Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
714 Grape Street
Whitehall, PA 18052Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (610) 264-3389
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Talon Tyeryar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall)
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)kid-friendly (22)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (10)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- montalvoDined on 11/22/2014Had better service on previous visits, disappointed this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceShjonDined on 11/18/2014The food was great, the waitress was really friendly, the scenery was interesting, and the prices were perfectly acceptable. I came to Buca to celebrate 6 months with my girlfriend and we both loved it, and will definitely be returning. The only thing I have to complain about is that I wish I had more food considering I ate everything I took home the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2-1/2 Hour DinnerBillPADined on 11/11/2014The food was excellent and plentiful, and the waitress was very good, but the service was terrible. Took 2-1/2 hours for dinner; we had 20-30 minute waits between courses, even drink service was terribly slow. And we dined on a Tuesday night, when the restaurant was not that busy.Special Features:
- Good mealTheGreeneDined on 11/7/2014It was okay. We shared two dishes (between two people) and had ton of leftovers. Our server was a little slow which wouldn't have been bad until we saw her giving other customers better service and was friendlier.Special Features:
- 54th Wedding AnniversaryMemorableMomentDined on 11/5/2014My parents had never been to Buca before and I thought it would be really nice for their anniversary dinner. The wait staff made a very nice sign, congratulated them, and even brought a candle and sang to them. It was very Awesome!Special Features:
- seriously long wait!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014My family came to Bucca last night to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We had reservations, and were seated promptly in a relatively deserted restaurant. We waited a very, very long time for our food. The food was tasty but over priced, and my kids were past the point of being hungry, or polite, by the time our food came. We will not return.
- The food was delicious and portions were large.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014Great choice for a large group. Family style portions. Delicious. Friendly staff. We did have to wait despite our reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once you are seatedFoodluverDined on 10/25/2014My overall experience with Buca is great. I have been here multiple times and the food and service is great. My only observation is with the reservation/seating process. Made reservation through OT for party of three. They were busy as they normally are but took over 20 minutes to be seated. I think due to poor coordination between table bussing/setup and hostess.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentMarkBDined on 10/25/2014The food was very good, served hot and the portions were generous. The staff was ever present for assistance but never overbearing. The atmosphere is different in a good way. An issue involving an appetizer order was rectified quickly. We have been enjoying Buca di Beppo in Allentown for years and will continue for years to come.Special Features:
- Barely Average Italian DiningpreebleDined on 10/25/2014We ate there on a Saturday night and the restaurant was very crowded. We had a reservation and we were seated on-time. The quality of the food was below average - both the Apple Gorgonzola salad and the Cavatappi Puglia had practically no taste. The veal parm was average for a chain restaurant - the veal didn't seem to be the best quality. However, our biggest issue was with the slow service. We received our salad in a reasonable amount of time, but it took almost 45 more minutes to get our entrees. By the time we received the entrees, we were about to walk out. Based on this most recent experience, we will not be visiting the restaurant for the foreseeable future.Special Features:
- servicegroupdinerDined on 10/25/2014Our salads and appetizer arrived promptly; however, our main meal was not served until we complained about the long delay. We arrived at the beginning of the evening, not in the middle of the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great gathering place4 friendsrurunnerDined on 10/6/2014Very good eats and ambiance. Buca has become a regular stop for us. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Always excellent food and service. Love the family-style dining. Friendly staff. Cocktails were also perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, plentiful foodCitycatDined on 9/27/2014It was a fun atmosphere. Our waiter was exceptional. Great for big groups more than couples. Very festive and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too accomodatingmmk22Dined on 9/27/2014Buca makes their own pasta and yes they use egg! Thank goodness I started my order with I have food allergies. I was there for my birthday! Waitress didn't try to find something for me to eat other than saying I should have a salad.Special Features:
- DeliciousLuvabigmeatballDined on 9/19/2014Went for lunch to intrduce someone to Bucca and we were bith delighted with our food and the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingeatinoutDined on 9/16/2014We were very tight on time and we requested our order before hand. They had everything ready when we got there and even accommodated our earlier arrival time. Thank you Buca!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun theme, slow serviceMuadDiebDined on 9/13/2014If you don't mind waiting for your food, drinks, bill, etc. this is great. I am usually fairly patient, but I found myself falling asleep waiting for my check to arrive (after all that pasta it is no surprise).Special Features:
- ronk5Dined on 9/13/2014We had great food and great service! Will go there again!Special Features:
- We'll service and really friendlyLovesmileDined on 9/10/2014Services was very well also very friendly. Beautiful art work made you feel comfortable. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and fun placereebee5Dined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner for my daughter's 40th birthday, just family 13 of us. The family style platters were perfect and we had young children with us who also enjoyed their fun scenery. We also had a great waitress and good service.Special Features:
- Exactly what we wantedFoodQuestVIPDined on 9/6/2014Looking for a good pasta dinner the night before a running race and hoping for something casual and relaxed. This restaurant did not disappoint. We were escorted to our table though the kitchen...great idea! A small order of pasta was perfect for two persons. The Apple Gorgonzola salad was fresh and flavorful (ask for dressing on the side - you may not even need it). We ordered the chocolate cake for dessert 'to go' and ended up taking home leftovers of the salad and pasta. Food was good and plentiful, service was excellent - very attentive. Would definitely go again next time we're near Allentown.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food... great waiter.. can't complain..just thinking having gluten free pasta is not a difficult process in this age and this would have allowed those of us who are gluten free to enjoy the pasta dishes.
- The following 274 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Allentown (Whitehall) reviews archive.
- TGNATSCelebration44VIPDined on 7/19/2014First time at a Buca di Peppo, good food, a bit too chain type, but I'd go back. The noise level was very high and our server was very enthusiastic, however very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well satisfied !EdzfavitalianDined on 7/19/2014We always enjoy Buca when we dine there. When ever my Son & daughter in law or any of my grandsons (5) come with their families they all look forward to a Buca dinner. The food and service is always top notch. Great job to all of you.Special Features:
- Buca is a stapleYumyumDined on 7/16/2014One of my favorite places to load up on carbs! :) I stop here at least once a month. They provide so many coupons and deals who wouldn't take them up on their offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014music was a bit loud and lighting too bright. food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemamemeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Theresa and Jennifer were wonderful. Both made going there a real pleasure. Food was plentiful and delicious. Thanks so very much.Special Features:
- Fantastic!jennieDined on 7/12/2014We had a group of about 20 people for my daughter's first birthday and the whole staff was so wonderful and helpful! Everyone had a great time and all the guests kept raving about how good the food was and how much of everything there was. Everyone had a great time!Special Features:
- Buca De BeppoMartyReviewDined on 7/11/2014The Greatest Itallian Food in the Valley hands down! Our Families go to place especially when my Family comes to visit from New York, my Sister comes from NY, and as soon as she gets here she says, lets go to Buca.. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- holy serving size!YumyumDined on 6/18/2014Definitely enough food to share! Great atmosphere, normally very fast service. I enjoy this place,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of foodFoodalertDined on 6/15/2014Ran out of Veal on father's day by 4:00pm, only other choices were chicken calamari, shrimp and meatball...but what we had was still awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodfamilyfunDined on 6/15/2014The food is always great and there is always plenty to go around. Great being able, with the large portions, to be able to sample everything that is ordered.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightVickiFDined on 6/10/2014We had 7 of us for my sons pre-school graduation dinner and it was wonderful! My son who is just about 5 loved it! He loved his light up cup, pizza and the best is when they came to sing to him with the candelabra to blow out the candles! Our waitress was AMAZING!Special Features:
- great lunchKate345Dined on 5/11/2014our family dines at Buca for birthdays, holidays,etc. Never had a bad experience or bad food.Special Features:
- An Italian RestaurantBethlehemBucafanDined on 5/11/2014My wife is second generation Italian-American and she says that eating at Buca's reminds her of the times her Father's family got together and celebrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysLVdinerDined on 5/10/2014We always enjoy going to Buca. Restaurant was crowded, so we had to sit in the bar area, but overall a great experience. We found that the small salad + small spaghetti were perfect for three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is great for large parties. I held my college graduation party here, and Bucca was very accommodating. They were able to move our reservation up, they had all of our food ready since we called ahead, and they were very attentive to our multiple guests while maintaining a genuine smile. I would defiantly recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRADUATION LUNCHTHEODined on 5/10/2014WE WENT AFTER MY SONS GRADUATION. PLENTY OF FOOD AND VERY GOOD!! i WOULD ABSOLUTLY RECOMMEND IT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableMissyDined on 5/9/2014I had a fabulous dining experience at Buccas. It was a special occasion and they even prepared a whole cake/personalized and all...for our table! The food, service, ambience is so nice..very cozy, comfy. I work 50hrs a week or so, & I hate to go out because I'm tired and just want to be home & relax. The night was effortless... Wine in one hand..good food in another, with a friend or two:) It was really nice. I highly recommend the place.I would recommend this to a friend.