food and great service! Will go there again!Special Features:
- We'll service and really friendlyLovesmileDined on 9/10/2014Services was very well also very friendly. Beautiful art work made you feel comfortable. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and fun placereebee5Dined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner for my daughter's 40th birthday, just family 13 of us. The family style platters were perfect and we had young children with us who also enjoyed their fun scenery. We also had a great waitress and good service.Special Features:
- Exactly what we wantedFoodQuestVIPDined on 9/6/2014Looking for a good pasta dinner the night before a running race and hoping for something casual and relaxed. This restaurant did not disappoint. We were escorted to our table though the kitchen...great idea! A small order of pasta was perfect for two persons. The Apple Gorgonzola salad was fresh and flavorful (ask for dressing on the side - you may not even need it). We ordered the chocolate cake for dessert 'to go' and ended up taking home leftovers of the salad and pasta. Food was good and plentiful, service was excellent - very attentive. Would definitely go again next time we're near Allentown.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Great food... great waiter.. can't complain..just thinking having gluten free pasta is not a difficult process in this age and this would have allowed those of us who are gluten free to enjoy the pasta dishes.
- TGNATSCelebration44VIPDined on 7/19/2014First time at a Buca di Peppo, good food, a bit too chain type, but I'd go back. The noise level was very high and our server was very enthusiastic, however very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well satisfied !EdzfavitalianDined on 7/19/2014We always enjoy Buca when we dine there. When ever my Son & daughter in law or any of my grandsons (5) come with their families they all look forward to a Buca dinner. The food and service is always top notch. Great job to all of you.Special Features:
- Buca is a stapleYumyumDined on 7/16/2014One of my favorite places to load up on carbs! :) I stop here at least once a month. They provide so many coupons and deals who wouldn't take them up on their offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014music was a bit loud and lighting too bright. food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemamemeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Theresa and Jennifer were wonderful. Both made going there a real pleasure. Food was plentiful and delicious. Thanks so very much.Special Features:
- Fantastic!jennieDined on 7/12/2014We had a group of about 20 people for my daughter's first birthday and the whole staff was so wonderful and helpful! Everyone had a great time and all the guests kept raving about how good the food was and how much of everything there was. Everyone had a great time!Special Features:
- Buca De BeppoMartyReviewDined on 7/11/2014The Greatest Itallian Food in the Valley hands down! Our Families go to place especially when my Family comes to visit from New York, my Sister comes from NY, and as soon as she gets here she says, lets go to Buca.. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 267 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) reviews archive.
- holy serving size!YumyumDined on 6/18/2014Definitely enough food to share! Great atmosphere, normally very fast service. I enjoy this place,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of foodFoodalertDined on 6/15/2014Ran out of Veal on father's day by 4:00pm, only other choices were chicken calamari, shrimp and meatball...but what we had was still awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodfamilyfunDined on 6/15/2014The food is always great and there is always plenty to go around. Great being able, with the large portions, to be able to sample everything that is ordered.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightVickiFDined on 6/10/2014We had 7 of us for my sons pre-school graduation dinner and it was wonderful! My son who is just about 5 loved it! He loved his light up cup, pizza and the best is when they came to sing to him with the candelabra to blow out the candles! Our waitress was AMAZING!Special Features:
- great lunchKate345Dined on 5/11/2014our family dines at Buca for birthdays, holidays,etc. Never had a bad experience or bad food.Special Features:
- An Italian RestaurantBethlehemBucafanDined on 5/11/2014My wife is second generation Italian-American and she says that eating at Buca's reminds her of the times her Father's family got together and celebrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysLVdinerDined on 5/10/2014We always enjoy going to Buca. Restaurant was crowded, so we had to sit in the bar area, but overall a great experience. We found that the small salad + small spaghetti were perfect for three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is great for large parties. I held my college graduation party here, and Bucca was very accommodating. They were able to move our reservation up, they had all of our food ready since we called ahead, and they were very attentive to our multiple guests while maintaining a genuine smile. I would defiantly recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRADUATION LUNCHTHEODined on 5/10/2014WE WENT AFTER MY SONS GRADUATION. PLENTY OF FOOD AND VERY GOOD!! i WOULD ABSOLUTLY RECOMMEND IT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableMissyDined on 5/9/2014I had a fabulous dining experience at Buccas. It was a special occasion and they even prepared a whole cake/personalized and all...for our table! The food, service, ambience is so nice..very cozy, comfy. I work 50hrs a week or so, & I hate to go out because I'm tired and just want to be home & relax. The night was effortless... Wine in one hand..good food in another, with a friend or two:) It was really nice. I highly recommend the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- family daybernieDined on 4/27/2014had a great time service was great she was very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Dirty dishesCooperDined on 4/26/2014Twice we has to ask our waitress to replace the utensils and dishes we were given because they were dirty. A restaurant can't recover from that in my book. Portions were large but mediocre. Do not recommend-- there are too many better options in the area, don't settle for this.
- Never Fails to ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I have never had a bad experience at any of the restaurants within this chain. My wife and I love to come here by ourselves and often have family get together’s here because of the food, friendly people and large seating areas. It’s very homey which is another reason we pick this restaurant. When we have a large get together, we request the "pope" room which has great acoustics and is fun spinning the pope around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/14/2014Buca Di Peppo is the best Italian Restaurant in the Lehigh Valley! Do not go to Olive Garden across the street!Special Features:
- High Energy DiningfoodmakesmesmileDined on 3/29/2014The staff at Buca is very energetic, the atmopshere is kid friendly and the menu has many of the traditional italian foods plus more. This was my second time dining here and I always plan to go back. It's family style so it's better and more cost effective to dine with a group. You can celebrate any special occassion and my girlfriend just booked her birthday dinner in the party room in advance, after we ate. They take you through a tour of the kitchen and the restaurant before you are seated while they explain how the restautrant is run. I recommend eating at Buca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CelebrationmombroDined on 3/26/2014We reserved the Pope Table for our party in celebration of our son's Confirmation. They were able to accommodate our large group with ease. The service was absolutely outstanding and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was appropriate and the staff went out of their way to make our special occasion extra special. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.monettenomDined on 3/26/2014My wife and I always ask for and get the same table we want each time we visit...in the lovely little wine room...the ceiling is a grape arbor laden with hundreds of wine bottles. There is always Italian music playing, romantic and/or pop. The food is delicious and we ALWAYS end up taking something home. The desserts are monstrously good and " built for two". The service is attentive and helpful and always friendly. There are always coupons in the newspaper and through the email connection we've made and we use them frequently. All in all, we recommend Buca di Beppo for lunch and dinner. Mangia! ps you can't beat Buca's marinara sauce and meat gravies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repetitiverobertashcraftDined on 3/15/2014We go to Buca's just about every month. The restaurant always provide good food and a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- HappymontalvoDined on 3/15/2014I was very pleased with the whole dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-sofamilyoffiveDined on 3/15/2014For the price and amount of food I wouldn't classify it as any better than an Olive Garden(which is extremely less expensive). They looked understaffed and there was the appearance of confusion among the waitstaff as to where the food was to be delivered. I probably won't take the family back, but that shouldn't stop you from giving them a try. It could have been an off day. I just can't afford to take that risk for $100+ to feed three children and my wife and I.
- Love sitting in the kitchenLVdinerDined on 3/11/2014We always ask to sit at the kitchen table, and it is a treat to do so. We see the food being prepared, chat with the staff sometimes, and get to see what some of the other dishes look like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.