Buca di Beppo - Albuquerque
6520 Americas Parkway NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Albuquerque
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5058722822x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jose T. Acevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Albuquerque
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Albuquerque - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Buca di Beppo - Albuquerque reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)special occasion (22)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Favorite Spot 60Localat60Dined on 10/18/2014We love coming to Buca, we usually eat here when in ABQ.Special Features:
- Great for 4 or moreRabbitDined on 10/8/2014This was a first time visit for our guests. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food and photos on display. Our waiter was courteous and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Wait staff should have advised about ordering. I ordered too much food for the number of people I had with meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About the Servicefood4thoughtDined on 9/28/2014We had a big group scheduled, and several of the people did not show up. The staff was very accommodating to the change. Then, when we had all been seated and were were ordering, there was more confusion. I ordered the wrong drink and had to to exchange it. We had order changes, add-ons, and it was generally difficult for the wait-staff, but they never flinched, and the service was amazing. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Hostess rushed us through tour...didn't wait for us, could not hear her. And walked us all way through just to be seated in dingy corner 2 feet from lobby. A spider crawled across our table. We couldn't hear each other due to noise. Table was way too small for dinner plates. N bread dipping sauce was terrible. We had reservation for 830, we showed up early n still had to wait to be seated to dingy table while we passed vacant tables.Special Features:
- Bucca is OkayMimsyDined on 9/26/2014Part of our party arrived earlier (45 min) than our reservation on a Friday - with the intent to having drinks and appetizers while waiting for the rest. The hosts seemed to be confused about what to do with us. The bartender was great and even helped to bus our table. The pasta was prepared perfectly al dente and the Fettuccine Alfredo was creamy. The Spaghetti with meat sauce missing flare and does not compare with locally made sauces.
- Consistent foodYennifairDined on 9/22/2014For a chain restaurant, I really like the food at Buca, although it can be a bit expensive. A family of 4, sharing 2 small main dishes & a salad plus drinks (one of which was water) and an order of cannolis = $100. I had a $10 off coupon but it didn't put much of a dent in the bill. It's fun for a special occasion, but couldn't afford to eat there all the time. Besides the cost, the food and service are always consistently good.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerHaines91Dined on 9/20/2014we had gone to Buca before and it was great but this time it was horrible. We made dinner reservations for a party of 7 and we showed up and had to wait 15min for a table. At that point we told the hosts we had three birthday people. And then we told our waiter three times also well. The people next to us had one birthday and so did the people behind us and they got the "birthday song" sang to them and we didn't.also the people behind us got there food before us even though they got there after us. Also our waiter came over and told us "good thing you guys didn't have a birthday I hate singing that song" at that point we had wait about 50min for our food and it was cold and service sucked.Special Features:
- serviceRR91314Dined on 9/14/2014We go here often. This time food was good BUT the servers were horrible! Didn't offer to refill drinks we had to ask for the bread 3 times it was cold then we had to find the oil for dipping. We were offered refills and they never got around to bringing them. And we had 2 servers! It kinda felt like we were forgotten about but we still tipped them very well. They just need to get their act together. I could have understood if they were busy but it was slow and the two were seen at a table just talking while filling condiments. After they were asked to give us bread and refills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, noisySammyDined on 8/30/2014Wee were seated next to a little pantry type room where someone was putting cases of clean glasses away. It was very loud. Things were fine afterwards. The food and service were great. The only thing was that we didn't know we could order off the lunch menu for dinner. While we were in the bar I noticed someone had a single meal. We thought we had to order from the dinner menu in which everything is for two. I think the hostess should offer that menu too for people who don't know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redheadDined on 8/30/2014food was basic, but very tasty. Would have preferred less olive oil on the salad, more tomato sauce on the spaghetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ample portions, tastyAlbuquerqueJoeDined on 8/29/2014The food is tasty and good, the portions are ample so it is best to order small or be prepared to take food home. The restaurant was willing to alter the sauce selection that is listed in the menu without additional charge. The salad contained healthy ingredients and is a good way to begin the dinner. The bread would be better if it was warm. Although the restaurant was not busy, the service was slow. The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. It is nice place to go with a group and share the food family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmm, not this time!HappyDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Usually I have a great time at Buca, this time not so much: the table was in a corner with not enough space for the food and even less for us to move about comfortably! It made for a night of musical plates, smashed elbows and contortionism!! Truly a miserable dining experience. The food was good, though one of the wait staff was a but snarky- guess it had been a long day. In the end, we will go back, but not just yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite spots!sodapopDined on 8/13/2014Took our foreign exchange daughter to Buca for her first dinner out in America. Had a great time, and she loved the wine bottles overhead in our section!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Had a group of 21! This was an outing for our Girls Scout Troop (average age 14). Food was excellent, priced right, service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR2eatDined on 7/29/2014You know you're off to a bad start when you have to unwrap your cutlery from the paper napkin taped around it diner style only to find someone's lunch still stuck to the spoon. The waiter's apology was about as genuine as a rubber chicken. Very noisy children nearby under no control of the adults they brought with them. Greatly overpriced sangria which was thin and more like kool aid. Enough said.
- MAG3Dined on 7/25/2014We always enjoy bringing our out of town guest to our local Buca. Thanks for the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent customer service. The staff was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Server was professional food was delicious and are reservation was on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday funBfbirthdayDined on 7/1/2014Was a great place to celebrate my boyfriends birthday with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmm foodneuroticnhungryDined on 6/28/2014Good food, good wine, great service. the only problem i had was the portions, not that they were too small, because they werent, just the smalls say they feed 2 people and come with three pieces of chicken.. and the large that feeds 4 has 5 pieces. just doesnt make sense.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunchjfdavis58Dined on 6/28/2014Buca is one of a handful of our local favorites: always good food, always good service. You do need to bring a hungry group because of their family style dining. We had six and bought the large dishes. There were leftovers!Special Features:
- The following 304 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Albuquerque reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Good food but family style not for group with varying food choices. What if I came alone?Special Features:
- Father's Day w/ FamilyDiningfor2Dined on 6/15/2014This is the third time we've eaten here and have never been disappointed. It's important to know that the portions are meant to be shared, even the small size will feed 2-3 people! The food is good, not too salty or garlicky. We had a couple of picky eaters with us and they raved about the food! (If there's downside, it would be that our fridge is full of leftovers!) The service was great! We didn't have to ask for a thing. Our water and tea were refilled before getting below half a glass. Our server checked on us a few times while we were eating to make sure everything was okay or to ask if we needed anything. We will definitely be coming back. It's worth the drive from Rio Rancho!Special Features:
- Making a good day Great!!missingthekidsDined on 6/15/2014We, went to Buca's for Fathers Day. Because it is one of my husbands favorites. We loved it and a great time as always Thank You Buca di Beppo. You saved the day as our children live a long ways away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!foodfoodfoodDined on 6/15/2014The food is delicious!! They seeve large sizes you can share or have plenty for leftovers. Everything ive had so far has been wonderful, including the pizza! Fun atmosphere. Its a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pizzadinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014While they would not accept any of our coupons, the food and service were acceptable. The waitress did a nice job of upselling, the expensive beer and kids drink cup..kudos to her. The one gripe I have about this particular visit was our table location. We were seated right next to the wait station. Other than that, the food was good as usual. We will return.Special Features:
- My first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I felt like it was a very cozie and family orientated restaurant. I'm really looking forward to going back and experience it as a romantic dinner or a dinning experience with friends and good food. Although, I must say... I did miss the unlimited salad & bread sticks from Olive Garden. Please don't take this as a negative comment because you actually exceed Olive Garden in everything but if you would match them up on this tiny feature it would be awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating!HVNMDined on 5/30/2014Buca di Beppo was extremely accommodating for our group of a dozen diners, including one Deaf, one Hard of Hearing, and two ASL interpreters. When I made our reservation and explained our group's needs, they fit us in the Pope room, which had the lighting, sound quality, and great atmosphere our group needed. Since none of us had been there before, our waiter patiently helped us figure out how much to order, and made great suggestions. Food was great. Service was attentive and kind. The round table worked great for a group of people and who were just getting to know each other and who rely on visual cues for lip reading, Restaurant itself was loud, being in the Pope room provided us with the quietude we needed. Dinner was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a memorable night to celebrateOlivecurl20Dined on 5/21/2014With my daughters graduation came family members to town, so we had a large group. The service was great, and the food was amazing! We all enjoyed the pictures on the wall. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family celebrationGo2014Dined on 5/17/2014We celebrated our sons high school graduation here. The atmosphere is lively and because the food is served family style, it was like having a large group of my son's friends over for dinner. This restaurant can easily accommodate large groups as all the food comes out at the same time and everyone serves themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs RefreshingMaxPriDined on 5/17/2014I love to go here but it needs an update of some sort. Change things up a bit so it is interesting every time you visit. We sat in the bar and it was very quiet..perfect for us. The food was not anything super special. Maybe offering more items that are fresh like the Caprese salad. I would love to see BdB bring back the origianl menus when the first opened. There was a shrimp dish on there that was amazing. We miss that. Italian or Rat Pack type of music would have added a lot to the atmosphere. It was good...but kind of an average experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The food was great and the servings were enormous.Special Features:
- We love Bucca!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014Fun family style rsstaurant, great for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a disappointmentmshakDined on 5/11/2014I was excited by the decor and atmosphere. The water was very good. Unfortunate the Limon chicken we ordered was under cooked and it was white with no sauce to give it any color. The green salad did not have crisp vegetables. The pasta was under cooked, less than al dente.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mothers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our waitress was great she helped me with the menu, as I ordered for all. The food was very good, and we had enough for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayLoveFoodDined on 5/11/2014Everything was excellent. We had two waiters in our section which was great. Always had someone available when we needed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca's is amazinPastalovingFoxDined on 5/8/2014Unlike many 'Italian' restaurant chains we see in the USA, Buca's gives actual Italian food in actual Italian portions; a 'small' order seems pricey, but it feeds 2-3 people with leftovers for most eaters! The ingredients are very good, all the vegetables and pasta seem very fresh and very well cooked, the meat is always well cooked as well. Definitely a restaurant I'd recommend eating at again, because I will be coming back every time I want -real- Italian food! No restaurant is perfect, but Buca's does the best at coming pretty close to it in my book. The only con I can even think of giving Buca's is the fact that some lighting can feel kind of low/dim, good for an easy-on-the-eyes atmosphere, but still feels a little dark at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why make a reservation!?!disappointmentDined on 4/25/2014Our reservation was at 7:30. I checked in at 7:20. When I inquired about our reservation at 7:40 they said the party was still sitting at our table. When I inquired again at 8:00 (8:00!) They said the exact same thing. When they finally seated us at 8:10, they tried to seat our party of 8 at 2 separate tables after walking us by more than three open tables for a party of 8. We complained enough to finally around 8:15 get to sit together. We have eaten at Buca di Bepo with this group of friends for years. After our experience it will take us several years to want to return-it was a real disappointment for our friend's going away party:(
- Great place for families & groupsf8thinchristDined on 4/20/2014I love the family-style dining atmosphere of Buca do Bepo! I like the variety of dishes and the shrimp florentine was absolutely amazing! Service was friendly and the Italian sodas were divine! This is a great place for families or groups to eat, drink, and be merry! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.