Buca di Beppo - Albany
44 Wolf Road
Colonie, NY 12205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (518) 459-2822
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brian Townsend
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Albany
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Albany - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Buca di Beppo - Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (51)kid-friendly (27)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- amazing for a familyKrugerDined on 11/8/2014We came here for my mother's 50th birthday. Huge family of 14. A few kids a bunch of big eaters and we all left with smiles! The food was flavorful and the portions we huge. We cannot wait to get the family together again. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIL BirthdayfamilytimeDined on 11/1/2014Awesome food and service. Quantity and quality of food was great. Service was fast, waitress was very attentive and we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- AnnaDined on 11/1/2014Our Server Zach was excellent and food was great, Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDouble510Dined on 10/28/2014We have been to Buca many times, almost all would be 4 star nights. Tonight not one of them. Lengthy waits, absent server - food good but again long waits. Note: Restuarant was 30% filled so not slammed. We are in no rush to go back but will at some point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placedspppageDined on 10/24/2014No complaints. Happy with food and service. Good specials and great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy BucaFFTraveler802Dined on 10/22/2014I live in Northern Vermont, and if I want to go to Buca it is a 4 hour drive. It is a drive for enjoyment. The Albany NY Buca is always consistent with quality food for value and great service. I either go with family or alone, but it is always good. When I am travelling for business, I try to find them as well. I love the chopped antipasto and the Veal Parm. I usally order the large order for myself. What a value.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLuvinBucaDined on 10/19/2014The food was wonderful. We drove from Syracuse NY for dinner and it was worth every mile. Our server although I cant remember her name went above and beyond to make our dining experience enjoyable. My husband had the lasagna which he said was delicious and for the first time wasn't able to finish his dinner. If we had Buca In Syracuse we would be dining there all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family time fun with great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Very nice restaurant. Servers are very friendly, ours was great!! He had a great sense of humor and took care of us very well, was very friendly and professional. The noise level was a little loud but that's to be expected when there are big groups in the same area. We alone had 10 people with us, however, I'm sure you will be accommodated if you're looking for a quieter area. My children love going to Buca and they especially love the huge brownie sundae :) We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service Ever!!!JessielynnDined on 10/11/2014Food was amazing out reservation was at 8 and we say immediately but the service was absolutely horrible after almost 45 mins we got our drinks and then after 1hr 45min when we finally asked for the manager we got our meal. So disappointed with this because I love their food. Will only be ordering take out from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions, Portions and PortionsHortVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a great Italian restaurant which serves family style. Best Apple Garganzola salad anywhere and don't miss the Eggplant parmigiana (crispy, tasty and perfectly seasoned). Huge meatballs and sauce with imagination. You will definitely take home leftovers and the Celebration Cake is a large chunk of Heaven. Reasonable prices and the Sangria is a perfect blend of fruits and spirits. Always a great meal and the service was impeccable!😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service.Glorialuvs2dineDined on 10/3/2014The food and service was excellent. I'm not much of a pasta eater, and happily there were selections that had didn't have pasta. I loved the chicken parm and antipasto salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We came for my daughter's 17th birthday dinner and everything was AMAZING!!! This was out first time there and will def be back.
- very accomodatingmarilynDined on 9/28/2014We were a family group of 12, including 2 toddlers. We were given our own little room, which was much appreciated. Excellent service. Wait staff was very gracious even when the toddlers were running around. Food was good, predictible.Special Features:
- EnjoyableChickletDined on 9/24/2014I met friends from Sullivan County, NY. I moved to Middlebury Vt. because of my husband's illness and to be closer to family but I miss my friends and we have found Buca di Beppo to be a half-way point to meet. The first time we went there we loved it and that's why we came back. With winter looming ahead and some of my friends leaving for Florida, we probably won't be back until the spring but we will always meet at your restaurant. The food was wonderful and the waitress was very patient with us as we asked about several things. She even showed us an empty small cannoli shell so we could see the size so we could decide between the large or small ones. We enjoy your restaurant and have recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudLizgirlDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I were looking forward to a nice romantic evening celebrating a anniversary. Although that was not how the evening went, the noise level of screaming kids was ridiculous we were tempted to get out food to go. We could hardly even have a conversation. Overall food and service was good guess well try it again and hope no kids are around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night at Bucca!YummytummyDined on 9/12/2014We had a large group and our waiter (Zach) was very attentive. The food was great as always! Love the giant meatballs! Zach was fine with us sitting and talking after we finished eating too - and the place was busy - we probably should have left sooner. The only negative was the noise level in the restaurant...but they were very busy with lots of large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress :(sadbutstillluvDined on 9/8/2014It was my daughter's 18th Bitthday and her grandparents sister and a couple of family friends were with us a total of 12 @ the Pope Table. Waitress was not ever there for us, we even had to go to the hostess station to get a drink. Overall the food and my daughter loving your place let her have a happy 18th birthday. The waitress also said we could get the promo 4for 40 and use our coupon when bill arrived said ohhh sorry.... computer won't take both....really!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattDined on 9/1/2014The food was good and the servers very nice. I just had one "complaint". I ordered a bowl of salad that cost $20.99, to share. The bowl was only half full. It seemed very expensive for such a small amount of lettuce.Special Features:
- Another good meeal at BucaAfterracingDined on 8/29/2014Made our annual trip to Saratoga racecourse with our usual finish at Buca di Beppo. It was great as always.Special Features:
- Quite the unique dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Bucca di Beppo (translation: Joe's Basement) is such a fun place to eat. Each visit is an adventure and I still don't think I've seen the whole place. The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is festive, the staff is friendly, and when it's your birthday, you get a whole candelabra!!!!Special Features:
- first time but wont be the lastStillfull2dayslaterDined on 8/22/2014Like I said in the title, this was my first time going to Buca, but it was wonderful, everyone was friendly, our server was excellent, we asked a lot of the restaurant but they handled it with great aplomb. Our party of 19 people was treated really well, even when it jumped in size by 3 people a few hours before the reservation. Food was great, atmosphere was excellent, I will be going back there, and not just for the memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not2happyDined on 8/19/2014We had a party of 6. Two arrived early & the others were told to walk thru to find us. One appetizer arrived & 30 minutes later we had to ask were the second one was ? Our food followed right behind. No one asked if we wanted coffee or desert and we left without either.Special Features:
- motomomDined on 8/17/2014Buca's is a great family restaurant. Everything is served family style so when you order something from the menu there is plenty to share making it possible to try more than one item on the menu. Décor is plastic tablecloths and at my table the light was covered in dust and cobwebs so I had to mark the ambience down a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Plenty of room for a large party. The photos on the walls make for great conversation. Good food, good service - highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food is excellent. Selection is excellent. A fun place to go with family or a bunch of friends. Guaranteed to have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!FigaroDined on 8/6/2014Buca is above all a fun place to dine. We were a group of 17, too many for the pope room, but we had a private room with our table in a "U" shape, allowing for a lot of varied interaction. The food was plentiful and delicious and our waitress helped us figure out how much to order once we had decided our choices. The chicken parm was tender, the apple gorgonzola salad a must have. And a nice wine list, too -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeDelmartianDined on 8/2/2014A great time this past Saturday getting most of the family, 18 in all, together for a fun dinner. Food and service were very good. Have dined here in the past and have had take out. Would recommend and will likely visit againSpecial Features:
- The following 323 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Albany reviews archive.
- ChickletChickletDined on 7/29/2014The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent and the service was too. I live in Vermont and my best friend lives in NY nearly five hours away. We decided to meet in Albany for lunch which would be half-way for each of us to travel. I found your restaurant on line and decided to try it. Making the reservation was easy and we both met there for lunch. We were not rushed and spent over two hours over a leisurely lunch. When we next meet for lunch we will certainly return to your restaurant.Special Features:
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food is absolutely incredible. The meatballs are huge!!! I think we might have waited 10 min for our food to arrive to our table. Make sure you bring your appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!Feedme26Dined on 7/12/2014Great service and food. Had a table of seven with three children under 10 and things went surprisingly smooth. We will be back.Special Features:
- FrizzleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We asked to be re-seated because we were originally seated next to a large family (12+ members), with very unruly children. We were much happier to be seated in another room, in a nice quiet booth, and were SUPER happy to get Frizzle as our waitress. She had waited on us once before and she is excellent! Her attention to detail, positive attitude, and great sense of humor will keep us returning for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laid back dinneralareadheadDined on 6/29/2014Just as expected - the food was prepared well, tasted good, not overloaded with too much sauce, - just right. The server was attentive, yet not intrusive. This reservation was made for later in the evening, which proved to be a much less noisy/busy time with the right atmosphere to share a relaxed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian family diningtravellerDined on 6/28/2014I love everything about this place - from the unique decor (we ate in the Cardinal's Room) to the regional dishes. Very large portions, so either be very hungry or be prepared to take some home. Good wine list, friendly people, reminded me of eating at Nonna's house as a child.Special Features:
- greatwaltrisDined on 6/14/2014Great food and a nice atmosphere. Would love to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnerSamgrad14Dined on 6/14/2014I went to buca with a group of 6 for a small graduation celebration. The waiter that we had was great! Food was excellent and in a timely manner. Wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okBCNYDined on 6/14/2014The best way to describe Buca di Beppo was just ok - the food was ok, the service was ok, the overall experience ok.Special Features:
- BuccaDiBeppowhirlwindDined on 6/10/2014Booked it for a team dinner - great food, great atmosphere - love that we could have a room to ourselves. Our server, Jesse, was excellent. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Had a great timememorableDined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed a great meal with my entire family, celebrating a birthday. We were energetic and found ourselves laughing out loud, without worry of disrupting others. The atmosphere was enjoyable, food was excellent, and the experience very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but coldAdAstraDined on 5/25/2014We had a great time. Big group of us. Great portions. Only thing was the room we were in was FREEZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun place to dinechowhoundDined on 5/24/2014Love going to Buca with my family and friends. It's casual and kid-friendly. Portions are pretty generous and we usually need a take home bag to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.